PDA

View Full Version : Next Seasons Heisman?

TouchdownUSC
01-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Who do you think should have the Heisman hype going into next season?

My list goes:
Pat White
Chase Daniel
some USC player = Sanchez, McKnight, Stafon Johnson
Beanie Wells

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
01-11-2008, 07:42 PM
http://www.motleycollegefootball.com/Images/LSUvsFloridaPerrilloux.jpg

DJKHfhuifhaif, stupid red X. It's a picture of Perrilloux doing his best Ed Smith.

fenikz
01-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Obviously the Sophomore QB who just won the thing Tim Tebow

a few others that you didn't mention

Knowshown Mareno RB Georgia
Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

Tampa 2 4 life
01-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Matt Grothe!

(I can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic.)

keylime_5
01-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't think Tebow will get as many rushing touchdowns next year with Moody coming on the team, I think all Tebow's 1-5 yard touchdown runs are gonna go to Moody a lot more, and in 2009 I forsee Tebow entering the draft, so I don't see Tim winning it again.

This year Chris Wells was hurt and didn't get that many carries early in the year, plus his ability to set up his blocks wasn't so hot early on, and then became amazing later in the year. I think if Tressel runs Beanie 20+ times per game all next year and then about 25-35 times a game at the end of the year then Beanie can realisticaly get to the 1800 yard/20 TD mark, but that's an amazing feat and Beanie needs to have an Eddie George like year to get that. If he does that and we win all our games then Beanie will win the heisman probably. I say the top 3 frontrunners are Tebow, Beanie, and Chase Daniel.

P-L
01-11-2008, 08:15 PM
I too don't see Tebow winning it again, although he deserves to be one of the front-runners, if not the favorite.

draftguru151
01-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Meyer has said he wants to use a 2 QB system next year. Newton will probably take a lot of carries away from Tebow. I still think he is the preseason favorite though.

TouchdownUSC
01-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Meyer has said he wants to use a 2 QB system next year. Newton will probably take a lot of carries away from Tebow. I still think he is the preseason favorite though.

what? why would he do that??

keylime_5
01-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Even if he doesn't use 2 QBs, Florida's defense will be better so they won't be playing aggressive offense in the 4th qtr as much, they will have someone else running the ball other than Tebow and Harvin (Moody) to take the TDs on the ground away as well as a LOT of the yards, and the chances of Tebow doing a 2007-like season again aren't too high considering it's never been done before.

draftguru151
01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
So he can keep his star QB healthy?

BigJohn98
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Who do you think should have the Heisman hype going into next season?

My list goes:
Pat White
Chase Daniel
some USC player = Sanchez, McKnight, Stafon Johnson
Beanie Wells

What has Sanchez done to warrent Heisman consideration? Same with Stafon Johnson?

SuperKevin
01-11-2008, 08:44 PM
what? why would he do that??

Meyer knows Tebow won't stay too long so it's in his best long term interests as coach to develop the QB of the future

TouchdownUSC
01-11-2008, 08:52 PM
What has Sanchez done to warrent Heisman consideration? Same with Stafon Johnson?

Really you dont think Stafon Johnson is worthy? i mean, i can see the arguement about Mark Sanchez but in some cases you can argue Stafon might have a bigger year than Joe McKnight.

jbeans187
01-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Pat White - Should get more pass yards since Stewart is willing to throw more, and of course he will get his rush yards
Percy Harvin - I fully expect him to blow up after this off year
Sam Bradord - He is surrounded by talent, great rb, wr, te, and oline
Beanie Wells - Lost the NC game but i think everyone gets the idea
Chase Daniel - I dont expect much improvement, but a similar season
Knowshon Moreno - Georgia should be a great team and he will be leading them in the ground game
Lesean McCoy - He does everything and will be the Pitt offense
DeMarcco Murray - He's a threat to score everytime he touches the ball
Cullen Harper - Had a very underrated year, should improve with Spiller helping carry the load
and a small schooler - Dan LeFevour - His stats where better than Tebow's this year except in tds, but he still had over 40

I left Maclin, Crabtree off this list because i think they will hit the soph slump, teams will focus on them more. I dont see Tebow back to back.

KCJ58
01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
http://media.bonnint.net/az/4/408/40856.jpg

TACKLE
01-11-2008, 11:53 PM
1. Tim Tebow
2. Pat White
3. Beanie Wells
4. Chas Daniel
5. Knowshown Moreno
6. DeMarco Murray
7. Percy Harvin
8. Sam Bradford
9. CJ Spiller
10. Mark Sanchez

sweetness34
01-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Really you dont think Stafon Johnson is worthy? i mean, i can see the arguement about Mark Sanchez but in some cases you can argue Stafon might have a bigger year than Joe McKnight.

See post below...

sweetness34
01-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Ok I apologize, he did produce pretty well this season. My fault, but still...He should not be at the top of that list until he can proven he can carry the load.

soybean
01-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Lesean McCoy - He does everything and will be the Pitt offense

no way someone will win the heisman playing on pitt.

and tebow won't win it. He'd have to repeat/put up better numbers than he did this year and it'll be extremely hard considering how many good players there will be next year.

i'll go with harvin, bradford, mcknight, or moreno.

oregonbucfan
01-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Matt Grothe!

(I can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic.)

Lets hope you are

WildDude
01-12-2008, 02:52 AM
U might want to reconsider mentioning any USC player i mean their one and only coach might actually leave! and that hurts USC BADLY

504 to ATL
01-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Wells better have phenomenal numbers, because I really think voters are going to take into account the schedule and strength of the Big 10 this time around after the last two championship debacles.

Not saying he is not damn good, just voters might be cautious.

Spiller could have phenomenal numbers being the go to guy without Davis in front of him. But can he be durable enough to last the season as a feature back?

Michigan
01-12-2008, 09:12 AM
1. Chris Wells
2. Knowshon Moreno
3. Percy Harvin
4. Chase Daniel
5. Sanchez/Johnson/McKnight

01-12-2008, 09:26 AM
I expect it to be wide open again next year but here it is..

1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Beanie Wells
3. Sam Bradford
4. Percy Harvin
5. Joe McKnight

princefielder28
01-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Give it to my boy Dan LeFevour

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 09:30 AM
1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Chase Holbrook
3. Chris "Beanie" Wells
4. Chase Daniel
5. Michael Crabtree

BigJohn98
01-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I really don't see how you people don't have the returning Heisman winner in it at all.

Rich Jr
01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Michael Crabtree

bored of education
01-12-2008, 11:08 AM
beanie wells

jbeans187
01-12-2008, 12:22 PM
no way someone will win the heisman playing on pitt.

and tebow won't win it. He'd have to repeat/put up better numbers than he did this year and it'll be extremely hard considering how many good players there will be next year.

i'll go with harvin, bradford, mcknight, or moreno.

He was towards the bottom of my list, but Larry Fitzgerald was 2nd in voting

neko4
01-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I think it'll come down to Percy and Knowshown
Both bring excitement to the game that gets them noticed

roidrunner
01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Hunter Cantwell. just wait he will do really good this year. and plus he is a walk on.

Turtlepower
01-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, if Georgia does as well as everyone is predicting and goes to the NC, Mathew Stafford should have a realistic chance.

But in all honesty, who can beat the godly nature of this:

BrownsTown
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Tebow, Wells, Crabtree, Moreno, and Bradford would be my top 5.

Sniper
01-12-2008, 01:18 PM
1. Tim Tebow
2. Chris "Beanie" Wells
3. Knowshon Moreno
4. Michael Crabtree
5. LeSean McCoy

Shane P. Hallam
01-12-2008, 01:56 PM
My Preseason Rankings would be (not who will win per say):

1. Tim Tebow
2. Knowshon Moreno
3. Chris "Beanie" Wells
4. Pat White
5. Sam Bradford
6. Chase Daniel
7. Michael Crabtree
8. Marc Sanchez
9. Joe McKnight
10. Percy Harvin

soybean
01-12-2008, 02:01 PM
But in all honesty, who can beat the godly nature of this:

if he can beat georgia, he'll be right up there with the rest of em.

Rich Jr
01-12-2008, 02:11 PM
UF is going back to a 2 QB system next year. Tebow won't win it.

OSUGiants17
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
My list goes:
1. Pat White
2. Beanie Wells
3. Knowshown Moreno
4. Michael Crabtree
5. Joe McKnight
6. Sam Bradford
7. Percy Harvin
8. Chase Daniel
9. LeSean McCoy
10. Marc Sanchez

Solomon
01-18-2008, 10:46 AM
My list:

1. Chris Wells - after the way he ended the year he has the hype, the team and the stats to pull it off.

2. Knowshon Moreno - Similar to Wells he has the team and the numbers. It might simply come down to who is ranked higher between Ohio State and UGA and who has had more of an impact in big games.

3. Percy Harvin - Alot of people don't realize that he averaged more rushing yards per game and more receiving yards per game than Reggie Bush did as a sophomore (and Bush was a Heisman finalist). Highlight reel player who reminds me of Peter Warrick and Warrick probably would have won the Heisman if it wasn't for criminal stupidity.

4. Tim Tebow - It's really hard to win two Heisman's in a row (see Matt Leinart and Jason White) as voters seem to like variety. Cam Newton and Moody will take away some of his TDs and Percy Harvin will take away some of his votes.

5. Sam Bradford - Other than losing Malcolm Kelly and Allen Patrick (By the end of the year Kelly wasn't his favourite target anyway) his offense returns intact. His already Heisman like numbers should improve with added experience within the system and Oklahoma has as good a chance as any to go undefeated.

Best of the rest

Pat White - Will continue to be one the best dual threats in the country, but he has to stay healthy and ensure that WVU doesn't falter in important games. Even then he has an uphill battle with the guys ahead of him.

Chase Daniel - will put up some great numbers but if he couldn't make more of a Heisman headway this year in a wide open race I'm not sure how well he'll do next year. William Franklin might also take votes away from him.

Cullen Harper - My top canidate in the ACC, Clemson needs to be near perfect and he has to display his stuff on national television hopefully without CJ Spiller showing him up. A long shot but so was Matt Ryan a year ago.

Stafon Johnson - my dark horse canidate. Primed for a breakout season if he gets enough carries. USC is another team with serious preseason expectations of #1 and if they are in fact the top team in the nation their best offensive player will get serious consideration for the Heisman. My bet is that Johnson will be the player with the stats, giving him the edge over Sanchez and Mcknight.

Michael Crabtree - Will certainly have the numbers. Other players on this list have to contend with criticism for playing in a system so he shouldn't have too many worries in that regard. His main problem will be to ensure that Tech has few losses. They enter a 4 game stretch near the end of the year where they play Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma state and Oklahoma. I don't see them leaving that with more than one win and that would cripple Crabtree's chances of the Heisman.

Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis - Don't sleep on Maualuga and Laurinaitis. Every year there seems to be one defensive player that gets Heisman hype, and Rey should have the highlight reel hits to garner attention while Laurinaitis has the accolades and numbers that everybody is looking for. Don't get me wrong, I don't think these guys will win the Heisman but If they can spearhead two of the top defenses in the nation once again in 2008 they'll get more votes than many expect.

Turtlepower
01-18-2008, 10:47 AM
if he can beat georgia, he'll be right up there with the rest of em.

Oh he will, don't you worry about that. =D

Brent
01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
DeMarco Murray as a sleeper?

LonghornsLegend
01-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Michael Crabtree
Percy Harvin
Knoshown Moreno
Pat White
Beanie Wells

Ive noticed on some list people are just throwing out names who will have good seasons, having a good season and being a Heisman finalist are two different things

I have Crabtree as the front runner, if Tech can win around 9 games, and he gets 2,000 receiving yds he should be pretty high, also it depends on everyone else, if its a year like this year he could take it, unless someone seperates themselves away from the pack

I also dont think teams will/can focus on him in Tech's offense, too many wrs all over the place, if you pay too much attention to him they will eat you up with some 5'8 wr that you never heard of, they are lining up 5-6 wrs all who are fast and quick with good hands, its pointless to put 2-3 guys on Crabtree because your secondary is going to be a liability vs everyone else...you pretty much have to play zone vs Tech because the wrs are running slants all over the place

Thunder&Lightning
01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Gotta go with Beanie, chase or mcknight