PDA

View Full Version : BBC Presents: Mock Draft "The Redemption"

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
1. Atlanta Falcons(trade via Miami)- RB Darren McFadden Arkansas

*2nd rounder and possibly a 5th and a future.

Falcons move up in order to secure the player they know will bring fans into the seats and bring some excitement back to Atlanta. I know they have two second rounders so one of them along with a later pick and maybe a future pick should do the trick to secure there new franchise player.

2. St. Louis Rams- DE Chris Long Virginia

Rams will boast a very impressive defensive line next year and Long also gives them the flexibilty of playing many positions on ther hybrid defense.

3. Oakland Raiders- DT Glen Dorsey LSU

With McFadden off the board they are able to concentrate of more of a need pick in this spot.

4.Miami Dolphins(via trade with Falcons)- DE/OLB Vernon Gholston Ohio State

In the same mold of DeMarcus Ware and certainly a player that will wreck havoc in there 3-4 system.

5. Kansas City Cheifs- DT Sedrick Ellis USC

Flip a coin between Ellis and Long for this pick but if we go based on BPA I am going to favor Ellis in this spot since he also fills a huge void along the defensive line.

6. N.Y. Jets- OT Jake Long Michigan

Now they will be able to replace Clement at RT which was a huge liability for them last year.

7. New England Patriots- DE/OLB Derrick Harvey Florida

Vrabel is aging and depth is needed for the OLB in there 3-4. They have gone to the Florida well for offense and now they'll try defense. Definite trade spot for the Pats here as I dont see the actual value for what they need in this spot.

8. Baltimore Ravens- QB Matt Ryan Boston College

I think the Panthers might try to trade up for Ryan but if not the Ravens cant continue to live life with a broken down McNair and awful Kyle Boller and a late round undersized QB in Smith.

9. Cincinatti Bengals- DE Calais Campbell U of M

With both Smith and Robinson UFA and Geathers coming off a down year and very little depth they need to address the defensive end spot nice and early. They may trade down but I think this is what they are looking for. Linebacker can be had here but they have many returning linebackers coming back from injury. Brooks,Thurman,Pollack etc etc.

10. New Orleans Saints- CB Michael Jenkins South Florida

Craft was just down right awfull so they need to make sure they come out of this draft with a top cover corner.

11. Buffalo Bills- WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma

Bills need to get a big wideout to compliment there short speedy ones and to give there young QB's a decent target to throw too in the redzone.

12. Denver Broncos- OLB Dan Conner Penn State

Tough physical linebacker who could possibly move to the middle to move D.J. Williams back to the outside.

13. Carolina Panthers- OT Ryan Clady Boise State

Big nasty offensive tackle to give them some help just in case both Wharton and Gross leave as UFA.

14. Chicago Bears- QB Brian Brohm Louisvillle

The Bears need to get a viable signal caller as they can no longer continue to beleive that Griese,Orton, or UFA Grossman is the answer.

15. Detroit Lions- OT Jeff Otah Pitt.

There line struggled last year due to the fact that Mike Martz put a ton of pressure on the offensive line but that doesnt hide the fact the RT is a very sore spot on this team with Woody possibly leaving via free agency and George Foster being a waste of space. The defense needs to be addressed also, but if the Lions are going to be more physical then Otah would help them a ton. It's easier to find competent defenders via free agency then it is to find a soild offensive lineman like Otah.

16. Arizona Cardinals- CB Leodis McKlevin Troy

This move will allow them to shift Antrel Rolle to FS and improve there secondary immediately.

17. Minnesota Vikings- WR DeSean Jackson Cal

Explosive playmaker and punt returner will give T Jax another weapon along side Rice.

18. Houston Texans- RB Johnathan Stewart Oregan

Sure fire running back will team up nicely with Andre Johnson in that up and coming offense.

19. Philadelphia Eagles- OT Sam Baker USC

Thomas and Runyan are both aging. Justice is better served at Right Tackle so getting the nimble foot Baker to groom behind Thomas would be wise. Eagles are certainly big in drafting lineman with there first pick.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs- OLB Keith Rivers USC

Brooks cant play forvever and I happen to think that Rivers might be a Brooks clone. Nice pick for the Bucs to at very least secure the future after Brooks who is 35.

21. Washington Redskins- DE Philip Merling Clemson

They seem to always need defensive end help so hopefully Merling is the answer for them at this spot.

22. Dallas Cowboys- CB Aquib Talib Kansas

They need secondary help pretty badly and this move will also help out as they will have the option to move Henry to FS.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- FS Kenny Phillips UM

Steelers get and impact safety to put along side Polamalu. Now they can get rid of that smack talking Anthony Smith.

24. Tennessee Titans- WR Limas Sweed Texas

Big playmaking wideout and Young's old college target.

25. Seattle Seahawks- RB Rashard Mendenhall Illinois

Standout back to eventually take over for Alexander.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- WR Mario Manningham Michigan

Jags need someone who can stretch the field to go along with all there big physical wideouts. They could use an end but none worth taking at this spot.

27. San Diego Chargeres- OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College

Massive Tackle prospect who will fill an immediate need at RT.

28. Dallas Cowboys- RB Felix Jones Arkansas

Boys get there man in Jones.

29. San Francisco 49ers- OG Chilo Rachal USC

There offensive line is in severe flux with Allen retirning and Smiley leaving via free agency.

30. Green Bay Packers- CB Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie Tenn St.

He needs to get bigger but this is a developmental prospect to groom behind Harris and Woodson. I also like Charles Godfrey in this spot.

31. New York Giants- FS Reggie Smith Oklahoma

Fits exactly what the Giants need and may be able to start next year.

2nd round

33. Miami Dolphins- DE/DT Kentwan Balmer UNC

Perfect fit for the 3-4 defense at end.

34. St. Louis Rams- OT Chris Williams Vanderbilt

Offers them flexibilty all over the line.

35. Oakland Raiders- WR Early Doucet LSU

Reunite Doucet with Russell.

36. Cincinnati Bengals(via Atlanta via Miami)- OLB Phillip Wheeler Georgia Tech

* Miami deals the Atlanta pick to the Bengals for the rights to WR Chad Johnson.

Bengals wanted a top 2nd round pick for Johnson and get it after Miami gets Atlanta's top pick in the second. Wheeler is another solid addition to there defense to go along with Campbell in the 1st round.

37. Kansas City Cheifs- OT Carl Nicks Nebraska

Cheifs get there offensive lineman in this spot.

38. New York Jets- DE/OLB Quentin Groves Auburn

Much needed 3-4 OLB.

39. Baltimore Ravens- CB Charles Godfrey Iowa

Big physical corner to help groom behind the aging vets.

40. San Francisco 49ers- WR James Hardy Indiana

Physical wideout will give the niners young QB a big redzone target

41. New Orleans Saints- DT Pat Sims Auburn

Big physical tackle to put in the middle of there defense.

42. Buffalo Bills- TE Fred Davis USC

With the loss of Everett they need a weapon at TE. Davis and Kelly as the top two picks i'd be real excited in Buffalo.

43. Denver Broncos- DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame

Heard he looked great during the senior bowl and would help fill a huge void at DT for the Broncos.

44. Carolina Panthers- QB Chad Henne Michigan

Panthers need to add some depth to there QB spot so securing Henne here is a nice value spot.

45. Chicago Bears- OT Tony Hills Texas

Will help fill the void they have at RT.

46. Detroit Lions- CB Antoine Cason Arizona

They need secondary help pretty badly.

47. Cincinatti Bengals- WR Devin Thomas Michigan State

They need to find a replacement for the loss of Ocho Stinko.

48. Minnesota Vikings- DE Lawrence Jackson USC

They could stand to use some depth at defenseive end since Erasmus James is a bust.

49. Atlanta Falcons- QB Andre Woodson Kentucky

Woodson and McFadden should help sell many of tickets in Atlanta and bring a positive buzz to the city.

50. Philadelphia Eagles- OLB Ali Highsmith LSU

Will offer some depth behind the recently injured Spikes on the weakside.

51. Arizona Cardinals- RB Chris Johnson East Carolina

Big speedy back to compliment and eventually replace James.

52. Washington Redskins- S Thomas DeCoud Cal

Safety to hopefully help fill the void left by the loss of Taylor.

53. Tampa Bay Bucs- WR Harry Douglass Louisville

Speedy playmaker that Gruden needs to groom behind Galloway.

54. Pittsburgh Steelers- OG Ray Schuening Oregan State

Basically in the mold of Faneca and will be his replacement.

55. Tennessee Titans- DT Dre Moore Maryland

Big physical tackle just in case they cant keep Haynesworth.

56. Seattle Seahawks- TE Martellus Bennett Texas A&M

Big TE target for Hasselbeck.

57. Cleveland Browns- DT Ahtyba Rubin Iowa State

Big NT they need to replace old man Ted.

58. Miami Dolphins- TE John Carlson Notre Dame

Parcells loves his Notre Dame Tight Ends.

59. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Chris Ellis Virginia Tech

Jags could use some end help.

60. Indianapolis Colts- DT DeMario Pressly NC State

Colts need to start beefing up at DT.

61. Green Bay Packers- OLB Tavares Gooden Miami

Just drafting for depth on there team at this point.

62. Dallas Cowboys- WR Donnie Avery Houston

They need some playmaker's at WR.

63. New York Giants- ILB Curtis Lofton Oklahoma

I was going to change this pick for an OLB but with Kiwanuka coming back next year to play the strong once again and with Torbor behind him I feel solid with that. Mitchell and Wilikinson on the other side. A nicklel corner can be had in the third round. Lofton is a beast and can play mutiple positions at linebacker. I love Antonio Pierce but if he gets hurt I want someone better then Blackburn that had experience playing the middle.

64. New England Patriots- Tracy Porter Indiana

Top cover guy and may have to step in to replace the possible loss of Samuel.

Hope this mock was a bit better then the last one I put out. Enjoy!

thebow305
01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Great phins draft! I love both of our trades very much!! That would be almost the perfect day for me. If I can nitpick a little bit, I would rather have Cason or Rubin over Connor though.

Thunder&Lightning
01-29-2008, 03:32 PM
nice chargers pick

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 03:33 PM
I knew you would like that Bow. I live down here in Fort Lauderdale and that trade is all that's being talked about on 790 the ticket. The Bengals want a high 2nd round pick and what better way to get it then with a trade down with the Falcons. Deal is also good for the Falcons because they get to secure the player they want away from the Raiders and Cowboys. Why are you down on Connor????? Seems to be the tough hard nosed player the linebacking core needs.

thebow305
01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
I semi-agree with you on Connor. He seems like he might be a good fit. But after seeing the Senior Bowl and how many missed assignments and missed tackles, as well as being run over on a couple occasions, I started to question him a little bit. I could be wrong, but he just doesn't seem to have that mean streak that we need.

About CJ.... I know it is relatively new, but is that looking like a real possibility that we could trade for him? Because that would absolutely make my offseason, and entire SEASON for that matter, since it was such an ugly one this year. We wouldn't even have to make that trade with ATL, we could just give up OUR 2nd rounder. The 33rd pick or whatever it is. I would do that in a heartbeat! I hope this thing gets done.... what do you think!?

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Well hearing the radio today and seeing the recent cry to Bill Parcells from Ocho Cinco it seems like a huge possibility. I had overheard that the Bengals want the top pick in the second but the Phins dont want to give that one up. If they could swing a deal with the Falcons for there top second since they have two picks then they could deal the top 2nd rounder they get from the Falcons to satisfy the trade demands of the Bengals.

fenikz
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Great 1st round pick, terrible 2nd, Smith has to reason to be in the 2nd he is a 3rd rounder at best in this deep RB class and we have much higher needs, if you are going to give us a RB make it speed back like Charles someone who can complement James

thebow305
01-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Well hearing the radio today and seeing the recent cry to Bill Parcells from Ocho Cinco it seems like a huge possibility. I had overheard that the Bengals want the top pick in the second but the Phins dont want to give that one up. If they could swing a deal with the Falcons for there top second since they have two picks then they could deal the top 2nd rounder they get from the Falcons to satisfy the trade demands of the Bengals.

I understand not wanting to give up that high of a pick, which is totally against what Parcells usually does. But have they seen our WR corps lately!? Ginn was actually the only dependable one through the last couple of games. And he is young, and the jury is still out as to whether he could be a # 1 Wideout in this league. Pairing a big, proven, veteran with Ginn would be a tremendous compliment to him and would help the offense immensely IMO if CJ can keep his head straight. We have not had a group of playmaking WR's in a long time, one that defensives had to gameplan for. And this has, in part, attributed to our anemic offenses and QB play over the last decade or so.

Call me crazy, but I'd do it in a second!

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Great 1st round pick, terrible 2nd, Smith has to reason to be in the 2nd he is a 3rd rounder at best in this deep RB class and we have much higher needs, if you are going to give us a RB make it speed back like Charles someone who can complement James

Done. Just thought that Whisenhunt would go for the more physical Smith but Charles is just as good maybe even better because as you stated he is the speedier back and only a few pounds lighter then Smith. Scott had Stewart in the 1st round too you guys so I am assuming that you guys would look at one in the 2nd since i have McLevin going in the first.

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
I understand not wanting to give up that high of a pick, which is totally against what Parcells usually does. But have they seen our WR corps lately!? Ginn was actually the only dependable one through the last couple of games. And he is young, and the jury is still out as to whether he could be a # 1 Wideout in this league. Pairing a big, proven, veteran with Ginn would be a tremendous compliment to him and would help the offense immensely IMO if CJ can keep his head straight. We have not had a group of playmaking WR's in a long time, one that defensives had to gameplan for. And this has, in part, attributed to our anemic offenses and QB play over the last decade or so.

Call me crazy, but I'd do it in a second!

I have a feeling this trade is going to pick up steam come draft day. Chad Johnson does not want to be a Bengal anymore and will continue to make the Bengals miserable until they trade him. It looks like Chad really wants to become a MIAMI DOLPHIN.

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I wish i had some of those pretty pictures to add to this mock like some of you out there. How the hell do you do that???? Also I am hoping this mock loses the Madden moniker my last one had HAHAHAH!

fenikz
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Done. Just thought that Whisenhunt would go for the more physical Smith but Charles is just as good maybe even better because as you stated he is the speedier back and only a few pounds lighter then Smith. Scott had Stewart in the 1st round too you guys so I am assuming that you guys would look at one in the 2nd since i have McLevin going in the first.

Ya RB is somewhat of a need but not a dire one, it's kind of nice to actually be able to draft for some depth normally we draft a guy and put him in as a starter right away, Charles probably has the best pure skills out of all the RB's in the draft and with Edge to teach him over his remaining year's he could become a stud

d34ng3l021
01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Terrible trade up. We would not trade up for McFadden. I think we might not even take McFadden if he drops to us. Theres no reason to trade up for a guy who has a similar running style as Norwood and has some major flaws.

We will stay there at 3 and just draft Sedrick Ellis.

Good 2nd round pick.

G-Men88
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Excellent 1st round pick for the Giants but if the Giants were gonna take a LB in the 2nd it would be Erin henderson for the outside

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Excellent 1st round pick for the Giants but if the Giants were gonna take a LB in the 2nd it would be Erin henderson for the outside

I took Lofton because of the lack of depth behind Pierce with only Blackburn to speak of. I have high hopes for Gerris Wilkinson.

JCutlery
01-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I think both of the Broncos' picks are reaches.

Patriots16-0
01-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Give us Kenny Phillips, Johnathan Stewart or DRC instead of Harvey.

T-RICH49
01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
solid KC draft

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 05:51 PM

All would be reaches. Why Johnathan Stewart with Maroney coming into his own and Sammy Morris returning next year. Why Phillips at #8 when you got Meriweather who is way better then Phillips and was taken much later. Way Way Way too early to put DRC at #7. I would get hung on here if I put DRC at #7. To my knowledge I have never known the Pats to draft or reach for a corner in the 1st. This draft is really lacking in 3-4 OLB like Harvey so he is the pick that makes the most sense for me at that spot. He is the second best 3-4 OLB in this draft other then Gholston. After that there is a huge drop off in talent. I have the Pats getting there corner late in the second and it happens to be a good one in Porter.

01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Interesting second rounder for the Raiders, Johnson is a very valuable weapon but in the ZBS and with Bush/Fargas already on the roster it wouldnt be the wisest move. WR or OL looks to be the first offensive player off the board for us.

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I think both of the Broncos' picks are reaches.

I disagree. In this very weak DT draft Kentwan Balmer is going to climb up the boards real quick. Wait till after the combine but I feel good about Balmer at that spot for the defensive tackle needy Broncos. Kenny Phillips could go too you guys at that spot but I happen to think he is the most overhyped prospect so far coming into this draft.

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Interesting second rounder for the Raiders, Johnson is a very valuable weapon but in the ZBS and with Bush/Fargas already on the roster it wouldnt be the wisest move. WR or OL looks to be the first offensive player off the board for us.

Thanks for the tip I totally forgot about Bush. I will adjust in my future mock to give you guys a WR. Johnson would then slip to the Cards.

Patriots16-0
01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
All would be reaches. Why Johnathan Stewart with Maroney coming into his own and Sammy Morris returning next year. Why Phillips at #8 when you got Meriweather who is way better then Phillips and was taken much later. Way Way Way too early to put DRC at #7. I would get hung on here if I put DRC at #7. To my knowledge I have never known the Pats to draft or reach for a corner in the 1st. This draft is really lacking in 3-4 OLB like Harvey so he is the pick that makes the most sense for me at that spot. He is the second best 3-4 OLB in this draft other then Gholston. After that there is a huge drop off in talent. I have the Pats getting there corner late in the second and it happens to be a good one in Porter.

1 - Sammy Morris is slow and weak
2 - Rodney Harrison is old and Phillips + Meriweather would be great
3 - DRC at #7 isn't early.

Also, LB is a thing we can get in the 3rd round.

Turtlepower
01-29-2008, 06:33 PM
1st round is good, but in the second we should probably take Porter over Lofton. I love Lofton, but we still have Pierce signed on for another 3 years. Porter plays man-press very well and is quick as well.

Rich Jr
01-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Rivers>McKlevin>Jenkins

TitanHope
01-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Limas Sweed in the 1st is good. Usual pick.

I like that you went DT in the 2nd. DL period must be addressed, even if we keep all of our FA's. But as of now, Haynesworth, Odom, and LaBoy are slated to hit the market. Fat Al will likely get tagged, but he is injury prone and we have no one behind him. And Tony Brown is great next to Haynesworth, but is really a rotational/situational guy when next to ordinary talent. But, if we lose a DE, which seems likely, I can see us going DE. But as of now, I think DT is a bigger issue. The only problem I have with Harrison is his character issues. With PacMan, I am weary of anyone with a bad history. So I'd prefer to avoid him and take Dre Moore, a guy who I think fills Haynesworth's role in our defense more. A big, athletic DT who can rush the passer and stop the run. Harrison just seems like a run-stuffer, which isn't good as we need our Front 4 to create pressure alone.

1 - Limas Sweed
2 - Dre Moore

Then go TE with Martin Rucker or Jermichael Finley, and thats a great Titans Draft. Also, I would not think twice about trading the Titans 1st RD pick for Chad Johnson... *drools*

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Demario Pressley wouldnt be a bad pick for the Titans either. I'll adjust in new mock.

BigBlueCrew56
01-29-2008, 08:10 PM
1st round is good, but in the second we should probably take Porter over Lofton. I love Lofton, but we still have Pierce signed on for another 3 years. Porter plays man-press very well and is quick as well.

It could be an option for sure. I had been going back and forth on that.

OSUGiants17
01-29-2008, 08:31 PM
I took Lofton because of the lack of depth behind Pierce with only Blackburn to speak of. I have high hopes for Gerris Wilkinson.

I love the 1st, and know that you explain round 2 I like it but would still prefer a OLB.

p.s. I also have high hopes for Wilkinson.

defensiveback23
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Solid pick for the Bolts. Cherilus would be a great addition to the offense. Although, it is becoming harder for me to picture the Chargers passing up on Rodgers-Cromartie.

NIN1984
01-29-2008, 11:28 PM
good looking mock and I agree WR would be better for Oakland in round two.

Turtlepower
01-29-2008, 11:31 PM
It could be an option for sure. I had been going back and forth on that.

I personally feel that Blackburn has performed well as a back-up to Pierce. Then again, I think that if Lofton is drafted by a team that let's him start early, he will be the DROY next year.

Diehard
01-30-2008, 01:15 AM
I disagree. In this very weak DT draft Kentwan Balmer is going to climb up the boards real quick. Wait till after the combine but I feel good about Balmer at that spot for the defensive tackle needy Broncos. Kenny Phillips could go too you guys at that spot but I happen to think he is the most overhyped prospect so far coming into this draft.

Yes, it is a weak DT draft... but Balmer climbing up the boards for that reason doesn't equal value. It means the talent pool sucks at this position, and you're reaching to fill a need. I just don't see what Balmer has done to separate himself from the rest of the second tier DT's. Did he really look that great at the Senior Bowl before getting hurt? Certainly wasn't making the kind of impression Ellis did...

Obviously, you really want to give the Broncos a DT in round 1. Guess what, the value just isn't there. The team has plenty of other needs that could be addressed... LB, OT, S all come to mind, and a case could be made for RB and WR as well depending on how the off season works out.

The Decoud pick pretty much follows the same line of reasoning - reaching for need due to a weak pool at that position. Perhaps the Broncos could get their **** together and go with the strengths of the draft instead of the weaknesses?

Bar-bq
01-30-2008, 03:41 AM
Perfect Rams Draft. A+

BigBlueCrew56
01-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Yes, it is a weak DT draft... but Balmer climbing up the boards for that reason doesn't equal value. It means the talent pool sucks at this position, and you're reaching to fill a need. I just don't see what Balmer has done to separate himself from the rest of the second tier DT's. Did he really look that great at the Senior Bowl before getting hurt? Certainly wasn't making the kind of impression Ellis did...

Obviously, you really want to give the Broncos a DT in round 1. Guess what, the value just isn't there. The team has plenty of other needs that could be addressed... LB, OT, S all come to mind, and a case could be made for RB and WR as well depending on how the off season works out.

The Decoud pick pretty much follows the same line of reasoning - reaching for need due to a weak pool at that position. Perhaps the Broncos could get their **** together and go with the strengths of the draft instead of the weaknesses?

I understand and will take your insight into consideration into the next mock. Would Dan Connor or Keith Rivers be a better pick for you guys in that spot???? I know you guys have highe hopes for Ryan Harris next year as the starting LT so that is why I didnt go for an offensive lineman in that spot. I just have this thing stuck in my head on how poor your defensive line played and that is why I am stressing DT to you guys. OLB is also a position of need so your advice on Connor or Rivers in that spot would greatly help.

BigBlueCrew56
01-30-2008, 07:39 AM
I love the 1st, and know that you explain round 2 I like it but would still prefer a OLB.

p.s. I also have high hopes for Wilkinson.

Couldnt we just move Lofton to the strong side?????? Or have him be the main backup for the middle and strong???? Erin Henderson of Maryland would certainly fit on the strong side but wouldnt he be stuck behind Kiwanuka and Torbor????? The weakside is Mitchell and Wilkinson so a young guy is already in place behind Mitchell. The middle if the only viable spot where we could use an upgraded backup in my mind. Maybe grab an extra offensive lineman could always be a possibility. I really do like Guy Whimper at tackle though.

BigBlueCrew56
01-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Moved some picks around based on the comments I have received. Hope this works out a bit better.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Hate the Ryan pick, but Godfrey is a very good prospect though rd 2 may be a bit high for him.

ABWA757
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
nice bills picks.

Handel
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM

Actually, I prefer Harvey over Phillips.

gdamac
01-30-2008, 11:00 AM
After the whole Mike Vick experience I don't see the Falcons trading up and giving #1 money to a guy with a rap sheet and a paternity suit, that is a huge investment and risk, also I think they would have to give up both their 2nd rounders.

Chad Johnson for a second rounder? Just because he asked to be traded doesn't mean his value would tank that much, did I miss something else with that deal? If that happened I would be shocked, does CJ have a no trade clause or something? If I were the Bengals I would try and pull off an swap of the 1st and 9th picks for Johnson, they may have to sweeten it a bit, but too not much, we're talking about one of the top 2 or 3 wide outs in the game.

Good pick for the Raiders in the first, but in the second, I wouldn't complain too much, but you have some OTs Like Nicks or Hill, and other WRs, like Devon Thomas and Andre Caldwell (who you don't have in the first 2 rounds? If Laws gets a senior bowl bump, I think he does too) that I would prefer over Doucet. Also I wouldn't mind Jake Long in the first and Pat Simms/Dre Moore in the 2nd.

BigBlueCrew56
01-30-2008, 11:32 AM
After the whole Mike Vick experience I don't see the Falcons trading up and giving #1 money to a guy with a rap sheet and a paternity suit, that is a huge investment and risk, also I think they would have to give up both their 2nd rounders.

Chad Johnson for a second rounder? Just because he asked to be traded doesn't mean his value would tank that much, did I miss something else with that deal? If that happened I would be shocked, does CJ have a no trade clause or something? If I were the Bengals I would try and pull off an swap of the 1st and 9th picks for Johnson, they may have to sweeten it a bit, but too not much, we're talking about one of the top 2 or 3 wide outs in the game.

Good pick for the Raiders in the first, but in the second, I wouldn't complain too much, but you have some OTs Like Nicks or Hill, and other WRs, like Devon Thomas and Andre Caldwell (who you don't have in the first 2 rounds? If Laws gets a senior bowl bump, I think he does too) that I would prefer over Doucet. Also I wouldn't mind Jake Long in the first and Pat Simms/Dre Moore in the 2nd.

I beg to differ on the Falcons trade. I think Arthur Blank is a business man and he knows he needs to get fans back in the seats and bring some positive buzz back to the city of Atlanta. Darren McFadden is not only a name but a real special talent. The cost of moving up is right on par as i dont think the Phins really stress the chart as much this year due to the fact that there really isnt a clear cut #1 pick. I can tell you that the best player in this draft is McFadden though.

LonghornsLegend
01-30-2008, 02:06 PM
It seems like you made that Atlanta trade to make the Miami trade happen easier...McFadden will be there at two, so now matter how you hype him up only way he goes top 2 is if dallas trades up to 1...parcells doesnt believe in taking backs that high, st louis has steven jackson, he will be there at 3...and its still up in the air if they take him, but they need ALL their picks just like miami does, so there is no way they are going to risk trading picks away for a rb that will be there, if anything they trade back themselves, but that scenario is just unrealistic on their end and just caters to the miami trade scenario

tjsunstein
01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
solid gb mock

roidrunner
01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Solid packers draft. very solid

BigBlueCrew56
01-30-2008, 02:46 PM
It seems like you made that Atlanta trade to make the Miami trade happen easier...McFadden will be there at two, so now matter how you hype him up only way he goes top 2 is if dallas trades up to 1...parcells doesnt believe in taking backs that high, st louis has steven jackson, he will be there at 3...and its still up in the air if they take him, but they need ALL their picks just like miami does, so there is no way they are going to risk trading picks away for a rb that will be there, if anything they trade back themselves, but that scenario is just unrealistic on their end and just caters to the miami trade scenario

If you are Arthur Blank, A very smart business man. He needs something to juice up the city of Atlanta and bring some hype back to a franchise that has been decimated. Staying put at there spot and hoping somebody doesnt trade up for McFadden is a huge gamble. If they are able to take all those worries out of the equation and move up to #1 they are 100% guaranteed of getting McFadden. If they happen to get the #4 pick they also have to be concerned that the Raiders take him at #3. McFadden is the hype machine he needs for promotions,billboards, season ticket sales etc etc. Much like what Mike Vick did for the city of Atlanta. I just cant envision the city of Atlanta being hyped about a Matt Ryan or Dorsey as there first pick. In my mind the Falcons take just a slight risk by offering one of there two second round picks and a later pick or future for the right to select the player who most likley will be viewed as the face of the franchise. With all the money they are expecting to get back from the whole Mike Vick Fiasco and once again with McFadden promotions in such paying #1 money too him would just be a drop in the bucket for Mr. Blank.

BigBlueCrew56
01-30-2008, 03:00 PM

What if the Cowboys intentions are true about trading up for McFadden??? We really dont know what the hell is going on and anything could happen on draft day. From everything that I am hearing many people will be surprised if Bill Parcells stills holds the #1 pick come draft day even if it means taking the Cowboys offer of there two #1 picks and moving all the way too the back of the draft.

BigBlueCrew56
01-30-2008, 03:05 PM
I have seen enough of McFadden too know that he is the clear cut #1 player in this draft. I actually won a lot of money this year betting on Arkansas games because of the magic of McFadden. And too say that Jerious Norwood is anywhere near the player that McFadden is well I would consider that the most unrealistic usumption of all.

Bills2083
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Rivers is better value at 11, but if you really want Kelly there, I'd rather go with Tavares Gooden or Antoine Cason in round 2

LonghornsLegend
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I have seen enough of McFadden too know that he is the clear cut #1 player in this draft. I actually won a lot of money this year betting on Arkansas games because of the magic of McFadden. And too say that Jerious Norwood is anywhere near the player that McFadden is well I would consider that the most unrealistic usumption of all.

with all that being said, the Falcons are going to stay where they are, keep their picks and take who they can...if dallas wants to overpay for the next best thing thats fine, but when you are a team like atlanta it makes no sense to trade up for a guy that will be there more then likely...dallas MIGHT trade up, but even if they do, mcfadden isnt the only guy who is going to be good in this draft...nor is he the only guy atlanta is marketing, mcfadden is still a thought even if he falls to them at 3 its not a lock, so they surely dont feel strong enough to move up and pay more for what they would pay for him...its too many other prospects like Sedrick Ellis that a team would love to take instead and keep their other picks, atl has too many needs to be moving up for a rb

pickles
01-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Would rather go with Chris WIlliams in the 1st for the 49ers, OG is not a problem, Baas really stepped up last season, and Snyder is a better fit at Guard then OT.

I expect Jennings to be cut, or at least not in the 49ers future plans, so we will need a RT since Staley is going to be moved to LT.

jayceheathman
01-30-2008, 05:15 PM
I like the Jonathan Stewart pick but it would be interesting what they would do if Kenny Phillips is still on the board like he is in your draft.

TacticaLion
01-30-2008, 10:33 PM
15. Detroit Lions- OT Jeff Otah Pitt.

They probably had the worst offensive line in the game so they need to address this NOW!Wow. Are you serious?

You seem to be just another fan looking at stats on NFL.com... worst offensive line in the game? By what measure? Sacks? Rushing yards? Passing yards? Magic 8 ball?

If it's sacks, you obviously haven't seen the Lions play. The Lions passed the ball 587 times last year... 4th most in the NFL. Two teams, the 49ers and Chiefs, passed fewer times and gave up more sacks.

The Lions also ran the ball fewer times than any team in the NFL... only 324 attempts in 2007. Teams knew the Lions were going to pass and teed off on them. Kitna is also known for holding the ball too long (and Martz is known for calling long-developing passing plays).

It was a horrible situation and was hardly the OLine's fault. Do a little research before you make such a bold statement.

The defense is far worse than the OLine is, which is why the Lions will make adjustments on that side of the ball with their first few picks of the NFL draft.

BigBlueCrew56
01-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Wow. Are you serious?

You seem to be just another fan looking at stats on NFL.com... worst offensive line in the game? By what measure? Sacks? Rushing yards? Passing yards? Magic 8 ball?

If it's sacks, you obviously haven't seen the Lions play. The Lions passed the ball 587 times last year... 4th most in the NFL. Two teams, the 49ers and Chiefs, passed fewer times and gave up more sacks.

The Lions also ran the ball fewer times than any team in the NFL... only 324 attempts in 2007. Teams knew the Lions were going to pass and teed off on them. Kitna is also known for holding the ball too long (and Martz is known for calling long-developing passing plays).

It was a horrible situation and was hardly the OLine's fault. Do a little research before you make such a bold statement.

The defense is far worse than the OLine is, which is why the Lions will make adjustments on that side of the ball with their first few picks of the NFL draft.

OFFENSIVE LINE
Starters -- LT Jeff Backus, LG Edwin Mulitalo, C Dominic Raiola, RG Stephen Peterman, RT Damien Woody. Backups -- G Blaine Saipaia, G Manny Ramirez, G/T Barry Stokes, T George Foster. Injured reserve -- Frank Davis, Jonathan Scott.

Last year, the Lions allowed 63 sacks, most in the NFL. This year, they allowed 54, third most. Martz put a ton of pressure on the linemen. He didn't run the ball, allowing the opposing defensive line to tee off. He didn't give much help in pass protection, leaving linemen vulnerable. They weren't up to the task. Backus struggled while playing through injuries. Mulitalo dropped weight and played well. Raiola played consistently well. Woody dropped a lot of weight in the offseason and took a pay cut to stay in Detroit. Then he suffered a rib injury and lost the starting right guard job to Peterman. The coaches love Peterman's competitiveness, but he doesn't have Woody's athleticism. Foster was a major liability at right tackle, and the Lions couldn't find anyone to replace him -- Scott got hurt twice, Saipaia was overmatched -- until they tried Woody there. Woody, who hadn't played right tackle since high school, solidified the position. But it was too little, too late. Woody is set to be a free agent, and though he is open to returning, he wants to explore his options. If all is equal, he'll probably leave. The Lions need to shore up that spot. If the Lions become more of a physical running team next season, as expected, the line should at least look a little better. In theory.

Now I understand that Martz put a ton of pressure on the offensive line but that doesnt hide the fact that you guys have a gaping hole at RT. If you want to switch to a more physical style then Jeff Otah would be the ideal pick. I am sorry that you took that comment to heart. Geez so freakin sensitive. I guess I would be too if my team had Matt Millen running the show. If it appeases you I will change the comment to a very sub par offensive line. I was trying to knock out comments real quick and the key stat that I saw was league leading 63 sacks last year and 54 this year so yes I was stat gazing but that's all I freakin have to work with. It takes a ton of work to put these things together. Now that you have brought some of that detailed info to my attention I will make the certain corrections. You didnt have to attack my credibility but yet should have made the suggestion without being a total D*ck about it. Here's to you guys drafting DeSean Jackson and another losing Lion season.

tjsunstein
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Its hard to mess up the packers draft honestly as long as you go with a solid CB and OLB in the span on 2 rounds you get my approval.