PDA

View Full Version : Eaglesfan605's 1st Mock of the Year - 1 Round Mock with Four Round Eagles Mock Draft

eaglesfan605
01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Round 1

1. Miami Dolphins – Chris Long DE Virginia

2. St. Louis Rams – Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

3. Atlanta Falcons – Darren McFadden HB Arkansas

4. Oakland Raiders - Sedrick Ellis DT USC

5. Kansas City Chiefs – Jake Long OT Michigan

6. New York Jets – Vernon Gholston DE/OLB Ohio State

7. New England Patriots (f/San Francisco) – Kenny Phillips S Miami

8. Baltimore Ravens – Mike Jenkins CB USF

9. Cincinnati Bengals – Keith Rivers OLB USC

10. New Orleans Saints – Ryan Clady OT Boise State

11. Buffalo Bills – Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma

12. Denver Broncos – Reggie Smith S/CB Oklahoma

13. Carolina Panthers – Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

14. Chicago Bears – Rashard Mendenhall HB Illinois

15. Detroit Lions – Andre Woodson QB Kentucky

16. Arizona Cardinals – Jonathan Stewart HB Oregon

17. Minnesota Vikings – Derrick Harvey DE Florida

18. Houston Texans – Felix Jones HB Arkansas

19. Philadelphia Eagles – Phillip Merling DE Clemson

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DeSean Jackson WR California

21. Washington Redskins – Calais Campbell DE Miami

22. Dallas Cowboys (f/Cleveland) - Leodis McKelvin CB Troy

23. Pittsburgh Steelers – Sam Baker OT USC

24. Tennessee Titans – Mario Manningham WR Michigan

25. Seattle Seahawks – Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M

26. Jacksonville Jaguars – Quentin Groves DE Auburn

27. San Diego Chargers – Kentwan Balmer DE/DT North Carolina

28. Dallas Cowboys – Limas Sweed WR Texas

29. San Francisco 49ers (f/Colts) – James Hardy WR Indiana

30. Green Bay Packers – Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin

31. New York Giants – Dan Connor LB Penn State

32. New England Patriots (forfeited)

Eagles Draft – First Four Rounds

Round 1 – Phillip Merling DE Clemson

Round 2 – John Carlson TE Notre Dame

Round 3 – Charles Godfrey CB/S Iowa

Round 4 – Donnie Avery WR/KR/PR Houston

Any and all criticism, complements, comments, or idea's are welcome. I'll make another mock soon with analysis for the first round and I'll add a second round.

iloxygenil
01-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Can't argue with that for the Falcons. I mean i could, but if he's there it's hard to pass on that guy even though Long may fit a bigger need.

saintsfan912
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Why in the hell would the Saints pick a OT this early?

regoob2
01-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I like the Mendenahall pick its different then every other mock, but I doubt Brohm falls out of round 1.

eaglesfan605
01-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Why in the hell would the Saints pick a OT this early?

There wouldn't be any value at their positions of need, such as LB or CB. The Saint's RT Jon Stinchcomb isn't that good and by drafting Ryan Clady they can move Jamaal Brown back to his natural position position of RT. Plus Clady has a chance to be a great, if not elite LT.

I like the Mendenahall pick its different then every other mock, but I doubt Brohm falls out of round 1.

Thanks for the response. I agree with you about Brohm, but I'm not sure about him. However, in my my next mock he'll probably be in the first round.

saintsfan912
01-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Nah, if anything, they would trade down and pick defense. No way we pick offense with a first when there are plenty of OTs with value later in the draft.

eaglesfan605
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Nah, if anything, they would trade down and pick defense. No way we pick offense with a first when there are plenty of OTs with value later in the draft.

You know the Saints better than I do, but trades are too hard to predict, so I just went with what I felt was the best value for them at that spot. Who do you think, out of the available people, would make the best pick for the Saints at #10?

saintsfan912
01-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I really like McKlevin and Reggie Smith. Agree about trades and being unpredictable. Would rather either of them than an Olineman cause the line wasn't that bad. Stinch is still getting better and will be ok.

eaglesfan605
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I really like McKlevin and Reggie Smith. Agree about trades and being unpredictable. Would rather either of them than an Olineman cause the line wasn't that bad. Stinch is still getting better and will be ok.

Thanks for all of your responses. I might give them Reggie Smith in my next mock because I think 10 is too high for McKelvin. You would have gotten Keith Rivers, but he went one pick before the Saints to the Bengals.

LonghornsLegend
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Did you give us Limas Sweed as punishment? I doubt we go wr and if we do it wouldnt be him, it would be Bowman over him, but still thats just a bad pick for us in the 1st rd

eaglesfan605
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Did you give us Limas Sweed as punishment? I doubt we go wr and if we do it wouldnt be him, it would be Bowman over him, but still thats just a bad pick for us in the 1st rd

I didnt really know who to give them but I went with Sweed because of the Texas thing. I was thinking of giving then Chris Johnson the HB from ECU, but I felt it was too early for him and that McKelvin was already a kick and punt returner. Who do you think that I should have given them with all of the people available?

Bills2083
01-20-2008, 09:37 PM
good Bills pick.

eaglesfan605
01-20-2008, 10:07 PM
good Bills pick.

Thanks for the complement.

hugegmenfan
01-20-2008, 10:35 PM
seriously 4 hours ago, i would not have thought the connor pick would b a good pick for the giants, i wanted secondary help. but corey webster has earned his honor and redeemed himself. him and ross are two young good CBS so im happy with the pick.
SAfety is def our biggest issue, we need to replace james butler- but its a good pick

Thunder&Lightning
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
good chargers pick

A Perfect Score
01-20-2008, 11:18 PM
definately best possible ravens pick...if i see us get matt ryan one more time i will transform into a grizzly bear and eat someones face. I hate that idea more then life itself, considering troy smith played very well down the stretch and if you wanna talk about intangibles, troy smith poons matt ryan anyways. I dunno about the value, but jenkins is the best CB in the draft and thats the best possible pick.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
good Oakland pick.

skiinginNJ
01-20-2008, 11:43 PM
you got merling twice

jj45
01-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Thank u someone with some sense
Mendenhall is a perfect pick for us, we need a back more then a qb in the first round this draft has a good depth at the postion, and we can pick up one later( or free agent)

eaglesfan605
01-20-2008, 11:56 PM
seriously 4 hours ago, i would not have thought the connor pick would b a good pick for the giants, i wanted secondary help. but corey webster has earned his honor and redeemed himself. him and ross are two young good CBS so im happy with the pick.
SAfety is def our biggest issue, we need to replace james butler- but its a good pick

Thanks. Webster did play really well today. You are right about safety being the Giants biggest need but there is nobody there at safety who has first round value.

definately best possible ravens pick...if i see us get matt ryan one more time i will transform into a grizzly bear and eat someones face. I hate that idea more then life itself, considering troy smith played very well down the stretch and if you wanna talk about intangibles, troy smith poons matt ryan anyways. I dunno about the value, but jenkins is the best CB in the draft and thats the best possible pick.

I also think Troy Smith is going to do well and I don't like any of the QB's in this draft a whole lot. I think it is a good value pick because the Ravens have nothing after McAllister and Rolle.

you got merling twice

I know. I put the entire NFL's mock draft first and then put the Eagles first four rounds after that.

Thank u someone with some sense
Mendenhall is a perfect pick for us, we need a back more then a qb in the first round this draft has a good depth at the postion, and we can pick up one later( or free agent)

I'll trade you McNabb if you want.

Rich Jr
01-20-2008, 11:59 PM
There wouldn't be any value at their positions of need, such as LB or CB. The Saint's RT Jon Stinchcomb isn't that good and by drafting Ryan Clady they can move Jamaal Brown back to his natural position position of RT. Plus Clady has a chance to be a great, if not elite LT.

1.) Payton won't move him back to RT

2.) Brown doesn't wan to move.

3.) Trade down or hell even take DeSean Jackson there. Why? Because we only have 2 WR's under contract.

skiinginNJ
01-20-2008, 11:59 PM
my bad, i thought you were doing a second round

eaglesfan605
01-21-2008, 12:04 AM
1.) Payton won't move him back to RT

2.) Brown doesn't wan to move.

3.) Trade down or hell even take DeSean Jackson there. Why? Because we only have 2 WR's under contract.

Like I said before to the other Saints fan who commented on my mock draft, you know the Saints better than I do. I don't have trades in my mock drafts because they are too hard to predict and I am going to change their pick in my next mock.

my bad, i thought you were doing a second round

I am but not until I make my next one. With the next mock, the first round will have analysis as well.