PDA

View Full Version : Croom Dawgs Mock (My First!)

CroomDawgs
01-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey y'all tell me what you think!

1. Miami Dolphins- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

2. St. Louis Rams- Jake Long OT Michigan

3. Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan QB Boston College

4. Oakland Raiders- Chris Long DT/DE Virginia

5. Kansas City Chiefs- Ryan Clady OT Boise State

6. New York Jets- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas

7. New England Patriots- Kenny Phillips S Miami

8. Baltimore Ravens- Brian Brohm QB Louisville

9. Cincinnati Bengals- Sedrick Ellis DT USC

10. New Orleans Saints- Aqib Talib CB Kansas

11. Buffalo Bills- Keith Rivers OLB USC

12. Denver Broncos- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma

13. Carolina Panthers- Derrick Harvey DE Florida

14. Chicago Bears- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College

15. Detroit Lions- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

16.Arizona Cardinals- Mike Jenkins CB USF

17. Minnesota Vikings- Calais Campbell DE Miami

18. Houston Texans- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

19. Philadelphia Eagles- DeSean Jackson WR Cal

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma

21. Washington Redskins- Pat Sims DT Auburn

22. Dallas Cowboys- Felix Jones RB Arkansas

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Jeff Otah OT Pitt

24. Tennessee Titans- Limas Sweed WR Texas

25. Seattle Seahawks- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

26. New York Giants- Dan Connor OLB Penn State

27. Jacksonville Jaguars- Mario Manningham WR Michigan

28. San Diego Chargers- DaJuan Morgan S NC State

29. San Francisco 49ers- Early Doucet WR LSU

30. Dallas Cowboys- Leodis McKelvin CB Troy

31. Green Bay Packers- Shawn Crable OLB/DE Michigan

tjsunstein
01-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I like the Packers pick. I already explained it in another mock so I wont do it again but Crable will work if we do pick him.

CroomDawgs
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I gave the Packers Crable cuz he's very versatile and is an excellent pass rusher, he could play 4-3 OLB or DE and would just add to that already solid defense

tjsunstein
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Exactly. Kind of what the quickly aging KGB is now.

iloxygenil
01-16-2008, 01:41 PM
No thanks to Matt Ryan in ATL.

BeerBaron
01-16-2008, 01:44 PM
oher...not bad not bad. certainly addresses a position of major need

tjsunstein
01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
No thanks to Matt Ryan in ATL.

Im not exactly sure as to why you say this when what the Falcons need is a foundation. Theres no better way to start your rebuilding process then bringing in the top QB in the draft and making him your franchise guy.

BeerBaron
01-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Im not exactly sure as to why you say this when what the Falcons need is a foundation. Theres no better way to start your rebuilding process then bringing in the top QB in the draft and making him your franchise guy.

especially if an offensive coach like garrett were to be hired. an offensive coach would want his own guy to develop and live and die by

DiG
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
21. Washington Redskins- Pat Sims DT Auburn

Wow that is the first I have seen Pat Sims in the first round. Personally I barely see him as a second rounder and truth be told unless the Redskins decided to cut Cornelius Griffin then our real need on the defensive line is at RDE not at DT.

thebow305
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Rather have Gholston, IMO Dorsey will not be the pick, it will be either Vernon Gholston or Chris Long.

DaJuan Morgan seems to be a little bit of a reach. I guess it depends how the evalutations go and all of the workouts, but that seems to be a vey interesting pick, we will see.

Bills2083
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Good Bills pick

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
i would prefer a CB for the packers in round one.

CroomDawgs
01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

For Atlanta, I do feel that Ryan isn't worthy of going that high but as others have said, the best thing Atlanta can do is draft a Quarterback at this point. And if they hire a guy like Jason Garrett it makes even more sense. I do believe McFadden could also be the pick but i think Quarterback is the right way to go.

As for the Dolphins, i Chris Long could be a possibility, but Vernon Gholston? The guy got a second round gradefrom the draft advisory board. Don't get me wrong i believe he is first round talent, but #1 overall? no way. Chris Long however does become more likely with Sporano being hired.

Morgan i do think is reach but its a need for the Chargers and he could time well. Plus as we know there are certainly reaches in every draft.

fenikz
01-16-2008, 04:44 PM
great cardinals pick

CroomDawgs
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
As for the Pat Sims pick, i do thin kCornelius Griffin will be let go by the them this season and with Kedric Golston and Joe Saleva the only guys left i think Sims, though a reach, would be a nice pick. And of course u have the Auburn drafting pattern :D

thetedginnshow
01-17-2008, 12:31 AM
I'd much rather have Gholston than McFadden. It's not like it'd be a bad pick for us to take Run DMC, but it'd probably help a lot more to get an OLB. Unless we do something with Jones, we have two runningbacks to use right now, and Leon Washington should get touches no matter what. Plus, there are OL issues that we'd have to work with before thinking getting a franchise RB in here would be a great idea without messing him up.

CroomDawgs
01-17-2008, 12:34 AM
I'd much rather have Gholston than McFadden. It's not like it'd be a bad pick for us to take Run DMC, but it'd probably help a lot more to get an OLB. Unless we do something with Jones, we have two runningbacks to use right now, and Leon Washington should get touches no matter what. Plus, there are OL issues that we'd have to work with before thinking getting a franchise RB in here would be a great idea without messing him up.

I did think about putting A defensive player in there but at the end of the day i just can't see the Jets passing on a player who could immediately upgrade that offense. Jones is a good back but has never lived up to his potential, and Washington is more of a situational and not a every down guy. I think it be a tough choice. Thanks for the feedback!

bearsfan_51
01-17-2008, 12:39 AM
You've got to keep in mind that the Chargers only have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds. I think that will make them go conservative if anything (high floor, low ceiling). Morgan seems like way too much of a reach.

Other than that, good mock. Try a few more rounds next time.

CroomDawgs
01-17-2008, 12:44 AM
You've got to keep in mind that the Chargers only have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds. I think that will make them go conservative if anything (high floor, low ceiling). Morgan seems like way too much of a reach.

That is a good point, i could definetely see them trading down though to grab a few more picks, it was really hard for me to give them a pick. Thanks for the input and i'll try next time.

CroomDawgs
01-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Made a quick edit since Michael Oher coughbastardcough switchedh is decision

P-L
01-17-2008, 01:03 AM

They actually lose their 4th Round pick as well, because they picked Paul Oliver in the Supplemental Draft last year.

Patriots16-0
01-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Nice Pats one.

hugegmenfan
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Give the giants Mckelvin or Cason there, no connor

DiG
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
As for the Pat Sims pick, i do thin kCornelius Griffin will be let go by the them this season and with Kedric Golston and Joe Saleva the only guys left i think Sims, though a reach, would be a nice pick. And of course u have the Auburn drafting pattern :D

at least get your facts straight. Anthony Montgomery is the starter next to Griffin. Salevea isn't even on the roster anymore. Gholston is the backup who actually rotates into play a lot. Behind those guys is Lorenzo Alexander who is a rookie that the staff really likes in terms of future potential. i dont foresee griffin as being one of the guys to be let go. hes too much of a force on our defense and to be honest there are at least 4 or 5 older more expensive less needed guys that will get the axe before him so until hes actually let go i see no need for DT this offseason for the skins.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
I liked Oher, but it's too early for Cherilus. Give us Woodson, or if you don't think Woodson is a 1st round QB, someone like Mendenhall, Malcolm Kelley, etc.

DanHawkins
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
No way Reggie Smith makes top 15...prolly not even a 1st rounder.

iloxygenil
01-17-2008, 12:14 PM

You don't want to build from a shaky foundation and QBs aren't the foundation...with this OL the only QB who would have a chance is Michael Vick...but he's not around anymore. I don't want to build that way...I want to build from the lines, that's how you get consistent.

CroomDawgs
01-17-2008, 12:16 PM
at least get your facts straight. Anthony Montgomery is the starter next to Griffin. Salevea isn't even on the roster anymore. Gholston is the backup who actually rotates into play a lot. Behind those guys is Lorenzo Alexander who is a rookie that the staff really likes in terms of future potential. i dont foresee griffin as being one of the guys to be let go. hes too much of a force on our defense and to be honest there are at least 4 or 5 older more expensive less needed guys that will get the axe before him so until hes actually let go i see no need for DT this offseason for the skins.

Wow thats my bad haha. I did base this pick a lot of the fact that i think Griffin will be let go, my reasoning for that is on rotoworld there was a report he may be let go. If Griffen is re-signed of course i don't think that will be the pick.

The Giants pick. Would the Giants really take a corner two years in a row? I think their safeties are more of a problem than their corners, and Connor is a pretty solid player and would help a Good but not great linebacking core.

For the Bears, Oher going back put me in a bind, i do think they need a QB but i thought there was a report that Jerry Angelo didn't want to draft a QB. Cherilus prolly is a a reach despite the OL troubles they could get a guy in FA. If Bernard Berrian is let go i think Malcolm Kelly becomes a very nice pick or even a gamebreaker like Mendenhall.

Reggie Smith not first round? Thats the first time i've heard that haha. ANy reasons why not?

CroomDawgs
01-17-2008, 12:17 PM
You don't want to build from a shaky foundation and QBs aren't the foundation...with this OL the only QB who would have a chance is Michael Vick...but he's not around anymore. I don't want to build that way...I want to build from the lines, that's how you get consistent.

If available, would Jake Long be a good pick? I know the Falcons have a system blocking scheme right?

tjsunstein
01-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Any offensive line will generally fail if the defense stacks 8 in the box and challenges a career backup to pass. Adding Ryan or any top tier QB in this draft will give your offense a new dimension instead of running yourself into a long third down and forcing a bad pass. Ryan will make Norwood that much better but keeping the defense guessing

CroomDawgs
01-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Here are the pages for the Bears and Redskins info i got:

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=CHI

"Bears GM Jerry Angelo says he's comfortable going into next season with the same three quarterbacks.
Unbelievable, yet true. Angelo says the Bears QB situation is the best since he's been in Chicago, and he would like all three back to determine who the right guy is. Good luck, Jerry."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080107/SPORTS01/981284797/1005/sports

"Redskins DT Cornelius Griffin may be released this offseason.
Washington has the worst salary cap issues in the league by far, and will have to shed some salary. Shawn Springs, Griffin, and Philip Daniels are among the highest paid players who are over 30."

Dr. Gonzo
01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Nice Vikings pick.

Vikes99ej
01-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Good Vikings pick. Hopefully an improvement over the scrubs we have now.