PDA

View Full Version : I'm Bored 1 RD Mock

tfry
01-23-2008, 11:57 AM
First mock of the year with a lot of room for improvement. Until the combine, you really don't know about a lot of these players. However, I'm bored so...

1. M. Ryan QB - Maimi Dolphins – They need a signal caller and as tempting as defense is, this pick is more need that BPA.
2. C. Long DE - St. Louis Rams – BPA on the defense. You pick the hole.
3. J. Long OT - Oakland Raiders – It’s got to start with the line and by taking Long also stuns their rival Chiefs.
4. V. Golston DE - Atlanta Falcons – McFadden could go here just as easy, but there are plenty of backs and with an early 2nd rd pick they should get one then.
5. R. Clady OT - Kansas City Chiefs – QB is an option, but they need to see what Croyle can do with a little protection.
6. D. McFadden RB - New York Jets – Finally a light of hope for the offense.
7. M. Jenkins CB - New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) – Jenkins can slide in and take over for Samuel, just not at the same level.
8. G. Dorsey DT - Baltimore Ravens – Brohm would be a great pick, but the defense is getting old and Dorsey should never slide this far.
9. S. Ellis DT - Cincinnati Bengals – A start to stopping the run.
10. L. McKelvin CB - New Orleans Saints – A little reach but David was an absolute joke.
11. D. Jackson WR - Buffalo Bills – This give Evans a chance to get open and Edwards a shot to succeed.
12. R. Medenhall RB - Denver Broncos – Drug convictions, injuries, etc. Denver needs to settle on a back and move on.
13. J. Otah OT - Carolina Panthers – Could be some opening on the line after free agency.
14. K. Phillips S - Chicago Bears – As much help as the Bears need on offense, their bread and butter is on defense. Phillips is a gift at 14.
15. G. Cherilus OT - Detroit Lions – Almost went rb, but without a line you just can’t run the ball.
16. D. Harvey DE - Arizona Cardinals – Rb can be addressed later. Harvey will help continue the defenses’ success.
17. L. Sweed WR - Minnesota Vikings – They must get pressure off of AD.
18. J. Stewart RB - Houston Texans – DB was an option, but it’s time to fill the rb position.
19. C. Campbell DE - Philadelphia Eagles – Kearse is all but gone. Campbell will upgrade immediately.
20. B. Brohm QB - Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Garcia is old. Caddy is injured, but they should resign Graham. Thus, QB of the future is here.
21. M. Kelly WR - Washington Redskins – Moss just doesn’t cut it as a WR1.
22. A. Cason CB - Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) – Depth in the DB is just as important as a backup rb.
23. S. Baker OT - Pittsburgh Steelers – Faneaca is gone. Baker should help.
24. J. Carlson TE - Tennessee Titans – No receiver worthy of this spot and Fischer has always tried to incorporated a TE in his offense.
25. K. Rivers LB - Seattle Seahawks – BPA. Running back is the trendy pick, but this draft is soooo deep at that position.
26. M. Manningham WR - Jacksonville Jaguars – Jags reach, but they get another potential WR1.
27. F. Jones RB - San Diego Chargers – Turner is gone and LT has 8 seasons under his belt. They have to be prepared for LT to start showing signs of injury.
28. C. Johnson RB - Dallas Cowboys – Are there any mocks that have the Cowboys overlooking rb with both 1st round picks?
29. A. Talib CB - San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) – BPA and with nothing on the offensive side jumping out, Talib gives them depth at a key position.
30. R. Smith S - Green Bay Packers – Depth pick that can’t hurt. Young team with few holes.
31. D. Connor LB New York Giants – DB would be perfect, but nothing worthwhile at 31. Highstreet was a possibility, but Connor is a better prospect.

bored of education
01-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Nice pick for KC, interesting Vikes pick. Sidney Rice will be a solid number 2 receiver, Sweed and rice a nice Duo, hopefully they can get someone to throw to them

Thunder&Lightning
01-23-2008, 12:33 PM
not a bad pick for SD its a smart pick

UK Cards Fan
01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
You say that Seattle can pass on RB despite their obvious need but yet San Diego pick up a RB despite the depth you mention when they have a much smaller need? I guess it may not have been so noticable but for your selection of a LB for Seattle, despite the Seahawks having a formidable LB trio already.

The Cards pick is alright, although I would much prefer Calais Campbell.

T-RICH49
01-23-2008, 01:56 PM
with the OT talent that would be available in the 2nd Glenn Dorsey would be a much better pick for KC

DiG
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
WR in rd 1 for the skins just isnt a good idea. they are notoriously bad at drafting wrs in rd 1 and there are too big of needs elsewhere. i can see us looking to add a wr this offseason but i doubt it will be before rd 3 and more than likely through fa or trade. in rd 1 de, oline, and cb are all much bigger needs.

Vikes99ej
01-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I like Limas Sweed better than DeSean Jackson right now. Good pick.

Bills2083
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
The Bills need a big WR. Not another small, fast one.
I'd rather take Sweed, Kelly, or Rivers there.

hugegmenfan
01-23-2008, 04:32 PM
ok giants pick- i just personally really dislike connor but he could be the BPA

Yung Flippa
01-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Good Houston pick. Dorsey & Ngata, would make our defense impossible to run against.

tjsunstein
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Love the Packers pick.

ErikG803
01-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Absolutely no way in hell Seattle takes a LB over Felix Jones or Chris Johnson.

asmitty45
01-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Baker>Cherilus