27 San Diego Chargers (11-5) - Curtis Lofton, ILB, Oklahoma*

28 Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5) - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy

29 Dallas Cowboys (13-3) - Pat Sims, NT, Auburn*

30 San Francisco (from IND (13-3)) Kentwan Balmer, DE, North Carolina

31 Green Bay Packers (13-3) - Shawn Crable, OLB/DE, Michigan

32 New England Patriots (16-0) - FORFEIT

Turtlepower
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Why the hell would we draft Dan Connor as an ILB when he have Pierce for another 3 years? Plus as is evident in the playoffs, CB is a bigger need for us, so McKelvin I believe makes more sense in that situation.

T-RICH49
01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
good KC pick

Matthew Jones
01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Nice Patriots pick! Not sure if the Jets would pass on him for Ellis though, his size is a bit of a factor, no?

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Why the hell would we draft Dan Connor as an ILB when he have Pierce for another 3 years? Plus as is evident in the playoffs, CB is a bigger need for us, so McKelvin I believe makes more sense in that situation.

It's suppossed to say OLB, I made a mistake. I almost gave them McKelvin there, but they already are paying first round money to Webster and Ross aren't they? I figure Connor at OLB, move Kiwanuka back to DE (if Strahan hangs it up), Pierce in the middle, and Wilkinson at the other OLB. Mitchell, Torbor, and DeOssie adding depth, and Connor as an insurance policy in the middle seems like that would make the front 7 as good as it gets in the NFL.

derza222
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Webster was a second I believe.

And do you really think Sed Ellis has the bulk to play NT in the 3-4? We've got Dewayne Robertson in there now at around 310 and he's still too light...granted it's also about leverage but I just think Ellis is a much better fit for the 4-3 than any spot in the 3-4 due to his lack of height (DE) and bulk (NT).

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Nice Patriots pick! Not sure if the Jets would pass on him for Ellis though, his size is a bit of a factor, no?

Yeah it is a little bit, but I think his style of play more than makes him a fit at NT. It's easy to get those big guys to add a few pounds. We're only talking 10-15 pounds. Most guys gain that after the age of 21 or 22 anyways. Very few DT's project perfectly to play NT. The Jets would probably have to flip a coin to make up their mind there.

gsorace
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Why would the Jets pass on the perfect 3-4 pass rushing outside linebacker for a guy who has no place on our defense?

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Why would the Jets pass on the perfect 3-4 pass rushing outside linebacker for a guy who has no place on our defense?

It would be a tough decision. How does he have no position? I feel he could play nose tackle and so do most people. He would have to gain a few pounds. I expect him to go to the combine weighing 315 or so. He could easily get up to 320-325. In round 2 Quentin Groves will be waiting.

bored of education
01-15-2008, 11:33 AM
HI Five for KC's pick

essential
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
The Bills will not take a WR at #11. The franchise has already stated that rookie WRs take a while to develop, we will get someone in FA, and if we draft one it'll be in later rounds. If Rivers is gone there, trade us down and give us Connor.

Giants Pride
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
I personally love the Connor pick for the Giants. He can play inside or outside, and unlike most Giants fans I don't know how much Pierce has left. He will be here next year, but after that Connor could be the MLB of the future. Plus if Mitchell doesn't resign he can play outside in the interim.

iloxygenil
01-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Jake Long for the Falcons > Matt Ryan please

NY+Giants=NYG
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM
It's suppossed to say OLB, I made a mistake. I almost gave them McKelvin there, but they already are paying first round money to Webster and Ross aren't they? I figure Connor at OLB, move Kiwanuka back to DE (if Strahan hangs it up), Pierce in the middle, and Wilkinson at the other OLB. Mitchell, Torbor, and DeOssie adding depth, and Connor as an insurance policy in the middle seems like that would make the front 7 as good as it gets in the NFL.

And what about Justin Tuck? We can still use Osi and Tuck as our bookends. DEs is a position we have alot of as of now, and Kiwi is an option to move back worst case.

kiranadwaney
01-15-2008, 12:03 PM
i dont think miami will take mcfadden at 1 because they have ronnie brown also i would hate it if the falcons took matt ryan. the OL is our biggest need and i think/hope we take jake long if he is still on the board

Jensen
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Give the Cardinals Mike Jenkins over Mendenhall. To add to that, I would rather have Clady, Campbell, Talib, and McKelvin over him.

princefielder28
01-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Crable......hmmmmm? Can I get an explanation to the pick? I'm assuming you have him playing SLB on 1st and 2nd and speed rusher on 3rd. Interesting choice

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 12:42 PM
i would rather have a CB in round 1 for the packers . give us Ike. i agree with PF. can we get a reason why Crable in round one?

regoob2
01-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Loving the Oher versatility he could start right away at RT, next year flip flop with Tait and take over at LT.

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 12:46 PM
And what about Justin Tuck? We can still use Osi and Tuck as our bookends. DEs is a position we have alot of as of now, and Kiwi is an option to move back worst case.

Why move Tuck from DT? He's played great there from what I've seen. Kiwanuka doesn't seem like a natural OLB but he does seem like a natural pass rusher.

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 12:50 PM
i dont think miami will take mcfadden at 1 because they have ronnie brown also i would hate it if the falcons took matt ryan. the OL is our biggest need and i think/hope we take jake long if he is still on the board

How is OL the biggest need? If you don't have a QB, who cares if the OL can pass block? Tackle is a deep position, QB isn't. I'm just trying to keep it real here. Arthur Blank came right out and said on national television the Falcons were taking a QB. He said it's just important to take the right one. Besides the depth at OT in the draft, there will be a few available through free agency.

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Crable......hmmmmm? Can I get an explanation to the pick? I'm assuming you have him playing SLB on 1st and 2nd and speed rusher on 3rd. Interesting choice

You got it. Based on my board the Packers don't have alot of good options there. They could take DeJuan Tribble or Chevis Jackson but based on popular opinion they would both be reaches. I also originally penciled in Eric Young there but I can't really say I'm totally sure what shape the Packers OL is in.

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Give the Cardinals Mike Jenkins over Mendenhall. To add to that, I would rather have Clady, Campbell, Talib, and McKelvin over him.

Why Campbell? He's not my idea of a 3-4 DE. I wouldn't give the Cardinals a RB if they had one that averaged over 4 yards a carry. James has one more season left in him IMO.

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Loving the Oher versatility he could start right away at RT, next year flip flop with Tait and take over at LT.

I think his value as a pulling guard is to great to waste his talent at OT. He might be what the Bears need to open up the running game.

etk
01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Interesting mock. Refreshing in some cases and disappointing in others. Decent Bucs pick considering who's available...hopefully we would trade down in that situation.

Crickett
01-15-2008, 01:34 PM
It would be a tough decision. How does he have no position? I feel he could play nose tackle and so do most people. He would have to gain a few pounds. I expect him to go to the combine weighing 315 or so. He could easily get up to 320-325. In round 2 Quentin Groves will be waiting.

Really? Most people? Like who? He's listed at 6'1, 285. So yeah, no position. At least not in the 3-4. Even if he does come in at 315..... that makes him 5 pounds larger than DeWayne Robertson. The Jets need a big OL occupying run stuffing Jamal Williams/Vince Wilfork/Casey Hampton like nose tackle to who can allow the linebackers to make plays. And no, thats not Sedrick Ellis.

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Really? Most people? Like who? He's listed at 6'1, 285. So yeah, no position. At least not in the 3-4. Even if he does come in at 315..... that makes him 5 pounds larger than DeWayne Robertson. The Jets need a big OL occupying run stuffing Jamal Williams/Vince Wilfork/Casey Hampton like nose tackle to who can allow the linebackers to make plays. And no, thats not Sedrick Ellis.

Ellis is listed at 305. When I say most people, I'm refering to draft scouts not message board posters.

fenikz
01-15-2008, 02:24 PM
no way to the Cardinals pass on Mike Jenkins, he is every scouts #1 CB coming into the draft and it's far in away our biggest need

Crickett
01-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Ellis is listed at 305. When I say most people, I'm refering to draft scouts not message board posters.

Really?
305?
Really?

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ellis_sedrick00.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/sedrickellis.html
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to footballsfuture, but they have him listed at 285 too. And they mention that he probably won't get any bigger at the pro level. But I don't know if I can mention that, so I'll put it in white text.
Really?

As for refering to draft scouts, really? Like who?

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Really?
305?
Really?

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ellis_sedrick00.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/sedrickellis.html
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to footballsfuture, but they have him listed at 285 too. And they mention that he probably won't get any bigger at the pro level. But I don't know if I can mention that, so I'll put it in white text.
Really?

As for refering to draft scouts, really? Like who?

Really...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11738&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d11738

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/players/19672/index.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15666

http://scoreboards.aol.com/football/ncaaf/player/34813/player.aspx

Mike Mayock seems to think he can play the nose.

The Dynasty
01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Woodson...Minnesota....I dont see Happening. Yeah, Tarvaris Had two bad ending games but he had good games this year where he did help the team by not causing problems. Childress Likes Tarvaris and We are gonna be with him next year.

Crickett
01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Really...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11738&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d11738

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/players/19672/index.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15666

http://scoreboards.aol.com/football/ncaaf/player/34813/player.aspx

Mike Mayock seems to think he can play the nose.

Well, you can go with those aaaand I'll go with this website, footballsfuture and USC's website (two of three of which I linked).

As for Mike Mayock, I don't have NFL network, but I couldn't find a link saying with Mike saying he fit the 3-4 nose nor could I find a youtube video of it (I searched Mike Mayock Sedrick Ellis, you're welcome to do so too). Regardless, Mike Mayock is not most people. He's one person.

As a Jets fan, I don't see many people who would be a worse fit for them at #6 than Sedrick Ellis. At 285 or 305.

thetedginnshow
01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Some people have said he could play Nose. He just doesn't seem like that sort of player. He's much more suited to straight up rush the passer.

darnik44two
01-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, you can go with those aaaand I'll go with this website, footballsfuture and USC's website (two of three of which I linked).

As for Mike Mayock, I don't have NFL network, but I couldn't find a link saying with Mike saying he fit the 3-4 nose nor could I find a youtube video of it (I searched Mike Mayock Sedrick Ellis, you're welcome to do so too). Regardless, Mike Mayock is not most people. He's one person.

As a Jets fan, I don't see many people who would be a worse fit for them at #6 than Sedrick Ellis. At 285 or 305.

Here's a link for Mayock's commentary.
http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=92E88B2DA497A7BD13220C0405D861B2 ?videoId=09000d5d805e21c1

As far as his weight goes, you do realize his ht., wt., etc. probably haven't been updated since his freshmen year right?

Mayock is far and away the best draft analyst out there.

jdb1972
01-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Otah seems like a solid pick for the Panthers.

hcbrad08
03-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Mayock also says Brandon Flowers is going to be a top 15 pick...Mayock is good in certain respects I do like him but hes not the best draft analyst he's constantly wrong (as is everyone else) like last year when he thought one of the biggest locks to succeed in the NFL was Ikakia Alama-Francis and Adam Carriker.
I think Mayock makes the boldest predictions out of the known analysts and isnt afraid of thinking for himself instead of just reading other peoples rankings like many others seem to do but in terms of quality there are better guys/services.

Also Sedrick Ellis was listed by Scout.com in his junior year as playing at 295 and senior year playing at 300. Hes not a NT or at the very least his natural position is not NT he will not succeed there. He will rip up competition in a 43 believe that.

proshoota25
03-10-2008, 12:12 AM
great pats pick

bored of education
03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
lol why the flock was this upped?