PDA

View Full Version : 3 Round Mock

Jay
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Things to keep in mind:

1. It is incredibly slow at work today.
2. I did this to kill time.
3. As I got into the second round, ignorance kicked in.
4. I totally did this for the fun of it, I am probably completely off across the board, so whatev.

1. Maimi Dolphins - Glen Dorsey, DT, LSU: The Dolphins have been trying to fill the gap desperately for the past few years. Ted Washington's time has run out, and Glen Dorsey is a beast.

2. St. Louis Rams - Vernon Gholston, DE, THE Ohio State: The man is a physical specimin. It's going to be tough choosing between Gholston and Chris Long, but I have a feeling that workouts could propel Gholston all the way to the #1 pick.

3. Atlanta Falcons - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas: They could go Matt Ryan, but they can't pass on the big play RB for a QB twice, can they?

4. Oakland Raiders - Jake Long, T, Michigan: In this situation, the Raiders are bummed out that they ended up behind Atlanta and that Atlanta didn't stick to the script and take Matt Ryan. With a franchise QB in place and already possessing a solid defense, the Raiders jump at the chance to grab a rock they can put at either end of their offensive line.

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State: There is absolutely no doubt about the fact that KC needs OLine help. Lots of it. If I am them, I am looking OLine first, second and third round. OK, that may be a bit of an exageration.

6. New York Jets - Chris Long, DE, Virginia: The pass rush was non-existent. Not that the offense is any better, but the defense will need to improve to compete with the Patriots.

7. Chicago Bears (from New England Patriots via San Francisco 49ers) - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College: The Patriots successfully convince the Bears that Matt Ryan won't make it to them, and for the second time in as many years, the Patriots dash the Ravens plans one pick behind them. Patriots pick up the Bears first and second round pick and give the Bears a 6th.

8. Baltimore Ravens - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville: The Ravens are bummed to see Matt Ryan go

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers, LB, USC: I know the popular pick here is Sedrick Ellis, and that may be for good reason, but I know I watched the Bengals bring guys in off the street at LB to play the Patriots, and adding Rivers here would be huge.

10. New Orleans Saints - Mike Jenkins, CB, USF - Their corners got burned all yer last year so this is a very necessary pick.

11. Buffalo Bills - Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma: The Bills already have a great defense in the making, especially with guys coming back from injury next year. They've got a speed guy at WR in Lee Evans, now they grab a big guy that can go over the middle and make some big plays.

12. Denver Broncos - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC: They've tried mixing and matching anyone with a pulse in the middle for so long, now they add a major piece to jam the middle.

13. Carolina Panthers - Kenny Phillips, S, The U: I thought very, very long and hard about Andre Woodson here, but I think the Panthers can make it one more year without going for a QB this early. WR was also a thought, but a big play-making safety is just what the doctor ordered.

14. New England Patriots (from Chicago Bears): Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas: Patriots add a big corner and another second round pick.

15. Detroit Lions - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College: It's pretty tough to throw to all those great WR's when you are flat on your back.

16. Arizona Cardinals - Derrick Harvey , DE/LB, Florida: A guy that can play up or down and adds versatility to the Cardinals defense.

17. Minnesota Vikings - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas: Obviously a glaring need, the only question will be do they go with the big guy or the speed guy. The speed guy didn't quite work out

18. Houston Texans - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois: They've been changing guys in and out ever since Dominick Davs/Williams went down, now it is time to get some stability.

19. Philadelphia Eagles - Desean Jackson, WR, California: Unless they plan on bringing Donte Stallworth back or making a play for Randy Moss, this is a position that really needs to be addressed.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan: More playmakers are needed on offense.

21. Washington Redskins - Calais Campbell, DE, The U: Dissapointed to see the big WR's start to go, they grab a DE to fill another big need.

22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon: They can either wait and hope Felix Jones is there at 28 or jump on Stewart before he gets to Seattle.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Sam Baker, T, USC: This team doesn't need to do much other than keep Big Ben on his feet.

24. Tennessee Titans - James Hardy, WR, Indiana: Vince Young stands no chance throwing to the cast of charecters he's had to choose from so far in his short career. Maybe David Givens will actually play a game next year?

25. Seattle Seahawks - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas: It is becoming more clear that Shawn Alexander is reaching the end of the road.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson: I think Paul Spicer is solid but there isn't a whole lot to fix in Jacksonville. Adding to that front four can only help.

27. San Diego Chargers - Kentwan Balmer, DE, UNC: What do you give the guy that has everything? I have no idea, so I am just stealing Scott's pick.

28. Dallas Cowboys - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy: They other guy I would have given to the Cowboys falls to them at 28, and they get a better RB at 22.

29. San Francisco 49ers [from Indianapolis Colts ): Early Doucet, WR, LSU: This will be the draft of the WR! I think SF banked on this being their pick here, which is why they gave the Pats a gift in the #7 pick.

30. Green Bay Packers - Justin King, CB, Penn State: Depth at CB is needed.

31. New York Giants - Reggie Smith, S, Oklahoma: From what I saw of the Giants these last few weeks, they could use some deep help in the secondary.

32. New England Patriots - Stolen by the commish to silence the media and for Belichick not following rules.

Round Two:

33. Miami Dolphins - John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame: I am a big fan of the TE position, and a big target in the middle of the field is something the Dolphins are lacking.

34. St. Louis Rams - Dan Connor, LB, Penn State: Time to restock the defense.

35. Atlanta Falcons - Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky: An amazing risk by the Falcons pays off as they grab a first round QB in round 2.

36. Kansas City Chiefs - Roy Schuening, OG, Oregon State: I already established that I think they need OLine help

37. New York Jets - Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
38. Oakland Raiders - Frank Okam, DT, Texas
39. Baltimore Ravens - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
40. San Francisco 49ers - Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
41. New Orleans Saints - Thomas McCoud, S, California
42. Buffalo Bills - Fred Davis, TE, USC
43. Denver Broncos - Carl Nicks, T, Nebraska
44. Carolina Panthers - Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt
45. New England Patriots (from Chicago Bears) - Quentin Groves, DE/LB, Auburn
46. Detroit Lions - Shawn Crable, LB, Michigan
47. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas
48. Minnesota Vikings - Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M
49. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Ali Highsmith, LB, LSU
50. Philadelphia Eagles - DaJuan Morgan, S, NC State
51. Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn
52. Washington Redskins - Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma St
53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brandon Albert, G, Virginia
54. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina
55. Cleveland Browns - Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
56. Tennessee Titans - Curtis Lofton, LB, Oklahoma
57. Seattle Seahawks - Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
58. Jacksonville Jaguars - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
59. Indianapolis Colts - Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
60. Dallas Cowboys - Davone Bess, WR, Hawaii
61. Miami Dolphins (f/SD) - Jared Meyo, LB, Tennessee
62. Green Bay Packers - Tavares Gooden, LB, The U
63. New York Giants - Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland
64. New England Patriots - Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt

Round Three:

65. Miami Dolphins - Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
66. St. Louis Rams - Tony Hills, T, Texas
67. Kansas City Chiefs - Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin
68. New York Jets - Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas
69. New England Patriots (f/OAK) - Steve Slaton, WR, West Virginia
70. Atlanta Falcons - Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M
71. San Francisco 49ers - Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii
72. Buffalo Bills (f/BAL) - J Leman, LB, Illinois
73. Buffalo Bills - Drew Radovich, OG, USC
74. Minnesota Vikings (f/DEN) - Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
75. Carolina Panthers - Ben Moffitt, LB, USF
76. Chicago Bears - Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
77. Detroit Lions - Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
78. Cincinnati Bengals - Craig Steltz, S, LSU
79. New Orleans Saints - Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
80. Houston Texans - Josh Barrett, S, Arizona St
81. Philadelphia Eagles - Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri
82. Arizona Cardinals - Beau Bell, LB, UNLV
83. Minnesota Vikings - Jason Jones, DE, East Mich
84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - John David Booty, QB, USC
85. Washington Redskins - Marcus Griffen, S, Texas
86. Cleveland Browns - Geno Hayes, LB, Florida State
87. Tennessee Titans - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
88. Seattle Seahawks - Mike McGlynn, G, Pittsburgh
89. Jacksonville Jaguars - Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
90. Indianapolis Colts - Xavier Abidi, LB, Virginia Tech
91. Dallas Cowboys - Demario Pressley, DT, NC State
92. Miami Dolphins (f/SD) - Anthony Collins, T, Kansas
93. Green Bay Packers - Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue
94. New York Giants - Steve Justice, C, Wake Forrest
95. New England Patriots - Jamie Silva, S, Boston College

Bills2083
01-22-2008, 04:10 PM
1st = great (Malcolm Kelly)
2nd = I'd rather go with Quentin Groves here
3rd = I'd rather go with Martin Rucker
3rd = I'd rather go with Tracy Porter

OG is not a top-3 round need for the Bills

T-RICH49
01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
good Chiefs draft

DiG
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
skins passing on cason in rd 2 might give me a heart attack. and oline is 10x a bigger need than safety for rd 3. best available guard would be great.

Seasonticketholder
01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Hmm, for the millionth time. The Saints will NOT PASS ON Sedrick Ellis. They like some of the cornerbacks in this draft but not at #10 as they do not see any as carrying an elite grade. If Ellis is there, they take him. I GUARANTEE!!! In the second, they are more likely to take Curtis Lofton or Ali Highsmith given your scenario than Thomas Decoud. By the way, you misspelled Decoud's last name. I like Decoud and if is there in the third, I coudl see them taking him.

hugegmenfan
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
the 1st 2 rounds for the giants are AMAZING!

the third one is not that great positional wise. we have a great center who we just locked up. try like OT

etk
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I won't be harsh because I read your intro comments.

Manningham is an okay pick in the first. Campbell or Stewart would be better.

We don't need a G at all. We have 2 young guards in Davin Joseph and Arron Sears, both of which were high picks. I suppose we could move Sears to OT but we have enough OTs to begin with. Flowers would be PERFECT.

I suppose Booty is an okay pick. Depending on the 1st pick, I'd go WR or LDE here. If QB was the case I prefer Henne.

Babylon
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
good Chiefs draft

Chiefs have supposedly shown interest in OT Carl Nicks and WR Jordy Nelson at the Senior bowl. Getting Nicks in round 2 would that let the Chiefs go in a different direction than OL with their 1st pick? just curious.

Yung Flippa
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Round 1 = Not a fan, rather have Mike Jenkins for the Ravens
Round 2 = Okay pick.
Good Texans draft.

princefielder28
01-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Not a fan of King, but the rest of the Packers mock looks good

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Oakland is in desperate need of a NT.Our Dline is absolutely awful and you did absolutely nothing to help it.

Jay
01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Isn't Frank Okam a DT?

jdb1972
01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Panthers

Round 1 - Eh, I don't think so. They have a history of saving money at the position by stitching together veteran castoffs. It's possible given the way this draft falls, but I doubt it. Oddly, it appears Jeff Otah didn't go at all in your draft.

Round 2 - Eh. Bennett doesn't have great speed, doesn't have great size. I don't see it.

Round 3 - There is about as close to zero chance the Panthers draft a LB as there can be. Two of the past three drafts' #1 picks have been LBs, and the guy at the other spot was just resigned for 3 years.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Isn't Frank Okam a DT?Notice how I said NT.
Not only is Okam not a NT hes also a day two prospect.

bored of education
01-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Chiefs have supposedly shown interest in OT Carl Nicks and WR Jordy Nelson at the Senior bowl. Getting Nicks in round 2 would that let the Chiefs go in a different direction than OL with their 1st pick? just curious.

Grabbing Nelson with 2nd round pick and moving back in the second round to grab Nicks. The Chiefs could get someones late 2nd for a 3rd and 4th since the Chiefs have 2 picks in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds. Nicks might be better suited at RT and maybe KC likes what they see out of McIntosh at LT since he did play the whole season with a bad knee. With that I wouldn't be shocked it KC snagged Gholston, Matt Ryan, Andre Woodson or Sedrick Ellis.

derza222
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Jets first rounder is solid, though I think if we draft him he'll have to end up at OLB and have the agility drills to do so. Probably too small to be a DE, but we'll see. Second rounder I'd prefer Sims or Nicks, our WR's need some work but the lines need it more. Sticking with the need for help on the lines, I'd prefer Radovich in the third. We need a lot of help at LG and RT on the OL, and anywhere we can get good 3-4 talent on the DL. Long, Sims/Nicks, and Radovich would be a very nice haul for the Jets. Improve the pass rush with the first pick and probably the run D as well, the run game on O or D depending on where we go in the second, and the overall stability on the OL in the third.

GB12
01-22-2008, 08:14 PM
There are so many better options than Justin King.

Connor in the first and Ikegwuonu in the second would be amazing.

defensiveback23
01-22-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm not real big on the Balmer pick for the Chargers. They have good depth at DE after resigning Cesaire and Bingham and he doesn't profile as a NT well. I personally think that Reggie Smith is the best pick in that situation because he and Weddle can eventually make a great safety tandem and he can immediately contribute in nickel/dime.

brat316
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
where is pitts 3rd

BeerBaron
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
whoa wtf. i HATE that bears draft. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it....

and wtf happened to all the bears picks? they have san diego's 3rd and are 100x more likely to trade down than up in the first round.

KILLERSANTA
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
I don't care what the other 3 Cowboys' picks are. If we draft Jonathan Stewart, I'm happy.....

Rich Jr
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Saints

Round 1.) Ellis please. Him over any CB in this draft. Our CB's got burned because we had no pass rush.

Round 2.) Chevis Jackson, I don't even see him in the 3 rounds?

Round 3.) Abidi would be nice but I can live with that pick.

BaLLiN
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Giants draft is great

It makes sense drafting a CB/S in case, also to prepare for the future (madison and RW will likely retire within the next 2 years)

Love Erin Henderson, period

Center may not be a horrible pick consider O'hara has gone down a couple times, but Ruegamer has done more than an effective job. Would make more sense to go guard or tackle.

thebow305
01-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Wow.... not a very good phins draft.

1.Dorsey has no place in our 3-4 defense.

2a. Carlson seems to be a reach at the top of the 2nd round, especially with the news of him losing 20 or so pounds.... i'm sure he can gain it back, but I'm sure that will hurt his stock a little. I feel like he was no more than a mid-2nd at best before that.

2b. Not sure if Mayo would be a good fit in the 3-4, it's an alright pick, but I question the value there as well. if we had to go ILB there, I'd rather go Henderson.

3. Ray Rice is a completely wasted pick. Our backfield is young and loaded right now, our most talented position on the team. Also, we only have San Diego's 2nd rounder, not their third as well. So at the top of the 3rd I would take Anthony Collins instead of Rice.

Hines
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
The Steelers first two picks are excellent, but where is the third rounder for the Steelers?

imprint3454
01-22-2008, 10:58 PM
The Bears have the Chargers 3rd round pick (#92 overall) not the Dolphins.

Vikes99ej
01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
I love all the picks but the Tracy Porter pick. I'd draft Chris Ellis with the first pick of the third round, and someone like Dre Moore with the second pick.

G-Men88
01-23-2008, 12:23 AM
the 1st 2 rounds for the giants are AMAZING!

the third one is not that great positional wise. we have a great center who we just locked up. try like OT

Agreed. First 2 Rounds are phenominal

the Laos
01-23-2008, 03:02 AM
great vikings draft.

gdamac
01-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Good Raiders picks, although I think I would like Chris Long, then Chris Williams better because while Jake Long is a good pick, the defense was far from solid.

oregonbucfan
01-23-2008, 06:39 AM
awful for the Bucs. Take Manningham well passing on Stewart? Dont like the 3rd rd pick either and we dont need a guard

ABWA757
01-23-2008, 06:49 AM
I like the bills draft

Finsfan79
01-23-2008, 10:55 AM
all of the dolphin picks seem to be reaches or make no sense :(

Xiomera
01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
This is not a pretty Lions mock . . . that is probably an understatement on my part . . .

Cherilus is not a top 15 pick. We won't reach. And its far more likely we take a defender in rd. 1.

Crable doesn't fit our Defense. He's a 3-4 OLB. Doesn't work in a Tampa 2.

We need a DE or CB in Rd. 3. We are looking at an offseason where we need two starting CB's. We can't expect to find one later than Rd.3.

megansett56BC
01-23-2008, 03:34 PM
i like the pats draft. it takes care of the needs, and i think talib would be a decent fit in our scheme and I like the value at that point. would be great if we could actually work out a trade like that with the bears or someone else. with groves though it does make a little bit of a glut at OLB, but I think if used well on 3rd downs he'd improve the rush. i wonder if goff is still a second rounder though and would rather just take slaton (which i like that pick) there and grab leman in round 3. i'd rather not grab silva in the third, though i love him and want to get him later. i'd like to see us maybe get anthony collins even though you have him off the board already.

Jay
01-23-2008, 03:56 PM
awful for the Bucs. Take Manningham well passing on Stewart? Dont like the 3rd rd pick either and we dont need a guard

I probably would have gone RB if I realized Cadillac is probably done for good. I already plead ignorance past round two. Like I said, just killing time. Good feedback though.

Jay
01-23-2008, 03:57 PM
The Bears have the Chargers 3rd round pick (#92 overall) not the Dolphins.

I completely hijacked the order from someone else, so if any order is wrong, that's the story I am sticking to. ;)

Jay
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
This is not a pretty Lions mock . . . that is probably an understatement on my part . . .

Cherilus is not a top 15 pick. We won't reach. And its far more likely we take a defender in rd. 1.

Crable doesn't fit our Defense. He's a 3-4 OLB. Doesn't work in a Tampa 2.

We need a DE or CB in Rd. 3. We are looking at an offseason where we need two starting CB's. We can't expect to find one later than Rd.3.

I think Cherilus may work his way up to that point, and in my ignorance, think OT would be a huge priority.

I'm not even going to pretend I know everyone's scheme or every scheme every guy falls into. I just know Boss Bailey might be gone and figured he was the best LB available at that point. That was my rationale...

Jay
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I won't be harsh because I read your intro comments..

Greatly apprciated.

Jay
01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Notice how I said NT.

Vince Wilfork wasn't a NT when he came to New England either. Okam was a possible top 10 pick going into the year. I actually thought it would be a great pick for the Raiders getting a possible first round tallent and still being able to address the offensive line. I am possitive you are 100% right, just where I was coming from with it...

rickscott
01-23-2008, 07:40 PM
The Bengals have a lot of returning backers that will play. Ahmad Brooks, Odell Thurman, Eric Henderson, Lemar Marshall, and more. We also drafted 2 Safeties last year that ended the year as straters. I don't see a LBer at 9 and I really see no Safety unless it's very late in the draft as just BPA

ATLDirtyBirds
01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
This is so close to Atlanta perfection.

Give me Dre Moore over Red.

#7,000

Don Killuminati
01-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Notice how I said NT.
What he said. Although we also need a 3-tech as well. Maybe if Okam is there in Rd6...

4. Oakland Raiders - Jake Long, T, Michigan: In this situation, the Raiders are bummed out that they ended up behind Atlanta and that Atlanta didn't stick to the script and take Matt Ryan. With a franchise QB in place and already possessing a solid defense, the Raiders jump at the chance to grab a rock they can put at either end of their offensive line.A solid defense? One of the worst defenses in the league, you mean.

Long is poor pick. A top 5 pick for a ZBS O-line? Highly questionable.

Sedrick Ellis is looking more and more likely here. Oakland has no starting caliber DTs, and Ellis has yet to do anything to discourage a team from drafting him in the top 10, if not the top 5.

Shiver
01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I dislike this. While I love the combination of McFadden/Woodson, the fact is that the this mock did nothing to address a pathetic O-Line. Besides, I think that the GM and now the HC both come from teams team value winning in the trenches first. That's why I truly will not believe they will take McFadden until I am proven wrong.

asmitty45
01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
I'll take cherilus there, but could be better. Crable is a decent pick but I'd rather have curtis lofton. and I really like Kevin Smith in the 3rd