PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys To Dolphins:

thebow305
01-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Now that it seems that Parcells is turning Miami into his old Dallas team, which looks like a good move for us. He's bringing in some Dallas coaches, and some of his old assistants to help him get the job done here in the MIA. And I've got to say, I'm pretty pumped about this.

But on a personel note, I would think he might try to bring some of his old players over as well. What do you guys think about Terry Glenn? I'm pretty sure he's a free agent now, do you think there's any chance of getting him in a Miami uniform for next season? I know he is a little older now, but he does still possess pretty good speed and he is Parcell's boy. I can't help but get a little excited over a Ohio State speed tandem of Glenn and Ginn next year? What do you guys think!?

What cowboys players do you guys see in Miami next year? Flozell Adams? (My wish) Keith Davis? Jacques Reeves? (I hope not!) Bobby Carpenter? Terry Glenn? Possibly Keyshawn Johnson? Any others??....

M.O.T.H.
01-16-2008, 01:28 AM
Now that it seems that Parcells is turning Miami into his old Dallas team, which looks like a good move for us. He's bringing in some Dallas coaches, and some of his old assistants to help him get the job done here in the MIA. And I've got to say, I'm pretty pumped about this.

But on a personel note, I would think he might try to bring some of his old players over as well. What do you guys think about Terry Glenn? I'm pretty sure he's a free agent now, do you think there's any chance of getting him in a Miami uniform for next season? I know he is a little older now, but he does still possess pretty good speed and he is Parcell's boy. I can't help but get a little excited over a Ohio State speed tandem of Glenn and Ginn next year? What do you guys think!?

What cowboys players do you guys see in Miami next year? Flozell Adams? (My wish) Keith Davis? Jacques Reeves? (I hope not!) Bobby Carpenter? Terry Glenn? Possibly Keyshawn Johnson? Any others??....

Terry is not a free agent...he signed an extension a while back and will be a cowboy next year.

As for some realistic potential players that could be in a Dolphin uniform next season...

Jacque Reeves (he's terrible, though)
Nathan Jones
Bobby Carpenter (via trade)
Keith Davis
Julius Jones (Kind of had a bit of a fallout w/ BP but, if he's out of options, it could happen...but yeah, this one is still pretty unlikely.)

As for Flozell...JJ has commented that he would like to re-sign him so, that is most likely out as well.

There really isnt much there...I wouldnt totally ax the idea of trades, though. We have a number of LBs that may be made available. (Carpenter, Ayodele, Burnett, and a disgruntled Ellis)

thebow305
01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Terry is not a free agent...he signed an extension a while back and will be a cowboy next year.

As for some realistic potential players that could be in a Dolphin uniform next season...

Jacque Reeves (he's terrible, though)
Nathan Jones
Bobby Carpenter (via trade)
Keith Davis
Julius Jones (Kind of had a bit of a fallout w/ BP but, if he's out of options, it could happen...but yeah, this one is still pretty unlikely.)

As for Flozell...JJ has commented that he would like to re-sign him so, that is most likely out as well.

There really isnt much there...I wouldnt totally ax the idea of trades, though. We have a number of LBs that may be made available. (Carpenter, Ayodele, Burnett, and a disgruntled Ellis)

Wow, that Glenn news is a big-time bummer! I didn't know he signed an extension, there goes my dream! :(

thebow305
01-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Just read an article in the Dallas Morning News that says that it is believed that Terry Glenn could end up as a salary cap casualty for Dallas this offseason.

I really hope so, we need this guy!

Joeyjr09
01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Just read an article in the Dallas Morning News that says that it is believed that Terry Glenn could end up as a salary cap casualty for Dallas this offseason.

Seriously doubt that happens. Don't think we'll be looting much of the Cowboys players. Besides, there's plenty of Parcells guys around the entire NFL, not just in Dallas. He can get his players from anywhere. He just needed to get his staff from Dallas because the staff he worked with in his younger days are all big time HCs in the NFL now.

KILLERSANTA
01-22-2008, 10:16 PM

You don't want Glenn. His knees are really really bad(could make a mom joke there)..........

thebow305
01-23-2008, 01:44 AM
You don't want Glenn. His knees are really really bad(could make a mom joke there)..........

I'd still take him over Marty Booker... anyday.

D-Unit
01-23-2008, 01:59 AM
I'm not sure Jason Ferguson survives June cuts. Marcus Spears could also be heading that way along with Carpenter and Fasano. I can see Bill bringing in Aaron Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson and heck, maybe even Vinny Testaverde.

M.O.T.H.
01-23-2008, 06:23 AM
I'm not sure Jason Ferguson survives June cuts. Marcus Spears could also be heading that way along with Carpenter and Fasano. I can see Bill bringing in Aaron Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson and heck, maybe even Vinny Testaverde.

I doubt we'll see a Spears and Parcells reunion. Spears had nothing good to say about him...Spears was one of the happiest guys in town when Parcells left.

thebow305
01-23-2008, 10:47 AM

Why jusy all those old guys... I heard Glenn was pondering retirement?

What is your thoughts on us maybe getting any or all of those guys... Ferguson, Spears, and Carpenter included?

D-Unit
01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Nah, Glenn wants to come back, but Jerry wants to let him go.

Doubt he wants to continue his career with a bad team though. Even if it IS Parcells.

Finsfan79
01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
I read that spears might get made available.

I would love Spears + 2 1st and a 2nd for the number 1 overall perhaps?

Values spears as a 2nd rounder and makes dallas "win" the value of the trade still by a little bit but it is interesting.

Now that is assuming Dallas would do such a trade. Still gives us a solid DE, and 3 more picks to fill holes with.

M.O.T.H.
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Spears and BP had a falling out...Spears doesnt want to play in a Parcells defense, nor can he and I'm sure BP doesnt want him, after the harsh comments Spears had to make.

M.O.T.H.
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
As for Bobby...it's a possibility...but, I'd figure he's probably going to a 4-3 team if he were to go anywhere.