PDA

View Full Version : Bears not interested in taking a QB

Billingsley26
01-11-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2779

The Chicago Bears are fine with the 3 QB's that they have and dont feel that they need to trade/sign for one or draft one.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Tremendous mock!

bearsfan_51
01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
GM's say a lot of things. I would agree that it's probably 3rd or 4th on the list, but he could just be saying that. The months before the draft are all about spin.

And yes, tremendous mock.

thebow305
01-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah.. because all the Qb's they have are such WINNERS!!

Psycho talk....

Crickett
01-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I really like the guy you have the Giants drafted. I never figured they'd go that route. Although, come on, people have been figuring the Panthers will draft that in the first round since 2004. IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

Otherwise, tremendous mock.

niel89
01-11-2008, 07:21 PM
bad ravens pick......

ChiFan24
01-11-2008, 07:28 PM
That's great news in the sense that we'll keep Rex - we're far better of with him than anyone we'll find in this draft - but I kind of wish we could replace Griese with a 5th round type.

bearsfan_51
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah.. because all the Qb's they have are such WINNERS!!

Psycho talk....
Actually Grossman and Orton both have tremendous winning % as starters, so they are winners.

NIN1984
01-11-2008, 11:08 PM
don't believe what anyone says in January.

Don Killuminati
01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Indi doesn't have a 1st round pick.

trkaline
01-12-2008, 03:20 AM
If you guys decide you want a qb, dont draft one....I got the perfect guy for the job......Kyle....Boller.....

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey man, I think you posted it in the wrong section.

In topic: OK. So they will use Brian Griese?

Gay Ork Wang
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Orton > Grossman > Griese IMO

PACKmanN
01-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Like I did in my mock, Jonathan Stewart will join the Bears.

regoob2
01-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't expect the Bears to draft a qb in round 1. Orton played well the last few games and deserves to be the starter again.

keylime_5
01-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Blah, blah, blah, smokescreen central right now apparently is Chicago. If one of those 3 QBs is available and Chicago only has Grossman/Orton/Griese I can guarantee you they take one. Besides, all he really said is that he'd be happy if they went into 2008 with those 3 guys, not that they aren't gonna draft or trade for anybody.

Spectre
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't expect the Bears to draft a qb in round 1. Orton played well the last few games and deserves to be the starter again.

If you want to know why the Bears have been one of the best teams not to get over the hump, it's thinking like this.

Orton put up a 73.9 rating on the season... and he's earned the job? That's like saying Matt Millen has earned the job for Detroit after they went 7-9 since that's their best record under him in 5 years. The only problem is... 7-9 still sucks.

Come on... if anyone seriously believes this statement, they're kidding themselves. The Bears will go out and get a QB one way or the other, they probably just don't want a team leapfrogging them since if they get one through the draft, he'll probably be the last on the board.

Never believe a word coming out of a GM's mouth at this time of the year. It's all posturing.

bearsfan_51
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I certainly don't think Orton has "earned" the job, but if they wanted to address another position and offensive line, runningback, safety, receiever, etc., I would be ok with that depending upon the value.

The quarterback position is important, but far too much is made out of it. The talent you put around them is just as important.

regoob2
01-12-2008, 01:01 PM
If you want to know why the Bears have been one of the best teams not to get over the hump, it's thinking like this.

Orton put up a 73.9 rating on the season... and he's earned the job? That's like saying Matt Millen has earned the job for Detroit after they went 7-9 since that's their best record under him in 5 years. The only problem is... 7-9 still sucks.

Come on... if anyone seriously believes this statement, they're kidding themselves. The Bears will go out and get a QB one way or the other, they probably just don't want a team leapfrogging them since if they get one through the draft, he'll probably be the last on the board.

Never believe a word coming out of a GM's mouth at this time of the year. It's all posturing.

Did you even read what I said before you posted??? Where did I say he earned the job and where did I say we wouldn't consider bringing in another qb. I said I don't think the bears should go qb in round 1 didn't I.

bearfan
01-12-2008, 01:53 PM

Orton did do one thing that all chicago fans loved though: played smart, turnover free football (had 2 INTs, 1 was a heave up at the end of a game). He also improved after every start, personally I believe he gives us the best chance to win because his playing style goes right with the Bears mentality: Defense, and power running game. Kyle isnt going win us any games, but I dont believe that we need a QB that will be a top 5 calibur QB in the league.

Smokey Joe
01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
what I loved about Orton was that he could see over the line and actually stepped up in the pocket and didn't run backwards like Grossman.

Also, Griese out preformed all 3 QB's. Ideally for me, we'd sign Cam Cameron as our OC and QB Coach, let Griese and Orton battle it out in camp, and develop someone like Joe Flacco.

toddmlazarchick
01-12-2008, 02:32 PM
i really dont get why Orton got the cold shoulder.* From what i remember he did pretty good when I saw him play and think he should be given his fair shot

SenorGato
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
I certainly don't think Orton has "earned" the job, but if they wanted to address another position and offensive line, runningback, safety, receiever, etc., I would be ok with that depending upon the value.

The quarterback position is important, but far too much is made out of it. The talent you put around them is just as important.

I'm going to call heresy on that one. QBs are magical beings.They are larger than life...some would even go as far as saying they are god-like in power.

Babylon
01-12-2008, 02:57 PM
You never show your cards ahead of time, they arent interested till they're interested.

bearfan
01-12-2008, 03:17 PM
i really dont get why Orton got the cold shoulder.* From what i remember he did pretty good when I saw him play and think he should be given his fair shot

Because Lovie "has his guy". He will ride and die with Grossman no matter what, unless we dont resign Grossman this offseason look for him to be the Bears starting QB in 08

diabsoule
01-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't think QB is a first round need. The Bears need to concentrate on rebuilding their ancient offensive line first before thinking about QB. Or getting a RB that can get more than 2 yards a carry.

Smokey Joe
01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't think QB is a first round need. The Bears need to concentrate on rebuilding their ancient offensive line first before thinking about QB. Or getting a RB that can get more than 2 yards a carry.

It's tough to get more then 2 yards per carry when you are constantly met at the line of scrimmage with defenders because the OLine sucks...

wingboy2999
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Am I missing a mock draft or something?

Crickett
01-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm going to call heresy on that one. QBs are magical beings.They are larger than life...some would even go as far as saying they are god-like in power.

Jim Sorgi is the exception, not the rule.

DaBear89
01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
there are QBs, then there are "game-managers". Bears don't need a QB, we need a game-manager. Orton is that person. it was BS when he was yanked for Rex going into the post-season a few years ago. dont say u cant win with a game-manager eiter b/c JAX is doing it rite now.

k0ng
01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
there are QBs, then there are "game-managers". Bears don't need a QB, we need a game-manager. Orton is that person. it was BS when he was yanked for Rex going into the post-season a few years ago. dont say u cant win with a game-manager eiter b/c JAX is doing it rite now.

I'd consider Girrard more than just a game manager. The guy can make plays when needed. That scramble againt Pitt and the Matt Jones pass last night are pretty good examples. He's not an elite QB, but IMO hes more than a mediocre game-manager type.

hugegmenfan
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM

truthfully if i were them i would not be either. i would try to trade for donovan mcnabb if the price is right or get an already established QB. Because they have pieces in place and starting over with a QB round 1 would conflict with their aspirations i think

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
truthfully if i were them i would not be either. i would try to trade for donovan mcnabb if the price is right or get an already established QB. Because they have pieces in place and starting over with a QB round 1 would conflict with their aspirations i think
Who? What other "established QB" is available? Daunte Culpepper? Brooks Bollinger?

Unless the Eagles suddenly lose their minds, it's probably going to be Orton/Grossman next year, rookie QB or not.