21. Washington Redskins - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami

22. New England Patriots (from CLE through DAL) - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas

23. Pittsbutrgh Steelers - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

24. Tennessee Titans - Desean Jackson, WR, California

25. Seattle Seahawks - Felix Jones, HB, Arkansas

26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Reggie Smith, CB/S, Oklahoma

27. San Diego Chargers - Dre Moore, NT/DE, Maryland

28. New England Patriots (from DAL) - Curtis Lofton, ILB, Oklahoma

29. San Francisco 49ers (from IND) - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State

30. Green Bay Packers - Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU

31. Atlanta Falcons (from NYG) - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

32. New England Patriots - Forfeit

Vikes99ej
01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
NO CORNERBACKS TO THE VIKINGS!!! We have no need for another one right now. Please, people. Give us Campbell, Reggie Smith, or Chris Williams instead.

Turtlepower
01-25-2008, 12:38 PM
The numbers add up to the value, but I don't see any reason to make the trade. An extra fourth really isn't much of an incentive to trade down.

bored of education
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I think Chiefs move down before they move up.

darnik44two
01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
The numbers add up to the value, but I don't see any reason to make the trade. An extra fourth really isn't much of an incentive to trade down.

Who do they really need/want bad enough there that it wouldn't be a good move to move down a couple spots (which would shave some cap dollars off their first picks contract) and pick up an extra 4th with this deep draft class. With all the top corners and LB's gone where would they have to go on a value stand point? Best I could come up with would be Quentin Groves or Malcolm Kelly. Maybe Sam Baker?

princefielder28
01-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Chevis Jackson is awful value in round one; right position, wrong player

01-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Why the hell would the Raiders trade up to #1 and have to dish out that kinda guaranteed money again? We could stay put and still get McFadden or if not than either Ellis/Dorsey which are actually much wiser selections.

Xiomera
01-25-2008, 01:25 PM
15. Detroit Lions - Rashard Mendenhall, HB, Illinois

Dear Lord,

Please help the Detroit Lions and please help Matt Millen find the error of his ways.

Amen

LonghornsLegend
01-25-2008, 01:30 PM
McFadden would probably be there when Oakland picks anyway, if not they get their choice of whichever DT they want...doesnt sound like a need to move up to me, dont buy that one

Turtlepower
01-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Who do they really need/want bad enough there that it wouldn't be a good move to move down a couple spots (which would shave some cap dollars off their first picks contract) and pick up an extra 4th with this deep draft class. With all the top corners and LB's gone where would they have to go on a value stand point? Best I could come up with would be Quentin Groves or Malcolm Kelly. Maybe Sam Baker?

Sam Baker is definitely a viable option, but not all trades are just based on value and I feel that we could get a lot more than just that for Brohm if Atlanta really wanted to move up.

Crickett
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Trades:

[I][SIZE="1"]Miami gets #4 and #39 and 2nd round pick (‘09) Trade Value = 2560
Oakland gets #1 Trade Value = 3000

I was under the impression that Miami was shopping the #1 but would only trade it if they got good value. This doesn't appear to be very good value to me. Especially since the NFL has already seen a team trade from #4 to #1 in recent years.

Patriots get #22, #28, and Dallas' 3rd round pick ('09) Trade Value = 1470
Cowboys get #7 Trade Value = 1500

7. Dallas Cowboys (from SF through NE) - Jonathan Stewart, HB, Oregon

Okay, so let me get this straight. The Cowboys trade two first rounders so they can move up and get a running back who would split carries #7 overall?

15. Detroit Lions - Rashard Mendenhall, HB, Illinois

I realize there is talk that the Lions are looking for a new starting running back but with the ones they already have and the needs they have, can they really afford to draft one?

29. San Francisco 49ers (from IND) - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State

I didn't realize San Fran needed a cornerback after they made Nate Clements so rich. :confused:

hugegmenfan
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM

about to say the same thing. a 4th round pick is really not worth it

Bills2083
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Good Bills trade and pick. I wouldnt mind Mike Jenkins either.

Beans
01-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Bucs can't pass up on Desean and Calais.

T-RICH49
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM
horrible trade for KC.we have too many holes to be giving picks up

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-25-2008, 03:03 PM
your Oakland trade makes no sense.McFadden could easily be there when Oakland picks.Kiffin wants to resign Fargas.DT is a big need and we wont have our next pick untill the 4th round.Its safe to say that this trade would hurt us alot more than itd help us.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
all trades are good to me but the Raiders - Phins

msealy2
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
NO CORNERBACKS TO THE VIKINGS!!! We have no need for another one right now. Please, people. Give us Campbell, Reggie Smith, or Chris Williams instead.

Agreed, Reggie Smith is a player who has really grown on me over the past few weeks, the more I've read about him.

Yung Flippa
01-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Okay Ravens pick, good Texans pick.

thebow305
01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
No complaints on the Miami pick and trade.

Although I'd much rather have Gholston if we did trade down and he was still there.

I'd be good with Ellis though.

Rich Jr
01-25-2008, 08:34 PM
BPA=Phillips

We will draft BPA, GM said so.

iloxygenil
01-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I like that draft...but I am starting to like Ellis more for the NT position which is what we need in ATL...we have 2 good UTs already...not sure Dorsey is the perfect fit, but still a great prospect...getting Brohm at 31 for the cost of a 4th round pick isn't bad...but we really could prolly sit on that pick and wait it out until the top of the 2nd round...

Caddy
01-26-2008, 01:12 AM
I think we went through this last mock draft, but I can't see the Buccaneers (at this stage) passing on Desean Jackson and Calais Campbell for Kentwan Balmer.

Wyndham
01-26-2008, 04:09 AM
Hahahahaha. Worst Chiefs mock I've ever seen.

No way in HELL they come even close to doing anything like that.

Don Killuminati
01-26-2008, 04:10 AM
As the risk of being repetitious, that Oakland trade is just flat out dumb.

Jay
01-26-2008, 07:05 AM
I like the Patriots trade. I like taking Talib there. I am iffy on Lofton. Seems a little high for what I've seen so far, but could also end up being exactly right. Good job.

george_allen
01-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Trades:

Rams get #5, #38, and Kansas City’s 3rd round pick (‘09) Trade Value = 2540
Chiefs get #2 overall

1. Oakland Raiders (from OAK) - Darren McFadden, HB, Arkansas

2. Kansas City Chiefs (from STL) - Jake Long, OT, Michigan

3. Atlanta Falcons - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

4. Miami Dolphins - Sedrick Ellis, NT, USC

5. St. Louis Rams (from KC) - Chris Long, DE, Virginia

this would be a fantasy draft for the rams, and i would think they would pounce at the opportunity even though the chart value does equate.

i wouldn't expect the kc fans to be too happy with this though . . .
i also wonder if miami wouldn't take c.long at 4 if they saw him still available.

darnik44two
01-26-2008, 08:23 AM
this would be a fantasy draft for the rams, and i would think they would pounce at the opportunity even though the chart value does equate.

i wouldn't expect the kc fans to be too happy with this though . . .
i also wonder if miami wouldn't take c.long at 4 if they saw him still available.

I know the KC/STL trade looks odd since the Chiefs are getting Long at #5 in alot of mocks. It could be a possibility if Long is the guy they really want. It could come down to a couple things. Maybe if the Rams have to stay at #2 they take Long on a value/need standpoint. Then there's Atlanta at #3, no one can say for sure they wouldn't grab Long. There's also the possibility of another team trying to sneak up and grab Long as well. If Okland stays at #4 you can't rule them out as a possible buyer for Long either.

I usually don't do mocks with trades, but I just threw out some scenario's for something different. At the end of the day I expect Miami to be stuck at #1.

NIN1984
01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Bad deal for the Raiders we have way too many needs to be trading away draft picks.

george_allen
01-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I know the KC/STL trade looks odd since the Chiefs are getting Long at #5 in alot of mocks. It could be a possibility if Long is the guy they really want. It could come down to a couple things. Maybe if the Rams have to stay at #2 they take Long on a value/need standpoint. Then there's Atlanta at #3, no one can say for sure they wouldn't grab Long. There's also the possibility of another team trying to sneak up and grab Long as well. If Okland stays at #4 you can't rule them out as a possible buyer for Long either.

I usually don't do mocks with trades, but I just threw out some scenario's for something different. At the end of the day I expect Miami to be stuck at #1.

i would certainly prefer the rams trade out of the #2, as most rams fans seem to.

i thought earlier that either mcfadden or jake long might be the bait, and that kc would be a front runner to come up for long. in another thread i brought up that move, i got pretty much the same response the kc fans have expressed here in your thread. seems they feel there are too many roster holes to fill and that someone like clady is more than sufficient if long's off the board. and kc's front office seems fairly competent so i get where they're coming from. i suppose anything can happen on draft day though.

considering that, i think the rams are as stuck at #2 as the dolphins are #1 . . .

it does make the mock much more interesting with the trades though.

darnik44two
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Bad deal for the Raiders we have way too many needs to be trading away draft picks.

I know it's not the greatest trade in the world and not too likely. Everyone is so eager to say the Phins trade down. I did this mock just for something different to look at. That said, who knows what the Raider will do with Al Davis calling the shots. He's completely run that organization into the ground. I can't immagine anyone wanting to play or coach there. Get used to picking in the top 5 from now until he dies.

RaiderNation
01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
HORRIBLE RAIDER TRADE. we trade the 3rd/4th and our second for the first overal? then we only have one pick in the first day

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I know it's not the greatest trade in the world and not too likely. Everyone is so eager to say the Phins trade down. I did this mock just for something different to look at. That said, who knows what the Raider will do with Al Davis calling the shots. He's completely run that organization into the ground. I can't immagine anyone wanting to play or coach there. Get used to picking in the top 5 from now until he dies.
As stupid as Al is even he wouldnt be stupid enough to make this trade.Its horrible and theres no reasoning behind.

d34ng3l021
01-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Bad Falcons pick. I would rather have Ryan than Dorsey actually. Ellis would be a much better pick because he can play NT in the 4-3 which is what we need cause we have UTs in Coleman and Babineux.

I like the trade up for Brohm though. We got it for pretty cheap too.

ABWA757
01-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Good Bills trade/Pick i enjoy the idea that buffalo trades down

Memorex
01-27-2008, 01:12 PM
If Miami trades down and Howie's son is still there, they will take him

luckyjackaubrey
01-27-2008, 03:38 PM
love that pats trade

thule
01-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Jonathan Stewart to the cowboys...wow.

You realize that MB3 is shopping a 30 million dollar contract right?

Then you realize that you are giving up 3 picks to move up and take a guy top 10 who is being projected extremely high here....Stewart would need to run a sub 4.4 to be considered a top 10 prospect...what makes him a top 10 prospect to you?

He played in a gimmicky offense and never lined up in the I....what makes you think teams are going to be willing to invest in this guy this early other than plain measureables...if this is the case I want to see what your projected numbers are on him...so that I can laugh or congratulate you at the combine.

Crickett
01-27-2008, 03:56 PM
You realize that MB3 is shopping a 30 million dollar contract right?

I hope you mean 30 million total and not 30 million garunteed aka Peyton Manning money.

Patriots16-0
01-27-2008, 04:30 PM
I'd give 8 out of 10 to the Pats pick.

LonghornsLegend
01-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Sorry but that Dallas trade is horrible...makes no sense at all, Barber is close to a 30 million dollar deal, so why would we trade an extra 1st rder, and a 3rd rder to get Jonathan Stewart? explanation of why you think that would happen would be nice, there are a million rbs in this draft that are going to be good, why on earth would we trade picks for the 2nd rb in the draft, and with Barber he's not even the best fit...Felix Jones, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Anthony Aldrige, all those guys can come in and be great for what we need at rb and can be taken later while addressing other needs...

it seems more like you were trying to find a trade that totaled the same amount of points, but it makes no sense...it doesnt even make sense to do that for mcfadden let alone the 2nd best rb

Thunder&Lightning
01-28-2008, 08:37 AM
id like to see the chargers get cromartie if he is available

BmoreBlackByrdz
01-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Leodis McKelvin over Matt Ryan anyday, same with Ryan Clady

asmitty45
01-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I like mendenhall at 15, but I'm not buying the rams/chiefs swap. I know it works out on the chart, but I think jake Long will still be there at 5 and they wont have to mortgage a part of their future in order to get him.

Dr. Gonzo
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I hate the Vikings pick. I wouldn't even be a fan of CB in the 3rd. We have other far more pressing needs.