PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Select Poll

Thunder&Lightning
01-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Just Vote. Explain if you want.

Average OT LB
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I think it'll be rodger cromartie adn that it'll be a reach. I don't believe that his stock is so high that he should be considered a first rounder, nor do i believe that he will be taken ahead of our pick. If hes there, he makes the most sense because he can contribute now as well as down the road.

KRS1
02-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I think it'll be rodger cromartie adn that it'll be a reach. I don't believe that his stock is so high that he should be considered a first rounder, nor do i believe that he will be taken ahead of our pick. If hes there, he makes the most sense because he can contribute now as well as down the road.

Totally agree! The only way I think he goes earlier is if he runs some un-godly sub 4.38 40yd. He will be a great Nickel Back and possibly injury replacement
plus he will get to ease into the level of play and not have to be thrown to the wolves from day one. Jammer and Antonio are 2 great guys to get to sit behind and learn from. Paul Oliver is preparing to move to Safety so we are in need of a 3rd corner especially if Weddle is the starting FS this year.

JK17
02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I'll preface this with I don't know that much about any of the prospects yet, aside from some basic info.

I chose Reggie Smith, if he's there, and I think he makes the most sense. He can play safety, as he has before and it will take Oliver some time to get adjusted. He can also fill in as a nickel if he has to, and has a lot of versatility like that, from what I hear. I don't like DRC all that much. I know he's got freak-like potential, similar to his cousin, but I think he's making it based solely on the last name a lot of it. He can be great sure, but I don't know that he deserves that 27 pick, but AJ has reached before, and he'd be a great nickel...I also wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Cherilus, assuming he could really sure up the O-Line.

With the limited knowledge I have right now, and the options in the poll, I'd want:

1) Reggie Smith
2) Gosder Cherilus
3) DRC