PDA

View Full Version : We need to draft Owen Schimtt

bigbuc
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
We need Buc ball back... The nasty players like Sapp, Alstott, and John guy's who would knock the piss out of you, I just don't see that from these Buc's. I don't see the fight they once had... We would win games with the score 12 to 9.

Schmitt would bring some of that nasty back... He would bing that A Train with him... He would close out games.. Five min's left up by three, run Schmitt down there necks. Plus he's a great blocker!

We don't have to draft him, we need too!!! This is one of the guy's who wins you football games. Those guys that the other team hates to play... old school has a lot of fight in him.

Caddy
01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I hardly think that Schmitt would be the game breaker you are making him out to be and I doubt he is even considered by Tampa Bay. Since Gruden has been in town FB's have not been utilized in the traditional sense and Schmitt is a traditional FB. I could see him as an UDFA, but think it is way more likely we go with Askew again and some schlub like Byron Storer who can play special teams.

etk
01-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Your post makes little sense bigbuc. You're speaking from entirely an emotional perspective on football, when really it's 2008 and games are won on talent. Schmitt has hardly run the ball in his college career and he won't be running any more than Lorenzo Neal does in the pros. I don't see how a blocking fullback wins us games, and if it did I'd rather sign/draft Mike Cox who's more under-the-radar and wouldn't cost a high-ish draft pick that can be used on a skilled player.

I'd much rather have Jacob Hester or Peyton Hillis, both of which can play a multitude of roles catching, blocking and playing ST. BJ Askew has done fine as our blocking back and all we need behind him is a special teamer, with anything else being a bonus.

I think we have plenty of nasty Bucs nowadays. Graham is one of the most physical backs in the league, and our offensive line includes Sears, Joseph and Trueblood, 3 maulers. Michael Clayton is probably the most physical receiver in the game and blocks with passion. TJax and Phillips love to hit. We have plenty of physicality and like dbtb said...I'm sick of buc fans begging for the next Alstott.

YoJoeBucsFan
01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Your post makes little sense bigbuc. You're speaking from entirely an emotional perspective on football, when really it's 2008 and games are won on talent. Schmitt has hardly run the ball in his college career and he won't be running any more than Lorenzo Neal does in the pros. I don't see how a blocking fullback wins us games, and if it did I'd rather sign/draft Mike Cox who's more under-the-radar and wouldn't cost a high-ish draft pick that can be used on a skilled player.

I'd much rather have Jacob Hester or Peyton Hillis, both of which can play a multitude of roles catching, blocking and playing ST. BJ Askew has done fine as our blocking back and all we need behind him is a special teamer, with anything else being a bonus.

I think we have plenty of nasty Bucs nowadays. Graham is one of the most physical backs in the league, and our offensive line includes Sears, Joseph and Trueblood, 3 maulers. Michael Clayton is probably the most physical receiver in the game and blocks with passion. TJax and Phillips love to hit. We have plenty of physicality and like dbtb said...I'm sick of buc fans begging for the next Alstott.

I agree except about Trueblood. I think he is less than effective in pass blocking he is too stiff and will need to replaced in order to have a solid offensive line.

etk
01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
I agree except about Trueblood. I think he is less than effective in pass blocking he is too stiff and will need to replaced in order to have a solid offensive line.

I said Trueblood was a mauler. Never did I say he's a good pass blocker. I agree that he's too stiff and he's not reliable when it counts.

Bucs4242
01-28-2008, 02:21 PM
BJ Askew had a great year as both a blocker, receiver, and even as a runner when we needed him. He is young, a great teammate and great ST player. He was an alternate for the Pro Bowl I think. We don't need Schmitt and in fact it would be a waste. I like the guy a lot, but he isnt coming here

You dont see any Lynch, Alstott or Brooks?

How about Phillips, Jackson, Ruud, and Clayton? We are going to get more and I know what you mean about wanting to see that physicality but I dont think FB is where we need it. Let's get a dirty, nasty, mean SOB center and a grizzly, hairy, fat, stinky UT and hopefully when Brooks retires my boy Quincy Black will lay the wood as well

StaticGator
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
With Askew the Bucs ran with more power than they have in years. Fullback is one of the last positions that needs to be addressed.