9 Cincinnati Sedrick Ellis DT USC
10 New Orleans Kentwam Balmer DT North Carolina
11 Buffalo Keith Rivers LB USC
12 Denver Kenny Phillips S Miami(FL)
13 Carolina Derrick Harvey DE Florida
14 Chicago Ryan Clady OT Boise State
15 Detroit Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
16 Arizona Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
17 Minnesota Calais Campbell DE Miami(FL)
18 Houston Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
19 Philadelphia Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
20 Tampa Bay DeSean Jackson WR California
21 Washington Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
22 Dallas(f/CLE) Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
23 Seattle Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
24 Pittsburgh Sam Baker OT USC
25 Tennessee James Hardy WR Indiana
26 New York Giants Dan Connor LB Penn State
27 Jacksonville Mario Manningham WR Michigan
28 San Diego Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
29 Dallas Felix Jones RB Arkansas
30 San Francisco(f/IND) Limas Sweed WR Texas
31 Green Bay Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin
32 New England

DragonMekha
01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Im curious as to why Malcolm Kelly over Desean Jackson for Philly? I think D-Jax's return skills would help Philly better.I'd maybe switch the two picks.

princefielder28
01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Im curious as to why Malcolm Kelly over Desean Jackson for Philly? I think D-Jax's return skills would help Philly better.I'd maybe switch the two picks.

It was a toss up. Jackson benefits in special teams but Kelly has size on Jackson and I think he's the best wideout in the draft

DragonMekha
01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
It was a toss up. Jackson benefits in special teams but Kelly has size on Jackson and I think he's the best wideout in the draft

True we do need size at the WR position.Although in that case I like James Hardy from Indiana.Also it wouldnt suprise me to see Philly take Reggie Smith from Oklahoma.His versatility as CB/S would be welcomed as both are posiitons of need for us.

fenikz
01-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm growing on the idea of drafting Mendenhall, still not quite there as i feel we can almost get equal value in the 2nd but it coming along

princefielder28
01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
True we do need size at the WR position.Although in that case I like James Hardy from Indiana.Also it wouldnt suprise me to see Philly take Reggie Smith from Oklahoma.His versatility as CB/S would be welcomed as both are posiitons of need for us.

Hardy may be a little overhyped. When he went up against the Badgers and fellow draftee Jack Ikegwuonu he got shut down and he'll face CBs in the NFL that will press him and who are better than Jack Ike and we may see alot of the same results then too

SaintsMan
01-16-2008, 05:32 PM
The Saints would take Phillips, Rivers or Clady and probably other players before even considering Balmer.

DragonMekha
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Hardy may be a little overhyped. When he went up against the Badgers and fellow draftee Jack Ikegwuonu he got shut down and he'll face CBs in the NFL that will press him and who are better than Jack Ike and we may see alot of the same results then too

I agree,I would only select James Hardy for the Eagles if he well to thier pick in the second.I wouldnt take him in the first,id much rather give up a 1st and more to trade for Chad Johnson in that case.

princefielder28
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
The Saints would take Phillips, Rivers or Clady and probably other players before even considering Balmer.

I think the Saints need to address the defense and it starts by them getting to the QB. Balmer would provide a presence at DT that can get to the QB and that makes the defense better. Look at the Giants with all their injuries in the secondary; they are able to be successful b/c they get to the QB and make him make decisions quicker.

SaintsMan
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I think the Saints need to address the defense and it starts by them getting to the QB. Balmer would provide a presence at DT that can get to the QB and that makes the defense better. Look at the Giants with all their injuries in the secondary; they are able to be successful b/c they get to the QB and make him make decisions quicker.

I agree, d-line pressure is key for a defense to be successful. I just think the Saints go with the best player on the board and not reach for a need. If Ellis or Dorsey fell to 10, I would go with a defensive tackle.

princefielder28
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I agree, d-line pressure is key for a defense to be successful. I just think the Saints go with the best player on the board and not reach for a need. If Ellis or Dorsey fell to 10, I would go with a defensive tackle.

I agree it's a bit of a reach and if one of the other two DTs were there it would be a slam dunk, but I do believe that Balmer's stock will rise in the offseason so come April it may not be as much of a reach then as it is today.

hugegmenfan
01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Boo. Give the giants Antoine Cason

DiG
01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
reggie is too much of a tuner for us. we would be better off with a true SS or a true CB. leodis seems better value than reggie would be for us. i think reggie would make a better FS in the nfl and landry already has that locked up. depending on if merling has a great work out and jumps up on big boards he could end up being a good fit too.

wiscbadgerfootball
01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
hell yeah Ike to the Pack

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 08:33 PM
as usual i agree with you packers pick PF, good job.

tjsunstein
01-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Id rather see an OLB first round and a CB in the second solely because of the depth I think there is in this draft for the positions, I do like the pick though.

Bills2083
01-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Good pick for Buffalo.
BTW, is Rivers realy 220 lbs.? according to the rankings, he's only 220, but he looks bigger than that.

Yung Flippa
01-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Personally HATE the Ravens pick, I really wish we would trade down and take a corner.

BaLLiN
01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
bad giants pick

princefielder28
01-16-2008, 09:38 PM
bad giants pick

explain why

Gribble
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Weird... McKelvin and Felix Jones are my first round for the Cowboys... Good call then.

thebow305
01-17-2008, 12:11 AM
decent miami pick... rather have VG though

asmitty45
01-17-2008, 02:01 PM
not a big otah fan myself, but i guess i cant complain