PDA

View Full Version : Corey Webster

diabsoule
01-21-2008, 12:19 PM
What's the deal with him? He's set to become a free agent this year and didn't know if you guys were planning on re-signing him or not. He seems to have really come into his own after being benched in the beginning part of the season. I admit, I haven't watched many Giants games during the regular season but have watched their playoff games and was impressed.

Do you guys think he'll be kept or let go?

Damix
01-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Yea, I'm pretty positive hes not a FA.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
What's the deal with him? He's set to become a free agent this year and didn't know if you guys were planning on re-signing him or not. He seems to have really come into his own after being benched in the beginning part of the season. I admit, I haven't watched many Giants games during the regular season but have watched their playoff games and was impressed.

Do you guys think he'll be kept or let go?

I would say no because we need that depth. We have Madison, RW, Dockery, Ross and Webster. We need all of them, and Madison is breaking down, so we may even draft another one at one point.

Damix
01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
He signed a 5 yr contract when he was drafted, so no hes not a FA.

Anyway, what you've seen the last few weeks is what I think Corey Webster will be.

He'll look absolutely lost sometimes, but hes a playmaker. If he can add a little more consistency, he can be a very good starter.

diabsoule
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
He signed a 5 yr contract when he was drafted, so no hes not a FA.

Anyway, what you've seen the last few weeks is what I think Corey Webster will be.

He'll look absolutely lost sometimes, but hes a playmaker. If he can add a little more consistency, he can be a very good starter.

I could've sworn he was but I just looked it up and you are right.

Sorry guys.

bigbluedefense
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Im not drinking the Corey Webster Kool Aid just yet. I think we'll keep him for sure for another year, and see how he turns out. However, I do not want us to assume that we're good at CB just bc he's been playing well.

He's an injury concern, and we don't know if this is a 4 week wonder type of deal. I still think we need to address CB.

Think of it this way, the way the NFL is shaping up, you need 3 good CBs anyway. So why not get another one? What do we have to lose? Madison and McQuarters are real old anyway. We need another CB regardless. Im still not ready to annoit Corey Webster.

hugegmenfan
01-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Corey Webster- I apologize.

Seriously, i totally had the guy written off, i was talking about cutting him this offseason but he has TOTALLY redeemed himself with 3 ints since week 16. I believe it was bigbluedefense who said before the season that spags coming in would make him a much better player and i really did not believe it because i thought he was too slow, but wow- were you right.

bigbluedefense
01-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Corey Webster- I apologize.

Seriously, i totally had the guy written off, i was talking about cutting him this offseason but he has TOTALLY redeemed himself with 3 ints since week 16. I believe it was bigbluedefense who said before the season that spags coming in would make him a much better player and i really did not believe it because i thought he was too slow, but wow- were you right.

No, definately not, it definately wasn't me lol. Ive been one of the biggest Corey Webster bashers on here. I thought we shouldve traded him for a sack of used footballs.

Im still not ready to anoint him though. In our scheme, thats relies so heavily on CBs being stuck on an island, I do not want us to assume that we're better at CB than we really are, and not address it early. I'll be very upset if we do that.

Damix
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
No, definately not, it definately wasn't me lol. Ive been one of the biggest Corey Webster bashers on here. I thought we shouldve traded him for a sack of used footballs.

Im still not ready to anoint him though. In our scheme, thats relies so heavily on CBs being stuck on an island, I do not want us to assume that we're better at CB than we really are, and not address it early. I'll be very upset if we do that.

Agreed, IMO the only thing Webster playing better does is push the need for a CB down a little in the draft, not eliminate it. Still want to add a 2nd or 3rd rounder, King or Rodgers-Cromartie are the 2 I like, and throw them in as the dime back and see where Webster, Dockery, rookie develop, hopefully we have 4 #1s =P.

Go_Eli
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
I'd still draft a corner high if he was the BPA. Hell, if Corey Webster can play this well and be the #4 guy, I'll take it.

saintsfan912
01-21-2008, 05:48 PM

Well he was stuck on an island his whole college career at LSU, man is pretty much all we ran since Saban came in and Miles has continued it. He will grow into his own, as he was a stud in college. He can hold his own, don't worry he'll pan out.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Well he was stuck on an island his whole college career at LSU, man is pretty much all we ran since Saban came in and Miles has continued it. He will grow into his own, as he was a stud in college. He can hold his own, don't worry he'll pan out.

You have to realize our fan base has zero patience. Zero! We get on Eli, Coughlin, Moss, Webster, whoever and just cry about it and when a turnaround happens it suprises us all. Which is why football and patience go hand and hand. But it is funny to watch peoples reaction when a player does progress. Hopefully Moss can provide some entertainment in the future for us. First impressions with our fan base is key. Play couple good games, and in the this town your good to go, but if you start off on the wrong foot, god help you.

Giantsfan1080
01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
You have to realize our fan base has zero patience. Zero! We get on Eli, Coughlin, Moss, Webster, whoever and just cry about it and when a turnaround happens it suprises us all. Which is why football and patience go hand and hand. But it is funny to watch peoples reaction when a player does progress. Hopefully Moss can provide some entertainment in the future for us. First impressions with our fan base is key. Play couple good games, and in the this town your good to go, but if you start off on the wrong foot, god help you.

I've been saying for a while be patient with the guys especially Moss. I can't believe a lot want to throw guys under the bus so quickly.

saintsfan912
01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Well being a Saints fan that's the total opposite haha. We have no choice but to be patient and have faith. We love our Saints down here and its painful to watch them sometimes but hey, at least we have a pro team huh?

NY+Giants=NYG
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Well being a Saints fan that's the total opposite haha. We have no choice but to be patient and have faith. We love our Saints down here and its painful to watch them sometimes but hey, at least we have a pro team huh?

Alot of Giants fans are Yankees fans, and that is where the issue of being impatient lies. They are used to quick fixes because of baseball. If the team sucks, buy everyone good, and win. But football is different, and those fans still have the same baseball mentality and carry it over into football.

BroadwayJoe10
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Granted i liked webster at LSU and being impatient with him was unfair, but i still have a feeling he sold his soul to play great the entire playoffs..ahh well, so long as it keeps moss outta the endzone ill be fine.