9) Cincinnati Bengals Sedrick Ellis | Defensive Tackle | Southern California
10) New Orleans Saints Jack Ikegwuonu | Cornerback | Wisconsin
11) Buffalo Bills Malcolm Kelly | Wide Receiver | Oklahoma
12) Denver Broncos James Laurinaitis | Inside Linebacker | Ohio State
13) Carolina Panthers Michael Oher | Offensive Tackle | Ole Miss
14) Chicago Bears Jeff Otah | Offensive Tackle | Pittsburgh
15) Detroit Lions Jonathan Stewart | Running Back | Oregon
16) Arizona Cardinals Quentin Groves | Defensive End | Auburn
17) Minnesota Vikings Adarius Bowman | Wide Receiver | Oklahoma St.
18 ) Houston Texans Rashard Mendenhall | Running Back | Illinois
19) Philadelphia Eagles Reggie Smith | Cornerback | Oklahoma
20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Keith Rivers | Outside Linebacker | Southern California
21) Washington Redskins Calais Campbell | Defensive End | Miami (FL)
22) Dallas Cowboys (f/CLE) DeSean Jackson | Wide Receiver | California
23) Pittsburgh Steelers Chris Williams | Offensive Tackle | Vanderbilt
24) Tennessee Titans Early Doucet | Wide Receiver | Louisiana State
25) Seattle Seahawks Felix Jones | Running Back | Arkansas
26) New York Giants Kenny Phillips | Safety | Miami (FL)
27) Jacksonville Jaguars Derrick Harvey | Defensive End | Florida
28 ) San Diego Chargers Gosder Cherilus | Offensive Tackle | Boston College
29) Dallas Cowboys Leodis McKelvin | Cornerback | Troy
30) San Francisco 49ers (f/IND) Frank Okam | Defensive Tackle | Texas
31) Green Bay Packers Antoine Cason | Cornerback | Arizona

Caddy
01-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Have you read any of the other mock draft threads in this forum? If so then you should know the Buccaneers don't need a LB in round 1. If you haven't you should still know they don't need a round 1 LB considering they have Derrick Brooks, Barrett Ruud, Ryan Nece, Cato June, Quincy Black and Adam Hawyward already populating #1 and #2 on each LB positions depth chart. What makes it even worse is that the Buccaneers passed on both Calais Campbell and Desean Jacskon; both of whom would be a great addition to the Buccaneers at positions of need.

Rant Over.

Rich Jr
01-15-2008, 08:29 PM
He hasn't read anything he has Laurinitis in this one.

fenikz
01-15-2008, 08:32 PM
lol at Phillips going 26, if he makes it to 16 the Cardinals pick will be up as soon as the Lions say the 1st syllable of another players name

tjsunstein
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Id rather have Aqib Talib than Antoine Cason.

Rich Jr
01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Phillips to the Saints.

GaMeTiMe
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Phillips to the Saints.

Phillips is EXTREMELY overrated. If he didn't go to Miami, no one would even know his name.

Arizona needs a pass-rusher for their 3-4 more more than they need a safety. And I don't even understand where you get the Saints from, who don't even need a safety at all.

Have you read any of the other mock draft threads in this forum? If so then you should know the Buccaneers don't need a LB in round 1. If you haven't you should still know they don't need a round 1 LB considering they have Derrick Brooks, Barrett Ruud, Ryan Nece, Cato June, Quincy Black and Adam Hawyward already populating #1 and #2 on each LB positions depth chart. What makes it even worse is that the Buccaneers passed on both Calais Campbell and Desean Jacskon; both of whom would be a great addition to the Buccaneers at positions of need.

I'm going to ignore Ruud, Nece, June and Black since they all play other positions.

Derrick Brooks is almost ready to retire. Do you really think Adam Hayward is his replacement? Brooks and Hayward may be the #1 and #2 WLBs, but Hayward is staying in that spot once Brooks moves on. That's a pretty good value pick in Keith Rivers, I don't see them passing up the upgrade from Adam Hayward once Brooks is done.

Calais Campbell would make a nice pick for you guys, but I don't think his value is or will be that high on draft day. I only have Washington taking him next because there aren't really any other viable options for them on the board (unless an OT like Baker, Cherilus or Williams really solidify themselves as a mid-first round pick).

As far as Jackson goes, you don't need another speedy receiver who can't get seperation across from Galloway. You need a guy like Stovall, just someone with more talent.

Caddy
01-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Phillips is EXTREMELY overrated. If he didn't go to Miami, no one would even know his name.

Arizona needs a pass-rusher for their 3-4 more more than they need a safety. And I don't even understand where you get the Saints from, who don't even need a safety at all.

I'm going to ignore Ruud, Nece, June and Black since they all play other positions.

Derrick Brooks is almost ready to retire. Do you really think Adam Hayward is his replacement? Brooks and Hayward may be the #1 and #2 WLBs, but Hayward is staying in that spot once Brooks moves on. That's a pretty good value pick in Keith Rivers, I don't see them passing up the upgrade from Adam Hayward once Brooks moves on.

Calais Campbell would make a nice pick for you guys, but I don't think his value is or will be that high on draft day. I only have Washington taking him next because there aren't really any other viable options for them on the board (unless an OT like Baker, Cherilus or Williams really solidify themselves as a mid-first round pick).

As far as Jackson goes, you don't need another speedy receiver who can't get seperation across from Galloway. You need a guy like Stovall, just someone with more talent.

So by looking at the depth chart you naturally assume Adam Hayward can't cut it? I don't think he will be Brooks replacement at all and no he won't cut it. But either Cato June will return to his natural position or the more athletic Quincy Black will play a more natural position hence solving the WLB problem. Not to mention the fact Ryan Nece can move back to SLB allowing one of either Black or June to slide across. But what would I know about the Buccaneers LB situation?

Crazy_Chris
01-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Adarius Bowman isn't worth the #17 pick at this point. Also Childress doesn't believe in taking WR's in round 1. Kenny Phillips would be the pick at #17.

GaMeTiMe
01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
So by looking at the depth chart you naturally assume Adam Hayward can't cut it?

No, I know he can't cut it by knowing who Adam Hayward is :P

But either Cato June will return to his natural position or the more athletic Quincy Black will play a more natural position hence solving the WLB problem. Not to mention the fact Ryan Nece can move back to SLB allowing one of either Black or June to slide across. But what would I know about the Buccaneers LB situation?

Cato June will be entering the second year of a three-year contract next season, and will be on the wrong side of 30 once it is over. I know a 31 year old linebacker isn't exactly a liability, but re-signing him would be pointless if you had a young core like Black/Ruud/Rivers/Nece.

Not to mention, you have to consider the fact that June is strictly a cover-2 linebacker. Monte Kiffin may not be running that defense in a few years, and with the players that fit the system also getting older the Tampa-2 may be no more once June and Brooks are gone.

Listen, the Bucs have bigger needs than linebacker, and receiver and defensive end are two of them along with offensive tackle. They even need a quarterback of the future more than a linebacker in the first round. But it's just the fact that Rivers is still on the board and arguably the best LB of this class. I don't see him hurting his stock much in the combine either. They CAN use a linebacker, and that's the only argument I'm trying to make.

Caddy
01-15-2008, 09:11 PM
So the Buccaneers select Rivers, who I admit is decent value, despite the fact they can take two players who play positions of greater need at the same draft position which you yourself admitted. I'm sorry but that logic seems flawed to me.

Vikes99ej
01-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Terrible, terrible first round pick for the Vikings. Not first round material. Give us Derrick Harvey or Calais Campbell instead.

Yung Flippa
01-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Decent Ravens pick, Good Texans pick.

Bills2083
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
I wouldnt mind Kelly, or Rivers there.

Jay
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a very hard time believing the Pats would take an offensive lineman at #7.

Beans
01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
i agree with everything etk says

Caddy
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
i agree with everything etk says

You mean me. :D

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 11:17 PM
i like the packers pick it is solid, but to make it outstanding give me Ike

EdReedUnstoppable
01-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Very nice pick for the Ravens!

T-RICH49
01-16-2008, 09:20 AM
No Qb For Kc In Rd 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fenikz
01-16-2008, 10:08 AM

Sounds like you have some personal vendetta against Miami, Phillips is the number 1 DB in this class, and he is a sure fire top 15 pick, as i said if he somehow falls to the Cardinals it wouldn't take more than a second for our pick to be up

As for Groves, right now he is a 2nd-3rd rounder and a huge reach

in this situation i would pick the following in this order

1. Kenny Phillips
2. Calais Campbell
3. Rashard Mendenhall
4. Leodis McKlevin
5. Derrick Harvey

thebow305
01-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Some very unpractical picks there... not a big fan of the phins pick either, rather have Gholston.

TitanHope
01-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I have to think that there are other WR's worth taking over Early Doucet. DeSean Jackson going two picks before the Titans breaks my heart... ;)

If it's your opinion that Doucet fits what the Titans need at WR, then solid pick.

hugegmenfan
01-16-2008, 12:22 PM
i really like the giants pick. although some other giants fans may not. we need an impact safety.

thebow305
01-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Id rather have Aqib Talib than Antoine Cason.

Why?? He's slower and less of a finished product. Cason may be the most sure thing as a CB in this draft. He's a very solid run-supporter, has great hands and good speed. Not to mention he has all the experience to back it up. He is a senior and has been playing in the Pac-10 the last couple years going against great recievers like Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, & DeSean Jackson.

I am baffled as to why he gets no love around here, and why Talib get so much. I have seen Talib get burned and has been out of position way too much this year. He would have benefitted greatly from going back to school another year. His instincts and hands are pretty solid but his timed speed is not great at all.

I think the icing on the cake for most people was his pick in the Bowl game against Va Tech for a TD. But truth is, Taylor is a freshman and stared down that reciever the whole time. Any decent DB could have made that play, it was no more than just doing his job and reacting to a bad play made by the young QB, nothing special.

Oh well, I guess we will see.

Gay Ork Wang
01-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Why would NE draft a OT?

tjsunstein
01-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Why?? He's slower and less of a finished product. Cason may be the most sure thing as a CB in this draft. He's a very solid run-supporter, has great hands and good speed. Not to mention he has all the experience to back it up. He is a senior and has been playing in the Pac-10 the last couple years going against great recievers like Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, & DeSean Jackson.

I am baffled as to why he gets no love around here, and why Talib get so much. I have seen Talib get burned and has been out of position way too much this year. He would have benefitted greatly from going back to school another year. His instincts and hands are pretty solid but his timed speed is not great at all.

I think the icing on the cake for most people was his pick in the Bowl game against Va Tech for a TD. But truth is, Taylor is a freshman and stared down that reciever the whole time. Any decent DB could have made that play, it was no more than just doing his job and reacting to a bad play made by the young QB, nothing special.

Oh well, I guess we will see.

It was his potential return skills (sparked by the interception return against Kansas and the 100 yard return against FIU) more than anything that put him over Cason on my Packers big board. The Packers need a punt returner with sure hands and the ability to make something happen instead of Charles Woodson ( never returned a punt, 10 years in the league) being back there; as we all know hes getting old. Talib is very dynamic as we also saw that he was split out wide at times. Talib's size is also impressive coming in as tall as 6'2 at rivals.com.

On the other hand, you could be absolutely on target with Cason but Ive never had a chance to see him play unless it was at the hands of a top USC offense in which I dont remember him doing anything impressive. Ive seen Talib a bit more this year because of the success of Kansas in games against Mizzou and VT.