PDA

View Full Version : Jahvid Best

kiranadwaney
01-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I have seen him play once or twice because we dont get a lot of cal games in england, but i loved this guy when i saw him. I dont know much about him. could someone let me know if he is expected to get more playing time next year and if he will be a factor in cal's offence

OregonDucks
01-15-2008, 02:10 PM
I think he starts next year, because Justin Forsett is going to the NFL. He a fast running back, I expect him to play well next year.

sodar21
01-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Didn't he have a career ending injury?

soybean
01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Didn't he have a career ending injury?

nah. (10 characters)

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-15-2008, 06:03 PM
He'll probably split carries with Montgomery next year.

kiranadwaney
01-15-2008, 06:39 PM
i knew he got injured i hope its not career ending, i also read that he was a good return man. does he have the potential to start in the nfl or is it to early to tell?

rainbeaukid2
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
i think it might be too early to tell. he has world class speed, but i think that he is too small as of right now to be anything other than an occasional scat back in the pros

504 to ATL
01-15-2008, 07:26 PM
he has world class speed

Really no he does not. Very fast, but you exaggerate.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Its quite obvious you've never watched him.

BaLLiN
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
he looked like a track star, but he had pretty good vision of what i saw, needs to gain more alot more strength and weight.

jbeans187
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPFlEaG_U9Q

Came in second to Bryshon Nellum a track phenom, i d say its up there

BamaFalcon59
01-15-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPFlEaG_U9Q

Came in second to Bryshon Nellum a track phenom, i d say its up there

Yeah, and Nellum did not gain seperation until midway. His (Best's) burst is great.

rainbeaukid2
01-15-2008, 09:29 PM

he really does, i believe he came in first in the 100m in california

504 to ATL
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Its quite obvious you've never watched him.

Youre something, to try and tell me what I have not seen. I remember watching him in the Tennessee game, and recall the announcers stating his 100 meter time. Granted they were announcers but I hardly think they would screw up his time.

Oh and if he is "World Class speed" what is Charles from Texas, who has a faster 100 meter time? Neither is World Class speed, neither would place at Nationals for school or country.

Forenci
01-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes, but the think about Best is he is still extremely fast in pads. Most track stars play football, however, Best is a football player that does track.

I think he has good vision though, which is the main selling point. Reggie Bush has proved speed with out vision is worthless.

soybean
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Youre something, to try and tell me what I have not seen. I remember watching him in the Tennessee game, and recall the announcers stating his 100 meter time. Granted they were announcers but I hardly think they would screw up his time.

Oh and if he is "World Class speed" what is Charles from Texas, who has a faster 100 meter time? Neither is World Class speed, neither would place at Nationals for school or country.

you're just mad that no one brought up trindon holliday. it was obvious your intentions in this thread by trying to bring down another fast player.

504 to ATL
01-15-2008, 10:30 PM
you're just mad that no one brought up trindon holliday. it was obvious your intentions in this thread by trying to bring down another fast player.

HAHA, if it was so obvious like you claim, why did I not once mention his name myself? Nice try, I guess you just have a thing for knowing my intentions /sarcasm.

Holliday goes without question as "World Class Speed", he has an Olympic team qualification to prove it.

As the poster before you stated that he is fast in pads, yes he is. Some sprinters are not fast on the football field, but he is, just not "World Class Speed."

jbeans187
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM

He could be, if he runs track in college his 10.36 100m could easily get down to Jamal Charles 10.23. 10.23 would have placed him 6th in the US Outdoor Track and Field Championship. Now there is no way you can tell me if Jamal Charles and Jahvid Best quit football and focused on track they couldnt be some of the top sprinters in the country. Being that 6th in the US is "world class" considering in the 2004 olympics the US took 3 of the top 4 spots in the 100m and a 10.22 was needed to make the olympic final. In this year IAAF WORLD Championship Jamal Charles 10.23 would have tied for 6th in the final. If thats not world class i dont know what is.

TheMikey10
01-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Best is solid, but certainly not an everydown back. He has the oppurtunity to become the king of all change of pace backs, and get things done in the slot, and on returns ( a la Reggie Bush, although he is certainly not as good). He is a track star, and was planning to run at Cal but he will not this year due to the hip. At first many thought it could be Bo Jackson esque and completely end his career, but he will be fine. He is going to get a lot of carries, but probably not more that Monty

WildDude
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
wow thats incredible how close he was and everyone was a good few feets behind... well the one guy who actually did quit football was Xavier Carter well he is a top notch track athlete he just made the wrong choice to play for LSU for football they barely played him and didnt give him a shot to blow up

504 to ATL
01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
wow thats incredible how close he was and everyone was a good few feets behind... well the one guy who actually did quit football was Xavier Carter well he is a top notch track athlete he just made the wrong choice to play for LSU for football they barely played him and didnt give him a shot to blow up

Maybe because the X-man is a head case, guy is trouble waiting to happen. Ruining his track career getting in trouble with the law all the time.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dLNwSqSRk&feature=related

There shows his vision+explosiveness. He's bigger than bush was as a freshman as well. He can easily pack on atleast 10 pounds losing no speed. He's Reggie Bush with vision, which makes him a beast.

soybean
01-17-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dLNwSqSRk&feature=related

There shows his vision+explosiveness. He's bigger than bush was as a freshman as well. He can easily pack on atleast 10 pounds losing no speed. He's Reggie Bush with vision, which makes him a beast.

yeah reggie bush had no vision in college...

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah Javhid Best is very fast....he was a track star.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Best was a pleasant surprise last season. As a recruit, he had a lot of late momentum, but I wrote it off as mostly due to him being a compactly built kid with fantastic speed. I was rather amazed when I watched him play and realized that he had very nice vision, used his cuts effectively, caught the ball well, and generally looked like anything but a freshman.

He'll likely split carries with Montgomery (as someone already mentioned), and see some return duty as a sophomore. The biggest thing to see will be how much more weight his frame can handle and how much it cuts down on his quickness. Marshawn Lynch was a scat back as a freshman then packed on 20 pounds and became a bruiser, but I'm not sure it will be as easy for Best to do so.

However, I haven't been as excited about a freshman since Lynch. My personal favorite play of his in 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-nmQFy_ILQ&feature=related

d34ng3l021
02-09-2008, 08:48 PM
More like Javhid Beast.

THIZZorDIE
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes, but the think about Best is he is still extremely fast in pads. Most track stars play football, however, Best is a football player that does track.

I think he has good vision though, which is the main selling point. Reggie Bush has proved speed with out vision is worthless.

Well, that speed made him kinda rich... so ask him how 'worthless' it really is. But really, is he that bad? worthless? Not what was hyped up to be so far, but he has done some things right in the league. I think Jahvid Best is gonna be something special in the college game, his speed could place him in the league alone, but we know it takes some much more to even maintain in the league. Just keep watching him and enjoy- I was sold in his 1st game, against Tennesee.