PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Holt Cut / Rolle Moved to FS

fenikz
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Not official but heard it was likely on the radio this morning, they weren't sure or not if Rolle would be named the starter, which makes me happy because he will have to the earn the spot

I believe this free's up 3.5 in cap room too because it was all being paid as a roster bonus not a signing bonus

UK Cards Fan
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I think Aaron Francisco deserves and has earned the first shot at FS. Not Rolle.

fenikz
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree that Francisco deserves a shot at starting, I say let them battle it out in the offseason and who ever plays the best wins the spot and the other will play in our 3 safety sets

Thunder&Lightning
01-22-2008, 08:58 PM
ya rolle i dont think has the speed to excel at CB

Jensen
01-23-2008, 01:51 PM
If this is true I like the moves. Holt was a disaster in his time here, and everybody has been wanting Rolle to move to FS. I would like to see him battle it out with Fransisco also.

no love
01-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Rolle really has no place in the Cards starting lineup as of right now. Francisco really earned his spot in the starting lineup last year and seems to have good instincts for the position.

He seemed to do well as a type of an X-backer in the mold of Troy P. But no way he could beat out Wilson.

Maybe they could use him as a sub in a big nickel package as the extra DB?

fenikz
01-24-2008, 12:18 AM
thats what we have been doing with our 3 safety sets

TheChandlerFlash
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
ya rolle i dont think has the speed to excel at CB

It has nothing to do with speed, he has good speed. He just has really stiff hips. His lateral movement isn't as good as it should be his COD skills aren't too good either.

fenikz
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Even with the move of Rolle to safety if Phillips falls to us and is deemed BPA do we take him?

Jensen
02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Even with the move of Rolle to safety if Phillips falls to us and is deemed BPA do we take him?

Yes, definitely. I'm all for Rolle moving to FS, but if Phillips is there we take him.

TheChandlerFlash
02-05-2008, 04:20 PM
I'd take KP in a heartbeat.

fenikz
02-05-2008, 07:17 PM
im glad you people share my thoughts

fenikz
02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Well it's now official, Holt is no longer a Cardinal

Also cut were OT Oliver Ross & DT Chris Cooper

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2248

Jensen
02-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Well it's now official, Holt is no longer a Cardinal

Also cut were OT Oliver Ross & DT Chris Cooper

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2248

Nothing too big. Ross injured the last two seasons and Cooper was depth that hardly ever played.

NFLCommander
02-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I think its a good move. Terrence Holt isn't half of the athlete Torry is. I think Rolle could get more done at FS since his man-on-man coverage isn't the best and he isn't very crisp with his short zone movement. Giving him more space to roam would help a lot because he has the instincts to be a good player, but hasn't quite been able to make it over the hump. Since he was a first round pick a few years back could give him a slight advantage if there were a competition for the job.