PDA

View Full Version : Mockin' the Casbah, Mock the Casbah

gdamac
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
OK, this is my first attempt on this site. Would love good feedback, I am sure some picks are bad. If I missed or miss prioritized your teams needs totally, let me know. If it's a bad system fit, let me know. This is a work in progress, I would like to play with it until after the combine then submit a final draft.

Note: Picks 3, 4, and 5. I flipped a coin, my brother called heads for the Raiders and they won, my brother then called heads for the Chiefs and they won.

2008 NFL Draft Round 1

1. Maimi Dolphins
Chris Long, DE University of Virginia Cavaliers

2. St. Louis Rams
Veron Gholston, DE The Ohio State University Buckeyes

3. Oakland Raiders
Glenn Dorsey, DT Louisianna State University Tigers

4. Kansas City Chiefs
Jake Long, OT University of Michigan Woloverines

5. Atlanta Falcons
Darren McFadden, RB University of Arkansas Razorbacks

6. New York Jets
James Laurinaitis, LB The Ohio State University Buckeyes

7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers)
Kenny Phillips, FS University of Miami Hurricanes

8. Baltimore Ravens
Mike Jenkins, CB University of South Florida Bulls

9. Cincinnati Bengals
Sedrick Ellis, DT University of Southern California Trojans

10. New Orleans Saints
Antoine Cason, CB University of Arizona Wildcats

11. Buffalo Bills
Malcolm Kelly, WR University of Oklahoma Sooners

12. Denver Broncos
Jonathan Stewart, RB University of Oregon

13. Carolina Panthers
Ryan Clady, OT Boise State University Broncos

14. Chicago Bears
Matt Ryan, QB Boston College Eagles

15. Detroit Lions
Dan Connor, LB Pennsylvenia State University Nittany Lions

16. Arizona Cardinals
Calais Campbell, DE University of Miami Hurricanes

17. Minnesota Vikings
Limas Sweed, WR University of Texas Long Horns

18. Houston Texans
Rashard Mendenhall, RB University of Illinois Fighting Illini

19. Philadelphia Eagles
DeSean Jackson WR, University of California at Berkley Bears

20p. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sam Baker, OT University of Southern California Trojans

21p. Washington Redskins
Derrick Harvey, DE University of Florida 'Gators

22. Dallas Cowboys
Felix Jones, RB University of Arkansas Razorbacks

23P. Seattle Seahawks
John Carlson, TE University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish

24P. Pittsburgh Steelers
Jeff Otah, OT University of Pittsburg Panthers

25P. Tennessee Titans
James Hardy, WR University of Indiana Hoosiers

26P. New York Giants
Keith Rivers, LB University of Southern California Trojans

27P. San Diego Chargers
Kentwan Balmer, DT University of North Carolina Tar Heels

28P. Jacksonville Jaguars
Reggie Smith, S/CB University of Oklahoma Sooners

29P. Green Bay Packers
Aqib Talib, CB University of Kansas Jay Hawks

30P. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts)
Tyson Jackson, DE Louisianna State University Tigers

31P. Dallas Cowboys
Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy University Trojans

32P. New England Patriots
Forfeit (Insert your favorite joke about why here)

2008 NFL Draft Round 2

33. Maimi Dolphins
Brian Brohm, QB University of Louisville Cardinals

34. St. Louis Rams
Michael Oher, OT University of Mississippi Rebels

35. Oakland Raiders
Adarius Bowman, WR Oklahoma State University Cowboys

36. Kansas City Chiefs
Tracy Porter, CB University of Indiana Hoosiers

37. Atlanta Falcons
Joe Flacco, QB University of Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

38. New York Jets
Frank Okam, DT University of Texas Long Horns

39. San Francisco 49ers
Adrian Arrington, WR University of Michigan Woloverines

40. Baltimore Ravens
Quentin Groves, DE Auburn University Tigers

41. Cincinnati Bengals
Lawrence Jackson, DE University of Southern California Trojans

42. New Orleans Saints
DeMario Pressley, DT North Carolina State University Wolfpack

43. Buffalo Bills
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Tennessee State University Tigers

44. Denver Broncos
Dre Moore, DT University of Maryland Terrapins

45. Carolina Panthers
Early Doucet, WR Louisianna State University Tigers

46. Chicago Bears
Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College Eagles

47. Detroit Lions
Cliff Avril, DE Purdue University Boilermakers

48. Arizona Cardinals
Ali Highsmith, LB Louisianna State University Tigers

49. Minnesota Vikings
Chris Ellis, DE Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Hokies

50. Atlanta Falcons (from Houston Texans)
Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt University Commodores

51. Philadelphia Eagles
Tom Zbikowski, S University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish

52. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Andre' Woodson, QB University of Kentucky Wildcats

53. Washington Redskins
Barry Richardson, OT Clemson University Tigers

54. Cleveland Browns
Pat Sims, DT Auburn University Tigers

55. Seattle Seahawks
Kevin Smith, RB University of Central Florida Knights

56. Pittsburgh Steelers
Duke Robinson, OG University of Oklahoma Sooners

57. Tennessee Titans
Martin Rucker, TE University of Missouri Tigers

58. New York Giants
Jamaal Charles, RB University of Texas Long Horns

59. Miami Dolphins (from San Diego Chargers)
Red Bryant, DT Texas A&M University Aggies

60. Jacksonville Jaguars
Mario Mannningham, WR University of Michigan Woloverines

61. Green Bay Packers
Tony Hills, OT University of Texas Long Horns

62. Indianapolis Colts
Zack Bowman - CB Nebraska

63. Dallas Cowboys
Earl Bennett, WR Vanderbilt University Commodores

64. New England Patriots
Shawn Crable, OLB University of Michigan Woloverines

Thanks

bored of education
01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Bowman won be taken in the 1st 2 rounds, I DONT THINK. But he could have a great combine and work his way up. Good draft for KC. I wouldn't mind going Jake Long, then Duke Robinson and then Charles Godfrey/Dejuan tribble/Lowery in the 3rd

princefielder28
01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Good GB picks

Sniper
01-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I really really really really don't like you.

Both Jackson and Zbikowski are highly overrated and Zbikowski won't even sniff the second round.

Instead of Jackson, I'd much prefer any of these guys..Sam Baker, Jeff Otah, James Hardy, Reggie Smith, Keith Rivers, Michael Oher and more

Instead of Zbikowski...Duke Robinson, Martin Rucker, Fred Davis

fenikz
01-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Average Cardinals draft at best, Campbell is solid value and I personally believe he will be a beast(check the sig) it's not a position of need for us and I think Harvey may be a better fit, so i'd give that pick a B

But the Ali Highsmith doesn't make much sense, he s a beast but he doesn't fit any of our needs, ideally he is a 4-3 LB our only need for LB is 3-4 pass rushing OLB as we have one of the best young cores in the entire league(Dansby, Hayes, Pace) I know 2 of them are Free Agents but Pace should be signed at sometime and if worst comes to worst with Dansby we have said he will be Franchised.

Our Biggest need in the draft is CB and with the depth at the position this year I would be fine waiting til' the 2nd to take one give us a guy like Chevis Jackson, Tracy Porter, Trae Williams or Charles Godfrey

gdamac
01-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Sniper, why did I know I would upset Philly fans :) thanks for the feedback. I disagree about Jackson being overrated, but I am from the Bay so... I think he suffered from injury a bit this year but will be a play maker, JMO. I will take your comments into consideration, but I will just say once you get to know me, you'll really hate me!

fenikz, Thanks for the feedback and the sig is sick.

princefielder28 & bored of education, thanks as well, good feed back.

jdb1972
01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Like the Panther pick.

Gay Ork Wang
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Bears pick 45 cause the bengals pick 47.

I like the Bears picks but id tend to pick Hardy with the 2nd rounder

SubNoize
01-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't like the Bowman pick at all, he's just not a top of the second round talent at this point, and I think Dre Moore would be a better pick, as it would shore up the inside of the line for a while, especially when you could have Moore, Dorsey, Warren and Kelly all at the DT spot, would look a lot better than what Oakland has now. Rounds 4-7 could spent on WR, OL, SLB and CB.

Young Legend
01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
love the raider picks..

iloxygenil
01-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I think if the Falcons are sitting in that position they'd trade up to land Brohm...it's only a little bit farther up so it wouldn't cost us too much to move up those 2 positions (since we'd actually have the 3rd pick of the 2nd round since we had the 5th of the 1st) instead of reaching for Flacco. I think if we couldn't make that move and Brohm went before us, I think Okam would be a better selection that Flacco that early in the 2nd...Gosder Cherilus would be better selection than Flacco as well...he'd be there with our 50th selection as well...

Seasonticketholder
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Horrible draft for Saints. I like Cason but believe his value is in the mid to late first/early second round due to concerns about his speed. Pressley is okay but does not excite me as a prospect.

KCJ58
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
im in love with your Mock Draft

KCJ58
01-14-2008, 12:53 PM
i was very suprised to see only 1 QB taken in the 1st round i could see that heppening but i think teams will trade back in the 1st round to take Brohm i don't think he slides all the way out of the 1st round also suprised that yo went Flacco over Woodson, whats up with that

gdamac
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't like the Bowman pick at all, he's just not a top of the second round talent at this point, and I think Dre Moore would be a better pick, as it would shore up the inside of the line for a while, especially when you could have Moore, Dorsey, Warren and Kelly all at the DT spot, would look a lot better than what Oakland has now. Rounds 4-7 could spent on WR, OL, SLB and CB.

As a Raider fan I disagree.

First off my personal philosophy would preclude me from spending two high picks on the same position when we have so many needs and so few picks. Also I don't know if relying on two rookies will fix the defensive line, JMO.

I think Bowman is a perfect fit. Right now the only strong point for the Raiders is the run game and Bowman is a beast of a blocker. That kind of attitude in a WR is hard to teach, I think it speaks volumes about the type of player he is. He is big and fast with good hands and he runs good routes.

gdamac
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
i was very suprised to see only 1 QB taken in the 1st round i could see that heppening but i think teams will trade back in the 1st round to take Brohm i don't think he slides all the way out of the 1st round also surprised that yo went Flacco over Woodson, whats up with that

You may be right, but I can barely get the picks close, let alone predict trades!

Flacco over Woodson, honestly I got from some ATL fans feedback to other mocks. He has some good buzz on some boards so I figured what the heck, also I felt Woodson might fit in TB better. But like you say, QBs probably won't slip as far as I have them.

SubNoize
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
As a Raider fan I disagree.

First off my personal philosophy would preclude me from spending two high picks on the same position when we have so many needs and so few picks. Also I don't know if relying on two rookies will fix the defensive line, JMO.

I think Bowman is a perfect fit. Right now the only strong point for the Raiders is the run game and Bowman is a beast of a blocker. That kind of attitude in a WR is hard to teach, I think it speaks volumes about the type of player he is. He is big and fast with good hands and he runs good routes.

So you want to draft a WR to improve the #6 run game in the league? How about drafting a WR that doesn't sound like a Mike Williams clone? I mean what Oakland doesn't need is a another WR with trouble getting seperated, they need someone who can stretch the field and get open quick and that's not Bowman. Now if they were wanting to employ an H-Back/TE project then he fits perfect. Also you preach him like a high character guy and I know it was long ago, but the pot possession has to come to mind at some point.

Oakland has virtually no depth on the D-Line and adding 1 elite prospect and another big plugger is certainly a step in the right direction to fixing the run defense, now if they were to come out of free agency with a DT then I say go WR, but def. not Bowman, if it's the 4th, Id pull the trigger based on what could be, but I'm not looking this guy's way top of round 2.

757Dawg
01-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Patrick Sims in the 2nd...

Where do I sign up?

Patriots16-0
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I like the Patriots draft. It's very nice. Chenquie.

gdamac
01-14-2008, 01:28 PM
So you want to draft a WR to improve the #6 run game in the league? How about drafting a WR that doesn't sound like a Mike Williams clone? I mean what Oakland doesn't need is a another WR with trouble getting seperated, they need someone who can stretch the field and get open quick and that's not Bowman. Now if they were wanting to employ an H-Back/TE project then he fits perfect. Also you preach him like a high character guy and I know it was long ago, but the pot possession has to come to mind at some point.

WR blocking down field = big gainers in the running and passing game. That was my point, not sure I would compare the guy to Mike Williams, if Mike Williams gave a d*** he would be pretty good if not great. I think Bowman gives a d***. I didn't talk about his character, I tried to imply I thought he was a hard worker (which is character, I know but TO is a hard worker, I wouldn't call him a character guy). Young people get caught with pot, it's something to question him about but it doesn't condemn him. Remember last year when Calvin Johnson admitted to smoking pot? It didn't hurt him, if Bowman is past that and can convince teams it shouldn't hurt him either. Also Kiffin indicated they weren't giving up on Higgins, so they may feel like they have a separation guy, but hey I wouldn't mind a faster guy either. Arrington comes to mind.

Oakland has virtually no depth on the D-Line and adding 1 elite prospect and another big plugger is certainly a step in the right direction to fixing the run defense, now if they were to come out of free agency with a DT then I say go WR, but def. not Bowman, if it's the 4th, Id pull the trigger based on what could be, but I'm not looking this guy's way top of round 2.

I agree, but the Raiders have 5 of the standard 7 picks and they lack depth and talent at many positions, that's all. If they trade down, I got no problem doubling up on DT. But until then I think it is important to fill other slots too. Maybe Bowman isn't the pick, I like him but hey, I would take a zone blocking OT here or a SLB if there was a good option. I would love a hard hitting SS here to be honest but thought they were mostly reaches at this point.

gdamac
01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I think if the Falcons are sitting in that position they'd trade up to land Brohm...it's only a little bit farther up so it wouldn't cost us too much to move up those 2 positions (since we'd actually have the 3rd pick of the 2nd round since we had the 5th of the 1st) instead of reaching for Flacco. I think if we couldn't make that move and Brohm went before us, I think Okam would be a better selection that Flacco that early in the 2nd...Gosder Cherilus would be better selection than Flacco as well...he'd be there with our 50th selection as well...

Thanks for the feedback, did want to try and predict any trades, but good to here TL might. Do you think they would trade the #5 and #50 pick to move up to #3 and take D-Mac? If they thought the Raiders might take him that is.

T-RICH49
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I like KC's picks addresses the two biggest needs on the team

tylerb929
01-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Don't like the Colts pick at all, CB isn't a need (particularly not that early for a cover-2 corner). I'd prefer a DE or TE, possibly an O-lineman but I don't think that will happen early (Colts never draft O line early).

OSUGiants17
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Great 1st round, Terrible 2nd(we already have Jacobs, Ward, Bradshaw, and, if we need him, Droughns)

hugegmenfan
01-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Great 1st round, Terrible 2nd(we already have Jacobs, Ward, Bradshaw, and, if we need him, Droughns)

yeah the 1st round pick, if rivers is there, which at this pt i doubt he will be, is a must. Then its absolutely necessary to address the secondary which is our most pressing issue BY FAR. HB in the 2nd round makes absolutely no sense.

DiG
01-14-2008, 03:31 PM
probably one of the worst redskins mocks ive seen. both rounds are awful. this would be 100 times better with otah in rd 1 and merling in rd 2. or a cb in rd 2.

Bills2083
01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd rather go with Ali Highsmith in Round 2.

Crazy_Chris
01-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Childress doesn't believe in taking WR's in round 1. Give the vikes Reggie Smith in rd1 and Earl Bennet in round 2.

gsorace
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Don't like this Jets mock at all.

The Jets don't need an inside linebacker period, let alone one who is bad at shedding blockers, I can't for the life of me figure out why I see so many mock drafts giving the Jets Laurinaitis, he has no place on their defense.

And Okam isn't a terrible pick, but I'd rather have Dre Moore, Quentin Groves, or Chris Williams.

gdamac
01-14-2008, 07:19 PM
probably one of the worst redskins mocks ive seen. both rounds are awful. this would be 100 times better with otah in rd 1 and merling in rd 2. or a cb in rd 2.

Well, at least it wasn't common! thanks for the suggestions.

Diehard
01-15-2008, 01:47 AM
I don't like Stewart at 12 for the Broncos. The value's not great and we already have some half-decent RBs. I'm sure Shanahan would like to have a workhorse back, but the team has more pressing issues to address.

Clady is a better option in pretty much every way.

OTOH, Dre Moore is a fine pick in round 2.

Caddy
01-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Average Buc picks.

Left tackle help would be nice however with a relatively strong few tiers of OT in the draft we could probably afford to draft a player who could play a bigger role in the short term. Woodson is a great value pick despite not being ideal for the WCO. It would be tough to pass him up there but the pick will most likely be used on draft day at a different position.

Ewing
01-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Perfect picks in those situations.

A Perfect Score
01-15-2008, 12:28 PM
if the ravens pulled off this draft, i would forever loze ozzie newsome. Well, i already do, but come on. My two favourite players in the draft? i wouldnt believe it even if i saw it.

Vikes99ej
01-15-2008, 09:21 PM
No Sweed in the first round. I'd like John Carlson in place of him.

Yung Flippa
01-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Awesome Ravens draft and good Texans pick

JCutlery
01-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Great Denver picks.

Don Killuminati
01-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Dorsey to Oakland: A trendy pick that just never gets boring. We should be so lucky.

I love Bowman's game. Sometimes his blocks border on aggravated assault, and that's a beautiful thing. Definitely a boost to any run game. That said, I dunno if I like him value-wise over the DL talent there. There's a couple of interesting RBs there as well.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Very good job on the Ravens part of this draft, I would love to see those 2 in black and purple next year.

asmitty45
01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
I love connor, but avril is a little high for me, id take duke robinson or tony hills

23_phins_84
01-17-2008, 06:34 PM
The Dolphins draft makes me puke