PDA

View Full Version : Mediocore Mock w/trades

TACKLE
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long
Great fit in the Defense and will come in and have an immediate impact.

2. St.Louis Rams - Jake Long
The Rams have gone with the safer picks with a higher floor since Linehan's been there. They continue this trend.

3. Oakland Raiders - Sedrick Ellis
McFadden is tempting but they go with a stud DT who fills there biggest need.

4. New Orleans Saints f/Cheifs - Glenn Dorsey
Saints trade up to get great value and an impact player in Dorsey.

5. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan
Sorry Falcons fans but they can't pass on a QB here.

6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden
The Jets are very lucky that DMAC is still here. He'll bring some star power to the Jets.

7. Carolina Panthers f/Patriots Ryan Clady
The Panthers move up to get their franchise LT.

8. Baltimore Ravens - Vernon Gholston
The thought of Gholston on the Ravens D scares me. Great value and could replace Suggs if he leaves in FA.

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers
The Bengals bring in a very athletic LB to help their front 7.

10. Kansas City Chiefs f/Saints - Jeff Otah
The Chiefs are dissapointed that Clady is not here. They end up with Otah instead.

11. Minnesota Vikings f/Bills - Kenny Phillips
I'll be honest, I stole the idea of the Vikes trading up to get Phillips from Toon. This trade really is good for both teams.

12. Denver Broncos - Chris Williams
With Lepsis retiring the Broncos need to bring in an athletic LT.

13. New England Patriots f/Panthers - Leodis McKelvin
Assante is most likely gone so they need a CB. McKelvin would fit in very well in their D.

14. Chicago Bears - Gosder Cherilus
Cherilus looked great at Senior Bowl. He is the type of big physical lineman the Bears like. Can come in and play RT and eventually move to LT.

15. Detroit Lions - Derrick Harvey
Lions get very good value here and a pass rusher who is a good fit in the Tampa 2.

16. Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Stewart
The Cards go with the BPA who can eventually replace Edge.

17. Buffalo Bills f/Vikings - Malcolm Kelly
The Bills move down and get much better value on the tall #2 WR they need.

18. Houston Texans - DeSean Jackson
An explosive weapon for the Offense who can take pressure of Andre Johnson.

19. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Jenkins
Philly gets very good value here on Jenkins. They will like his versatility.

20. Tampa Bay Buccanears - Calais Campbell
I think the Bucs can wait until they get their QB of the future. Campbell has good value here and will make a good DE combo with Gaines.

21. Washington Redskins - Phillip Merling
O-Line value is off and I don't see them taking a CB as they still have Rogers. Calais is gone so they go with the next best thing.

22. Dallas Cowboys - Aqib Talib
Dallas gets the depth at CB they need. He can also return punts.

23. Pittsburg Steelers - Carl Nicks
A bit of a reach but Nicks looked great in Senior Bowl and moved great for a guy his size. Also has the ability to move inside and play Guard.

24. Tennessee Titans - Kentwan Balmer
If Haynesworth leaving DT becomes a bigger need but they lose D-Line depth in FA and Balmer is an uprgrade over Tony Brown.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Rashard Mendenhall
Easy pick here. Very good value and fills one of their biggest needs.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Reggie Smith
Both Calais and Merling are gone and then there's a drop off at DE. Don;t think they'll take another WR. A CB/S would come in an at very least bring depth to there secondary.

27. San Diego Chargers - Pat Sims
Big, athletic DT who can play NT or DE in a 3-4.

28. Baltimore Ravens f/Cowboys - Andre Woodson
The Kyle Boller experiment didn't work and they can't trust there team to a 5th round pick whose only started 2 games. Woodson has good value here.

29. San Francisco 49ers - Dre Moore
A big, strong, explosive DT who like Pat Sims can play NT or DE in a 3-4. Was a beast at Senior Bowl. San Fran can take a WR at the top of round 2.

30. Green Bay Packers - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Has the athletic ability to play the press coverage that Packers love to use.

31. New York Giants - Sam Baker
DT value is off. CB was a strong option but Webster has really stepped up his game. The G-Men go with a LT who an protect Eli's blind side.

Turtlepower
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Like the Sam Baker pick, but why would the Panthers move up for Clady when the OT class is so deep that not one really stands out?

etk
01-24-2008, 11:58 PM
A+ on the Bucs first rounder :)

bored of education
01-25-2008, 12:01 AM
A+ for the chiefs

we get a 3rd rounder and a future 2nd as well or something?

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Like the Sam Baker pick, but why would the Panthers move up for Clady when the OT class is so deep that not one really stands out?

I think that Clady has the most potential of any OT in the draft. Although the class is deep, there aren't many guys who are athletic enough (ie. Otah and Cherilus) who can play in there ZBS. I know I have Williams at 12 but that is a pretty big reach. I think LT is the Panthers biggest need and will be willing to move to get the guy they want.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-25-2008, 12:08 AM
good Oakland pick.

thebow305
01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
ok phins pick

Vikes99ej
01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
I'd do that trade in a snap. Probably have to give up our extra 3rd rounder.

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd do that trade in a snap. Probably have to give up our extra 3rd rounder.

Yeah, that's how it would probably work. They'd give up their first 3rd round pick. The Bills get better value on their biggest position of need. Like I said before, it works out nicely of both teams.

princefielder28
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Like the GB selection

Jay
01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
What did the Pats pick up in the trade? I'm down with that.

Bills2083
01-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Good trade and choice for Buffalo. I wouldn't mind Mike Jenkins or Dan Connor there either.

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I was thinking that the Pats and the Panthers will swap 2nd round picks and NE also gets Carolina's 3rd round pick.

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Good trade and choice for Buffalo. I wouldn't mind Mike Jenkins or Dan Connor there either.

If they thought they could get better value in the 2nd for a tall #2 WR, what do you think about the Bills taking a DT like Pat Sims?

T-RICH49
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
am not a fan of the Chiefs pick.I would rather stay at 5 and grab the BPA(Dorsey) if it played out like that

Jay
01-25-2008, 02:54 PM
I was thinking that the Pats and the Panthers will swap 2nd round picks and NE also gets Carolina's 3rd round pick.

I love it.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
30. Green Bay Packers - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Has the athletic ability to play the press coverage that Packers love to use.

thats intresting DRC from what i heard weakness was the bump and run

Yung Flippa
01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't know how we got the Cowboys pick, but we might have a chance at Woodson in Round 2. LOVE Vernon and DeSean Jackson to the Texans.

Patriots16-0
01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I need to teach you something:

WE WON't TRADE DOWN.

Rich Jr
01-25-2008, 07:10 PM
I heart you.

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 07:17 PM
thats intresting DRC from what i heard weakness was the bump and run

He does need to get stronger and more physical but he has the size and athletisism where he could develop into a very good press corner. He won't be counted on to start for at least a year or two. And with an NFL workout program and the chance to learn behind Harris and Woodson he has the natural talent to be very effective press coverage.

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't know how we got the Cowboys pick, but we might have a chance at Woodson in Round 2.

I had the Ravens trading their 4th round pick to the Cowboys. They might be lucky enough to have him fall to them in the 2nd but for only a 4th round pick, they won't take any chances.

foozball
01-25-2008, 07:27 PM
ugh....texans dont need a WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! andre johnson, kevin walter, andre davis, jacoby jones, and TE owen daniels...who cares about a playmaking WR, we have 2 in andre johnson and andre davis. give us a playmaking RB cuz we dont even have a normal RB

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 07:58 PM
ugh....texans dont need a WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! andre johnson, kevin walter, andre davis, jacoby jones, and TE owen daniels...who cares about a playmaking WR, we have 2 in andre johnson and andre davis. give us a playmaking RB cuz we dont even have a normal RB

With Alex Gibbs coming in I think RB as their 1st round pick seems more and more unlikely. He is a believer in that anybody can be an effective RB in the ZBS. They already have money tied up in Ahman Green and Dayne has played well at times. OT and LB value is off. They could go CB because of Dunta's injury but Fred Bennett played well in his place. In this case I have the Texans going with the BPA.

foozball
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
yea, but we are making andre davis a priority to resign in the offseason. we just drafted jacoby jones. do you honestly think the texans will be taking desean jackson? fred bennett is not playing in dunta's "place." bennett is the #2 CB. campbell, merling, and reggie smith are all better picks and would have a bigger impact for the texans than desean jackson would.

TACKLE
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
RB is still an option but for know lets take that option out. I highly doubt they go with Campbell or Merling as I think its highly improbable that they pick D-Line 4 years in a row. Reggie Smith is an option. He does bring the ablilty to play CB/S which is important but I still think he is a bit of reach. Reggie is the most likely option of those 3 guys. What do you think about them taking an LB like Connor, Mayo, or OT like Baker. Hey but who knows. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. They might just make the easy pick and go with Mendenhall.

Jay
01-26-2008, 07:03 AM
I need to teach you something:

WE WON't TRADE DOWN.

By "we" you better not mean the Patriots, because that is exactly what they will do. How do you think they got that pick to begin with?