PDA

View Full Version : Flacco gets Senior Bowl invite

Farva
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM
http://ind.scout.com/a.z?s=113&p=2&c=719153

Mauler97
01-12-2008, 12:45 AM
http://ind.scout.com/a.z?s=113&p=2&c=719153

I'm intrigued by Flacco, I have not seen him play but I admit on paper he looks awesome. I am worried about his accuracy as I think he only completed 51.5% of his passes in the final 6 games.

Does he had a quick throwing motion, is he accurate? Would you say he has an elite arm?

Thanks

MinerRod
01-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Sweet, I look forward to seeing how he measures up againts the other guys that will be there.

GET LOOSE
01-12-2008, 12:57 AM
definitly will be watching him...this will be a huge game for him...make or break game...its in his hands now

diabsoule
01-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Good news. I'm going to watching him a good deal.

asmitty45
01-12-2008, 02:07 AM
This will tell a great deal about if he deserves to be considered among the second tier of Qb's. He'd better excel otherwise he's going to fall quite a ways

KCJ58
01-12-2008, 02:55 AM
Nice sig Farva

gangGREENinsider
01-12-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm intrigued by Flacco, I have not seen him play but I admit on paper he looks awesome. I am worried about his accuracy as I think he only completed 51.5% of his passes in the final 6 games.

Does he had a quick throwing motion, is he accurate? Would you say he has an elite arm?

Thanks

Flacco's with Woodson in terms of the best arms in the class. He probably has more on his fastball though. He's got a tight 3/4 release and throws a tight spiral. His pocket presence might be his best attribute though. He knows where the rush is coming from at all times and can slide accordingly. He can also shrug off and even make throws with would be tacklers draped all over im because he's so big and strong.

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 08:40 AM
It's official: He is getting overrated.

BamaFalcon59
01-12-2008, 08:50 AM
I think he is very overrated. When I watched him play he did not impress at all.

oldLibid21
01-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Can't say that though... can you really overrate a 1-AA quarterback prospect? I mean, I can see someone over rating him, but not as if people are blowing this out if its own proportion.

Michigan
01-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Flacco played like @#$% in the 1AA championship. Very low release point and not accurate at all.

BamaFalcon59
01-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Can't say that though... can you really overrate a 1-AA quarterback prospect? I mean, I can see someone over rating him, but not as if people are blowing this out if its own proportion.

Yes you can. He is being considered the third to fourth quarterback by many. Like second round or even slipping into the bottum of round 1.

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 09:20 AM

Yes I can. I think Josh Johnson from San Diego is better than him.

princefielder28
01-12-2008, 09:23 AM

I think it's more of people jumping on his bandwagon without watching him play or breaking down his game.

adamprez2003
01-12-2008, 09:43 AM
The arm and release are amazing. I dont know if he's overrated considering his arm is phenomenal. Even though he has a weird release point I think everyone has to admit he's got the best arm in the draft. So wherever he's drafted is probably justified. Glad to see he's in the Senior Bowl. I predict he'll be the guy most scrutinized by scouts Senior Bowl week

gangGREENinsider
01-12-2008, 01:41 PM

Even though JJ doesn't have half his arm and some people in the know are already speculating he could get moved to WR?

gangGREENinsider
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes you can. He is being considered the third to fourth quarterback by many. Like second round or even slipping into the bottum of round 1.

He has the tools. The people who've watched him know this. And now that he has been invited to the SB, it's not far fetched to think he can go round 1 if he has an amazing week. Then again, if he's awful, 2nd round might be out of the question...

Farva
01-12-2008, 02:19 PM

1. Have you ever seen Johnson play?
2. Compare Flacco's conference to Johnson's.

I'll help you with the second one. The CAA has 40 guys in the NFL right now. Maybe you've heard of Brian Westbrook? Darren Sharper? Marques Colston? The Pioneer doesn't have anybody in the NFL. There's a reason for that.

Farva
01-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxW_RdJjtos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abJK7EfyzIQ

See for yourself.

Smokey Joe
01-12-2008, 02:25 PM
my sig says it all...

Smokey Joe
01-12-2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks
his mechanics could use some refining and some speeding up, but he is very accurate and has a gun.

toddmlazarchick
01-12-2008, 02:30 PM
id like to see him have great success he seems to have all the right tools. i like to see players like him succeed from D1-AA and D2 and D3

wingboy2999
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I go to Pitt. And the more I read about him the more bitter I become.... If only we had him this year instead of our QB Pu Pu Platter.... ugh. Makes me sick.

Go Cowboys
01-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Anyone know what channel the Hula Bowl is on?

ThePudge
01-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm not a fan of his at all and neither are people that go to Delaware. I know quite a few people at UDel right now and that team revolves around Omar Cuff and the running game. Flacco has a great arm, we know that, but he has poor mechanics and is not very accurate. He's a fourth rounder to me based on potential alone.

1. Matt Ryan - Top 10
2. Andre Woodson - Top 20
3. Brian Brohm - Mid-Late 1st
4. Erik Ainge - Mid-Late 2nd
5. Chad Henne - Late 2nd-Early 3rd
6. Colt Brennan - Mid 3rd-Early 4th
7. Joe Flacco - 4th Round
8. John David Booty - 4th Round
9. Dennis Dixon - 4th-5th Round
10. Sam Keller - 5th Round

I have Henne rated higher than most, I know. I'm an Ohio State fan. Trust me, I don't like the guy but he is a solid prospect. At 6'2 224 and not a lot of mobility, he doesn't look like an ideal prospect on paper. However, Henne has more experience than anyone on this list and he did it on one of the biggest stages in college football, a four year starter at Michigan. He threw for almost 10,000 yards there and threw 87 Td's to only 37 Int's. The biggest thing to me, is that he can make every throw, has made every throw, and has made them on a big stage. His bowl game against an athletic, but inexperienced Florida defense showed his talent, 25-39 373 yds 3 Td 2 Int's. As for Flacco, he has played in some big games, including the I-AA title, but he failed there and from personal accounts, I've heard he flat out sucks. However, due to his upside, I have him ranked higher than some more polished QB's. He is way overrated on these boards... Of course, I'm open minded and if he is lights out at the Senior Bowl/Combine, I'm willing to change my mind a bit.

gangGREENinsider
01-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm not a fan of his at all and neither are people that go to Delaware. I know quite a few people at UDel right now and that team revolves around Omar Cuff and the running game. Flacco has a great arm, we know that, but he has poor mechanics and is not very accurate. He's a fourth rounder to me based on potential alone.

1. Matt Ryan - Top 10
2. Andre Woodson - Top 20
3. Brian Brohm - Mid-Late 1st
4. Erik Ainge - Mid-Late 2nd
5. Chad Henne - Late 2nd-Early 3rd
6. Colt Brennan - Mid 3rd-Early 4th
7. Joe Flacco - 4th Round
8. John David Booty - 4th Round
9. Dennis Dixon - 4th-5th Round
10. Sam Keller - 5th Round

I have Henne rated higher than most, I know. I'm an Ohio State fan. Trust me, I don't like the guy but he is a solid prospect. At 6'2 224 and not a lot of mobility, he doesn't look like an ideal prospect on paper. However, Henne has more experience than anyone on this list and he did it on one of the biggest stages in college football, a four year starter at Michigan. He threw for almost 10,000 yards there and threw 87 Td's to only 37 Int's. The biggest thing to me, is that he can make every throw, has made every throw, and has made them on a big stage. His bowl game against an athletic, but inexperienced Florida defense showed his talent, 25-39 373 yds 3 Td 2 Int's. As for Flacco, he has played in some big games, including the I-AA title, but he failed there and from personal accounts, I've heard he flat out sucks. However, due to his upside, I have him ranked higher than some more polished QB's. He is way overrated on these boards... Of course, I'm open minded and if he is lights out at the Senior Bowl/Combine, I'm willing to change my mind a bit.

I don't know how you can harp on Flacco's accuracy when Henne will scatter throws- especially the short to intermediate routes- all over the place. And I wouldn't touch Brennan with a ten foot pole.

ThePudge
01-12-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't know how you can harp on Flacco's accuracy when Henne will scatter throws- especially the short to intermediate routes- all over the place. And I wouldn't touch Brennan with a ten foot pole.

Henne's inconsistency is a problem, of course, no one here is going to say he's perfect. That's also an issue with Erik Ainge; however, Flacco has more inconsistency and mechanical issues than any of the second tier QB's. At this point I think Henne is far more NFL ready, though it might be a backup job and his ceiling isn't exactly high, than Flacco, who didn't exactly prove much at DI-AA Delaware other than he has a big arm, but he's a long way away from becoming an NFL player. He's a developmental guy to me.

SRK85
01-13-2008, 12:12 AM

I would consider him underrated if I live near UD and actually go to college in Delaware and never heard of this guy until now.

Farva
01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm not a fan of his at all and neither are people that go to Delaware. I know quite a few people at UDel right now and that team revolves around Omar Cuff and the running game.
As for Flacco, he has played in some big games, including the I-AA title, but he failed there and from personal accounts, I've heard he flat out sucks.

Joe Flacco broke records at Delaware. The offense "revolves around Omar Cuff," yet Flacco threw for 4,263 yards?

And "he flat out sucks?" :rolleyes: If you want to say he's overrated, that's fine. Maybe he is. To say he sucks is like saying "I don't know anything about football." You don't get a combine invite and a Senior Bowl invite if you suck.

Either you're making stuff up or your friends don't know Delaware football.

ThePudge
01-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Joe Flacco broke records at Delaware. The offense "revolves around Omar Cuff," yet Flacco threw for 4,263 yards?

And "he flat out sucks?" :rolleyes: If you want to say he's overrated, that's fine. Maybe he is. To say he sucks is like saying "I don't know anything about football." You don't get a combine invite and a Senior Bowl invite if you suck.

Either you're making stuff up or your friends don't know Delaware football.

I told you what I heard, I've never sat in a stadium, watched him myself and broken down his game. He has upside, no one is arguing that. However, Flacco is, without a doubt, behind almost all of the second tier QB's experience wise and mechanically. Maybe I just don't like the idea of taking a QB who has proved nothing against top competition in the first couple rounds. It amazes me that people give Colt Brennan a harder time than Flacco for their level of competition. I think Flacco is two, maybe three years away from getting on the field in the NFL. I don't dislike him as a prospect, I just need to see more from him. He was a 2 year starter at DI-AA Delaware, right now I'd take the 4 year starter at Michigan/Tennessee before I'd touch him.

hot route
01-14-2008, 02:06 PM
from the games of flacco ive watched, he's WAY overrated. good arm, sure, but he cant even make good decisions against 1AA competition. id put him in the third tier of QBs for sure, below henne and brennan. anything above the 4th would be a reach for flacco IMO. the decision making, accuracy, and presence just arent there.