PDA

View Full Version : Brian Kelly to be a Free Agent

SpinaMan
01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/27/Bucs/Kelly_plans_to_become.shtml

time to draft antoine cason

TRJ997
01-27-2008, 12:26 AM
While injuries have consistently crushed him in recent years, losing BK was a big reason our defense slipped so hard in 2003. He's got top 10 CB talent, but it may be time to let him go. I'm officially on board with paying my fellow UCF alum, Asante Samuel.

dbtb135
01-27-2008, 01:42 AM
It'll suck to see a lifetime Buc go plays his 4 games a year in some other jersey.....:D

Chucky
01-27-2008, 09:17 AM
I really want Patrick Lee in the second if he is there. He would be a great for the cover. Too bad to see Kelly go though, him and Ronde used to be the best combo out there

Tampa 2 4 life
01-27-2008, 11:23 AM
While injuries have consistently crushed him in recent years, losing BK was a big reason our defense slipped so hard in 2003. He's got top 10 CB talent, but it may be time to let him go. I'm officially on board with paying my fellow UCF alum, Asante Samuel.

Asante Samuel in a cover two? Are you kidding me?

etk
01-27-2008, 04:51 PM
I really want Patrick Lee in the second if he is there. He would be a great for the cover. Too bad to see Kelly go though, him and Ronde used to be the best combo out there

I don't love Patrick Lee. I think there's better value for us with other prospects or later-round guys. I also don't like Antoine Cason very much.

Brandon Flowers, Charles Godfrey, Simeon Castille, Terrell Thomas, Chevis Jackson are all guys I really like. Trae Williams is one of the group of guys that are decent but not the best options.

Asante Samuel would be a solid fit for the Cover 2, but he's not worth the amount of money it would cost. We don't need an "elite man CB" when solid Cover 2 guys grow on trees.

Caddy
01-27-2008, 05:11 PM
I read about this on Pewter Report yesterday and I don't think it is going to be a hug issue. Like DB pointed out, Kelly has been playing injured for the last few seasons anyway and Buchanon has shown plenty of ability in a starting position. I think all this really means is we either have to go for a relatively big name FA, or use one of our early draft picks on a CB.

etk
01-27-2008, 11:09 PM
PBuc with ball skills=:)

TRJ997
01-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Asante Samuel in a cover two? Are you kidding me?

We are no longer a strict cover 2 defense. I'll take Samuel any Sunday. Buchanon is performing well in our defense despite the fact that he was not viewed as a cover 2 corner.