PDA

View Full Version : leodis McKelvin?

jbombul
01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
I was looking at this guy, and he seems just what we need for our defense. I wasn't really high on taking a cb in the first round, but we need another starter at least. This guy has good size, hes fast, and he can tackle. He also helps us out in the return game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBZppozX2WE

god i hate chris spielman

Addict
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
We use a tampa 2, we can get that type of corner in the second, we have too many needs to attend to a position we don't need in the first in the first

Yes that sentence makes sense, if you don't believe read it again.

Scotty D
01-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Have we ever taken a small school sleepr under Millen?

Addict
01-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Have we ever taken a small school sleepr under Millen?

eh.... Johnny Baldwin was from a small school wasn't he? Drew Stanton?

Hell you probably know the answer

jbombul
01-19-2008, 05:41 PM
we should give it a try. obviously big prospects from big schools arent the answer with our team *rolls eyes*

Brodeur
01-19-2008, 07:00 PM
eh.... Johnny Baldwin was from a small school wasn't he? Drew Stanton?

Hell you probably know the answer

Michigan State is a small college? And Baldwin doesn't count because he was cut before he could do anything.

Xiomera
01-20-2008, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't say Troy is a small, sleeper college exactly . . . Demarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora are both from Troy . . .

I like McKelvin a lot. Especially because of his return abilities.

Normally I would agree that CB should take a back seat to other positions since we run a Cover 2, but because we need 2 starting CB's, and not 1, I think it trumps positions like DE and OT.

MLB is our greatest need, but no Laurinatis or Maualuga = no value at the top.

wingboy2999
01-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah the guy has talent but is he suited for a Cover 2? Can he tackle? He might be wasting his talents playing for us. I don't know much about him, just going off of what Scott wrote and what else I've found online. I think we may be better served going OL/DL in round 1 and then CB in round 2. Although we could a stud, it isn't a huge need for us.

Brothgar
01-20-2008, 01:48 PM
What about Anthony Cannon I think he is still on the team

wingboy2999
01-20-2008, 03:41 PM
And yes, his return ability will help a ton for us.

DChess
01-20-2008, 03:46 PM
take dwight lowery in the fourth, and get the CB who fits your scheme and has great return skills. works for everyone

Addict
01-20-2008, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't say Troy is a small, sleeper college exactly . . . Demarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora are both from Troy . . .

I like McKelvin a lot. Especially because of his return abilities.

Normally I would agree that CB should take a back seat to other positions since we run a Cover 2, but because we need 2 starting CB's, and not 1, I think it trumps positions like DE and OT.

MLB is our greatest need, but no Laurinatis or Maualuga = no value at the top.

WHAT WE FREAKING NEED IS A WINNING SEASON

P-L
01-20-2008, 10:22 PM
McKelvin is a good man-to-man guy, but struggles in zone coverage.

P-L
01-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Michigan State is a small college?
We don't call them "little" brother for nothing...

asmitty45
01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
We don't call them "little" brother for nothing...

Pretty sure we've got more kids, and a lot less unwarranted arrogance.

asmitty45
01-24-2008, 03:39 PM
and i really want McKelvin. not only is he gonna be a very good CB, he's a playmaker both on D and in the return man.

WMD
01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Pretty sure we've got more kids, and a lot less unwarranted arrogance.

Unwarranted? When did they last win the Big 10? When is the last time they even came close to a National Championship? Hell, when is the last time MSU could even say they played an important game? Michigan State will always be inferior to, and jealous of, Michigan. ALWAYS!!!