PDA

View Full Version : Dorsey and Carriker

Tom_23
01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Everyone talks about how drafting Dorsey moves Carriker to DE, couldn't we keep Carriker at NT and have Dorsey replacing Glover at the UT, giving us an awesome young tandem up the middle?

fenikz
01-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Are you guys really playing Carriker at NT?

no wonder your defense was so terrible, who is the genius who decided to make that move?

nfrillman
01-19-2008, 04:33 PM

no wonder your defense was so terrible, who is the genius who decided to make that move?

Yes they really are, and he played well. You couldn't tell by the stats, but the defense was a lot better this year. The DT's, Witherspoon, and the secondary minus Chavous were all bright spots. With that being said, I would mind drafting Dorsey. I think Ryan may have a bright future, but not drafting Dorsey because of him would be questionable.

My Big Board for the Rams, assuming they stay at two:
Chris Long
Glenn Dorsey
Jake Long- not real excited about him though

NGSeiler
01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Actually once Ryan began to emerge, Carriker saw more time as the under tackle.

But I agree, I'm not keen on drafting Dorsey when we already have a first round pick UT on the roster. And I don't like the idea of moving Carriker to DE in the 4-3.

Tom_23
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Clifton played well, but I'm not 100% sold on him. How would you feel about a trade back into the 7-10 Area and picking up Sedrick Ellis, he is considered a strong pass rushing DT, which we certainly need a passs rush

NGSeiler
01-19-2008, 11:46 PM
...I'd rather just stay put and take Chris Long. ;)

holt_bruce81
01-20-2008, 05:05 PM

Watch Carriker play before you make a statement like that.

fenikz
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Watch Carriker play before you make a statement like that.

Was he playing against the Cardinals? I don't recall him doing anything, Atogwe looks like he is going to be good & Witherspoon is solid, but other than that I think you need to rebuild your defense

BTW in the 1st game between the Cardinals and Rams who picked off Warner t& Leinart was it Fakhir Brown(SP?) some reason on ESPN it says that Milford Brown did it and I know that can't be right

no love
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM
That would be a crazy combo in the middle. Probably could grow into a line like Jacksonville.

nfrillman
01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Was he playing against the Cardinals? I don't recall him doing anything, Atogwe looks like he is going to be good & Witherspoon is solid, but other than that I think you need to rebuild your defense

BTW in the 1st game between the Cardinals and Rams who picked off Warner t& Leinart was it Fakhir Brown(SP?) some reason on ESPN it says that Milford Brown did it and I know that can't be right

Yeah, that was Fakhir Brown, or else the Rams were running the questionable D of putting an O-lineman in coverage.

holt_bruce81
01-24-2008, 02:29 PM

Yea, cuz DTs are supposed to have monster stats right?

Carriker played very well his 1st year with the Rams, and I was impressed with how well his transition went from DE to DT.

fenikz
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Yea, cuz DTs are supposed to have monster stats right?

Carriker played very well his 1st year with the Rams, and I was impressed with how well his transition went from DE to DT.

Didn't say that just didn't notice him, not necessarily a good or bad thing probably just means he was trying to do his job

holt_bruce81
01-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Didn't say that just didn't notice him, not necessarily a good or bad thing probably just means he was trying to do his job

Obviously you think playing Carriker at NT is a bad idea, looking at your previous quote.

fenikz
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I think he would be a much better fit at UT or LDE, it would be like putting Chris Long at NT

KCJ58
01-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Carriker and Chris Long, then Gholston and Carriker, then Dorsey, then Jake Long

rockio42
01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
what about taking a big guy like pat sims out of auburn in the second and getting a big run stuffer

rockio42
01-30-2008, 11:13 AM
or how bout this Dl rotation

RDE - Vernon Gholston
NT- Pat Sims
UT - La'Roi Glover/ Clifton Ryan
LDE - Adam Carriker

and then on third down we do like the packers and

RDE - Vernon Gholston
NT - Adam Carriker
UT- La'Roi Glover
LDE - Victor Edyanju/Leanard Little