PDA

View Full Version : 1-18-08 3 Round Mock

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Round 1

1. Miami: Chris Long, DE Virginia
Parcells leans away from Dorsey and his knees. Gholston is given a thought and McFadden as well but Long has the best value considering need and talent as well.

2. Saint Louis: Glenn Dorsey, DT Louisiana State
Tough pick. Doubt they go with Jake Long here. McFadden is a possibility but I just do not see it happening. Gholston is the next guy on the board with a rumoured move to the 3-4, but the value is not there and noone is willing to trade up to pick two. Gamble on Dorsey, but the talent is there and noone else really fits.

3. Oakland: Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
Strong running game but the talent is too much and no runningback on Oakland's roster will prevent the selection of McFadden. Sedrick Ellis is given a thought as well as Vernon Gholston but McFadden is too good to pass up.

4. Kansas City: Jake Long, OT Michigan
Really an obvious choice. Good value and a big need. Ellis is the only other player worthy of consideration.

5. Atlanta: Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
Not great value but the likely pick. Put the Falcons at 5 so I could live with myself. Noone else worthy of too much consideration.

6. New York Jets: Vernon Gholston, OLB Ohio State
7. New England:
No outstanding value here so New England listens to offers and New Orleans bites.

Trade: New Orleans 1st (10) and 3rd for New England 1st (7) and 6th (Value- 1,520 to 1,515 in New Orleans favor)

New Orleans: Sedrick Ellis, DT Southern California
New Orleans falls in love with Ellis and they get a good value here. Jump Cincinatti to get maybe the last great defensive prospect.

8. Baltimore: Derrick Harvey, DE/ OLB Florida
With Suggs maybe leaving in the near future Baltimore looks at a pass rusher. Cornerback is a big need as well but Jenkins isn't quite the value of Harvey. Should be graded right near Vernon Gholston.

9. Cincinnati: Keith Rivers, OLB Southern California
They miss out on Sedrick Ellis and grab Rivers. Although not the ideal pick he improves a porous defense. Kenny Phillips and Pat Sims get looks as well but they go with Rivers and the low bust rate of a linebacker.

10. New England: Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida
Trade down and still get one of their top guys at 7, those being Harvey and Jenkins. Better value. Kenny Phillips gets a look as well, but they go with Jenkins.

11. Buffalo:
No great values here. No cornerback or receiver presents a great value so they try to trade down and succeed.

Trade: Chicago Bears 1st (14) and 3rd for Buffalo Bills 1st (11) and 5th (Value- 1,300 to 1,287 in Chicago's favor)
Chicago: Ryan Clady, OT Boise State
Jump a couple of teams looking at Clady in Carolina and Denver. Get their guy. Look at Woodson but pass. Kenny Phillips is a thought but it passes quickly.

12. Denver: Kenny Phillips, S Miami Fl.
Although they miss out on Clady Phillips might have been their selection anyway. John Lynch is about done and they do not have a safety with Phillips combination of tackling ability, intelligence, and athleticism. Wide receiver gets a look and corner too, but no values like Phillips. OT Jeff Otah is a huge need but not the value of Phillips.

13. Carolina: Pat Sims, DT Auburn
Big projected riser and a big need. DE is looked at but no right end worthy of the pick. Woodson gets a look but they settle for what they have for the time being. Sims should impress at the combine at 6'4", 315 pounds and a good athlete. Think Corey Williams.

14. Buffalo: Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma
Still not the value they would prefer but better than at 11. Sweed gets a look but Kelly is the favorite. Talib gets a look as well but the defense is better off than the offense.

15. Detroit: Aqib Talib, CB Kansas
Defensive end and middle linebacker are equally big needs but Talib is a better value and likely will step in immediately and make an impact.

16. Arizona: Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
Big back and maybe the best player available at this point in the draft. McKelvin gets a look but Stewart is too enticing.

17. Minnesota: DeSean Jackson, WR California
Considered trading up earlier but passed and still grab him here. Gives a deep threat and a threat punt returner. Defensive end is a big need but no great pass rusher on the board, and that is what they need.

18. Houston: Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
Good value and a need. Robinson is good and Bennett looks promising but McKelvin is a top value with tons of potential.

19. Philadelphia: Curtis Lofton, LB Oklahoma
Sideline to sideline linebacker with a nose for the ball fits nicely with the Eagles. Could go at middle or outside and still succeed. Looked at trading up for DeSean Jackson or Kenny Phillips but stayed put.

20. Tampa Bay: Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
Jeff Otah looks good but Garcia is getting old and recycled QBs won't do it for too much longer. Gruden brings in a good fit for his offense who can finally settle the position.

21. Washington: Phillip Merling, DE Clemson
Passed on Jamaal Anderson last year and get a similar player here. Reggie Smith is looked at but they pass. No great CB or WR value available. Linebacker is looked at but passed on.

22. Dallas (f/ Cleveland): Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
Exlplosive back to pair with Marion Barber. Reggie Smith is looked at but Jones is too perfect for their needs, as in a explosive offensive player and a good special teamer as well.

23. Pittsburgh: Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
Another team that looks at Reggie Smith but the offensive line is in bad shape. Faneca leaving, Starks leaving, Marvel Smith one year on the contract, and Willie Colon is a more natural guard than tackle. Good value as well and can start out at right tackle.

24. Tennessee: Calais Campbell, DE Miami Fl.
Look at Limas Sweed and listen to teams wanting to trade up, but Campbell has too much potential. Good value and a big need.

25. Seattle: Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois
Get an outstanding value and fit in Mendenhall. Look at CB but no good values.

26. New York Giants: Reggie Smith, DB Oklahoma
After several teams look and pass on Reggie Smith the Giants pick him up. They could place him at CB or S, and at either position he likely would start.

27. Jacksonville: Chris Ellis, DE Virginia Tech.
Defensive end is the pick here but who? Lawrence Jackson gets a look but they are looking for a pass rushing threat. Ellis may be the best pass rusher on the board and although a slight reach he hits the need on the head.

28. San Diego: Kentwan Balmer, DE North Carolina
Good value and that is what San Diego needs. Injuries hampered them this year and a team with no glaring need won't complain about good depth and value.

29. Dallas: Patrick Lee, CB Auburn
Tough pick. CB and WR are the big needs right now, but no top values. Sweed is a big value but they need speed at WR. CB no top values. Can not get someone to trade up, so they go with their top CB. Lee I project to rise. Nice size, nice speed and can get down the field on special teams. Brandon Flowers gets a look as well.

30. San Francisco (f/ Indianapolis): Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State
Offense is the big need and it comes down to WR. Sweed is nice but Martz doesn't usually go for tall, slow guys. Usually smooth athletes, ie Roy Williams, Torry Holy, Issac Bruce, Calvin Johnson. Thomas is a guy in the mold of Roy Williams and Terrell Owens at 6'2" and 215 pounds with speed. He is the pick.

31. Green Bay: Jack Ikegonwu, CB Wisconsin
Although the top values are gone at CB it is still the pick here. Jack Ikegonwu and Flowers are the top two available but I think Ikegonwu is the pick. Flowers is probably better on field but Ikegonwu has prototypical size and speed with a physical style.

32. Forfeited by New England by video taping 'scandal'

Round 2
32. Miami: Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College
33. St. Louis: Dan Connor, LB Penn. State
34. Atlanta: Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt
35. Kansas City: Early Doucet, WR Louisiana State
36. Oakland: Dre Moore, DT Maryland
37. New York Jets: Ahtyba Rubin, NT Iowa State
38. San Francisco: Branden Albert, OL Virginia
39. Baltimore Ravens: Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech.
40. Cincinatti: Lawrence Jackson, DE Southern California
41. New Orleans: Jerod Mayo, MLB Tennessee
42. Buffalo: Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
43. Denver: Sam Baker, OT Southern California
44. Carolina: Peyton Hillis, FB/ HB Arkansas
45. Chicago: Andre Woodson, QB Kentucky
46. Detroit: Quentin Groves, DE Auburn
47. Arizona: Terrell Thomas, CB Southern California
48. Minnesota: Shawn Crable, DE Michigan
49. Atlanta: Erin Henderson, LB Maryland
50. Philadelphia: Martin Rucker, TE Missouri
51. Tampa Bay: Mario Manningham, WR Michigan
52. Washington: Adarious Bowman, WR Oklahoma State
53. Cleveland: Red Bryant, NT Texas A&M
54. Pittsburgh: Limas Sweed, WR Texas
55. Tennessee: Earl Bennett, WR Vanderbilt
56. Seattle: Fred Davis, TE Southern California
57. New York: Phillip Wheeler, OLB Georgia Tech.
58. Miami (f/ San Diego): Martellus Bennett, TE Texas A&M
59. Jacksonville: Frank Okam, DT Texas
60. Dallas: Harry Douglas, WR Louisville
61. Indianapolis: Jamaal Charles, RB Texas
62: Green Bay: Xavier Adibi, OLB Virginia Tech.
63. New England: Jonathan Goff, ILB Vanderbilt

Round 3
64. Miami: James Hardy, WR Indiana
65. Saint Louis: Wallace Gilberry, DE Alabama
66. New England (f/ Oakland): Darrell Robertson, OLB Georgia Tech.
67. Kansas City: Marcus Harrison, DT Arkansas
68. Atlanta: Ray Rice, RB Rutgers
69. New York Jets: Andre Caldwell, WR Florida
70. San Francisco: J Leman, ILB Illinois
71. Buffalo (f/ Baltimore): John Carlson, TE Notre Dame
72. Cincinnati: DeMario Pressley, DT North Carolina State
73. New England (f/ New Orleans): Steve Slaton, RB West Virginia
74. Buffalo: Roy Schuening, OG Oregon State
75. Minnesota (f/ Denver): Carl Nicks, OL Nebraska
76. Carolina: Anthony Collins, OT Kansas
77. Buffalo (f/ Chicago): Tavares Gooden, LB Miami Fl.
78. Detroit: Beau Bell, MLB UNLV
79. Arizona: Ben Moffitt, ILB South Florida
80. Minnesota: Geno Hayes, LB Florida State
81. Houston: Devone Bess, WR Hawaii
82. Philadelphia: Thomas DeCoud, S California
83. Tampa Bay: Tony Hills, OT Texas
84. Washington: Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, CB Tennessee State
85. Cleveland: Chris Johnson, RB East Carolina
86. Pittsburgh: Zack Bowman, DB Nebraska
87. Tennessee: Derek Lokey, DT Texas
88. Seattle: Tracy Porter, CB Indiana
89. New York Giants: DeJuan Tribble, CB Boston College
90. Chicago (f/ San Diego): Heath Benedict, OL Newberry
91. Jacksonville: Adrian Arrington, WR Michigan
92. Dallas: Barry Richardson, OT Clemson
93. Indianapolis: Andre Fluellen, DT Florida State
94. Green Bay: Steve Justice, C Wake Forest
95: New England: DJ Hall, WR Alabama

brat316
01-19-2008, 03:12 AM
yeha, one for AZ needs are DE/OLB for 3-4 so Dansby can shift inside. I think a rb is a good pick for them, but they can get a decent one in round 2 or 3, they need someone to split the carries. Cb is another position, which u addresed in round 2.

Eagles in round 1 i don't see why they would take a lb, that probably one position they are looking good at in a long time. A cb like McLevin could be a pick, cb with return ability, or OT. Second pick TE sure, don't know much about the guy, third Demps from UTEP, would be better or a cb, like Cromartie

Steelers why take Sweed he doesn't even have that great of game speed, rather Earl Bennet, than him in the second. Other than that good picks at least need wise with OT, and DB

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Sweed just had the value edge. Also the Steelers lack a big guy; Ward, Holmes, Washington, and Wilson are all 6'2 or under.

brat316
01-19-2008, 03:29 AM
yeah but the TE are usually the red zone targets they are 6'5 and 6'7

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Yeah, but there are things a TE can not do that a WR can. Fade routes for example. Sweed and Holmes are like opposite receivers, good compliments.

And I assume Sweed's draft grade is higher.

BeerBaron
01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
huh, 2 lineman to the bears and a trade. interesting strategy....though imnot sure i like clady enough over otah to justify the trade up.

woodson in round 2 is amazing, and benedict....benedict....hmm. not a bad developmental prospect but i think the bears need a S, RB or WR a little too much there to take another tackle

Kurve
01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
I very much like !!! DMAC and Moore :D

thebow305
01-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Decent Phins mock... that would really upgrade our offense..... but the trouble is, we need much more defesne, we cant spend 3 of our first 4 picks on the O... that would not be good.

neko4
01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Like the first 2 Packer Picks, C isnt that much a need

Chucky
01-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Love the Bucs Draft, would probably prefer to take a CB in the 3rd instead of hills, but hills is still a good pick

imprint3454
01-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Interesting mock. The thing about the Bears trading up is general manager Jerry Angelo does not like to trade up. He prefers, if possible, to trade down or even out of the first round.

scottyboy
01-19-2008, 10:28 AM
ohh that's a gorgeous giants draft.

Turtlepower
01-19-2008, 10:39 AM
ohh that's a gorgeous giants draft.

I agree, but make Reggie Smith a CB. We already have 2 FS in Gibril Wilson (assuming he is resigned) and Michael Johnson. We need Reggie Smith to play CB for us opposite Ross.

Hines
01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I like the first pick. Give us Bennett in the second. I dont like Bowman and I dont think he will be drafted. Give us Porter at that spot.

BigDawg819
01-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Horrible first round pick for the Ravens, absolutely horrible. Although I am a fan of the Flowers pick in the second. But Harvey at 8 is such a reach that its ridiculous.

Bills2083
01-19-2008, 11:53 AM
PERFECT Bills mock

1st: Malcolm Kelly
2nd: Antoine Cason
3rd: John Carlson
3rd: Roy Scheuning
3rd: Tavares Gooden

Damix
01-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I like the first two rounds for the Giants, but even though I'm a BC fan, I am not a Tribble fan

Sniper
01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
19. Philadelphia: Curtis Lofton, LB Oklahoma

50. Philadelphia: Martin Rucker, TE Missouri

82. Philadelphia: Thomas DeCoud, S California

Not a big fan of the first rounder. LB isn't as big a need as other positions as I think Stewart Bradley will get a shot to start when Takeo Spikes leaves. With the imminent release of Jevon Kearse and Darren Howard, Calais Campbell is a logical pick there. We also could use some depth in the secondary, so Jack Ikegwuonu, a big corner who could probably play some FS, and Reggie Smith, a safety who can dabble at corner, would be great here.

Rucker in the second is a great pick and fulfills a need for a playmaking TE. You really can't go wrong at this pick with either Rucker, Fred Davis or Martellus Bennett.

Not a DeCoud fan at all. I'd much prefer to see Tony Hills, Barry Richardson or Adrian Arrington here.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 12:13 PM
huh, 2 lineman to the bears and a trade. interesting strategy....though imnot sure i like clady enough over otah to justify the trade up.

woodson in round 2 is amazing, and benedict....benedict....hmm. not a bad developmental prospect but i think the bears need a S, RB or WR a little too much there to take another tackle

I see a big dropoff from Clady to Otah, although neither will dominate from day one. You are probably right on the offensive lineman, I saw Benedict as a guy who could play tackle or guard but never the less I should have looked RB there. WR value was gone, and safety value was average. When I do my next one I will go with one of those. Not sure how Kevin Smith and Mike Hart compliment Benson though. I might go with Tashard Choice. I could see the Bears looking at DJ Wolfe or Tyrell Johnson.

I very much like !!! DMAC and Moore :D

I considered defensive end until I remembered an Oakland fan saying not one defensive tackle on your team should be a NFL starter.

Decent Phins mock... that would really upgrade our offense..... but the trouble is, we need much more defesne, we cant spend 3 of our first 4 picks on the O... that would not be good.

Miami really is an open book. Old on defense and most positions open on offense. In a review I'll probably pass on Hardy, but I think Bennett is a great value and Cherilus is a nice fit for Sparano.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Not a big fan of the first rounder. LB isn't as big a need as other positions as I think Stewart Bradley will get a shot to start when Takeo Spikes leaves. With the imminent release of Jevon Kearse and Darren Howard, Calais Campbell is a logical pick there. We also could use some depth in the secondary, so Jack Ikegwuonu, a big corner who could probably play some FS, and Reggie Smith, a safety who can dabble at corner, would be great here.

Rucker in the second is a great pick and fulfills a need for a playmaking TE. You really can't go wrong at this pick with either Rucker, Fred Davis or Martellus Bennett.

Not a DeCoud fan at all. I'd much prefer to see Tony Hills, Barry Richardson or Adrian Arrington here.

Alright. I considered Smith but for some reason defensive end did not cross my mind. I like DeCoud, but that is me. I've seen a lot of Eagles fans say no WR, but that could just be round 1. Bigger need at safety or corner? I hear DB a lot, but not too specific. I've never been a Considine fan, but I don't watch the Eagles but 3 to 4 times a year.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 12:18 PM

Couldn't really think of big needs. Young team so I went with a good fit and value. Justice would fit nicely in the zone blocking scheme.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I like the first pick. Give us Bennett in the second. I dont like Bowman and I dont think he will be drafted. Give us Porter at that spot.

You may be right on Bowman, I think he rises pre draft but maybe not. Saw the need at DB, both FS and CB.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 12:25 PM

Couldn't really think of big needs. Young team so I went with a good fit and value. Justice would fit nicely in the zone blocking scheme.

Love the Bucs Draft, would probably prefer to take a CB in the 3rd instead of hills, but hills is still a good pick

I saw a good value and went with it, where as CB was somewhat depleted. Maybe Tribble in the next mock.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Horrible first round pick for the Ravens, absolutely horrible. Although I am a fan of the Flowers pick in the second. But Harvey at 8 is such a reach that its ridiculous.

I think he grades out close to Gholston by the time the draft comes around.

hugegmenfan
01-19-2008, 12:41 PM
good giants draft

BaLLiN
01-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Love Giants draft
Reggie Smith S/CB
Phillip Wheeler OLB
DeJuan Tribble CB

Improves secondary, and with a cover safety and a faster OLB we can handle the TE's in the NFC East that seem to kill us. In the third its possible we go with a deep threat WR, but it is still an amazing draft.

Bengals78
01-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Good bengals draft, well, anything all defense would tickle my fancy

Seasonticketholder
01-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Great draft for the Saints!

Xiomera
01-19-2008, 01:57 PM
CB + DE + MLB = Great Lions Mock

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Great draft for the Saints!

CB + DE + MLB = Great Lions Mock

I think both of these teams (Saints and Lions) made out really well. The Saints missed out on CB but picked up some great values and players. The Lions got perfect fits for the cover/ tampa 2 in Talib (CB), Groves (Right DE), and Bell (MLB).

gsorace
01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I approve of this Jets mock

Jay
01-19-2008, 04:37 PM
10. New England: Mike Jenkins, CB South Florid
63. New England: Jonathan Goff, ILB Vanderbilt
66. New England (f/ Oakland): Darrell Robertson, OLB Georgia Tech.
73. New England (f/ New Orleans): Steve Slaton, RB West Virginia
95: New England: DJ Hall, WR Alabama

I really don't think I would complain, at all, about this. Though I don't know that the Pats would really need to spend a third round pick on a WR. Would think they'd try to grab another DB or maybe some DL help before then but if DJ Hall is the BPA there, then yeah, I guess that'd be who they would take...

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I really don't think I would complain, at all, about this. Though I don't know that the Pats would really need to spend a third round pick on a WR. Would think they'd try to grab another DB or maybe some DL help before then but if DJ Hall is the BPA there, then yeah, I guess that'd be who they would take...

I thought about DB there, but 3-4 DL is weak this draft. Hall is probably the BPA and someone said Stallworth might be gone.

Man_Of_Steel
01-19-2008, 07:31 PM
I would literally killl for that Steelers draft.

foozball
01-19-2008, 08:02 PM
texans WILL NOT take another WR in the 3rd round this year...we did that last year buddy. plus we already have a #2 WR in kevin walter who had 800 yards receiving...and andre davis is a FA priority...and jacoby jones is a promising guy. you didnt address RB or OT

Caddy
01-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Overall solid draft for the Bucs, particularly getting Mannigham in the 2nd. I would however like to see CB or DL addressed somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 08:33 PM
texans WILL NOT take another WR in the 3rd round this year...we did that last year buddy. plus we already have a #2 WR in kevin walter who had 800 yards receiving...and andre davis is a FA priority...and jacoby jones is a promising guy. you didnt address RB or OT

I forgot about Walter. Figured you would let Davis go an have Andre Davis and Jacoby Jones outside with Bess in the slot. But Walter changes some things. I will probably put Kevin Smith in there for round 3. Not wild about the offensive tackle value but Smith would be a good fit.

ripdw27
01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
beautiful denver draft, just take out the comment about a WR in the first.. we were solid when javon was hurt and its not a pressing enough need to take one in the 1st. would love phillips and baker tho nice picks man

energizerbunny
01-19-2008, 09:48 PM
good Texans pick, great value and actually is a very similar prospect to Dunta.

T-Rat42
01-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Amazing Vikings draft!

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
beautiful denver draft, just take out the comment about a WR in the first.. we were solid when javon was hurt and its not a pressing enough need to take one in the 1st. would love phillips and baker tho nice picks man

I think Stokley is a pure slot guy so I'm not sure who will stick outside with Marshall, but it wasn't considered too much. Really came down to offensive tackle and safety.

tjsunstein
01-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Tackle over Center in the 3rd for Green Bay.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Tackle over Center in the 3rd for Green Bay.

Yeah, really could not think of where to go. I will likely go RB, OT, or OLB with the pick next time.

jackalope
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Good first 2 rounds for Green Bay, but we definitely don't need a center.

thebow305
01-20-2008, 12:02 AM
I see a big dropoff from Clady to Otah, although neither will dominate from day one. You are probably right on the offensive lineman, I saw Benedict as a guy who could play tackle or guard but never the less I should have looked RB there. WR value was gone, and safety value was average. When I do my next one I will go with one of those. Not sure how Kevin Smith and Mike Hart compliment Benson though. I might go with Tashard Choice. I could see the Bears looking at DJ Wolfe or Tyrell Johnson.

I considered defensive end until I remembered an Oakland fan saying not one defensive tackle on your team should be a NFL starter.

Miami really is an open book. Old on defense and most positions open on offense. In a review I'll probably pass on Hardy, but I think Bennett is a great value and Cherilus is a nice fit for Sparano.

I agree... Cherilus and Bennett are great... but I think we would pass on Hardy there. I still wouldn't be pissed if we did take him though, our offense would be ballin then! The more practical pick there would probably be Cromartie or Porter though.

JCutlery
01-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Awesome Denver draft!!

Don Killuminati
01-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Might go Rubin over Moore for Oakland.

dbtb135
01-20-2008, 04:29 AM
20. Tampa Bay: Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
Jeff Otah looks good but Garcia is getting old and recycled QBs won't do it for too much longer. Gruden brings in a good fit for his offense who can finally settle the position.

51. Tampa Bay: Mario Manningham, WR Michigan

83. Tampa Bay: Tony Hills, OT Texas
86. Pittsburgh: Zack Bowman, DB Nebraska
88. Seattle: Tracy Porter, CB Indiana
89. New York Giants: DeJuan Tribble, CB Boston College

Brohm pick is great. Manningham pick is perfect. Hills isn't terrible, but I think we go with a CB here. Preferably Porter or Tribble.

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Might go Rubin over Moore for Oakland.

Really? While he seems to be rising I think Rubin is getting overrated. His career was not stellar and the only reason his stock is rising is because the lack of nose tackles in the draft.

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Brohm pick is great. Manningham pick is perfect. Hills isn't terrible, but I think we go with a CB here. Preferably Porter or Tribble.

That seems to be the consensus. I will probably slide DeJuan Tribble there after I change the mock.

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 08:15 AM
I agree... Cherilus and Bennett are great... but I think we would pass on Hardy there. I still wouldn't be pissed if we did take him though, our offense would be ballin then! The more practical pick there would probably be Cromartie or Porter though.

Yeah, ya'll haven't had a playmaking corner for a while. I think Porter might be a bigger playmaker at the moment but Cromartie has tons of potential. 6'2", 180, 4.40 40 speed and hands to pick off balls. Tough decision. Probably Porter though, he isn't 6'2" but 5'11", 185, 4.45 40 yard dash and good hands isn't bad and he can come in right away.

21ST
01-20-2008, 11:16 AM
decent redskins draft, not very realistic at all though

OSUGiants17
01-20-2008, 11:23 AM
LOVE the Giants draft

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 11:31 AM
decent redskins draft, not very realistic at all though

Why is that? I thought you made out very well, just missed a linebacker.

yuccaneers
01-20-2008, 12:48 PM
The Bucs have much greater needs then a QB in the first, with needs at RB, WR, DT, CB, C, DE

Luke McCown warrants a longer look thus allowing the team to look at the third to fourth round for a QB. not to mention Brohm doesnt fit Grudens mold of a west coast qb.

Manningham in the second is a great pick, but rumor has it he is a malcontent.

Hills in the third will the team has Trueblood, Petitgout and Penn NOT SURE the third round is the time to pull the trigger on a TACKLE

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 01:17 PM
The Bucs have much greater needs then a QB in the first, with needs at RB, WR, DT, CB, C, DE

Luke McCown warrants a longer look thus allowing the team to look at the third to fourth round for a QB. not to mention Brohm doesnt fit Grudens mold of a west coast qb.

Manningham in the second is a great pick, but rumor has it he is a malcontent.

Hills in the third will the team has Trueblood, Petitgout and Penn NOT SURE the third round is the time to pull the trigger on a TACKLE

RB? I think Earnest Graham and Cadillac are at least good enough to not take a RB round 1.

yuccaneers
01-20-2008, 02:01 PM
With Carnell Williams still hobbling around as early as this past week, the team needs to prepare for life with out Williams, thus they need for RB is a high priority this off-season.With both Pittman and Bennett being free agents and Earnest Graham hiring DR as his new agent and wanting a pay raise the team might find the better route is to draft a RB in the first with as deep a class that it is his year. With very few quality RB being free agents

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 02:05 PM
IDK, maybe. Next mock I will probably look there in round 4 or 5. CB, WR, QB I think are bigger needs but you would probably know better.

yuccaneers
01-20-2008, 02:21 PM
QB is not as big a need as some might think, the team has five QB's under contract Garcia, McCown, Gradkowski, Simms and Plummer. The teams Top needs are in order.
1. DT
2. WR
3. RB
4. C
5. CB
6. QB
7. DE
8. LB

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I added a CB in the revision over Hills, but probably need to squeeze a DT in the first 3 rounds.

For a playoff team ya'll have quite a few needs. Not sure about the DT value for any of your picks though. Most would be reaches.

yuccaneers
01-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Value wise a DT in the first round is not there, that is why RB over receiver in the first because it is tough to see the field in Grudens offense as a rookie receiver.

Matthew Jones
01-20-2008, 02:41 PM
The trade makes the Mike Jenkins pick a little easier to swallow. Still, I don't see why the Patriots would refuse to give big money to Asante Samuel and then give it to a rookie. On top of that, I think Jenkins is severely overrated in this draft, but that's just me. His value to me is a late-first, so to me that's a big reach. I like Dan Connor there, but most people probably wouldn't go with that.

In the second, Jonathan Goff has probably played his way out of the second round. He was decent in the Shrine Game but according to most reports he wasn't overly impressive in practice and probably dropped into the third or fourth. Were looking for the right position though, ILB is a bigger need than CB IMO even if Samuel leaves.

I like Robertson in the fifth or so, but the third is very early for him, and if we re-sign Mike Vrabel, OLB really isn't a pick we should be making. Vrabel and Thomas are clearly far superior outside and finding inside linebackers to compliment them is a bigger need.

I hate Steve Slaton as a prospect. Nice player, but a complete wimp and doesn't play in big games. In New England, every game is a big game and we don't need some diva running back faking injuries to get off the field during an impending loss.

D.J. Hall is a weird pick. Stallworth probably won't be back, but we have people like Chad Jackson and Kelley Washington that could potentially fill that "tall wide receiver" role.

Looking back on it, I might have went with Kenny Phillips in the first if you're not buying Dan Connor. Rodney Harrison is getting old and it looks like the Patriots are going to use Meriweather as a cornerback, even though he has bricks for hands. Maybe Ray Rice in the second round as a decent value, Leman at #66 and Gooden at #73 (both as potential 3-4 ILBs for years to come if they pan out), and since I'm too lazy to check at which guards lasted until the fourth, Hall is okay, or BPA at guard.

etk
01-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Decent Bucs mock. Brohm and Hills are decent picks but not ideal. I like the Manningham pick.

I'd go with:

1. Calais Campbell
2. Manningham
3. CB. I think Charles Godfrey was available so I'd like him.

Those are our 3 biggest needs IMO and all 3 players are great value.

bearsfan_51
01-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Peyton Hills in the 2nd round? Are you on drugs?

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 03:23 PM
The trade makes the Mike Jenkins pick a little easier to swallow. Still, I don't see why the Patriots would refuse to give big money to Asante Samuel and then give it to a rookie. On top of that, I think Jenkins is severely overrated in this draft, but that's just me. His value to me is a late-first, so to me that's a big reach. I like Dan Connor there, but most people probably wouldn't go with that.

In the second, Jonathan Goff has probably played his way out of the second round. He was decent in the Shrine Game but according to most reports he wasn't overly impressive in practice and probably dropped into the third or fourth. Were looking for the right position though, ILB is a bigger need than CB IMO even if Samuel leaves.

I like Robertson in the fifth or so, but the third is very early for him, and if we re-sign Mike Vrabel, OLB really isn't a pick we should be making. Vrabel and Thomas are clearly far superior outside and finding inside linebackers to compliment them is a bigger need.

I hate Steve Slaton as a prospect. Nice player, but a complete wimp and doesn't play in big games. In New England, every game is a big game and we don't need some diva running back faking injuries to get off the field during an impending loss.

D.J. Hall is a weird pick. Stallworth probably won't be back, but we have people like Chad Jackson and Kelley Washington that could potentially fill that "tall wide receiver" role.

Looking back on it, I might have went with Kenny Phillips in the first if you're not buying Dan Connor. Rodney Harrison is getting old and it looks like the Patriots are going to use Meriweather as a cornerback, even though he has bricks for hands. Maybe Ray Rice in the second round as a decent value, Leman at #66 and Gooden at #73 (both as potential 3-4 ILBs for years to come if they pan out), and since I'm too lazy to check at which guards lasted until the fourth, Hall is okay, or BPA at guard.

Thanks for the imput. I like Jenkins with the trade down but the rest sounds accurate.

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Peyton Hills in the 2nd round? Are you on drugs?

I will probably put him in round 3 next time, I just really liked the fit with the Panthers.

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Decent Bucs mock. Brohm and Hills are decent picks but not ideal. I like the Manningham pick.

I'd go with:

1. Calais Campbell
2. Manningham
3. CB. I think Charles Godfrey was available so I'd like him.

Those are our 3 biggest needs IMO and all 3 players are great value.

Godfrey I put in the altered mock so he probably is not available but I might go with Tribble there.

Vikes99ej
01-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't know if Childress will pick a WR in the first round, but I like him none the less. Give us Fred Davis instead of Shawn Crable in the second round.

BamaFalcon59
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't know if Childress will pick a WR in the first round, but I like him none the less. Give us Fred Davis instead of Shawn Crable in the second round.

In the edited mock Crable becomes Groves. Is that any better or is TE just a bigger need?

Don Killuminati
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Really? While he seems to be rising I think Rubin is getting overrated. His career was not stellar and the only reason his stock is rising is because the lack of nose tackles in the draft.
No argument. But I also think Moore's hot/cold nature may hurt him a bit more than some think. Not that I don't like the guy. I'd be happy with him. But a guy like Rubin who can keep our LBs clean would be a real gem of a pick.

My luck, the idiot in charge of the team takes McFadden and whatever WRs perks up his shriveled unit and we again rely on scrub FA additions across the D-line. If that happens, I'm probably done with them.

SteelCityNightmare
01-21-2008, 06:34 AM
This would not hurt my feelings if this was the Steelers draft. Wished SF picked Sweed though in hopes that Thomas would fall to us.

D-Rod
01-21-2008, 08:18 AM
If the Falcons do take Ryan - and it's rather likely, i suspect - then the rest of the first three rounds couldn't work out much better than that.

Maybe I'd prefer Baker over Williams, not quite sure at the minute. Would depend somewhat on the combine and the new coaching staff.

BamaFalcon59
01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
If the Falcons do take Ryan - and it's rather likely, i suspect - then the rest of the first three rounds couldn't work out much better than that.

Maybe I'd prefer Baker over Williams, not quite sure at the minute. Would depend somewhat on the combine and the new coaching staff.

I like Williams bulk over Baker. Baker might be a slightly better pass protector but Williams has not been a slouch the past couple of years.

BamaFalcon59
01-21-2008, 12:16 PM
This would not hurt my feelings if this was the Steelers draft. Wished SF picked Sweed though in hopes that Thomas would fall to us.

I think Thomas is a good fit too.

FS or CB?

Sweed is a nice value though.

ABWA757
01-22-2008, 07:55 AM
A Awesome Bills mock draft.