PDA

View Full Version : Rock out with your mock out

scottyboy
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Scotty's bored and making his 3rd mock on NFLDC. Just a one rounder for now, but nicey nice explanations! If you don't like a pick, tell me why, don't cry about it.

A little rusty, and honestly, I don't like how it turned out all that much. Give me good feedback, I'll have another one out in about 2-3 weeks, using your advice

1 Miami Dolphins: This team isn't really THAT bad. They've got some picks to work with acquiring a 2nd rounder for Chambers was nice for them. Under Parcells, they're in pretty good hands for a few years. With perhaps a future QB(Beck) and a stud RB in Ronnie, they can go D, or OL. I think OL is fairly deep and they can get a nice OT round 2. That being said, I'll give them a solid guy that'll help them control the LOS, where games are won

pick[b]: Chris Long, DE, UVA

2 St. Louis Rams: Now, this team needs some D. When healthy, this O can be lethal, and you don't draft OL depth #2 overal. Pace is coming back and give Barron another chance, which rules out Long. They need D, badly. Phillips' stock has slowly fallen throughout the season, or else he'd be a fairly nice pick here, matched with Atogwe and Hill. They'll snatch up a LB round 2 or 3, for now, they like the phins, look to the trenches

[b]pick: Glen Dorsey, LSU, DT

3 Oakland Raiders: OK, with Jamarcus, the 3 QB's are a non choice here. I'm not sure where to go here, I seriously think they may take Run DMC. It's a very possible option for them, but they need D, especially with Sapp retiring. Oh what the hell...

pick: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

4 Atlanta Falcons: Possibly the hardest fans to please on the board when it comes to mocks. OH NO RUN DMC IS GONEZZZ! No, Jake Long is there, do you want him? Or do you go with a QB? I don't care if they like it or not, I believe getting a QB is imperitive and likely for ATL round one.

pick: Matt Ryan, QB, Bahston College

5 Kansas City Chiefs: Their OL is bad and old. This is really a no brainer with no explanation needed...

pick Jake Long, OT, Michigan

6 New York Jets: Oh Jets, in typical gang green fashion, you win the last game of the year, dropping you 3 picks, costing you Run DMC. that sucks, doesnt it? Well there's still some good D on the board, and you guys still can't get the QB, so it's not a hard choice for me...

pick: Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State

7 New England Patriots: I hate them. I do, and I can't explain it. I never liked them, even before their "dynasty". Oh well, Asante will leave via FA in my mock's world, so they look for a replacement, and get stuck with a kid from a lame college (insert evil laugh here)

pick: Mike Jenkins, CB, USF lameos

8 Baltimore Ravens: One Jenkins stayed in school, one's heading to NE, where do ya go here? I'm sorry Troy Smith, and Kyle Boller, you're just pretty bad. Now I think this team has some talent, and is better than a team picking top 8, but let's get 'em possibly the most NFL ready QB...

pick Brain Brohm, QB, Loserville

9 Cincinatti Bengals: Well, they need D. It's pretty damn obvious. Now, Kenny Phillips? or Ellis? I think they look up front and get a big guy

pick: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

10 New Orleans: They need secondary help, Kenny Phillips is on the board. they can't get the card up fast enough

pick Kenny Phillips, Safety, Miami

11 Buffalo Bills: Bills fans collectively shout "**** you Saints!" So where do they go here? This may be a bit of a stretch, but this pick not only re-unites team mates, it gives them one helluva young LB corp to build the D around

pick Dan Connor, LB, Penn state

12 Denver Broncos: I love their D. I really do. So they go O here. Now, I could run for over 1,000 yards for Denver, for a RB is not even thought about. THey need OL, but there's a couple good ZBS OL(Zuttah) later in the draft. I go a bit outside the box here and give Cutler another weapon, who matched with Marshall make a damn good tandem

pick Desean Jackson, WR, California

13 Carolina Panthers: Now QB is an obvious option, but who, Woodsen? Eh, I think they pass and upgrade Wharton

pick Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State

14 Chicago Bears- sorry guys, no Brohm or Ryan. I think they'd be pretty well off getting a guy like Flacco round 2 or 3. They need OL help, anyone who reads the gameday threads no how bf51 thinks of their OL...

pick Jeff Otah, OT, Pit.

15 Detroit Lions- OK, now I think DE, CB and LB are the biggest needs in Detroit. Harvey, McKelvin, Cason, or Rivers? Honestly, I think the Lions can't go wrong with any of them. Or, maybe I'll continue the old and beaten joke of 1st round WR with ZOMGZ JORDYZZZZZ NELSONZZZZZ...ok, sorry 'bout that. CB is very deep, as is LB, Harvey is fantastic value here as well...

pick- Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida

16 Arizona Cardinals- I've seen Cardinals fans call for a RB, and there's just the guy on the board. A great talent and would make a stellar tandem with the edge.

pick- Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

17 Minnesota Vikings- Couple needs here, couple of good options. I like the idea of them adding a CB to their defense though, and McKelvin is a nice playmaker for them...

pick- Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy

18 Houston Texans- RB looks to be a pretty big need right? Ahman Green is old, and Ron Dayne... well.... ok it's Ron Dayne. Mendenhall makes sense here, and would be a pretty nice pick, but they could use an other DB, and I think this versitile kid would be a nice fit in Houston...

pick- Reggie Smith, DB, Oklahoma

19 Philadelphia Iggles- Well, Jackson's been gone for a while, and WR is a big need. Is Reggie Brown gonna be your big threat forever? As a Giants fan, I'd enjoy that, but Andy and the Iggs go 1st round WR, something they don't do often...

pick- Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

20 Tampa Bay Bucs- A team with not too many holes. I like the D they've got there, I do. Now, Garica is old, but do they go QB with Woodsen? It's a possibility, but I don't see it happening. I love the young OL they've got down there, except Luke "old and always hurt" Petigout. I like this pick for them, gives them an incredibly young and talented OL.

pick- Sam Baker, OT, USC

21 Washington Redskins- I feel their DL could get upgraded, immensly. A guy on the board who'll rise BIG time after the combine and come draft day is a DE from Clemson...

pick- Philip Merling, DE, Clemson

22 Dallas Cowboys- Ok, we can all assume Orange Julius Jones is gone, leaving just Barber. NOw they may want a shiftier back, but RB is a need there and this pick also ensures they don't pick Ray Ray...

pick- Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois

23 Pittsburgh Steelers- OL is the pick here, but who? Couple guys are gone Baker, Otah, Clady. Who's left? It's a bit of a stretch here, but they go need with...

pick- Gosder Cherlius, OT, Bahston College

24 Tennessee Titans- I don't care what their fans say, they need a WR, bad. Although a couple pretty good WR's won't make Young a good QB, it'll make him look almost decent. Who here?

pick- Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

25 Seattle Seahawks- Alexander is losing a step each carry, and he's a *****. Now, no real power back here, but there is a RB who'll help this offense step up and spell Alexander, hopefully for them, quite a bit...

pick Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

26 Jacksonville Jaguars- ok, I'll admit, I took this from Toonster. I really like this pick when I saw his mock and it makes sense. Imagine this GINORMOUS dline? with Stroud and Henderson? cwazy...

pick Calias Campbell, DE, Miami

27 San Diego Chargers- They're deep at WR(although not overally talented), don't need a TE, QB or RB this early. I'm thinking OL, but who? A guy I feel will climb up some draft boards, as he's pretty athletic..

pick- Anthony Collins, OT, Kansas

28 Dallas Cowboys- Ok, they got a RB, no what? CB seems like the most obvious answer here. I'm not sure he fits the scheme, but I don't care, stupid cowboys... :) and CB is a need

pick Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas

29 San Fransisco- Stupid San Fran. Giving the pats your 1st rounder. Uggh stupid, stupid, stupid. Well, they need a WR, in a class that's ok depth wise, but it's something that needs to be addressed...

pick Earl Bennet, WR, Vanderbilt

30 Green Bay Packers- You need a 3rd CB, this kids a Wisconsin boy, you'll like it. Everybody wins...

pick-- Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin

*Last pick in 1st round, would be 31 no matter who wins the Super Bowl, and it belongs to the Giants. so no pick 31 or 32 forfeited, just last pick. And it goes to the Giants...

New York Giants- OK, I'll admit, I did this on purpose. Now G-Men fans will tell you(myself included) DB is by far our biggest need. And I truly feel that way, BUT, guy's like Cromartie, Cason and Tribble may fall to our 2nd rounder. Actually, we could trade down with Andre' still on the board... BUT after seeing some Senior Bowl footage, I fell in love with this kid. Him with Pierce/Gerris/Mitchell/Kiwi, who ever the hell we have at LB, would be very good. Quick, smart, versitile, good in coverage...

pick Keith Rivers, LB, USC

Billingsley26
01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
im happy with Connor at 11. not a bad mock though overall.

Thunder&Lightning
01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
dont know much about collins but ill take your word for it good pick

asmitty45
01-24-2008, 04:27 PM
taking your point of deep LB and CB classes into account harvey is a good pick, but i love mckelvin.

tjsunstein
01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Im Neutral on the Ikeguonu pick cause the LB and CB classes are so deep, Id go BPA

scottyboy
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
taking your point of deep LB and CB classes into account harvey is a good pick, but i love mckelvin.

trust me, I thought for a while about giving you McKelvin. It was him or Harvey

KCJ58
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
the title of this mock could use some work, if Long is gone at #1 then i would take Gholston over Dorsey

scottyboy
01-24-2008, 05:48 PM
the title of this mock could use some work, if Long is gone at #1 then i would take Gholston over Dorsey

youre face could use some work!!!! ooo000oo snap!!!

And would Gholston fit in St. Louis? I figured he'd be best as a 3-4 OLB

KCJ58
01-24-2008, 05:50 PM
youre face could use some work!!!! ooo000oo snap!!!

And would Gholston fit in St. Louis? I figured he'd be best as a 3-4 OLB

good one

he can be both a DE and a OLB

Yung Flippa
01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
REALLY Hate Brian Brohm to the Ravens. Rather trade down and get some extra picks.

T-RICH49
01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
good Chiefs pick

scottyboy
01-24-2008, 06:08 PM
REALLY Hate Brian Brohm to the Ravens. Rather trade down and get some extra picks.

no that's ok, reasoning is you know, totally over rated

diabsoule
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Rivers falling all the way to 31? Tchyeah, right, and monkey's might fly outta my butt.

I'd love for the Saints to get Rivers.

scottyboy
01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Rivers falling all the way to 31? Tchyeah, right, and monkey's might fly outta my butt.

I'd love for the Saints to get Rivers.

Giants fan, doing a mock, loving Rivers. It's my mock in my fantasy world!!!! don't make me change #10 to Jordyzz!!!

Bills2083
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I would rather take Keith Rivers at 11.
I like Connor though

Vikes99ej
01-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Horrendous pick for the Vikings! I could go on forever listing the players we could take at 17 instead of him. We have Winfield, McCauley, and Griffin. It's not the cornerbacks' fault the defense sucked so much last year.

scottyboy
01-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Horrendous pick for the Vikings! I could go on forever listing the players we could take at 17 instead of him. We have Winfield, McCauley, and Griffin. It's not the cornerbacks' fault the defense sucked so much last year.

ok, I honestly had no clue where to go there. Any suggestions.

and I want Rivers in BIG BLUE!!! that's why I gave connor to the Bills, ok I'm evil

SuperMcGee
01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm yet to hear a Bills fan say they want Phillips, but whatever. It's understandbale considering our defensive standings and the terrible FS play this year, but most of us like Ko Simpson (IR as soon as the season started) there still and would rather go elsewhere than BPA/way down on the possible needs list, even if it means reaching. Decent pick.

Derek Roy GOAL!

BeerBaron
01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
the bears pick suits me just fine

Vikes99ej
01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
ok, I honestly had no clue where to go there. Any suggestions.

and I want Rivers in BIG BLUE!!! that's why I gave connor to the Bills, ok I'm evil

I'd give us Phillips.

thebow305
01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
decent phins pick.... i seriously doubt that the Bills pass on Rivers for Connor. I think Rivers can be as good as Willis was this past year. Just IMO. I will GUARANTEE he doesn't fall all the way to number 31, that's just ridiculous. Oh well, it's your mock.

Awesome mock name BTW!