PDA

View Full Version : NFC Championship, Packers v. Giants

ny10804
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Let's do it again Pack!

GB12
01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Beat me to it. Fine, let Dallas have the #1 seed. This has worked out perfectly for us.

umphrey
01-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Supposed to be well below freezing next week in GB.

fenikz
01-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Congrats to the Packers, I was born in Wisconsin and raised a Packers fan so I will always have a spot in my heart for em, plus I just want to see Favre go out on top

good luck

Football Fan
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
HaHaHa. I love it.
Championship game at Lambeau.

ny10804
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton again are gonna be huge in this game for us. Tausch erased Kerney (0 sacks, 0 tackles) and Clifton kept Tapp at bay (0 sacks). The two blanked Osi and Strahan in week 2 (0 sacks combined), hopefully they can again.

NickCollins36
01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
this is just what i wanted!
now the only thing that can make this perfect for me is if san diego upsets new england :D

BadgerMike
01-13-2008, 07:22 PM
now the only thing that can make this perfect for me is if san diego upsets new england :D

NE get's to play a very wounded SD team. That would be something to see a depleted SD team pull off the upset 2 weeks in a row.

Favre4ever
01-13-2008, 07:34 PM
NE get's to play a very wounded SD team. That would be something to see a depleted SD team pull off the upset 2 weeks in a row.

The giants are also depleted in the secondary. I hope that NE wins (as they should) because i want us to be the only team to beat them this season.

Sportsfan486
01-13-2008, 07:36 PM

No. The Patriots undefeated run will end at our hands in the Superbowl and Favre will retire having won his 2nd superbowl and ended the greatest single season in history.

Btw, we're going to smoke the Giants.

01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
I dont think it needs to be said but I assume Atari Bigby is gonna be a key factor on defense once again for the Pack next week to help stop a run game as physical as the Giants.

GB12
01-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I dont think it needs to be said but I assume Atari Bigby is gonna be a key factor on defense once again for the Pack next week to help stop a run game as physical as the Giants.
Not really. Our front 7 is plenty capable of stopping the run without extra help. Bigby's just an added bonus that can fly up from his safety position. Definitely wouldn't call him a key factor.

princefielder28
01-13-2008, 07:47 PM
According to NOAA, a high of 7 next Sunday.

Plus, what will be the health of Burress and Ross???

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Getting really excited for this. Going to be a great game.

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Not really. Our front 7 is plenty capable of stopping the run without extra help. Bigby's just an added bonus that can fly up from his safety position. Definitely wouldn't call him a key factor.
He sure was a key factor agianst the Sea hawks....

GB12
01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
He sure was a key factor agianst the Sea hawks....
He played very well, but he's not a key factor to our run defense.

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM

Don't forget he could also become a key factor if he manages to revert back to his old ways.

princefielder28
01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Don't forget he could also become a key factor if he manages to revert back to his old ways.

Let's keep the positive vibes going

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Let's keep the positive vibes going

Sorry, I'm a pessimist.

GB12
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
In pass defense yes, but the original statement was that he'd be key to our run defense.

BaLLiN
01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
madison should be back by then, Burress will most likely play, we'll have Kevin Dockery (CB) back, and maybe ross

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
In pass defense yes, but the original statement was that he'd be key to our run defense.

Oh ok, I missed that part.

Whistler6
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/extended/USWI0288?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=extendedforecast&cm_ven=Yahoo&cm_cat=www.yahoo.com&cm_pla=forecastpage&cm_ite=CityPage

This has been mentioned before... but OUCH - gonna be freezing

GB12
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Guys that didn't play that week2 but will play this week:

Greg Jennings
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jacobs

Guys that played week 2 but won't play next week:

Jeremy Shockey
Johnny Jolly
Colin Cole

I think that definitely is in our favor.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
It's going to be a good game. I hope we can heal up and play. I am just happy Dallas got knocked out and we had the honors, after them beating us twice this year.

Stash
01-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm rooting for you guys to go all the way. It would be a great way for Favre to end a great career. Good luck next week against da GMEN.

Football Fan
01-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Packer are favored by 7, 42.5 is the over/under.
Im pretty surprized the pack isnt favored by more.

wiscbadgerfootball
01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
whooo go pack.. I'm so psyched

scottyboy
01-13-2008, 09:36 PM

Greg Jennings
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jacobs

Jeremy Shockey
Johnny Jolly
Colin Cole

Ross didn't start and barely played at all week 2. Also, Osi was at about 70% that game. and Strahan was rusty not being at training camp. The Giants are a MUCH different team now.

that being said, Grant has revitilized your offense. Last time I mouthed off leasing up to this game, and ate it big time. I'm nervous and scared for this game, the exact opposite as I was for todays game. Should be a battle, but both teams have changed for the better since week 2.

Boston
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
The only way I can realistically see the Giants winning this game would be if the Packers were to get caught up in themselves, which I don't see happening with McCarthy.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-13-2008, 10:23 PM
The only way I can realistically see the Giants winning this game would be if the Packers were to get caught up in themselves, which I don't see happening with McCarthy.

Eh, we heard that this past game all week. Big sports radio show, mike and the mad dog saying we need to keep dallas under 30 points to have a shot, and thats very unlikely. No one gave a us a shot this week, so at this point we have to assume the same. Just keep working hard and come with a good gameplan and try to win.

jballa838
01-13-2008, 10:30 PM
good luck Green Bay.

Sportsfan486
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Eh, we heard that this past game all week. Big sports radio show, mike and the mad dog saying we need to keep dallas under 30 points to have a shot, and thats very unlikely. No one gave a us a shot this week, so at this point we have to assume the same. Just keep working hard and come with a good gameplan and try to win.

Dallas has been struggling for a while. Most of the media I heard actually had picked the Giants to win or at least play a really close one.

The Packers, unfortunately for the Giants, have NOT been struggling as of late but rather steamrolling teams.

And honestly.. Eli Manning in the freezing cold in Lambeau for the NFC Championship game against a vicious, unrelenting D? 'cuz you're not going to run on us when your best receiving threat is a 33 year old Amani Toomer. Plaxico is completely gimp, I can't believe they actually had him starting against Dallas.. and it's not an injury that's going to heal magically during the playoffs. Our two corners are going to beat the heck out of those two while Bigby runs around smacking people, our DLine clamps down and our unheralded yet terrific linebacking corp. keeps your TE and running backs plastered to the turf.

Combine that with an offense that is going to put points on you guys.. gunna be an ugly game.

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Dallas has been struggling for a while. Most of the media I heard actually had picked the Giants to win or at least play a really close one.

The Packers, unfortunately for the Giants, have NOT been struggling as of late but rather steamrolling teams.

And honestly.. Eli Manning in the freezing cold in Lambeau for the NFC Championship game against a vicious, unrelenting D? 'cuz you're not going to run on us when your best receiving threat is a 33 year old Amani Toomer. Plaxico is completely gimp, I can't believe they actually had him starting against Dallas.. and it's not an injury that's going to heal magically during the playoffs. Our two corners are going to beat the heck out of those two while Bigby runs around smacking people, our DLine clamps down and our unheralded yet terrific linebacking corp. keeps your TE and running backs plastered to the turf.

Combine that with an offense that is going to put points on you guys.. gunna be an ugly game.

Lets not dig ourselves too big of a hole in this one. Yes, we are favored in this game and I like our chances but anything can happen on any given Sunday.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM

We will see. That's why we play the game. If it went by paper we would have lost to the bucs, and their so amazing defense which was touted better than ours. No more Kiwi to high/low, so it will be interesting to see what happens, and I will takt Toomer any day. The is a warrior and actually one vet who isn't a prick like Tiki was/is. But at this point being an underdog is no big deal. So you're another person who thinks this will be an ugly game. Ah well means nothing at this point, because I'd rather not be favored. Something about being counted out is actually.... fun.

Gribble
01-13-2008, 11:18 PM

Greg Jennings
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jacobs

Jeremy Shockey
Johnny Jolly
Colin Cole

Did Bradshaw play in week 2?

NY+Giants=NYG
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM

I don't remember him playing. He was a still learning being a rookie and all. But I could be wrong. He started to get reps in the Bills game before we played the Pats. And had his break out game there.

PackerLegend
01-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I cant wait for this game any longer!!!!!!! ah crap its still about 6 1/2 days away. Im gonna go nuts.

johbur
01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Giants have the league's best pass rush, so it will be yet another challenge for the Packers line, which pwned Seattle. Brandon Jacobs is so different from other Rbs with his combination of size and speed. I am a huge Ryan Grant fan, but he was the 4th RB in the rotation coming out of TC for the Giants, which means they have three really good RBs. The Giants started building momentum in their loss to the Patriots and it is carrying on through the playoffs.

The Packers defense has been solid and physical. The WRs are very good as a group and get a lot of yards after the catch. The offensive line dominated a very good Seattle defense that

I believe the keys will be the weather, and the worse it is, the better for the Packers, and the QB play. Manning can have terrible games and Favre can have terrible games, and if one has a terrible game and the other doesn't, the other team wins. If they both play well, the Packers are at home and have shown through the season they are solid at home, and I believe the Packers have the edge.

princefielder28
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM

Derrick Ward

JF4
01-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Giants have the league's best pass rush, so it will be yet another challenge for the Packers line, which pwned Seattle. Brandon Jacobs is so different from other Rbs with his combination of size and speed. I am a huge Ryan Grant fan, but he was the 4th RB in the rotation coming out of TC for the Giants, which means they have three really good RBs. The Giants started building momentum in their loss to the Patriots and it is carrying on through the playoffs.

The Packers defense has been solid and physical. The WRs are very good as a group and get a lot of yards after the catch. The offensive line dominated a very good Seattle defense that

I believe the keys will be the weather, and the worse it is, the better for the Packers, and the QB play. Manning can have terrible games and Favre can have terrible games, and if one has a terrible game and the other doesn't, the other team wins. If they both play well, the Packers are at home and have shown through the season they are solid at home, and I believe the Packers have the edge.

You make a good point about Brandon Jacobs, he's a very physical runner and he wears out defensive lines. Mix in Ahmad Bradshaw and the Giants run game is very dynamic. With Colin Cole and John Jolly both being out it will be alot tougher for our d-line to shut down the run the whole game. That being said our run stopping has been great all year and we've stopped better RB's than Jacobs and Bradshaw but those two seem to have really taking there games to another level since the Buffalo game right before christmas. If we are able to keep both RB's under a combined 120 yards i'd say it will be a success.

Empire
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Like others have said before, don't get too cocky about this game. The Giants are a dangerous team, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are able to beat us. Favre should have a good day against that secondary, but that pass rush scares me. If they can replicate what the Cowboys did, it could be a very very long day. This is a very hot Giants team with a ton of momentum.

PackerLegend
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Like others have said before, don't get too cocky about this game. The Giants are a dangerous team, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are able to beat us. Favre should have a good day against that secondary, but that pass rush scares me. If they can replicate what the Cowboys did, it could be a very very long day. This is a very hot Giants team with a ton of momentum.

And the Packers arent just as hot? What about that great pass rush of Seattle that got absolutly destroyed by us??

Favre4ever
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM

The Giants are just loaded with RB's its not even funny...when you think that in the begining of the year they had Jacobs, Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw and Grant! Thats not even fair. They cant be blamed for letting Grant go when you understand the situation.

If the Giants want to win this game, two things need to happen.
-They have to establish the run game
-They need to have constant pressure

if those 2 things dont happen it could be a blowout.

Twiddler
01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
The Giants are just loaded with RB's its not even funny...when you think that in the begining of the year they had Jacobs, Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw and Grant! Thats not even fair. They cant be blamed for letting Grant go when you understand the situation.

If the Giants want to win this game, two things need to happen.
-They have to establish the run game
-They need to have constant pressure

if those 2 things dont happen it could be a blowout.

Exactly, those are the two things that will make this a close game if they play well.

Whistler6
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
I'll take the home team in the below 0 weather 9/10 ... The Giants had a great season and it was a good story, but you can't beat what's been happening with the Pack. Go Pack 21-10

roidrunner
01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
i like what wilbon said on PTI that we (the packers) reminded him of the 83 NC state team that knocked off the Phi Slamma Jamma of Houston (the Patriots) in the NCAA tournament

Nitschke-Hawk
01-14-2008, 11:34 PM
i like what wilbon said on PTI that we (the packers) reminded him of the 83 NC state team that knocked off the Phi Slamma Jamma of Houston (the Patriots) in the NCAA tournament

Haha awesome.

drowe
01-15-2008, 09:26 AM
some very random thoughts on this weeks game.

-the phrase "be careful what you wish for" rang through my head a lot after the Giants pulled it off on sunday night. We want the game at Lambeau and we want to bypass the #1 seed. But, now the pressure is on. If we made it this far and lost to Dallas it's an honorable way to end a good season. If we make it this far and lose to the #5 seed at home, the perception will be that the Packers blew it. It may not be fair...this is the team that just beat Tampa and Dallas on the road...but the point is, the pressure is on. big time.

-and the Giants are what they are. a wild card team...a team with some very strong points like their pass rush, and some very weak points like their pass coverage, and some points that can go either way, like their QB play. it comes down to coaching here. If the Pack can exploit their weakness and work around their strong points, it should be a good day. It boils down to the Packers being a much more complete team than the Giants. The coaching staff has a built in advantage in preparing for the game.

-the weather does worry me. I keep thinking back to that Bears game and I'm wondering if every player on the roster is also thinking about the last time they had to play in extreme cold. The wind may have been more of an issue than anything that day, but still. I think extreme weather always favors the underdog because it's an equalizer. any game plan you had and everything that got ya this far is out the window if you can't throw the ball or plant your feet. it levels the playing field and when the Packers are favored, you don't want the playing field leveled.

-but more than anything this game comes down to the Packers just doing what got 'em here. such as:
---neutralize the pass rush. Clifton and Tauscher did amazing taking the Seahawks' edge rushers out of the game, and they've really been doing it all year. now they'll have another huge task with Osi, Tuck and Strahan. If they can treat them the same way they treated Patrick Kerney, the Giants strongest asset will have been eliminated.
---keep being physical on defense. We're playing a team that just finished a close loss against new england to end the regular season followed by 2 emotional road wins. This team has been to hell and back in the last month, and they've come out on top...but the Packers got to finish with a game that didn't matter, a bye week and a playoff game that was essentially over a little after halftime. the last thing the Giants need is another hard-hitting, physical game and the more our guys can wear 'em down the more it favors the Pack.
---smart QB play. the Giants secondary is a liability for 'em and it may be even worse due to injuries. Favre needs to realize that he will get his spots against 'em. there is no need to force anything. We have a good ensamble cast of WRs that match up well against a banged up secondary that's mediocre at best when healthy. There is no shame in punting if it's not there and there is no need to force it.
----I feel i should also say something about running the ball, but at this point it seems to obvious to even bring up.

final thoughts-I'm beyond excited for this game and i can't even explain how badly i want the Packers to be in the Superbowl. I don't know how many people remember 1996 but I was 16 and i made a point of soaking it all it. some of these players are guys that only us die hard Packer fans knew of 6 months ago. and if they win on Sunday, they'll all be the focal point of the sports world for 2 weeks.

i've refrained from making positive predictions all year long.....and it's been working for me (yeah, sometimes i can be a little superstitious) so i'm going to once again refrain from making a prediction.

Jughead10
01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
You make a good point about Brandon Jacobs, he's a very physical runner and he wears out defensive lines. Mix in Ahmad Bradshaw and the Giants run game is very dynamic. With Colin Cole and John Jolly both being out it will be alot tougher for our d-line to shut down the run the whole game. That being said our run stopping has been great all year and we've stopped better RB's than Jacobs and Bradshaw but those two seem to have really taking there games to another level since the Buffalo game right before christmas. If we are able to keep both RB's under a combined 120 yards i'd say it will be a success.

It's not about stopping RBs. It's about handling our O-line which is one of the best run blocking units in the league. It is no suprise that Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw have all had very good success when they played. If our line continues to get great push Jacbos doesn't get touched for 3 yards and then when he does he always falls foward and you have a 6 yard run.

JF4
01-15-2008, 10:00 AM
It's not about stopping RBs. It's about handling our O-line which is one of the best run blocking units in the league. It is no suprise that Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw have all had very good success when they played. If our line continues to get great push Jacbos doesn't get touched for 3 yards and then when he does he always falls foward and you have a 6 yard run.

I agree, I should've mentioned them also. A RB is nothing without an O-line. In the games I have watched of the Giants they have been dominating at the point of attack and they get usually get a geat push. Diehl is one guy on the line who is underated and a great run blocker. But like I said hopefully our ability to rotate on the d-line pays off and we can stay fresh and stop the run all 4 quarters.

I think the Giants should be equally as worried for our run game as we are for theirs. Last week the Packers put on a on run-blocking clinic against Seattle. They were pushing round all the lineman at will, getting to the second level and giving Grant the cutback to get into open field. If they can play half as good as they did against Seattle Grant will have a good game.

Random thought:
I noticed a few times last week when the Giants were playing the Cowboys that on supposed passing downs the Giants DE's rush up field hard most of the time. The Packers have been great this year of exploiting certain parts of a d-line. I hope they can work a draw in or just run to the outside when they think the Giants DE's are going to be coming hard on the outside.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
I agree, I should've mentioned them also. A RB is nothing without an O-line. In the games I have watched of the Giants they have been dominating at the point of attack and they get usually get a geat push. Diehl is one guy on the line who is underated and a great run blocker. But like I said hopefully our ability to rotate on the d-line pays off and we can stay fresh and stop the run all 4 quarters.

I think the Giants should be equally as worried for our run game as we are for theirs. Last week the Packers put on a on run-blocking clinic against Seattle. They were pushing round all the lineman at will, getting to the second level and giving Grant the cutback to get into open field. If they can play half as good as they did against Seattle Grant will have a good game.

Random thought:
I noticed a few times last week when the Giants were playing the Cowboys that on supposed passing downs the Giants DE's rush up field hard most of the time. The Packers have been great this year of exploiting certain parts of a d-line. I hope they can work a draw in or just run to the outside when they think the Giants DE's are going to be coming hard on the outside.

Only thing I take solice in, is the fact we know Grant very well. We scouted him, signed him, and he was with us for a while. So we know his strengths and weaknesses. So it will be interesting to see this game because these two teams are totally different than week 2 when we played last.

Jughead10
01-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Only thing I take solice in, is the fact we know Grant very well. We scouted him, signed him, and he was with us for a while. So we know his strengths and weaknesses. So it will be interesting to see this game because these two teams are totally different than week 2 when we played last.

This is true. Grant was with us for three training camps. And one full season on the practice squad.

Favre4ever
01-15-2008, 10:21 AM
This is true. Grant was with us for three training camps. And one full season on the practice squad.

The Grant you will see is not the same Grant he was during his time in N.Y.

someone447
01-15-2008, 10:26 AM

By now, any team that plays the Packers know Grant like the back of their hand. You watch SO much film in the week leading up to the game you learn everyones tendencies.

Grant is the same player he was with NY. He is the ideal RB for a ZBS. He makes one cut and goes upfield.

Jughead10
01-15-2008, 10:27 AM
The Grant you will see is not the same Grant he was during his time in N.Y.

We saw it. We saw it this preseason. Coaches said they saw it earlier. It was just a numbers game. Coaches just liked Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Ward better.

someone447
01-15-2008, 10:54 AM
We saw it. We saw it this preseason. Coaches said they saw it earlier. It was just a numbers game. Coaches just liked Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Ward better.

They obviously didn't see it. He is a better running back than all those guys(Jacobs and Grant are pretty close, it could go either way.)

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 10:58 AM
By now, any team that plays the Packers know Grant like the back of their hand. You watch SO much film in the week leading up to the game you learn everyones tendencies.

Grant is the same player he was with NY. He is the ideal RB for a ZBS. He makes one cut and goes upfield.

Yeah well that's true for football in general. But I am guessing he was our scout team player who the first D went up against when we would play teams with shifty backs. So in those terms I was talking about.

Jughead10
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
They obviously didn't see it. He is a better running back than all those guys(Jacobs and Grant are pretty close, it could go either way.)

I wouldn't say he is better than any of those guys except maybe Ward only because of injuries with him. He probably fits your scheme better than any of them, but that doesn't mean he is neccesarily better.

I wish we had room for him. He was someone I wanted to keep but there just wasn't room and I was happy to get a 6th round pick for a guy who was getting cut anyway. He was really only competing with Bradshaw, and at the time Bradsahw offered more on special teams.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 11:26 AM

We did see it but we are not going to keep Jacobs, Bradshaw, Droughns, Ward AND Grant.. So we traded Grant. Now with Reese as our new GM, I am sure we can find someone else. Runnings backs are a dime a dozen. I am glad he fits your system, but it was a numbers game and he got traded.

JF4
01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Some players are just suited for certain systems. Brandon Jacobs probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in Green Bay while Ryan Grant probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in NY. That's just the way the NFL works.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Some players are just suited for certain systems. Brandon Jacobs probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in Green Bay while Ryan Grant probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in NY. That's just the way the NFL works.

Yeah we can't run zone with Jacobs. We run power and center as our bread and butter plays. Running zone with Jacobs won't work, but works very well with Bradshaw. Bradshaw, Ward, and Grant all have similar styles, so we kept 2, of those, Ward, and Bradshaw, and have another power back in Droughns. We obviously liked Grant because we kept him so long, but it was a business move due to how many backs we had.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
most ZBS style running backs need to be able to do the cutback. thats why Grant has done so well, and the rest of ours have not. but do i have to say, Jacobs is a man child. that guy is huge.

DiG
01-15-2008, 01:05 PM
i just wanted to stop by and wish you guys some luck! ive been rooting for you guys all year. theres nothing id love more than for favre to win super bowl mvp and ride off into the sunset.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 01:11 PM
most ZBS style running backs need to be able to do the cutback. thats why Grant has done so well, and the rest of ours have not. but do i have to say, Jacobs is a man child. that guy is huge.

Yeah well we saw potential in him. He did avg well in terms of yards per carry when he got reps behind Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown at Auburn. Then he transfered, and got lost in main stream college football. But at 6-4 265, he is a very big load. That's why we don't run zone with him.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 01:14 PM
he went to SIU. the funny thing is he is so fast for his size. only if he could stay healthy. i believe that he is the real reason why we have to fear the Gmen. because when we played you guys, he was hurt. and now your defense is clicking. i am starting to believe that this team will not be the cake walk we all thought it was going to be. we have a real reason to be scared.

RockJock07
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM

I don't really think that means anything, because now a days, everyone scouts everyone and for a RB it more depends on his O-line.

I also don't want this team to get cocky, They still have one more game to go but as many have already stated, this team rarely gets full of themselves with McCarthy at the helm. McCarthy devised an amazing gameplan for the SEA game I expect him to come through again.

Yes Eli has been great, but this will be something he hasn't seen before, cold, it will be dark, truely an enviroment that will be more hostle then this past week at Dallas.

I don't know what to expect, i didn't think GB would own the Seahawks like they did, i expect a win, but it's not gonna be a cake walk.

BTW, Replay of GB Vs Den superbowl on NFL network on right now

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM
what burb are you from? im in the northern burbs

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't really think that means anything, because now a days, everyone scouts everyone and for a RB it more depends on his O-line.

I also don't want this team to get cocky, They still have one more game to go but as many have already stated, this team rarely gets full of themselves with McCarthy at the helm. McCarthy devised an amazing gameplan for the SEA game I expect him to come through again.

Yes Eli has been great, but this will be something he hasn't seen before, cold, it will be dark, truely an enviroment that will be more hostle then this past week at Dallas.

I don't know what to expect, i didn't think GB would own the Seahawks like they did, i expect a win, but it's not gonna be a cake walk.

BTW, Replay of GB Vs Den superbowl on NFL network on right now

Yeah don't have NFL network anymore. I think in a way it does matter, and I am speaking from experience, as a coach. You see someone running the scout team for a long time you get adjusted to their style of running. Yeah the system changes, as it did for Grant, but i am just saying we know Grant, which is good because if he wasn't a good player we would not have kept him so long. I know i created a cool pic of Grant on an xbox cover a while back when we signed him first time. I like him alot.

Eli's seen it all from going back to SD in a hostile crowd, to Eagles to skins, to Dallas, so at this point it's not a mystery. We just got to go and play hard and try our best. It's like we are U of Hawaii going into GB. But I do like the story line of two successful franchises playing. Something about that comforts me win or lose. I would rather see a franchise like one of ours go to the superbowl than a newbie team who hasn't won a superbowl. But that's just my opinion.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
he went to SIU. the funny thing is he is so fast for his size. only if he could stay healthy. i believe that he is the real reason why we have to fear the Gmen. because when we played you guys, he was hurt. and now your defense is clicking. i am starting to believe that this team will not be the cake walk we all thought it was going to be. we have a real reason to be scared.

Yeah, he went to SIU and did well there. Yeah when you guys played us we were already hurting. We had alot of injuries from the cowboys game opening night. I have to give you guys the edge though, but who knows what will happpen on the field. If we went by paper we would have been knocked out by TB.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 01:50 PM
yea but thats why it is on paper. you guys are a really hot team right now. and that makes you dangerous.

someone447
01-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah, he went to SIU and did well there. Yeah when you guys played us we were already hurting. We had alot of injuries from the cowboys game opening night. I have to give you guys the edge though, but who knows what will happpen on the field. If we went by paper we would have been knocked out by TB.

I just don't see the Packers getting upset. Not while Favre is playing lights out like he has been since the Cowboy game(disregard the Bears game in 875785874548 mph winds.)

GB12
01-15-2008, 03:17 PM
And Mike Holmgren knows Brett Favre better than anyone...

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
he does have a good point there, Holmgren does know Favre about as well as anyone in the league.

jackalope
01-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not very worried about players getting overconfident. McCarthy has done a great job keeping them in check this season.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 10:08 PM
And Mike Holmgren knows Brett Favre better than anyone...

Yeah.... except he wasn't playing. Our defense which went against Grant is. I see you're point but different examples.

Favre4ever
01-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Yeah.... except he wasn't playing. Our defense which went against Grant is. I see you're point but different examples.

Its still doesnt matter, its not because you know a certain player that you will stop him. You may know how to do it but still you have to get it done.

Jughead10
01-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Thought I would share this with the Packers fans as neither team got much respect preseason. Another reason not to take everything that the "Football Outsiders" say so seriously. I'm kind of happy for these stupid stat guys did a terrible job with their predictions. I always say these guys try to predict football like some predict baseball and you just can't do it. Two totally different sports.

Anyway, saw this posted on another board. Only had people who picked GB and NYG. Although not sure how many other people they had doing these predictions because there are a decent amount here.

Team Most Likely To Fall Short Of Its PFP Projection (besides Tampa Bay)

Aaron Schatz: New York Giants. They start their year like this: at Dallas, home against Green Bay, at Washington, home against Philadelphia, and then “home” against the Jets. There’s a pretty good chance they come out of that 0-5 or 1-4, and if this team starts slow, they’re going full Kotite.

Ben Riley: Green Bay. The projection system must have access to some of da kine stuff, because there’s no way Green Bay is winning 9.5 games. Or 7.5 games.

Benjy Rose: New York Giants. So long, Tom… don’t let the entire state of New York hit you in the butt on the way out.

Bill Barnwell: New York Giants. When I think about this upcoming Giants season, my heart hurts in the way it does when you think of ex-girlfriends sleeping with new people. Many new people. At the same time. While she reassures them all how much better they are in bed than you. Oh, and she does this all in the next room over from you while you’re trying to sleep. And then makes the whole group breakfast afterwards, your favorite breakfast, too, and throws out the last helping as you go to grab some. It’s like that, except it’s going to happen for about 17 consecutive weekends. It astounds me that some people still think this team has a chance of being competitive in 2007.

Michael David Smith: Green Bay. I have a bad feeling that Brett Favre is going to be really bad this year.

Tim Gerheim: Green Bay. I don’t buy the defense being strong enough to carry this offense toward 10 wins. The running game , “led” by Vernand Morency, smacks of the 2005 Cardinals.

Vince Verhei: Green Bay. Do you realize that according to the projection system, the Packers are not only going to win the division, but get the number TWO seed, a first-round bye and a home playoff game? Yeah, none of that is happening.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Its still doesnt matter, its not because you know a certain player that you will stop him. You may know how to do it but still you have to get it done.

It is different knowing how to and then getting your team to stop someone is harder, than your whole team doing it against the guy for couple years. They all know him and his abilities vs a HC or personal of authority who knows it but now has to give that info to his players.

Whistler6
01-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I thought about making an entire thread for this, and I think it would have been worth it, but here's the picture either way..

http://drunkathlete.com/2006/12/27/eli-being-eli.aspx

Oh and make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom

If you don't laugh at this, there is something seriously wrong with you. The website has Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, and many other NFL guys. Ahhhh hahahah

Boston
01-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Vince Verhei: Green Bay. Do you realize that according to the projection system, the Packers are not only going to win the division, but get the number TWO seed, a first-round bye and a home playoff game? Yeah, none of that is happening.

God damn that projection system...it's TWO home playoff games...

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 04:05 PM
eli looks hammered in the pic. WTG Eli.

PackerLegend
01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
The Giants

There road record

Dal- lost
Was- win
Atl- win
Mia-win
Det-win
Chi-win
Phi- win
Buf- win

now there oppnents total record 56-72 but take away Dallas who they lost to and its 43-69.

There home record

Gb-lost
Phi-won
Nyj-won
Sf-won
Dal-lost
Min-lost
Was-lost
Ne-lost

now there oppents total record is 76-52 and take away NYJ and SF which are pretty much gimmies and the record is 67-29

Teams they beat

.500+ (1- Washington)
.500 (2- Eagles both tims)
.500 - (7- Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo, New York Jets, 49ers)

Teams they lost to

.500+ (5- Dallas (2), Green Bay, Washington, New England)
.500 (1- Minnesota)
.500-

wait are you serious? They Giants only beat 1 team .500+, 7 of there 10 wins came from teams below .500 and 4 of those teams only have a combined record of 14-50... ouch.

I hope i made my point clear. The record shows the Giants are 1-6 againist teams .500+

Jughead10
01-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Except you left out Tampa Bay and Dallas who we just beat these last two weeks.

scottyboy
01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
The Giants

There road record

Dal- lost
Was- win
Atl- win
Mia-win
Det-win
Chi-win
Phi- win
Buf- win

now there oppnents total record 56-72 but take away Dallas who they lost to and its 43-69.

There home record

Gb-lost
Phi-won
Nyj-won
Sf-won
Dal-lost
Min-lost
Was-lost
Ne-lost

now there oppents total record is 76-52 and take away NYJ and SF which are pretty much gimmies and the record is 67-29

Teams they beat

.500+ (1- Washington)
.500 (2- Eagles both tims)
.500 - (7- Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo, New York Jets, 49ers)

Teams they lost to

.500+ (5- Dallas (2), Green Bay, Washington, New England)
.500 (1- Minnesota)
.500-

wait are you serious? They Giants only beat 1 team .500+, 7 of there 10 wins came from teams below .500 and 4 of those teams only have a combined record of 14-50... ouch.

I hope i made my point clear. The record shows the Giants are 1-6 againist teams .500+

I hope you know you sound just like the Giants haters on tv the whole year that think we should really have won 5 games... You gonna bash the Giants for beating teams they beat? We should've lost to those sub 500 teams? Also, remember, Detriot was what, 6-2 at the time we beat them? The only teams we lost to and havent beaten are you and the vikings. I'll take our 2 regular season losses against Dallas if we beat them in the playoffs.

You made you're point. That you use numbers that have nothing to do with this gameor the playoffs to try and prove a point

neko4
01-17-2008, 04:31 PM
On offense, Strahan and Osi are attacking ends. So we attack them the say way we attaced Kerney and Tapp. Then when we throw the ball, spread em out like usual but leave Bubba in to block and help Tauscher/Clifton. Dink n dunk down the field all day!

On defense, stop the run, then blitz the poop out of Eli.

roidrunner
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
i could not agree more. we need to get in eli's head, make him make mistakes. then knock the living crud out of the WR too.

Whistler6
01-17-2008, 05:34 PM
MM needs, NEEDS to tell all the tough guys who don't want to wear sleeves to shut up and put on some warm clothes. Micheal Strahan already was on saying I'm not trying to look tough I'm trying to stay warm so I can kick their **** alll over the field.

I think we need to do everything possible to win this game and if it's going to be below 0, warmth is most important.

Or I'm just being stupid, haha Idk just some thoughts

GB12
01-17-2008, 06:54 PM
MM needs, NEEDS to tell all the tough guys who don't want to wear sleeves to shut up and put on some warm clothes. Micheal Strahan already was on saying I'm not trying to look tough I'm trying to stay warm so I can kick their **** alll over the field.

I think we need to do everything possible to win this game and if it's going to be below 0, warmth is most important.

Or I'm just being stupid, haha Idk just some thoughts
That was Jared Allen. I could care less what they want to wear. The technology they have on the sidelines will keep them plaenty warm. Just no electric pants.

TitleTown088
01-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Anyone see the Packers accusing "" dirty play" on the giants that ESPN? This is pissing me off, it makes the Packers look like pussies.

GB12
01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Anyone see the Packers accusing "" dirty play" on the giants that ESPN? This is pissing me off, it makes the Packers look like pussies.
Kampman definitely had a reason to be upset. That wasn't a clean play by O'Hara. I did like his response though.

Boston
01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Kampman definitely had a reason to be upset. That wasn't a clean play by O'Hara. I did like his response though.

Too bad O'Hara doesn't play right tackle. Kampman would destroy him.

“I’m not really sure off the top of my head what the reference is, but if there’s no flag, there is no foul,” O’Hara said.

When told Kampman said he received a blow to the head, O’Hara said: “He must have tripped.”

Twiddler
01-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Anyone catch Osi's comment about how they must really be a dirty team if Rodney Harrison was saying that they were playing dirty in their week 17 game? Now I know this is a Packers thread and I'm a Packers fan but go Osi.

Turtlepower
01-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Anyone catch Osi's comment about how they must really be a dirty team if Rodney Harrison was saying that they were playing dirty in their week 17 game? Now I know this is a Packers thread and I'm a Packers fan but go Osi.

One of my favorite quotes of the season so far.

johbur
01-18-2008, 02:12 AM

QFT. Rodney Harrison just needs to drink a cup of shut the hell up. He's been twice voted the dirtiest player in the league. Maybe he was upset because he finally started receiving some of that filthy play right back at him.

I hope someone takes a cheap shot early at Barnett. He goes crazy and it seems to fuel his play. When Brett was younger, I used to look for someone hitting him hard and then talking trash and gleefully watching as he posted 3 TDs after that.

The Legend
01-18-2008, 10:26 AM
anyone else want to see favre get a rushing td lol
also all this talk about dirty play is good, that way the refs will be loking for it so once it happens one time it will be over

drowe
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
anyone else want to see favre get a rushing td lol

nah, i don't want to be picky. as long as he throws 6 TD passes, kicks a field goal and hits for the cycle, i'll be happy.

TitleTown088
01-18-2008, 03:25 PM
This weather is starting to worry me. I really don't think a windy game will be good for the Packers offense. Right now the forcast says 20 MPH during the day and then it will die down to 4 MPH at night, I hope it calms down considerably at game time.

The Legend
01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
nah, i don't want to be picky. as long as he throws 6 TD passes, kicks a field goal and hits for the cycle, i'll be happy.

yeah i didnt want to be picky also i wanted to see him Hit Stick someone but i didnt say anything cause of not being picky

TitleTown088
01-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Uh,o. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAnVaGv9d2s You guys scared?

johbur
01-18-2008, 09:03 PM

Doesn't bother me at all. I'd like them to get it out there to the refs that these guys play dirty and so they get the personal fouls rather than the Packers.

scottyboy
01-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Doesn't bother me at all. I'd like them to get it out there to the refs that these guys play dirty and so they get the personal fouls rather than the Packers.

all it did was fire up the Giants. I've thought and thought about what possible good this could bring the Packers and the best I've gotten is, possibly the refs will focus on the Giants OL more? but i highly doubt it. we fuel off motivation
Bucs- We needed to win at least a playoff game
Cowboys- We hate them, they hate us, winning this game felt like a Super Bowl in it's own right
Pack- Calling us out as dirty players? I just don't get it. Yea, NJ is dirty, but we have diners!!!

TitleTown088
01-18-2008, 09:24 PM
. Yea, NJ is dirty, but we have diners!!!
Uh, what...?

GB12
01-18-2008, 09:26 PM
all it did was fire up the Giants. I've thought and thought about what possible good this could bring the Packers and the best I've gotten is, possibly the refs will focus on the Giants OL more? but i highly doubt it. we fuel off motivation
Bucs- We needed to win at least a playoff game
Cowboys- We hate them, they hate us, winning this game felt like a Super Bowl in it's own right
Pack- Calling us out as dirty players? I just don't get it. Yea, NJ is dirty, but we have diners!!!
If the Giants need something to fire up the player for a conference championship game that's something to be seriously concerned about.

scottyboy
01-18-2008, 09:48 PM
If the Giants need something to fire up the player for a conference championship game that's something to be seriously concerned about.

not just fire up, but add more fuel to the fire. Bulletin board material, which is something Kampman and Popinga just handed to us. Of course they're fired up, but you never wanna give the other team bulletin board stuff calling them dirty. That's just dumb

Boston
01-19-2008, 01:12 AM
not just fire up, but add more fuel to the fire. Bulletin board material, which is something Kampman and Popinga just handed to us. Of course they're fired up, but you never wanna give the other team bulletin board stuff calling them dirty. That's just dumb

Wow. I see your bulletin board material, and I raise you Shaun O'Hara...

“I’m not really sure off the top of my head what the reference is, but if there’s no flag, there is no foul,” O’Hara said.

When told Kampman said he received a blow to the head, O’Hara said: “He must have tripped.”

Like, OMG! bulletin board material.

If you need something like this to reassure you the Giants have a shot, that's bad.

Football Fan
01-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Im not sure if this is just wrong as a packer fan but, I kinda would prefer to see these 2 teams match up minus the weather element. I think green bays game is pretty strong and im kinda worried about the weather throwing a wrench into there system.
I mean zero degrees with some wind is just miserable and will certainly dictate the game plan quite a bit. I still think the pack will win, but the way they will have to do it might not allow there strengths to excell.
This is pound the football weather and its not that green bay cant run the ball well, but there passing game is among the elite teams this year.

Jughead10
01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Im not sure if this is just wrong as a packer fan but, I kinda would prefer to see these 2 teams match up minus the weather element. I think green bays game is pretty strong and im kinda worried about the weather throwing a wrench into there system.
I mean zero degrees with some wind is just miserable and will certainly dictate the game plan quite a bit. I still think the pack will win, but the way they will have to do it might not allow there strengths to excell.
This is pound the football weather and its not that green bay cant run the ball well, but there passing game is among the elite teams this year.

It certainly puts the teams on a more equal playing field. I see where you are coming from. Everyone says this helps Green Bay because they are used to the cold. But they aren't really used to cold like this. Neither team is. And if it forces both teams to run the ball more, that definitely helps the Giants.

Sportsfan486
01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
It certainly puts the teams on a more equal playing field. I see where you are coming from. Everyone says this helps Green Bay because they are used to the cold. But they aren't really used to cold like this. Neither team is. And if it forces both teams to run the ball more, that definitely helps the Giants.

You're forgetting that Brett Favre has dominated the cold weather games he's played in, especially at Lambeau. He's 43-5 at home when it's below 34 degrees. 43-5. .... I'm going to go ahead and say the cold favors a team who's QB is 43-5 in it.

Football Fan
01-19-2008, 10:36 AM
You're forgetting that Brett Favre has dominated the cold weather games he's played in, especially at Lambeau. He's 43-5 at home when it's below 34 degrees. 43-5. .... I'm going to go ahead and say the cold favors a team who's QB is 43-5 in it.I realise that the veterans should handle it well, its just that the roster has like 43 guys or so that have only been around a couple years. I do fully understand Favres record though and that is nothing to sneeze at.

Turtlepower
01-19-2008, 10:38 AM
You're forgetting that Brett Favre has dominated the cold weather games he's played in, especially at Lambeau. He's 43-5 at home when it's below 34 degrees. 43-5. .... I'm going to go ahead and say the cold favors a team who's QB is 43-5 in it.

There is a difference between 34 degrees and 0 degrees. No one can handle that weather well (or maybe someone will). =D

Jughead10
01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
There is a difference between 34 degrees and 0 degrees. No one can handle that weather well (or maybe someone will). =D

Exactly. 34 degrees is certainly managable. Can you tell me Brett Favre's record when it is below 5 degrees?

Boston
01-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Exactly. 34 degrees is certainly managable. Can you tell me Brett Favre's record when it is below 5 degrees?

Can you tell me Eli's record when it's below 34 degrees? Or if he's ever played in a game below 5 degrees?

princefielder28
01-19-2008, 12:26 PM

If it's not windy the temperature is really not that big of a factor......I stepped outside today in Green Bay and it was -13, but the wind wasn't blowing so it didn't feel unbearably cold out. The fact that Favre has played in this weather quite a bit more gives him an advantage over Eli

BerninWI
01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
In addition to the Pack being clearly the better team, I think this is a decent matchup for us.

The Pack can spread out the Giants and exploit their thin defensive backfield. However, I would keep Grant or Jackson in our backfield as a safety net, otherwise their rush might be a factor to some extent. It was in the last game in spite of the dominating final scoreline, although Favre has gotten more acclimated to releasing the ball quickly with the new spread offense. Plus, their front four is more adept at stopping the pass than the run, so Grant should have some big runs in the spread.

Defensively is always the biggest X-Factor with the Packers, because it affects which version of Brett Favre we see. Favre panics and thinks he has to score on every play when they set the tone by struggling early. I still think that's the case in spite of his response to our slow start last week--because that was more induced by the offense. Thankfully, the G-Men aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut (they're alright). Our defensive front four hypothetically couldn't rattle our own quarterback and aren't quite on the level of the Giants pass rushing wise, but our matchup is against Eli and their offensive front, not the Giants D. Eli is not as mobile as Favre and he should get rattled. I wish we still had Johnny, because he'd get some push into Manning's face. We're still solid there and throughout the D.

If Blackmon can return, it would be a shot in the arms to our special teams and defensive backfield.

1 more til the Super Bowl!

BerninWI
01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Duplicate message

johbur
01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I believe the Packers have the edge in at least 10 of 12 or so positions on the teams. It very well might come down to Favre versus Manning, and I'll take Favre any day, any year over Eli.

Vince Lombardi
01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Man I'm stoked! Let's go Pack!!!!

Whistler6
01-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Last night was my Christmas Eve.. Couldn't sleep because I've been so excited (somewhat nervvous) for the next day. GAME DAY is my Christmas now, so here it is. Let's go Green Bay

Whistler6
01-20-2008, 01:05 PM
That was Jared Allen. I could care less what they want to wear. The technology they have on the sidelines will keep them plaenty warm. Just no electric pants.

Naaa actually Strahan was on TV saying it as well

TitleTown088
01-20-2008, 01:11 PM
"Our Favre,

Who art in Lambeau,

Hallowed be thine arm.

Thy bowl will come,

It will be won.

In Phoenix as it is in Lambeau.

And give us this Sunday,

Our weekly win.

And give us many touchdown passes.

But do not let others pass against us.

Lead us not into frustration,

But deliver us to the valley of the sun.

For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC,

and the glory of the Cheeseheads,

now and forever.

Go get'em. Amen."

GB12
01-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Naaa actually Strahan was on TV saying it as well
Strahan said something similar on TV today, but that quote you posted was said by Jared Allen though. ;)

drowe
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah, i've been outside today. it's not as bad as yesterday...still cold. but the wind shouldn't be an issue, it's pretty calm out.

and fyi, i'm about 2 miles from Lambeau Field.

TitleTown088
01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, negatives really aren't too bad without the wind.But you gotta remember guys on the packers squad like Tramon Williams who are used to Louisiana weather.

Whistler6
01-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Strahan said something similar on TV today, but that quote you posted was said by Jared Allen though. ;)

Strahan said it a few days ago and I wasn't quoting in what I said. But I must have mixed them up either way. Atleast I knew what I was talking about right? jk

Stufazz
01-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Whats the best local packers radio show that i can listen to from the internet without having to pay a subscription?

TitleTown088
01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Favre is wearing a glove??????????????? What?

GB12
01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Whats the best local packers radio show that i can listen to from the internet without having to pay a subscription?
They aren't allowed to stream this game.

wiscbadgerfootball
01-20-2008, 05:29 PM
WHOOOOOO let's go Packers! Sooo pumped for this game, will be watching intently so this is my last post until halftime when I'll give my thoughts.

Sportsfan486
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm so scared. SO FRIGGIN' SCARED.

PLEASE DON'T LOSE!

Sportsfan486
01-20-2008, 06:39 PM
90 Yards! Ooo.

Sportsfan486
01-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Bigby has really turned his game around.. he's looking like a star out there. His coverage is solid and he's laying major hits on people; you can see the receivers are getting timid with him looming nearby.

wiscbadgerfootball
01-20-2008, 07:12 PM
aye that was rough... we didn't play very well at the beginning. Couldn't really get the offense going.. looks very very cold there. We need to get the running game going a bit so we aren't so one dimensional. HUGE play by Driver to take that to the house and obviously gave us a large amount of momentum. The defense played poorly at first.. picked it up a bit near the end. Al Harris needs to take some ownership and shut down Plax. Those are my thoughts in a nutshell.... Finish it out Pack!

Sportsfan486
01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
aye that was rough... we didn't play very well at the beginning. Couldn't really get the offense going.. looks very very cold there. We need to get the running game going a bit so we aren't so one dimensional. HUGE play by Driver to take that to the house and obviously gave us a large amount of momentum. The defense played poorly at first.. picked it up a bit near the end. Al Harris needs to take some ownership and shut down Plax. Those are my thoughts in a nutshell.... Finish it out Pack!

Yeah, we need to do something about Plax.. he's playing like a man possessed and Harris isn't handling him, especially towards the end of the half.

The Legend
01-20-2008, 08:07 PM
what we need is a interception that could help alot but Manning doesnt make a lot of bad passes this post season

i was sacred of the Giants all week this is why

someone447
01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
what we need is a interception that could help alot but Manning doesnt make a lot of bad passes this post season

i was sacred of the Giants all week this is why

It is truly pathetic. This is the worst the Packers have played all season(the bears game not withstanding.)

The Legend
01-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Good Year Guys, Untill Next Year

someone447
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
42-17 Patriots

PackerLegend
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Hate me all you want but Favre looked like trash and I think its time to truely move on. He is a hero and a legend but he didnt look like he wanted it and sadly I think his time has passed.

someone447
01-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Hate me all you want but Favre looked like trash and I think its time to truely move on. He is a hero and a legend but he didnt look like he wanted it and sadly I think his time has passed.

Dude... It was one game. He had one of his best seasons this year. THE WIND CHILL WAS -25!!!

wiscbadgerfootball
01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
incredibly disappointing... seemed like the Giants had more passion and just wanted it more. the packers caught so many breaks and had so many opportunities but we made way too many stupid mistakes such as Favre forcing passes and not falling on the ball on McQuarters' 2nd fumble. All I can say is god dammit so angry right now.

PackerLegend
01-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Dude... It was one game. He had one of his best seasons this year. THE WIND CHILL WAS -25!!!

Dude on know but Im tired of making excuses because its Favre. Look at Manning he looked like a young Favre and had no trouble at all.

Brothgar

Plus 12 MPH winds you don't see those kinds of winds in Madden

jackalope
Terrible game. We killed ourselves with penalties and the offense couldn't move the ball.

It would suck if that was Favre's last pass.

PackerLegend
incredibly disappointing... seemed like the Giants had more passion and just wanted it more. the packers caught so many breaks and had so many opportunities but we made way too many stupid mistakes such as Favre forcing passes and not falling on the ball on McQuarters' 2nd fumble. All I can say is god dammit so angry right now.

100% agree and where the hell was Ryan Grant??????

EvilMonkey
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
tough loss but we got dominated in almost every aspect and probably shouldnt have even been in that game. No running game or any committment to it, very disapointting passing game and just terrible in ever aspect of defense. No consistent pass rush, not that great against the run, incredibly dissapointing game by the secondary. Coaching wasnt that great either imo.

someone447
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Why the hell did we only run the ball 13 times?

Twiddler
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
tough loss but we got dominated in almost every aspect and probably shouldnt have even been in that game. No running game or any committment to it, very disapointting passing game and just terrible in ever aspect of defense. No consistent pass rush, not that great against the run, incredibly dissapointing game by the secondary. Coaching wasnt that great either imo.

Exactly, we didn't exactly deserve to still be in overtime but thats football for you. Congrats to the Giants. I'm still pissed though that we flopped as bad as we did.

The Legend
01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Dude on know but Im tired of making excuses because its Favre. Look at Manning he looked like a young Favre and had no trouble at all.

did brady play good in that ravens game no because of the wind and the cold
and manning didnt look anything like favre the way he plays the game is way diffrent
also manning did have trouble
and tell me when did you have to make an excuses for favre?
hes been amazing all year

__________________________________________________ ____________-
to be honest i think the offensive plays calls were weak, one deep pass all games, 20 screens, only 10 runs, and not the way we usally play, no 5 WR fronts not even 4

johbur
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM

Right... Looked like trash when he threw the two TDs, or when his receivers dropped the ball or the HC called stupid plays throwing the ball in reverse and trying with screens that were lame all game...

Fair weather folk say stuff like that. Look at the run game between the two. Favre had NO run support. Manning's backs had around 130 yards or so and Bradshaw was enough of a presence to keep the pass rush from getting to Manning. The Giants stopped playing the run and were just going after the QB and locking down on the receivers. GB did not play their game, the Giants did. They deserved to win. Not sure how you pin this on Favre, unless you're a full-on moron, and fail to recognize the difference in TOP and disparity in first downs.

Why dodn't you pop last week's game in the VCR and cheer and talk about how wonderful Trash was playing when he threw 3 TDs when the run game was actually going...

GB12
01-20-2008, 09:34 PM
It was more the guys in your sig's fault than Favres.

Also What the hell was with the screen passes? It didn't work in the first 3 quarters so why did we still run them in the fourth

jackalope
01-20-2008, 09:37 PM

Also What the hell was with the screen passes? It didn't work in the first 3 quarters so why did we still run them in the fourth

Yeah, there was a lot of bad playcalling. We kept setting ourselves up with 3rd and 10.

I'm extremely depressed right now.

NickCollins36
01-20-2008, 09:40 PM

i agree 100 pct
our whole secondary couldnt cover **** today
and if we did there was a ******* pass interference call
im just beyond pissed atm
We had our chances though and didnt take advantage :(
gratz to the giants i guess...

Vince Lombardi
01-20-2008, 09:46 PM
wow....all I can say is we didn't deserve to win that game. We sucked in every facet of the game tonight. I'm extremely disappointed that we went out like that after how well we've played this year. Congrats to the Giants fans, you had the better team tonight. Good luck............ :(

ny10804
01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Al Harris played like ****.

Ryan Grant and the line played like ****.

Pretty much everyone except Driver played like ****.

The Legend
01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
wow....all I can say is we didn't deserve to win that game. We sucked in every facet of the game tonight. I'm extremely disappointed that we went out like that after how well we've played this year. Congrats to the Giants fans, you had the better team tonight. Good luck............ :(

the worst part about all that VL is that i agree 100% with everything you said

we didnt deserve it

PackerLegend
01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
We are all upset and going to say things we may not mean but we looked like trash almost everywhere. Lambeau has no adavantage anymore maybe we thought that just because we were playing there we had it in the bag. Playcalling was awful, awful, and more awful. Ryan Grant and O-line did they play today? Favre come on man... he doesnt have it anymore, maybe im upset and saying things i might not truely mean but I believe that when I wake up tomorrow, 2 weeks from now, 3 months from now it would be in the best interest Favre retires. We had a great season, Favre had a great season but what says we dont suck next year, most likely we should be good but what if we do bad, Favre could go out a winner now.

umphrey
01-20-2008, 10:07 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

Does Favre retire now?

I'm very glad I was pretty drunk by the 4th quarter...it hasn't sunk in yet.

GB12
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Al Harris played like ****.

Ryan Grant and the line played like ****.

Pretty much everyone except Driver played like ****.

Guys who showed up to play:
Donald Driver
Atari Bigby
Brady Poppinga
Mark Tauscher
Ryan Pickett
Corey Williams
Donald Lee
Scott Wells
Mason Crosby

Guys who didn't show up:
The other 36 players on the active roster

PackerLegend
01-20-2008, 10:12 PM
man this is crushing, hopefully TT will get us some good Free agent players we are so close we just needed a little more and some more experience.

Vince Lombardi
01-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Guys who showed up to play:
Donald Driver
Atari Bigby
Brady Poppinga
Mark Tauscher
Ryan Pickett
Corey Williams
Donald Lee
Scott Wells
Mason Crosby

Guys who didn't show up:
The other 36 players on the active roster

That looks about right..... :(

bearsfan_51
01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Chad Clifton had a good game other than a false start penalty.

That was a terribly coached game. Not to put it all on MM, as I agree they simply outmanned you, but it didn't seem like the Packers had a plan to win from the start. Very uninspiging.

I'd been saying for a while that the Giants run D was better than people thought.

NickCollins36
01-20-2008, 10:15 PM
yea, the one guy we have been bashing this whole year steps up
that hit on Plaxico was just sick(Bigby)
Plaxico>Harris period

The Legend
01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
We are all upset and going to say things we may not mean but we looked like trash almost everywhere. Lambeau has no adavantage anymore maybe we thought that just because we were playing there we had it in the bag. Playcalling was awful, awful, and more awful. Ryan Grant and O-line did they play today? Favre come on man... he doesnt have it anymore, maybe im upset and saying things i might not truely mean but I believe that when I wake up tomorrow, 2 weeks from now, 3 months from now it would be in the best interest Favre retires. We had a great season, Favre had a great season but what says we dont suck next year, most likely we should be good but what if we do bad, Favre could go out a winner now.
but what says favre doesnt come back next year have a better year
what say that rodgers doesnt come in and be a bust
when we have our team that weve been working for the past years why do you want to risk a chance to lose everything weve been working for
if he retire so be it, thank god for all hes done for us, but he right now is better then rodgers is right now, rodgers another year under favre may let him know what winning is and this maybe the last year we and get a ring for a lil bit

PackerLegend
01-20-2008, 10:22 PM
but what says favre doesnt come back next year have a better year
what say that rodgers doesnt come in and be a bust
when we have our team that weve been working for the past years why do you want to risk a chance to lose everything weve been working for
if he retire so be it, thank god for all hes done for us, but he right now is better then rodgers is right now, rodgers another year under favre may let him know what winning is and this maybe the last year we and get a ring for a lil bit

I will be happy either way if Favre retires or he doesnt. Everyone knew talk like this was bound to come up sometime and if we lost like we did we all knew it would be talked about right away. Your right, its just hard to have a season like we did and then lose. It sucks because football is so far away again.

Vince Lombardi
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM

You are definitely overreacting. Teams don't get better by subtracting Pro Bowlers. When the sting of this loss wears off I would hope you would be able to look back and see that Brett had a great year and is still one of the best QB's in the game. In fact, if Brady hadn't had such an insane year Brett very well could have had his 4th MVP.

umphrey
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
I think a lot of this goes on McCarthy. In the first Chicago game we played really conservative running the same middle screen all game long even though it didn't work. This game felt the same, we kept running the same WR screen (sometimes RB screen) for 1-2 yards and it didn't work, but we didn't change our gameplan at all.

We should have challenged them deep more and spread out their defense, but our offense was very simple. 3rd and 10, we throw a 5 yard pass. 3rd and 5, we throw a 3 yard pass.

Also Harris really killed us today. We obviously need to have some plan for mismatched receivers because Harris can't man up on a guy that is 4 inches taller and faster than him. All they have to do is throw a jump ball and it's 15 yards.

Grant and the running game were nonexistent...I think the Giants wanted to stop the run and we couldn't adapt. Our passing game was way too generic. Why did we throw to Robinson so much? Did Jennings even get a catch? We probably would have been better off throwing it up to Driver.

Losers of the day:
Mike McCarthy (Failure to adapt, playcalling was garbage)
Al Harris (Plaxico)
Aaron Kampman (pressure on Eli was key...)
Brett Favre (Don't like to say it, but he managed the game terribly)
Nick Barnett (got pushed around way too much)
Corey Williams (invisible unless he was making a mistake)
Interior OL (hands down lost the battle)

umphrey
01-20-2008, 10:37 PM
You are definitely overreacting. Teams don't get better by subtracting Pro Bowlers. When the sting of this loss wears off I would hope you would be able to look back and see that Brett had a great year and is still one of the best QB's in the game. In fact, if Brady hadn't had such an insane year Brett very well could have had his 4th MVP.

I don't know...Brett had a good year but recently he has absolutely choked in the playoffs time and time again.

PackerLegend
01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't know...Brett had a good year but recently he has absolutely choked in the playoffs time and time again.

Yes unforunatly that is true he hasnt been able to get it done in the playoffs and I dont understand it

princefielder28
01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Losers of the day:
Mike McCarthy (Failure to adapt, playcalling was garbage)
Al Harris (Plaxico)
Aaron Kampman (pressure on Eli was key...)
Brett Favre (Don't like to say it, but he managed the game terribly)
Nick Barnett (got pushed around way too much)
Corey Williams (invisible unless he was making a mistake)
Interior OL (hands down lost the battle)

Forgot Jarrett Bush

GB12
01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Forgot Jarrett Bush
For what?

princefielder28
01-20-2008, 10:44 PM
For what?

Fumble on the punt that he tried to pick up and return instead of falling on it

PackerLegend
01-20-2008, 10:44 PM
For what?

trying to pick up the ball on the fumble instead of just jumping on it.

GB12
01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh, right.

bearsfan_51
01-20-2008, 10:48 PM
I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but you're being too hard on Favre.

Yes he has a tendancy to make terrible decisions at the wrong moment. Yes he has been less than inspiring in the playoffs for the last few years.

Yes he probably has too much controll over the coaching staff, and that leads him sometimes to make decisions or do things on his own accord that he probably shouldn't.

That said, you probably aren't even in the playoffs this year without Favre. Grant is a better runningback because of Favre. Jennings is a better WR because of Favre. Hell, Jones and Lee probably don't even exist without Favre. The offensive line is better because Favre knows how to get rid of the ball. Your offense is Favre.

As long as you are a Superbowl contendor (and there's no reason to think that you won't have a shot next year) you should get on your lil' hands and knees and hope that he wants to come back next year and give it another try.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-20-2008, 10:49 PM
what the **** was that.

someone447
01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Chad Clifton had a good game other than a false start penalty.

That was a terribly coached game. Not to put it all on MM, as I agree they simply outmanned you, but it didn't seem like the Packers had a plan to win from the start. Very uninspiging.

I'd been saying for a while that the Giants run D was better than people thought.

The Packers didn't even try to run... They ran the ball 13 times.

someone447
01-20-2008, 11:14 PM

Yes he has a tendancy to make terrible decisions at the wrong moment. Yes he has been less than inspiring in the playoffs for the last few years.

Yes he probably has too much controll over the coaching staff, and that leads him sometimes to make decisions or do things on his own accord that he probably shouldn't.

That said, you probably aren't even in the playoffs this year without Favre. Grant is a better runningback because of Favre. Jennings is a better WR because of Favre. Hell, Jones and Lee probably don't even exist without Favre. The offensive line is better because Favre knows how to get rid of the ball. Your offense is Favre.

As long as you are a Superbowl contendor (and there's no reason to think that you won't have a shot next year) you should get on your lil' hands and knees and hope that he wants to come back next year and give it another try.

Ya, no kidding. I don't know why everyone is saying Favre had such a terrible game. Yes, the interceptions hurt. But on the bright side, they weren't typical Favre interceptions. They weren't really trying to force the ball. They were just bad passes, not bad decisions. The first one, the receiver was behind the guy, the second one driver had a couple of steps.

The Legend
01-20-2008, 11:16 PM

why does a bears fan have to be right on a day like this lol jk

i think we should have run the ball and the clock when we were winning 17-13

EvilMonkey
01-20-2008, 11:47 PM

yeah, Favre has been getting killed a little much. He wasnt out there just chucking the ball up all day. He tried to run the offense and didnt try to force that much. Not his fault the play-calling was terrible. He ran the plays that were called pretty good i guess. The first pic was pretty bad but the OT one was just a bad throw or little miscommunication between him and Driver.

rockio42
01-20-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm extremely depressed right now.[/QUOTE]

I know that feeling, I dont know how many curse words i screamed when tynes hit that god damn field goal, and it was bad and i really dont trink a game has ever influeced me like this one.

On the subject of Favre, the team is better off WITH him and i pray that he does not retire, because all the packers need is another year of expieriece for thier young players and a few free agents that can produce and the Packers can definetly be in the Super Bowl next year...all i have to say after that game is that I hope Favre doesnt retire and i hope the Giants destroy those damn Patriots

tjsunstein
01-21-2008, 05:59 AM
The loss stings, alot. I hope Favre comes back but if he doesnt then so be it. Hes been great for us and Im grateful for what hes done for the franchise but I would be really excited for Aaron Rodgers to step in because I do think he can take us to the playoffs and will be a solid QB in the NFL.

JF4
01-21-2008, 09:17 AM
I would personally like to congratulate the Giants. They deserved to win and in the end it happened. I have to admit, I was a non-believer of the Giants. I thought might win the first but they would lose to the Cowboys, especially because of their lingering injuries. But you know what, they are a different team than the team the Packers saw at the start of the year. They have brought their games to another level in the playoffs which is the only point of the season that matters. Eli thinks he's Peyton, Ahmad Bradshaw is an up and coming star, the O-Line is dominating, Burres is the definition of clutch and their defense has really been playing over their heads. Good luck to the Giants in the super bowl but I will be rooting for the Patriots.

That loss killed me as a Packer fan. Our inability to get into field goal range on 4 consecutive drives is just kills me. We couldn't do jack **** the last 10 minutes of the game.

I'm still going out with my head high though. We were expected to do nothing this year. We came into the year as an overacheiving young team who may battle for the last playoff spot and we came out a young team that could execute both offensively and defensively with a bright future. Things look good in Packer land these next couple years...

ny10804
01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
I hate to say it, but there were times last night where I thought Rodgers would've been better for us than Favre.

I'll be fine with whatever decision Favre makes this offseason.

Turtlepower
01-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I just wanted to say that that was a great game last night and I was sure that we were going to lose it in OT. I would love for the Packers and the Giants to play more games like that year in and year out. Plus, don't forget that you guys are the youngest team in the league. I still see a bright future for you guys in the coming years.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Good game guys. Sorry one team had to win this game.

ny10804
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm angry because the team that played last night was not the same team Packer fans have seen this year. It was not a good game. If we had won that game, I doubt many Giants fans would be telling us it was a good game, and there are lot of Packer fans here who would agree.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-21-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm angry because the team that played last night was not the same team Packer fans have seen this year. It was not a good game. If we had won that game, I doubt many Giants fans would be telling us it was a good game, and there are lot of Packer fans here who would agree.

I would have been pissed, but I would have been happy because this team fought and never gived up. Plus beating the Cowboys pretty much made this playoff amazing. I was confident we would make it a game, but I wasn't sure how Brett would play. If he took off, I thought we would lose.

drowe
01-21-2008, 11:24 AM
christ, when 51 is the voice of reason, we know we're in trouble :)

it was the coaches. the god damn screen and WR screens haven't been there all year, and one of was called every effing series. MM called a terrible game.

favre f'd up too. really. the interceptions were inexcusable. but, he also kept 'em in the game in the first half.

but, mostly the giants came to play. the secondary that was supposed to be a weakness was on our WRs like crazy. Eli played well too, but the thing that got me with the offense was the WRs that could make a catch in any situation. they took hits, they dragged toes in bounds. it was crazy.

my wife was at the game and said the giants fans were very classy. one sitting right by her was joking around the whole time and never even went nuts cheering when the situation called for it.

BUT, apparently, after the game, Steve Smith ran to the end zone, pointed to the packer fans and laughed, then proceeded to spit several times onto the field. you shouldn't have to guess what my thoughts are on this, but i just wanted to put it out there. and fyi, my wife watched this happen and said it was very clear what he was doing.

PackerLegend
01-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Guys get over it, I was mad, sad whatever but now Im over it. There is nothing I could have done and nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome of this game. When its all said an done there are going to be 31 upset teams and 4286546413 billion trillion million of there fans. Making it as far as we have is better then going 1-15. The thing is the father you make it the harder the losses become to take. Just look ahead to next year where the Packers will finish what they started.

EvilMonkey
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Guys get over it, I was mad, sad whatever but now Im over it. There is nothing I could have done and nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome of this game. When its all said an done there are going to be 31 upset teams and 4286546413 billion trillion million of there fans. Making it as far as we have is better then going 1-15. The thing is the father you make it the harder the losses become to take. Just look ahead to next year where the Packers will finish what they started.

yeah it sucks and i took my anger out on my liver last night, but i'm pretty much over it now and just trying to pay attention to the senior bowl stuff and look forward to another great offseason hopefully.

jackalope
01-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Guys get over it, I was mad, sad whatever but now Im over it. There is nothing I could have done and nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome of this game. When its all said an done there are going to be 31 upset teams and 4286546413 billion trillion million of there fans. Making it as far as we have is better then going 1-15. The thing is the father you make it the harder the losses become to take. Just look ahead to next year where the Packers will finish what they started.I'm not over it yet, this one hurts. I'm trying to avoid ESPN right now.

drowe
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM
yeah, i wouldn't say i'm over it. but i managed my expectations pretty well last week and didn't allow myself to think about the superbowl...so, i'm doing ok.

the one thing that would really help is getting to watch the Giants get absolutely steamrolled in 2 weeks. it'd be nice to know that even if we won, the patriots are all but unbeatable. so, yeah...i'm hoping for a lopsided new england win...and a career ending injury for steve smith.

jackalope
01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
yeah, i wouldn't say i'm over it. but i managed my expectations pretty well last week and didn't allow myself to think about the superbowl...so, i'm doing ok.

the one thing that would really help is getting to watch the Giants get absolutely steamrolled in 2 weeks. it'd be nice to know that even if we won, the patriots are all but unbeatable. so, yeah...i'm hoping for a lopsided new england win...and a career ending injury for steve smith.

I'll definitely be rooting for New York in the superbowl. I hate New England and don't want to see them go undefeated. Also, if New York wins, we look better.

drowe
01-21-2008, 02:01 PM
i don't care about how it looks that we lost to the giants. if the patriots roll over and die in the superbowl, it'll just be salt in the wound because it'll mean the packers really could've won.

i guess there is a silver lining either way though.

ny10804
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm completely with drowe.

Things would be easier if I had just been a Giant fan.

sweetness34
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
No. The Patriots undefeated run will end at our hands in the Superbowl and Favre will retire having won his 2nd superbowl and ended the greatest single season in history.

Btw, we're going to smoke the Giants.

Still waiting for this tool to show up after what he posted prior to this game...This is why you just keep your mouth shut. I had the Pack winning as well but overconfidence and stupidity like this is what makes me scratch my head.

I'm sure 99% of the Packer fans on here had them winning, but at least they kept things quiet. The Giants were playing good ball going into the playoffs, they knocked off two teams on the road, and you were their next victim. Not much you can do about a hot team. Green Bay wasn't playing that great going into the playoffs, despite blowing out Seattle I thought they had to step their game up.

And really, the Giants should've had this game in regulation if Tynes can make a FG, if Plaxico can catch a pass down to the 1 yard line, and if Eli's recievers could hang onto the ball. I don't know what lies ahead for you guys next year but if you want a SB run, Favre has to come back.

You have to say the Pack are the favorites in the North agian, then I'd go Minnesota, then Chicago, then Detroit.

We have too many question marks (again) going into next year for me to rank us #2. I think if we stay healthy we could do some things, but on the other hand if we don't address our OL and Secondary, things could be a lot of the same as this year. The division is up for grabs again as I wouldn't put money down on Green Bay to win it.

roughrider30
01-22-2008, 12:46 AM
yeah it sucks and i took my anger out on my liver last night, but i'm pretty much over it now and just trying to pay attention to the senior bowl stuff and look forward to another great offseason hopefully.

haha thats pretty much how i drowned my sorrows too. I've been avoiding ESPN as much as i could today. But life goes on and Ill get over it someday.... I hope

NY+Giants=NYG
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Still waiting for this tool to show up after what he posted prior to this game...This is why you just keep your mouth shut. I had the Pack winning as well but overconfidence and stupidity like this is what makes me scratch my head.

I'm sure 99% of the Packer fans on here had them winning, but at least they kept things quiet. The Giants were playing good ball going into the playoffs, they knocked off two teams on the road, and you were their next victim. Not much you can do about a hot team. Green Bay wasn't playing that great going into the playoffs, despite blowing out Seattle I thought they had to step their game up.

And really, the Giants should've had this game in regulation if Tynes can make a FG, if Plaxico can catch a pass down to the 1 yard line, and if Eli's recievers could hang onto the ball. I don't know what lies ahead for you guys next year but if you want a SB run, Favre has to come back.

You have to say the Pack are the favorites in the North agian, then I'd go Minnesota, then Chicago, then Detroit.

We have too many question marks (again) going into next year for me to rank us #2. I think if we stay healthy we could do some things, but on the other hand if we don't address our OL and Secondary, things could be a lot of the same as this year. The division is up for grabs again as I wouldn't put money down on Green Bay to win it.

Great Post. All the GB fans might have thought they would win, but kept it classy, but that fool went on basically saying we had no shot. I stayed calm and laughed as he posted, but thats why you keep your trap shut as a fan because any given sunday a team can beat another team. Miami got 1 win, and so you never know in this sport what team will win. But good post!

Favre4ever
01-22-2008, 01:54 PM

I so dont agree with what you said. The offense is not just favre and we've seen it when he got injured against Dallas, we saw the offense come to life under Rodgers. I think you give him too much credit and this is coming from one of his biggest fans. In this offense, there is so many playmakers, Favre doesnt need to try to win on his own. The playcalling lost the game period. Much like the Dallas game, Favre got impatient and tried to do too much. I also dont understand why we didnt play more zone against Eli. We made it too easy for him. Eli struggles when he has to think too much and with so much man to man, he didnt have to think at all.

However i have to hand it to the Giants, they deserved that game and it would have been highway robbery had we came out on top.

drowe
01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
i think ya have to look deeper than the stats on this one. the whole offense was flat. ryan grant couldn't do anything, but he didn't have much to work with. favre played like crap in the 2nd half, but the WRs weren't doing him any favors. yeah, we're supposed to have playmakers...but for the last 30 minutes of sunday's game, NONE of 'em showed up.

Favre4ever
01-22-2008, 03:19 PM
i think ya have to look deeper than the stats on this one. the whole offense was flat. ryan grant couldn't do anything, but he didn't have much to work with. favre played like crap in the 2nd half, but the WRs weren't doing him any favors. yeah, we're supposed to have playmakers...but for the last 30 minutes of sunday's game, NONE of 'em showed up.

They werent put in positions to make a play. In a 2nd half i didnt see the short passing Green Bay team, i kept seeing the good old Brett Favre trying to do too much. Where was the dink and dunk we talked about so much? Nowhere. Not even an attempt.

EvilMonkey
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
They werent put in positions to make a play. In a 2nd half i didnt see the short passing Green Bay team, i kept seeing the good old Brett Favre trying to do too much. Where was the dink and dunk we talked about so much? Nowhere. Not even an attempt.

well, we did try a bunch of little screens that didnt work at all....

johbur
01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
The HC did not have a good game. There was no commitment to the run game. The screens were not well drawn up, like the terrible one in which Grant runs ten yards behind the line of scrimmage to get the ball before moving forward. The one good screen to Grant was blown up my the Giants' MLB and poor screen blocking. That guy saved 25 yards minimum on that play. Terrible all the way around against a Giants club that was solid with their defense and methodical with their offense. I felt like I was watching Giants-Buffalo SuperBowl to some degree, though Buffalo played better than the Packers did that game.

johbur
01-22-2008, 07:47 PM

QFT.

Imagine what the Bears and Packers would be like if they switched QBs... ((shudder))

NY+Giants=NYG
01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
The HC did not have a good game. There was no commitment to the run game. The screens were not well drawn up, like the terrible one in which Grant runs ten yards behind the line of scrimmage to get the ball before moving forward. The one good screen to Grant was blown up my the Giants' MLB and poor screen blocking. That guy saved 25 yards minimum on that play. Terrible all the way around against a Giants club that was solid with their defense and methodical with their offense. I felt like I was watching Giants-Buffalo SuperBowl to some degree, though Buffalo played better than the Packers did that game.

Funny you say that. Coughlin was the WRs coach on that staff that year. That's pretty mcuh giants football, dominate TOP. In fact that's how we will probably approach this game as well. But Bill B, was our DC that year also, so thats going to be interesting. But yeah thats what I actually thought when i saw the TOP from this past game.