PDA

View Full Version : Chargers to play Saints in London

Average OT LB
01-27-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080126-1632-london.html

Can't be all that bad for us, its not a home game. Good for the NFL - it wont be the borefest it was last year..

Thunder&Lightning
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
not bad idea for them i would be pissed if they had to lose a home game in SD for this but since its an away game no worries...

San Diego Chicken
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I saw this and really don't understand it. First of all, San Diego to London is a long flight that I've made before and not easy... I know last year when the Giants/Dolphins game was announced, it was implied that it would really only be an east coast team thing, which made more sense, it's easier for both fans and teams to make the trip. But realistically, how many Chargers and Saints fans are going to fly to London? I know London isn't a sexy vacation spot for people in San Diego. And didn't the Saints already have a ton of home games taken away from them due to Katrina? Doesn't seem very fair to move another one.

I doubt the players and coaches are very thrilled about going, hopefully it's after the bye week.

d34ng3l021
01-28-2008, 01:36 AM
I cant wait for this game. 2 high powered offenses vs each other. Brees plays his former team.

Hope the Chargers kick ass.