PDA

View Full Version : Tony Temple

adschofield
01-13-2008, 04:14 PM
What do you guys think of Tony Temple, RB, Mizzou??

Tony was a 4-year starter at one of the best high school football programs in the midwest...By his Junior year, he re-wrote the school record books and was getting scholarship offers from nearly every big time program in the nation. But in his Senior year, his production slowed because of injuries, and overexposure by the local media led colleges to believe that he had character problems. He ended up with offers just from KSU and MU, and went to MU...He orginally redshirted his freshman year, then took it off, and was injuried in his first game...He went on to have a fairly productive career, but was hampered by nagging injuries...He had a huge day in the Cotton Bowl racking up 280 years and 4 TD's on the Arkansas defense...He's got a low center of gravity, great vision, and a good blend of size and speed...would make a good ZBS runningback IMO

SuperKevin
01-13-2008, 05:15 PM
He's hurt big time by the underclassmen talent that declared for this draft.

bspen4
01-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I could see the Chiefs taking a flyer because of him being local and he would be a good fit in the ZBS they are switching to

Patriots16-0
01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Late round pick.

JhawkFitness
01-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I've watched him since his high school days. He has good measurables but for some reason has not really been able to put it all together. I've heard some coaches in the program have questioned his mental toughness. He's also had a problem hanging on to the ball as well. As the poster above stated, probably a late-round pick as mentioned above but I think it'd actually be better for him to get out of the KC area.

holt_bruce81
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
A poor man's Maurice-Jones Drew.

Oh, and he was also offered a scholarship by USC.

jbeans187
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
I despised TT my 2 years at mizzou until the second half of this year, he started running aggresively and holding onto the ball. His grandma passed away and it seemed he played the rest of the season for her. He has all the physical attributes you want but not the mentality. The Cotton Bowl was impressive but watching the game he had some HUGE holes to run through, but once he got out he finished the runs like he never had before. I can only see him as a possible kick returner but not much more. Durability will be a concern as well, but if he finds a coach that can motivate him like he was the second half of the season he might have a chance.