PDA

View Full Version : Mayock's 8 guys who could move way up or way down at the Senior Bowl

Iamcanadian
01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story;jsessionid=DEC7F81618E7ADCCBD881C6D22EC980D? id=09000d5d805e5807&template=with-video&confirm=true

It is a great list and I'm really looking forward to watching them.

01-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Thanks, Im always interested to see Mayocks opinions on the draft.

jballa838
01-13-2008, 01:03 AM
OMGzzz!!!!!!!!! Jordyzzz is gonna skyrocketzz to #1!!!!!!!!!
Jordy Nelson, Kansas State (WR): Exploded onto the national scene with 122 receptions and 1,606 yards. Most of his routes were verticals, crosses and bubble screens. The former QB/DB is still raw but must show the "suddenness" to beat press coverage and a more refined ability to get in and out of NFL style routes.
btw Scott > Maylock

SchizophrenicBatman
01-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Jordyzzz Nelsonzzz will not disappoint! Not only will he be this best WR at the senior bowl, but he's planning on busting out his QB skills and overshadowing Henne/Booty/Brennan/Flacco/etc

seriously, excellent list. Mayock really thinks highly of McKelvin, huh. Hard to doubt the pipeline of freak players that Troy seems to pump out every couple of years, I guess

01-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Interesting to see Henne as his darkhorse candidate behind Matt Ryan, he must not think highly of this QB class but Im not sure who does. Surprised not to see Flacco make this list as well.

Ness
01-13-2008, 01:23 AM
I'll be interested to see if Brennan can raise his stock through this game.

Caddy
01-13-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm really interested to watch and see how Brennan plays in the Senior Bowl. Who knows what a good performance could do for his stock.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2008, 01:32 AM
The workouts at the Senior Bowl are far more important than the game itself. In fact most scouts and GM's head home before the game because they know it is difficult to perform on such short notice and the defenses are severely limited in what they can do.

toonsterwu
01-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Btw, the list is actually 9.

I wonder when Mayock made this list, simply because the publish date is 1/11 and Flacco didn't get the invite until 1/11 (i think). I seem to remember mayock being high on Flacco ealrier in the year, although I could be off.

It's a solid list. McKelvin is in many ways similar to pacman Jones' stock a couple years back. A lot of folks still love Limas. Benedict was a potential late first/early 2nd entering the year according to some, so it'll be curious to see if he can get back up there.

Patriots16-0
01-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie!!! Jordyzzz Nelsonzzz!!!

Xiomera
01-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I like Henne to emerge as a dark horse candidate behind Matt Ryan.

Does he mean as a potential #2 QB taken, or what? Henne is good, but I would probably rather have Brohm still.

diabsoule
01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
The guy that I have my eye on is Leodis McKelvin. I really want to see what that guy can do.

Babylon
01-13-2008, 12:17 PM
The guy that I have my eye on is Leodis McKelvin. I really want to see what that guy can do.

Same here, i think there is a bit of a vacuum created with Jenkins of OSU(i'm sure you've heard of him) coming back so a big move up the charts could be in store for this guy.

Jordy Nelson...there's that man again momma.

fenikz
01-13-2008, 12:24 PM
seriously, excellent list. Mayock really thinks highly of McKelvin, huh. Hard to doubt the pipeline of freak players that Troy seems to pump out every couple of years, I guess

Who are these freak players, the only guy who I can think of from Troy is DeMarcus Ware, and i think Lawrence Tynes is from Troy too, so they aren't well known for NFL talent and McKelvin didn't even have that great of a year

Flyboy
01-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Same here. I'm hoping we can land him with our second round pick.

SenorGato
01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Who are these freak players, the only guy who I can think of from Troy is DeMarcus Ware, and i think Lawrence Tynes is from Troy too, so they aren't well known for NFL talent and McKelvin didn't even have that great of a year

Osi U is from Troy too.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
How can Jordyzz Nelzonzdzz szz z move up when he's already the #1 prospect in the draft?

Bobo
01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Has Mayock done his video analysis for all positions yet? I thought I just saw a few like TE and o-line on nfl.com.

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Does he mean as a potential #2 QB taken, or what? Henne is good, but I would probably rather have Brohm still.

That'd be a HUGE jump.

Babylon
01-13-2008, 02:12 PM
How can Jordyzz Nelzonzdzz szz z move up when he's already the #1 prospect in the draft?

He's not #1 in the draft but he is on that list of wide receivers.

BamaFalcon59
01-13-2008, 02:23 PM

DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umeniyora.

Both played with my old high school football coach.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-13-2008, 03:41 PM

He'll be the first overall pick in the CFL, AAFL, and USFL drafts. Yes, the USFL will come back, just to draft Nelson(zzz).

paulwall
01-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Mayock is a beast, i love reading his stuff. He was the first guy who bought into Jay Cutler, i think he even rated him above Leinart and Vince!

I'm very interested to see Chris Johnson, DRC, Colt and Jordy Nelson. If Chris Johnson shows he can be a 20 carries a game back then anything outside the 1st round would be a steal. If Colt falls apart then he could plummet to the 3rd or 4th easily.

soybean
01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Mayock is a beast, i love reading his stuff. He was the first guy who bought into Jay Cutler, i think he even rated him above Leinart and Vince!

I'm very interested to see Chris Johnson, DRC, Colt and Jordy Nelson. If Chris Johnson shows he can be a 20 carries a game back then anything outside the 1st round would be a steal. If Colt falls apart then he could plummet to the 3rd or 4th easily.

hahahhahahahhahhha. paul wall.

etk
01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Jordy Nelson, Kansas State (WR): Exploded onto the national scene with 122 receptions and 1,606 yards. Most of his routes were verticals, crosses and bubble screens. The former QB/DB is still raw but must show the "suddenness" to beat press coverage and a more refined ability to get in and out of NFL style routes.

That's exactly what I've been saying for the past month in response to Travis, and all I get is: ZzZz...JordyZZ fasterz than Sweedz & BowmanZzZ, JordyZzZ 4.3zzz.

jbeans187
01-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Im most interested how Limas Sweed works out to prove he is the top senior or if he will drop

jballa838
01-13-2008, 11:00 PM

That's exactly what I've been saying for the past month in response to Travis, and all I get is: ZzZz...JordyZZ fasterz than Sweedz & BowmanZzZ, JordyZzZ 4.3zzz.
your not mike mayock. if you were these guys would be all over you like Travis 24 is all over Jordyzzz

jared
01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Mayock has Jordy ranked as his #5 Senior WR. Dig that (I'll bet he moves up after the Senior Bowl too). Jordy has already faced down a long list of NFL caliber DB's (as I pointed out to Bearsfan51). And etk, don't act like Travis24 is the only person on the Jordy bandwagon. I responded to your point about route running and I think we each came away seeing a little more eye to eye. If unrefined route running is a legit knock on Jordy, it's the only one I've heard. Other than the oft-repeated "I've never seen him play but I read on a draft site that Jordy runz a 4.7orzzz so he's too slow to play in the NFL he'll be a UDFA!!!" He's a very complete player who has very few holes in his game. Go through the other WR's and see how many holes you can punch in their game.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Mayock has Jordy ranked as his #5 Senior WR. Dig that (I'll bet he moves up after the Senior Bowl too). Jordy has already faced down a long list of NFL caliber DB's (as I pointed out to Bearsfan51). And etk, don't act like Travis24 is the only person on the Jordy bandwagon. I responded to your point about route running and I think we each came away seeing a little more eye to eye. If unrefined route running is a legit knock on Jordy, it's the only one I've heard. Other than the oft-repeated "I've never seen him play but I read on a draft site that Jordy runz a 4.7orzzz so he's too slow to play in the NFL he'll be a UDFA!!!" He's a very complete player who has very few holes in his game. Go through the other WR's and see how many holes you can punch in their game.
The 5th ranked senior WR is still about 11th or 12th in this class, which is probably 3rd round.

I've said for a while that Nelson could crack the 3rd, and maybe even the late 2nd round. I just laugh at the ridiculousness of some others.

toddmlazarchick
01-14-2008, 12:35 AM
its going to be fun to see how high he goes after all the hype on here?

Turtlepower
01-14-2008, 12:38 AM
My favorite drills are always looking to see the OTs vs. the DE/DTs. You have seen so many people's stocks skyrocket and drop from these drills. Remember when Kiwinaku was a top-10 pick??? Especially with how deep this OT class is, those drills can separate the man from the boys.

I really want to see which Frank Okam comes to play at the Senior Bowl. This is a guy whose motor looks shot half the time on the field. If he can show some of his junior form, maybe he can solidify himself as a first-rounder.

Ness
01-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Anyone know if Marcus Monk from Arkansas is playing in the Senior Bowl?

thetruthatlast
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Im Backkkkkkkkkkkkk, mike mayock is a smart guy, he had brian leonard ranked 5th for his class, but once he ran a 4.49 40, moved him up to 3rd. When J. Nelson runs a sub 4.45, he will move him up to #1......GUARENTEED

J.N.R (U CAN FIGURE IT OUT)