thebow305
01-25-2008, 12:18 AM
ok phins pick

bored of education
01-25-2008, 12:22 AM
im ok with Long for KC!

Turtlepower
01-25-2008, 12:26 AM
I like the Reggie Smith pick. I think that he would play CB for us even though most peg him as a FS. The problem is, Wilson will probably get an extension and unless he moves to SS, there really isn't a place for Smith if he is drafted as a FS.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 05:37 AM
I like the Reggie Smith pick. I think that he would play CB for us even though most peg him as a FS. The problem is, Wilson will probably get an extension and unless he moves to SS, there really isn't a place for Smith if he is drafted as a FS.

well i belive he give you options, Wilson can move to ss, he could play nickle then move into starting role, i belive you have some options with him

Don Killuminati
01-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Ellis feels more like a lock every day all of a sudden.

Bills2083
01-25-2008, 06:46 AM
No Keith Rivers in round 1?
Why?

The Legend
01-25-2008, 06:49 AM
No Keith Rivers in round 1?
Why?

oh thats funny its the other way don connor going 2nd round not river good old type-o

Jay
01-25-2008, 06:55 AM
07.Patriots (I think he will be the 1st Corner taken, hes been just amazing at the S.Bowl)

Leodis McKelvin, Troy State, CB
Height: 5-10. Weight: 190.

If you are doing it because you think he will be the seventh best player in the draft, then cool. If it is because he is a corner, then we've got some beef.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 07:10 AM
If you are doing it because you think he will be the seventh best player in the draft, then cool. If it is because he is a corner, then we've got some beef.

well hes a very talented player, needs to work on his hands but has great speed, fit there system, hard work mentality, and Asante Samuel and him in 3-4 years can be one of the best dou in the league that you wont be able to pass on, able to do punt return's - great surport in run game, can see him playing nickle and blitzing

i think after the combine, and what hes done in the senior bowl he will be talk about alot, so yes i belive hes extremely talented

Jay
01-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Then we have no beef. I am just getting tired of people handing the Patriots a corner every pick. I want people to understand that unless it's a QB, the seventh best player in the draft is who the Patriots will pick.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Then we have no beef. I am just getting tired of people handing the Patriots a corner every pick. I want people to understand that unless it's a QB, the seventh best player in the draft is who the Patriots will pick.

well the intresting thing i also thought about puting Jonathan Stewart there, i think he can help Lawrence Moroney, he can take alot of the pounding up the middle that can pro long both there careers, and would help there run game alot, and would be monster goal line runner

DiG
01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
desean jackson is a terrible pick for the skins. we already have 2 short fast big play wrs in randle el and santana moss. we may look to bring in a bigger taller possession wr as well but id venture to say that will be in fa or through a trade.

Jay
01-25-2008, 07:37 AM
If your reasoning was that he is the seventh best player in the draft, then I'd be cool with it. Really, this #7 pick is a gift. This is a team that has taken TE's in the first round in back to back years and DE's three years in a row recently. The only time I can remember them going after a specific guy (not position) is when they traded up one spot to get Ty Warren, and then the next year, Vince Wilfork fell to their laps at 21 and they turned him into a NT. I just don't want people getting caught up with positions with the Pats. But who knows, maybe I'll end up being wrong. Everyone had them taking CB and LB last year and they took S and traded out, so maybe not...

The Legend
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
desean jackson is a terrible pick for the skins. we already have 2 short fast big play wrs in randle el and santana moss. we may look to bring in a bigger taller possession wr as well but id venture to say that will be in fa or through a trade.

i thought about what you said and it make perfect sense i think they could actualy use this pick at OL or maybe to replace Marcus W. who isnt play as good as his contract is, or if they cut Shawn Spring they could use that pick to draft a corner

DiG
01-25-2008, 07:57 AM
i thought about what you said and it make perfect sense i think they could actualy use this pick at OL or maybe to replace Marcus W. who isnt play as good as his contract is, or if they cut Shawn Spring they could use that pick to draft a corner

we definitely need an upgrade on the oline. our biggest need is at guard so i can see us waiting till rd 3-4 to fill that. if someone like otah somehow fell than that would be a possibility. otherwise look for it to be either cb to replace springs whether we cut him or not he is getting up there in age or look for de.

lber is an option but mcintosh really played awesome this past year and they love hb blades as well. theres just too many other needs. so unless someone like keith rivers fell to us id say we may look at lber in the rd 3-5 range.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 08:04 AM
we definitely need an upgrade on the oline. our biggest need is at guard so i can see us waiting till rd 3-4 to fill that. if someone like otah somehow fell than that would be a possibility. otherwise look for it to be either cb to replace springs whether we cut him or not he is getting up there in age or look for de.

lber is an option but mcintosh really played awesome this past year and they love hb blades as well. theres just too many other needs. so unless someone like keith rivers fell to us id say we may look at lber in the rd 3-5 range.

i made some changes, i belive that at the moment you need a end zone target or someone for can go in the middle and not be affrid to get hit
jason is going to need a big target, i belive you can take care of the offensive line in the 2nd round, 3rd round take a corner and 4th a linebacker, i dont got much to do till i goto work so i made a quick skins mock for fun

1st: Limas Sweed, Texas | Height: 6-5. Weight: 212. | 40 Time: 4.50.
big target that jason can give the ball to that wont be scared to take the hit, also great end targer when Chris is coverd

2nd: Heath Benedict Newberry | Height: 6-5. Weight: 322. | 40 Time: 4.90.
Can Play Guard Or Tackle, very underrate but when he lights of the combine people will know who he is, just owned his divsion not top pair player but really destoryed teams

3rd: Patrick Lee Auburn | Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. | 40 Time: 4.35.
has the speed, the hands, body that many corners dont have, but what they have is playing time which he doesnt have much of but played well when was in

4th: Geno Hayes, Florida State | Height: 6-2. Weight: 225. | 40 Time: 4.55.
fast linebacker whos stonger then his size, he even maybe have abilty to switch over to SS, yes a Tweener but one who can do both jobs pretty well

TimD
01-25-2008, 09:23 AM
I love the Jets getting Gholston, I hope it happens

The Legend
01-25-2008, 03:56 PM
I love the Jets getting Gholston, I hope it happens

i wouldnt mind seeing them drop, back and get a corner and pass rusher

msealy2
01-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Good Vikings pick. Campbell would be excellent next to Pat and Kevin.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Good Vikings pick. Campbell would be excellent next to Pat and Kevin.

it would really improve there run game to another level with is a bit scarey
thou if some magical way Leodis McKelvin fall to you guy i say you jump on him asap

Rich Jr
01-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Dude, BPA, great job!

The Legend
01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Dude, BPA, great job!

what does BPA mean lol, but i understand great job :) lol

Rich Jr
01-25-2008, 06:46 PM
what does BPA mean lol, but i understand great job :) lolBPA=Best Player Available

Yung Flippa
01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Good Texans, okay Ravens.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Good Texans, okay Ravens.

wow i thought you would hate the ravens pick lol, but maybe you see like me it most probly gonna happen

well im glad not to have anyone hate any of my picks so far. but watch it happen in the next post lol

TacticaLion
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Getting kinda tired of seeing Jenkins to the Lions. Not only does he have character concerns, but he isn't strong against the run... two factors that point against us drafting him. Marinelli is all about character, and our CBs need to play the run.

Instead, Aqib Talib or a trade down are better choices.

bearsfan_51
01-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllll no.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllll no.

there it is i wanted to see and oppion on the James Hardy draft pick

well personally belive who ever your next qb is going to be hes going to need a wideout, with Muhammad maybe being cut & Berrian maybe going else where

your qb is going to need a target i think when James Hardy goes to the combine and tears things up his stock is going raise big time
so here i have you taking the 2nd best wide out - 6'6/6'7 hes going to help the new qb alot

and for Jenkins you guys really need a true cover corner and thats what your going to get with Jenkins, 31th pass defence has to be fix, you guys have been 20th or below for the past 7years thats has to be fix

bearsfan_51
01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
there it is i wanted to see and oppion on the James Hardy draft pick

well personally belive who ever your next qb is going to be hes going to need a wideout, with Muhammad maybe being cut & Berrian maybe going else where

your qb is going to need a target i think when James Hardy goes to the combine and tears things up his stock is going raise big time
so here i have you taking the 2nd best wide out - 6'6/6'7 hes going to help the new qb alot

Hardy is a possession receiver. You don't take possession receivers in the top 15. Particularly when you've got big issues on the offensive line and at quarterback. If we already had a franchise QB and a solid offensive line (and a feature runningback), then sure. But just on offense alone, receiver is the 4th most likely option in the 1st round.

Honestly, that's a Matt Millen move.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Hardy is a possession receiver. You don't take possession receivers in the top 15. Particularly when you've got big issues on the offensive line and at quarterback. If we already had a franchise QB and a solid offensive line (and a feature runningback), then sure. But just on offense alone, receiver is the 4th most likely option in the 1st round.

Honestly, that's a Matt Millen move.

lets watch our language now lol

well i was thinking about Jonathan Stewart, but i dont if you guys have pulled the cord on Benson yet?

and for offensive line whos left? there noone left for you to take IMO
Sam Baker is a player i cant seeing going in the 1st round

quarterback is a option here, but the question is do you see a franshice qb there i dont

The Legend
01-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I made some changes, take a look at enjoy, took alot of you comment and change some pick, any new comment please do add

Rich Jr
01-25-2008, 09:41 PM
WTF dude we need CB help didn't you see David last year?

j/k lol if you did see that you didn't see Bullocks around either. Great pick.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
WTF dude we need CB help didn't you see David last year?

j/k lol if you did see that you didn't see Bullocks around either. Great pick.

its funny cause thats a hard pick cause i like Bullock and Harper
but i felt that if fell to you Leodis McKelvin would be great
also David didnt have much coverage deep
you guys do have 3 decent safetys, which made it harder i wanted to give you a corner thou

Jay
01-26-2008, 06:55 AM
07.Patriots

Jonathan Stewart*, Oregon, HB
Height: 5-11. Weight: 230

I don't hate this, but I also don't love it. I guess it is entirely possible that he may work his way up this far, but I guess it would all come down to where he was on the Pats big board. If he's ahead of everyone else, that's who they'd take. At least it's not a corner for the sake of taking a corner.

The Legend
01-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't hate this, but I also don't love it. I guess it is entirely possible that he may work his way up this far, but I guess it would all come down to where he was on the Pats big board. If he's ahead of everyone else, that's who they'd take. At least it's not a corner for the sake of taking a corner.

i think when it comes to talent hes way up there maybe Kenny P.

Thunder&Lightning
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM
balmer obvious pick ok pick though

The Legend
01-31-2008, 01:15 AM
balmer obvious pick ok pick though

Kentwan Balmer is a monster you guys could be making one of the great dline's

TacticaLion
01-31-2008, 01:23 AM
Updated... yet we still have Jenkins. This just in: it wont happen. If you want my reasons, read above.

The Legend
01-31-2008, 01:50 AM
Updated... yet we still have Jenkins. This just in: it wont happen. If you want my reasons, read above.

yes DRC has move above Jenkins for me when i update it ill post it im going to post a new Mock Monday

TacticaLion
01-31-2008, 02:11 AM
yes DRC has move above Jenkins for me when i update it ill post it im going to post a new Mock Monday

Keep in mind... the Lions run a Cover 2 and Marinelli loves high motor, high character guys. Please don't give him a weak CB or a CB that struggles with run support.

We're looking to draft MLB or CB with our first few picks.

(Note: see Dan Connor? Would be a perfect fit at MLB... but that's just my preference.)

The Legend
01-31-2008, 03:27 AM
Keep in mind... the Lions run a Cover 2 and Marinelli loves high motor, high character guys. Please don't give him a weak CB or a CB that struggles with run support.

We're looking to draft MLB or CB with our first few picks.

(Note: see Dan Connor? Would be a perfect fit at MLB... but that's just my preference.)

you may get a offensive player ;), i love the Dan Connor idea but i feel CB/OT/RB are bigger needs in the 1st round

tjsunstein
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Good Green Bay pick.

Eaglez.Fan
01-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Bad eagles pick. TE in the 1st is a bad move. There are other positions that are more of a need.

jdcozart
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I can't point out just one thing, but I don't like it. Take into consideration buys like Sweed won't run as fast as they need to and won't go first round based on that.

Vikes99ej
01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Derrick Harvey over Calais Campbell please.

TacticaLion
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
you may get a offensive player ;), i love the Dan Connor idea but i feel CB/OT/RB are bigger needs in the 1st roundActually, they've said that they'll address OT and RB in FA, and will look at CB and MLB in round 1.

Believe me, they won't draft a RB in the 1st round...