PDA

View Full Version : DON'T CLICK HERE......If you hate good mocks

TACKLE
01-18-2008, 06:49 PM
1. Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins have several needs on D. They’d like to trade down but I doubt anybody would be willing to. They go with a tough guy who can play DE/DT/OLB and is a great fit in a 3-4.

Selection - Chris Long, DE, Virginia

2. St. Louis Rams

This is a tough pick. It depends a lot on the health of Orlando Pace. It’s hard to judge need areas for the Rams because they had so many injuries this year. Sedrick Ellis get a look here to play UT next to Carriker but La’Roi Glover is still playing well despite his age. This pick comes down to Gholston and Long. The Rams go with the safer pick and take…

Selection - Jake Long, OT, Michigan

3. Atlanta Falcons

QB is this teams biggest need, regardless of what Falcons fans say. Matt Ryan is the top QB in the draft. He is the best player and the biggest position of need. They might be able to get Andre Woodson in the 2nd round or trade up if one of the top QB’s fall. But they went with need pick last year and will do it again.

Selection - Darren McFadden, RB, Akansas

4. Oakland Raiders

The Raiders biggest need is easily DT. The pick is either Dorsey or Ellis. Dorsey is an all-world DT but Ellis was more productive and was a former player of Lane Kiffin. Come April the Raiders will take the top DT on their board.

Selection – Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

5. New Orleans Saints f/Kansas City

With Glenn Dorsey still here, the Saints make a move to get their guy. The Saints need to improve the run D and improve their interior pass rush. A stud DT would help and everybody loves a local boy. The Saints keep their pick close to home.

Selection - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

6. New York Jets

The Jets need to start getting the right personnel for their 3-4. The Jets get a great value pick and a stud edge rusher needed for a successful 3-4.

Selection - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State

7. New England Patriots

Everyone’s mock got messed up a bit when Jenkins and Laurenitas stayed in school. . Their LB’s are old and if the Pats win it all I think Bruschi and Seau may retire. Adalius and Vrable both can play inside but LB depth is needed. I don’t expect Assante Samuel to be a Patriot next year so corner is a need. O-Line gets a look here but I don’t think Clady has the versatility they like.

Selection - Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida

8. Baltimore Ravens

As a Ravens fan I would be comfortable with Troy Smith at QB next year. But since Billick left anf they are likely to bring in an offensive minded guy it makes me think that their going to get a new QB. Personally I don’t really like the idea of them taking a QB especially when CB is such a big need but I think with a new coach and new offensive system coming in, I think that they’ll also get a new QB.

Selection - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

9. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals front 7 has played awful and is really the weakness of the team. With Gholston, Harvey, and Ellis all of the board the Bengals may have to reach a little to uprgrade their LB’s.

Selection - Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

10. Kansas City Chiefs f/New Orleans Saints

The Chiefs are still able to address their biggest need with pick even though they traded down. OT is the obvious choice here. They can address CB in the 2nd.

Selection - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State

11. Buffalo Bills

They don’t have any glaring needs. They could use a tall WR but the value is off. A WLB or a DT are both options but no one is really worth the pick at this spot at those positions. When Nate Clements left they never really replaced him and if they want a chance at competing with the Pats they are going to have to improve their pass D.

Selection - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida

12. Denver Broncos

Denver will probably look to address LB, OT and S in Round 1. Clady is gone and Otah doesn’t fit in their ZBS. Rivers is also gone. They could reach for an LB but Safety is also a big need. Lynch isn’t very good in pass overage anymore and Abdullah hasn’t played well.

Selection - Kenny Phillips, FS, the U

13. Seattle Seahawks f/Carolina

With Clady and Phillips off the board the Panthers trade down. The Seahawks have no glaring needs except for RB so they go get their guy. It’s between Stewart and Mendenhall but Stewart will put on a show at the combine which will go along with his great production. Seattle picks the Washington boy and the eventual replacement for Shaun Alexander.

Selection - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

14. Chicago Bears

This pick comes down to QB or OT. I think the Bears can get good value at QB with a guy like Brennan or Henne in th 3rd round. They go with a guy who can play RT and eventually take over at LT.

Selection - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburg

15. Detroit Lions

The Lions could go OT, CB, LB, DE. There not good value for an OT here. There aren’t any LB’s who fit in the Tampa 2 worth the pick here. DE gets a look but I think CB is the pick here. A fast, physical corner who can also play FS would help out the Lions.

Selection - Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin

16. Arizona Cardinals

CB or a edge rusher is probably the biggest need but the Cardinals give a boost to their running game a guy to take over for the aging, slowing Edgerring James.

Selection - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois

17. Minnesota Vikings

They could go with a DE or S but they need a playmaker for the offense.

Selection - DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal

18. Houston Texans

Texans are disappointed that Stewart and Mendenhall are off the board. They could look OT but with Alex Gibbs as the new OLine coach I don’t think they’ll go O-Line in the 1st. With them possibly losing some LB’s in FA they get some depth.

Selection - Jerod Mayo, OLB, Tennessee

19. Philadelphia Eagles

Philly doesn’t have any glaring needs here. OT gets some strong consideration. Maybe a DE like Calais. A tall WR is an option. McKelvin is still on the board who could bring a KR/PR and CB depth.

Selection - Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

20. Tampa Bay Buccanears

This is a pretty easy pick here. LT is a need but I don’t think there are any true LT’s available. Brohm and Woodson both fall here.

Selection - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

21. Washington Redskins

D-Line is a big need and there are some good options with Calais, Balmer, Sims, and Merling still on the board. OT was exposed as a big need when Patrick Kerney dominated the wild card game. With the way Springs played CB is an option but they still have Carlos Rogers. Daniel Snyder always likes to bring in offensive talent so don’t rule out a tall WR.

Selection - Calais Campbell, DE, the U

22. Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys could use some help in the secondary. They lack depth there. They need a big NT for their 3-4 and Jay Ratliff may be leaving in FA. Jerry Jones always likes playmakers on offense.

Selection - Pat Sims, DT, Auburn

23. Pittsburg Steelers

Pittsburgh O-Line struggled at times this year and with Faneca leaving it’ll only get worse. A 3-4 DE like Balmer or CB are both considerations.

Selection - Sam Baker, OT, USC

24. Tennessee Titans

Tennessee can go a lot of different directions with this pick. DT may become a big need if Haynesworth leaves. WR or a weapon for Vince is definitely a need. The top WR or a TE like Fred Davis may help. A RDE and LB are both options.

Selection - Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State

25. Carolina Panthers f/Seattle

Carolina needs to add an OT who fits in their ZBS.

Selection - Chris Williams, OT, Vandy

26. New York Giants

This pick is either a LB or CB. A young LT is a need but the value is off but they might go that direction in Round 2 or 3. The Giants secondary is getting old and CB is one of the teams biggest weaknesses. They got Aaron Ross last year in the 1st so it might discourage them from going CB again. Torbor and Mitchell are both FA’s. I have a feeling that one of those guy will be back. Also when Gerris Wilkonsin has come in he has looked good.

Selection - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy

27. San Diego Chargers

San Diego is a hard team to pick because they are solid across the board. LB depth is an option here. A 3-4 DE like Balmer would help out a D-Line that has really struggled with staying healthy. A CB might become a bigger need if Jammer leaves. A RT gets a look here but you can find a good RT later in the draft.

Selection - Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas

28. Jacksonville Jaguars

A DE is the Jags biggest need. Jacksonville likes big athletic D-Lineman and they get one here.

Selection - Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson

29. Dallas Cowboys

Cowboys need some CB depth and that could be the pick. I think Jerry Jones goes with the BPA here. An explosive playmaker that can help in the return game is the pick.

Selection - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

30. San Francisco 49ers

With so many needs on offense and a new OC in Mike Martz they could definitely look for a WR. Andre Woodson is still around but I don’t think they’ll give up on the Alex Smith experiment quite yet. They have another pick very soon. A good WR will fall to them but talented D-Lineman suited for the 3-4 are hard to find.

Selection - Kentwan Balmer, DT/DE, North Carolina

31. Green Bay Packers

The Packers could go with the BPA here with them not having any glaring needs. CB and OT depth are both needed. A versatile DB would help out their aging corners.

Selection - Reggie Smith, CB/S, Oklahoma

KCJ58
01-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Gholston>>>Jake Long

Don Killuminati
01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
The Raiders biggest need is easily their biggest need.
Brilliant piece of analysis there.

TACKLE
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Brilliant piece of analysis there.

Ooops. My Bad. I fixed it.

Don Killuminati
01-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I still think Dorsey will be the better pro, short of going to a team that misuses him. But Ellis would also be a huge boost to our defense.

If we can get Rubin or Sims in Rd2, we'd be golden.

Bills2083
01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
good bills pick.
I wouldnt mind Malcolm Kelly there either.

Paul
01-18-2008, 07:09 PM
22. Dallas Cowboys
The Cowboys could use some help in the secondary. They lack depth there. They need a big NT for their 3-4 and Jay Ratliff may be leaving in FA. Jerry Jones always likes playmakers on offense.

Selection - Pat Sims, DT, Auburn

29. Dallas Cowboys

Cowboys need some CB depth and that could be the pick. I think Jerry Jones goes with the BPA here. An explosive playmaker that can help in the return game is the pick.

Selection - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

Jay Ratliff just signed an extension a little over a month ago, so he isn't going anywhere. But I do like the thought of picking a true NT, just not to sure that Sims is that. And Felix seems to be the sexy pick now days at that spot, I am still not a fan of RB in the 1st at all.

johbur
01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I like Mendenhall to the Cardinals. Scott posted Reggie Smith to the Packers, but I'm not a fan of that. They need a CB, not another Antuan Edwards wannabe. Anoine Cason is the Thorpe Award winner and I prefer him a lot more.

A nice mock overall.

hugegmenfan
01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
good giants pick. mckelvins stock is rising everyday.

saintsfan912
01-18-2008, 07:24 PM
If we traded up to pick up Dorsey I would be the happiest man alive! Keep the man in Louisiana, its about time we get a great DT.

Just wondering, what do you have them giving up to the Chiefs along with the 1st for the move?

jdb1972
01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
What the heck is Seattle going to offer the Panthers to drop from 13 to 25? The difference is almost the equivalent of Seattle's second and third round picks. Do you really think a team would give up all their first day picks to move up to take Stewart instead of settling for Jones?

Seasonticketholder
01-18-2008, 08:45 PM
If we traded up to pick up Dorsey I would be the happiest man alive! Keep the man in Louisiana, its about time we get a great DT.

Just wondering, what do you have them giving up to the Chiefs along with the 1st for the move?

I would love to move up and grab Dorsey. But judging by the way the draft is falling, I think the Saints could very well wait to the Baltimore pick to make this move. Both the Jets and Patriots run 3-4 defenses. They would have little use for a guy like Dorsey and could opt to take Gholston and Phillips, respectively. I know the OP put Harvey but I could see Phillips being taken over Harvey. Or if the Pats are drinking the same kool-aid that Mel Kiper is drinking, perhaps, they take Talib. The Ravens have obvious needs at QB and would not lose anything by trading down with New Orleans. They actually gain by not allowing a player like Dorsey to go to a division rival. So we could move up there and take Dorsey and would not have to surrender as much in a trade as we would if we were to move up to the #5th pick.

TACKLE
01-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Jay Ratliff just signed an extension a little over a month ago, so he isn't going anywhere. But I do like the thought of picking a true NT, just not to sure that Sims is that. And Felix seems to be the sexy pick now days at that spot, I am still not a fan of RB in the 1st at all.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that Ratliff signed an extension. Also I'm not totally sold on the Felix pick aswell but Jerry Jones would like an Arkansas guy who can be another great weapon in their offense and especially in the return game. Who would you suggest the Cowboys take at those spots?

TACKLE
01-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Scott posted Reggie Smith to the Packers, but I'm not a fan of that. They need a CB, not another Antuan Edwards wannabe. Anoine Cason is the Thorpe Award winner and I prefer him a lot more.

A nice mock overall.

For the record, I've had Reggie Smith going to the Pack a while before Scott. The reason I like him over Cason is his versatility. I think Reggie Smith is a little more athletic and can play CB, FS, NB, PR.

Yung Flippa
01-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Okay Ravens pick...Rather trade down and take a corner.

TitanHope
01-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Unless Bowman blows scouts away at the combine, I can't see him in the 1st RD. If DeSean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly are gone, then I prefer DL help.

thebow305
01-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Decent Phins pick... would rather have Vernon Gholston though.

Turtlepower
01-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Nice Giants pick. I'm happy you didn't go with the Cason hype and dropped him out of the 1st. Also, Talib's first name is Aqib, not Aquib. No "u".

LonghornsLegend
01-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Bad Dallas mock...I dont see any chance at all we leave the first rd with two picks without taking a cb, even if we signed a guy FA, we are taking a corner, you can bet on it...and Paul already said Ratliff isnt going anywhere, we also have Ferguson coming back off injury who played well before then, Tank Johnson, Ratliff, im not against NT and Sims is a good fit for us, but we wouldnt take a NT over a corner

gdamac
01-19-2008, 02:43 AM
Even with the USC connection I don't see them taking Ellis, "d be willing to bet the only reason Ellis was more productive was because Dorsey was injured.

Wyndham
01-19-2008, 07:37 AM
If the Chiefs don't rape the Saints, or any team, in a trade, they won't make one. They'd be all over Glenn Dorsey if he's available.

Jakey
01-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Good Steelers pick! Grade: A

BeerBaron
01-19-2008, 08:18 AM
otah, pretty nice. wont complain with taht

MURPHMAN
01-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I agree that Seattle probably will not give up so many picks since they need an infusion of youth on that team however I love the fact that Carolina is targeting Clady and Phillips in this mock. Two of my favorites in this whole draft.

Xiomera
01-19-2008, 09:33 AM
15. Detroit Lions

The Lions could go OT, CB, LB, DE. There not good value for an OT here. There aren’t any LB’s who fit in the Tampa 2 worth the pick here. DE gets a look but I think CB is the pick here. A fast, physical corner who can also play FS would help out the Lions.

Selection - Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin

This is a new pick for Lions fans . . . but I think we will unanimously agree that it isn't a good one. Ike is not a top 15 pick. Give us Talib or McKelvin if you wanna go CB.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-19-2008, 09:59 AM
3. Atlanta Falcons

QB is this teams biggest need, regardless of what Falcons fans say. Matt Ryan is the top QB in the draft. He is the best player and the biggest position of need. They might be able to get Andre Woodson in the 2nd round or trade up if one of the top QBs fall. But they went with need pick last year and will do it again.

Selection - [B]Darren McFadden, RB, Akansas

You through this whole thing of how we need a QB, then give us DMac? I'm not complaining, just a little weird.

And it's kind of funny how you know our biggest need, but us people who have watched the team the entire season don't.

BigDawg819
01-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Matt Ryan to Baltimore baby! I LOVE IT! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
01-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Horrible Ravens pick!

Thunder&Lightning
01-19-2008, 11:45 AM
SD not gonna pick another CB

Rich Jr
01-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I heart U and Dorsey

RaiderNation
01-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Dorsey>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellis

summond822
01-19-2008, 02:33 PM
What the heck is Seattle going to offer the Panthers to drop from 13 to 25? The difference is almost the equivalent of Seattle's second and third round picks. Do you really think a team would give up all their first day picks to move up to take Stewart instead of settling for Jones?

While I agree that the Seahawks moving from 25 to 13 isn't likely, I do love the Stewart pick. However, I don't see the Seahawks taking any RB in the first other than Stewart or McFadden (like thats gonna happen). If we do keep the 25th pick (which I expect), with stewart off the board we probably address our depth at o-line with a LT to start grooming behind Walter Jones, much as we did when we picked Chris Spencer as our replacement center a couple years ago.

bolts2388
01-19-2008, 04:18 PM
27. San Diego Chargers

San Diego is a hard team to pick because they are solid across the board. LB depth is an option here. A 3-4 DE like Balmer would help out a D-Line that has really struggled with staying healthy. A CB might become a bigger need if Jammer leaves. A RT gets a look here but you can find a good RT later in the draft.

Selection - Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas

Quentin Jammer is not leaving its Drayton Florence thats leaving.

TACKLE
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
You through this whole thing of how we need a QB, then give us DMac? I'm not complaining, just a little weird.

I thought I'd throw you off a bit. Make you think that I was going to give you Ryan than surprise you and go the other way. Sorry if you found that weird.

Caddy
01-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Solid Buc pick. Of the 'Big Three', Brohm is easily my favourite.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-19-2008, 10:22 PM
I thought I'd throw you off a bit. Make you think that I was going to give you Ryan than surprise you and go the other way. Sorry if you found that weird.

As long as we don't end up taking Ryan, I could care less.

asmitty45
01-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Give us Talib or McKelvin if you wanna go CB.

you are correct again, i want talib if we are going CB