PDA

View Full Version : College Footballs Dirtiest Programs

Rich Jr
01-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Discuss

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/tag/TenDirtiestNCAAFBPrograms

diabsoule
01-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Kinda surprised Florida State isn't listed, although they haven't been sanctioned by the league I think it's fairly evident they've had their fair share of scandalous activity.

Also, looks like the Big 12 got hit the heaviest followed by the SEC.

No wonder the SEC beats the Big 10. We cheat!

KCJ58
01-22-2008, 01:34 AM
very surprised to see Texas Tech on top of the list

oregonbucfan
01-22-2008, 03:18 AM
surprised Washington isnt higher. Neuheisal will have UCLA in the top 10 in no time

Stoopid512
01-22-2008, 07:03 AM
I thought for sure that 'Bama would be in the top 2 or 3, but that's just the LSU bias in me.

BuddyCHRIST
01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Kinda surprised Florida State isn't listed, although they haven't been sanctioned by the league I think it's fairly evident they've had their fair share of scandalous activity.

Also, looks like the Big 12 got hit the heaviest followed by the SEC.

No wonder the SEC beats the Big 10. We cheat!

thats because of ESPN and SI's unfounded hatred towards FSU every program has so much crap that goes unreported but the littlest things get blown up by ESPN about FSU. Like the other day in the Duke basketball game when Paulus was on the ground FSU players were going for the ball and ESPN stopped and highlighted the FSU guys arm and said some smart ass remark like "maybe a little cheap shot there" when in the replay you couldnt see the FSU guy doing anything. But at the same time Paulus was kicking like 4 FSU guys while he was down and he actually got the technical, but of course ESPN doesn't mention that crap. [/pissedatthemediarant]

anyways FSU has aliways handled its stuff without the need of the NCAA to get involved. Its ridiculous how bad of a rap we get.

P-L
01-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, all programs are dirty. Unfortunately unless you admit it to the NCAA or the Federal Government gets involved, the NCAA ignores it.

jballa838
01-22-2008, 11:34 PM
surprised Washington isnt higher. Neuheisal will have UCLA in the top 10 in no time
they cleaned up after neuheisel left. And have fun on probation UCLA fans.

eazyb81
01-23-2008, 07:26 AM
How the hell does Texas Tech beat out OU and Bama? The latter schools are historic cheaters, while TT had got hit big just one time and hardly have rumors floating around about them. Numerous schools have been flagged for lack of institutional control and academic cheating, so I don't see why that makes TT top the list.

FSU certainly needs to be mentioned.

504 to ATL
01-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Auburn's 2 chop blocks this year is an indicator of things to come.

HoopsDemon12
01-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Im just gonna throw this out there, why of all the pictures do they use that for cal? i find it funny actually...

kwilk103
01-29-2008, 09:40 PM
what, no o$u?

Sniper
01-30-2008, 06:53 AM
what, no o$u?

Don't worry. If half the **** I've been hearing about Mr. Pryor is accurate, we could have a Clarett V 2.0

I was surprised they didn't make it though. You know, since players like A.J Hawk magically have three grand laying around and things like that.

Brent
01-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah, buddy! #3!

roidrunner
01-30-2008, 02:22 PM
i am surprised that not a single big ten school is on the list. but im sorry SMU is hands down the worse. They got the touch of death. No school has ever gotten the touch of death, besides SMU. that takes talent.

Michigan
01-30-2008, 03:22 PM
i am surprised that not a single big ten school is on the list. but im sorry SMU is hands down the worse. They got the touch of death. No school has ever gotten the touch of death, besides SMU. that takes talent.

I hope you realize that was in the 80's.

Also, which Big Ten team would make the list? OSU has had several "incidents" recently, but they haven't really been punished so they shouldnt be on this list...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-30-2008, 03:24 PM

It's because this is only for teams that belong in D-1A :p

vatech=accdomination
01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
where is colorado?

kwilk103
01-30-2008, 03:41 PM
osu will never be punished; they bring in too much money for the ncaa

same with nd, uf, etc

marks01234
02-04-2008, 11:16 AM
thats because of ESPN and SI's unfounded hatred towards FSU every program has so much crap that goes unreported but the littlest things get blown up by ESPN about FSU. Like the other day in the Duke basketball game when Paulus was on the ground FSU players were going for the ball and ESPN stopped and highlighted the FSU guys arm and said some smart ass remark like "maybe a little cheap shot there" when in the replay you couldnt see the FSU guy doing anything. But at the same time Paulus was kicking like 4 FSU guys while he was down and he actually got the technical, but of course ESPN doesn't mention that crap. [/pissedatthemediarant]

anyways FSU has aliways handled its stuff without the need of the NCAA to get involved. Its ridiculous how bad of a rap we get.

Duke basketball always has gotten a pass.

TCU
02-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Florida State, South Carolina, Colorado, and Miami was #10. Rubbish list.

BuddyCHRIST
02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
or you just don't know what your talking about, don't go along with the media and how they only report certain program's transgressions. Just because some schools have had a few big name players in trouble doesn't mean they are a dirty program. I mean how many times have you heard about Cal getting in trouble? But they got the very serious tag of "lack of institutional control"

keylime_5
02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I hope you realize that was in the 80's.

Also, which Big Ten team would make the list? OSU has had several "incidents" recently, but they haven't really been punished so they shouldnt be on this list...

Incidents? Name one. Clarett is not Ohio State, he left the school before he got into trouble. He got suspended from the team for lying on a police report and never played football again since. OSU is clean there. Jim O'Brien tried to pay a recruit in Europe and he got fired by the university for it (Matta is much better anyhow, understatement of the year). We haven't gotten caught doing anything dirty, ESPN just hates us for some reason (Jeremy Schapp) and loves USC (Reggie Bu$h)

Sniper
02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Incidents? Name one. Clarett is not Ohio State, he left the school before he got into trouble. He got suspended from the team for lying on a police report and never played football again since. OSU is clean there. Jim O'Brien tried to pay a recruit in Europe and he got fired by the university for it (Matta is much better anyhow, understatement of the year). We haven't gotten caught doing anything dirty, ESPN just hates us for some reason (Jeremy Schapp) and loves USC (Reggie Bu$h)

Louis Irizzary wants a word with you, as do Troy Smith, A.J Traspasso and probably a host of others.

Oh and you know DAMN well OSU was hooking Clarett up with stuff when he was playing for them.

Finsfan79
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
only reason miami is on that list is because we are miami there are far worse programs even ND has more infractions then us

Rich Jr
02-06-2008, 05:15 PM
only reason miami is on that list is because we are miami there are far worse programs even ND has more infractions then us
Are you serious? That's the only reason?

Sniper
02-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I find it funny whenever keylime gets proven wrong he doesn't reply.

GDWTheSickness
02-07-2008, 10:28 PM
wheres Ohio state or Florida state? Those 2 come 2 mind when i think dirty programs. guess it uses some kind of scoring scale. good read

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Ohio State.

SunDevil450
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
What exactly happened with SMU

P-L
02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
What exactly happened with SMU
A booster and the assistant AD paid about 20-30 players while the program was on probation.

kwilk103
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM
SMU football had already been placed on three years' probation in 1985, but in 1986 faced allegations that players were being paid. The alleged violations were: 21 players allegedly received approximately $61,000 in cash payments, with the assistance of athletic department staff members, from funds provided by a booster. Payments ranged from $50 to $725 per month from Ralph Rodriquez of Orange Park Florida and occurred while SMU was on probation. Also, SMU officials lied to NCAA officials about when the payments stopped.

As a result:

The 1987 season was cancelled.
All home games in 1988 were cancelled. SMU was allowed to play their seven regularly scheduled away games so that other institutions would not be financially affected. The university would ultimately choose not to do so (see below).
SMU was banned from bowl games and television in 1988 and 1989.
The team's existing probation was extended two more years, to 1990.
SMU lost 55 new scholarship positions over 4 years.
The team was only allowed to hire five full-time assistant coaches, instead of the typical nine

andyjo672
02-08-2008, 06:48 PM

Worst post ever. Your team has historically been full of thugs and its shown on the field. Your brawl on the field, the rap song that was recorded and leaked onto the internet about "Slingin dick," the army fatigues getting off the plane, willie williams.

Thugs, thats all they are.

bdlyons26
02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
ok the moron that did this was an idiot he doesn't like southern teams or big 12 and sec teams first of all im from tulsa and graduate of tulsa university and have been a big fan of all big 12/ southern sports college teams for a long time expecially in oklahoma. i know miami ranks number 1 all time for infractions and 90 percent of the turds in the nfl are from miami so they are number 1 by far. Texas Tech for gods sakes i can't even think of an infraction.... or players what WES WELKER ZACH TAYLOR both spend like half there money on the community and are not trash at all! oklahoma in the mid 80's had problems but stoops as made ou a very disiplined team. osu had one of there coaches in some kind of mentor of the year out of all the coaches in the nation so thats a joke too. kentucky didnt' even have a football program before this year and they are a classy school.... this list is a joke 8 of the 10 from the sec or big 12.... what a moron hes a south hater! wheres he from......... let me guess oregon or ohio

bdlyons26
02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
whoops sorry about the grammar i was in a hurry

BuddyCHRIST
02-21-2008, 06:47 PM
There's a difference between having "thug" players and having guys who do great charity work and having a dirty program. They aren't related in the slightest. While Wes Welker may give you a boner with his nice guy attitude, it has nothing to do with the fact that Texas Tech committed alot of serious infractions during this time.

Did anybody actually read the thing? Its not like he's just saying they are bad because he doesn't like them, look at all the things TT got hit with...unethical conduct, academic fraud, failure to monitor and lack of institutional control. Not only did they commit all these, but the NCAA actually came in and cited all these so they didn't handle any of their wrong doings themselves, they just let it go on until they got caught.

The reason you can't think of an infraction because all you do is listen to what ESPN tells you and they'll only report infractions of schools they seem to have it out for. Here;s another quote from that article...

"Wow. More specifically, the Red Raiders gave out too many scholarships in four sports, in two different seasons. They allowed 76 athletes to compete while ineligible. Ineligible football players played over a span of seven seasons, with more than 20 of them playing in '93-94. In the summer of 1993, an assistant football coach "committed academic fraud by completing significant portions of [a] student-athlete's course work." Over the course of five years, Texas Tech provided free legal services and bail bonding for their athletes."

Or here's a quote from the NCAA after their big 1988 case on their infractions...
a
"participation by ineligible student-athletes; excessive financial aid awards; tuition assistance, extra benefits and academic fraud; proctoring service to a prospective student-athlete; tuition and enrollment assistance; failure to adhere to sound academic standards; money provided to a student-athlete; free bail bonding and legal services; unethical conduct; failure to monitor student-athlete use of athletics department telephones; failure to monitor and lack of institutional control."

I am leaning towards believing that people who bashed this article didn't even read all the evidence he had on each team he had on the list. Especially using defensive points like "Osu's coach was mentor of the year" which has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

And while Miami's players have the thug image, they've run a pretty clean program and only have the one major (though its pretty big) infraction since 1987. So the guy defending Miami is right, don't let the media's image of athletes so strongly influence how you actually view programs.

504 to ATL
02-22-2008, 11:10 AM
And while Miami's players have the thug image, they've run a pretty clean program and only have the one major (though its pretty big) infraction since 1987. So the guy defending Miami is right, don't let the media's image of athletes so strongly influence how you actually view programs.

So are you forgetting the brawl or a (then)current player getting gunned down. Face it, those in the Miami football program surround themselves in danger.

BuddyCHRIST
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Im not here to defend Miami, I'm more defending the article from people who think being a dirty program means having one guy do something illegal and the media jump all over it. I'm not going to deny that Miami definitely has a thug image, but blaming someone for being gunned down is ridiculous, you have no idea of the situation.