PDA

View Full Version : Your best recruit

roidrunner
01-30-2008, 02:27 PM
So basically i want to see who everyone like in their current recruiting class. So name the player and why you like him.

my guy is Darius Ashley. he is commited to Louisville. the guy is a complete beast. He is a RB and some people say he is one of the best RB's to come out of the state of Ohio in a long time. He seems to be an upstanding guy, and he also has been actively recruiting other players to come join him at louisville.

Patriots16-0
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
My Brazilian friend who is the local MVP and will play in NCAA.

mqtirishfan
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
There's about three guys I have a hard time picking over each other: Michael Floyd, Kyle Rudolph and Ethan Johnson. All three should be studs at Notre Dame.

roidrunner
01-30-2008, 02:36 PM
i hear golic's kid is going to ND, what have you heard about him?

Draft King
01-30-2008, 02:37 PM

Dude your 13, unless your friend plans on skipping a couple grades I can't see this happening.

Patriots16-0
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Dude your 13, unless your friend plans on skipping a couple grades I can't see this happening.

My friend is 20.

roidrunner
01-30-2008, 02:46 PM
and where is he going?

Patriots16-0
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
and where is he going?

I don't have the permission to say it. I shouldn't even say he is going to play college football.

mqtirishfan
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
i hear golic's kid is going to ND, what have you heard about him?

Just that he's a 3 star prospect who needs to get bigger.

kwilk103
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
josh jenkins

Sniper
01-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Sam McGuffie is SICK.

VoteLynnSwan
01-30-2008, 04:01 PM
My friend is 20.

your friend is 20 and he's a Sophomore? i know you mentioned him being a sophomore at one point...

kwilk103
01-30-2008, 04:08 PM
sophomore in college

Patriots16-0
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
your friend is 20 and he's a Sophomore? i know you mentioned him being a sophomore at one point...

Soph. in college

VoteLynnSwan
01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
sophomore in college

obviously makes sense... i thought about that just before looking at your post...

You don't want to study in Brazil, do you?

i have no idea what that's supposed to mean. So no.

what is his name though in case we're interested...

Tampa 2 4 life
01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
So far: i really like Mark Popek, with Kion Wilson a close 2nd. This could change at signing day though.

Patriots16-0
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
what is his name though in case we're interested...

I can't say it too. He asked me to keep his stats and info locked under seven keys.

BigJohn98
01-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Terrance Parks.

jayceheathman
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Our best recruit is DeAundre Brown, a 3 star WR, who will definitely help out Chase Holbrook. Hopefully our 6'6 330 pound OT, who is rated a 2 star in rivals, can help Holbrook stay on his feet.

irishbucks
01-31-2008, 01:21 AM

what city is he from in brasil?

keylime_5
01-31-2008, 08:55 AM
josh jenkins

heh, you don't even know for sure if he's gonna play in WVU yet.

keylime_5
01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
I like big Mike Adams. If we get Pryor then that'll be a close one. I like Lamaar Thomas a lot too.

Sniper
01-31-2008, 10:09 AM
I like big Mike Adams. If we get Pryor then that'll be a close one. I like Lamaar Thomas a lot too.

Adams is a stud...absolute monster. It was a crime that Rivals had him so low for a while.

01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Darrell Scott. Dudes a beast and should be next in line of elite power RBs.

Forenci
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM
For UConn, I would have to say I'm most excited about Jimmy Bennett. He's an absolute monster at 6'8, 275 - with the frame to add a lot more weight too.

Our offensive line the past few years at UConn has been quite good - primarily due to great coaching.

We actually have a decent recruiting class, considering our lack of football prowess for most of our Divsion 1A history, which is fairly short. Great year last year, though.

kwilk103
01-31-2008, 10:41 AM
heh, you don't even know for sure if he's gonna play in WVU yet.

i forgot; no one turns down o$u

everything points to him coming here

7 unofficials

been here the last 2 weeks; coming this week with his mom---1st trip shes been on

brother was just hired as a ga

Sniper
01-31-2008, 10:45 AM

Would you turn down such a well-paying job?

Forenci
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM

everything points to him coming here

7 unofficials

been here the last 2 weeks; coming this week with his mom---1st trip shes been on

brother was just hired as a ga

Lol, of course everyone turns down WVU. They are quite evil, after all.

I do look forward to UConn crushing you in the future years as we reign supreme as the undisputed conference champions.

Of course, I'm just kidding - you do have a pretty good recruiting class, though. Certainly better than UConn's.

01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
For USC, Matt Kalil, if hes anything like his older brother we should have another good one. Tremendous size, moves adequately well and excels in both the run and pass blocking game with his long arms.

kwilk103
01-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Lol, of course everyone turns down WVU. They are quite evil, after all.

I do look forward to UConn crushing you in the future years as we reign supreme as the undisputed conference champions.

Of course, I'm just kidding - you do have a pretty good recruiting class, though. Certainly better than UConn's.

it would have been way better if rod would have stayed

next year it will be great; we have some great recruiters on our staff

doc holliday----fla; one of the best in the country
dave johnson---ol coach; former uga te coach; coached guys such as mcmichael and watson; one of uga great recruiters

dave lockwood---db coach; on of uk best; prob recruit pa

chris beatty---already making prescence felt in va tidewater; had several kids take official visits here who we never even talked to before he got here; percy harvins hs coach, so he has great relationships with all the coaches there; already working on kevin newsome for next year

Santonio10
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
for penn state i think its michael shaw. He's a Rb with 4.4 speed and with PSU puting the spread offense back in, i think this kids gonna be great. On d Michael Mauti has PSU's next all-american LB written all over him

Forenci
01-31-2008, 10:59 AM
it would have been way better if rod would have stayed

next year it will be great; we have some great recruiters on our staff

doc holliday----fla; one of the best in the country
dave johnson---ol coach; former uga te coach; coached guys such as mcmichael and watson; one of uga great recruiters

dave lockwood---db coach; on of uk best; prob recruit pa

chris beatty---already making prescence felt in va tidewater; had several kids take official visits here who we never even talked to before he got here; percy harvins hs coach, so he has great relationships with all the coaches there; already working on kevin newsome for next year

I know, that's what scares the hell out of me. You have a lot of good recruiters. I can only hope RR lures away the talent you might've gotten because of him. Go to Michigan damn it!

We have a sick new football facility here at UConn, it's state of the art - I think that will really allow us to recruit better next year. At least I hope so.

If not, Tyler 'Ostrich Legs' Lorenzen will just have to destroy you defense. Hah.

Sniper
01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
for penn state i think its michael shaw. He's a Rb with 4.4 speed and with PSU puting the spread offense back in, i think this kids gonna be great. On d Michael Mauti has PSU's next all-american LB written all over him

You have a Santonio Holmes name but you're a PSU fan??????????????????

Santonio10
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Im also a steelers fan, and i actually hated the fact that we drafted him but hes really grown on me and is one of my favorites now

kwilk103
01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
I know, that's what scares the hell out of me. You have a lot of good recruiters. I can only hope RR lures away the talent you might've gotten because of him. Go to Michigan damn it!

We have a sick new football facility here at UConn, it's state of the art - I think that will really allow us to recruit better next year. At least I hope so.

If not, Tyler 'Ostrich Legs' Lorenzen will just have to destroy you defense. Hah.

oh, hes trying already

having kids visit he has no intentions of taking; like we had this wr visit b/c doc knew of him; he played for pahokee hs (top 10 in country i believe); next weekend rr invites him to um and feeds him all these lies about how we're racists, stews a 2nd class coach (he might be, but he hire a hell of a staff, hes a ceo, not an egomaniac), etc

thats why we havent known about whos been visiting unless they were scheduled anyway; we had a recruit visit thats committed to illinois and we didnt know about til tues/wed cuz stews not releasing the visit list because of the crap rods doing, cuz as soon as someone visits us, he calls them to visit scum

Sniper
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
he calls them to visit scum

Let it go already....we don't have a rivalry with WVU, hence no reason to call Michigan scum. Let it go.

T-RICH49
01-31-2008, 11:53 AM
For KU a few guys should make immediate impact

Jocqoues Crwaford a 4 star RB in Juco should fill McAnderson's role and make an instant impact for Mangino.

Darius Parrish a local product at DT who originally committed to Nebraska but backed out and is now coming to KU both should start right away.

Josh Richardson a LB from Ohio and brother of Raiders DE Jay Richardson also committed to KU he'll probably red shirt a year since all 3 LB's are senior

A pretty good recruiting class for Coach Mangino.Not a lot of sexy names but guys who can come in and make a contribution right away

etk
01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Arthur Brown....not only does he have ridiculous long speed and closing burst, he's also jacked, hits hard and works even harder. He should start from Day One, and he will be an absolute beast in the NFL at any LB spot. He also gives us a good shot at getting his younger brother Bryce. I'd say that's the complete package lol.

Don Vito
01-31-2008, 12:24 PM
For BC I would say Josh Haden. The only knock on him is that he is 5-8, but he is absolutely jacked with great speed. He will probably start right away since BC will lose all 4 RBs from last season.

For Ole Miss, as of now it is probably RB/DB Darius Barksdale. We will need help at both positions and I think he has a lot of potential at FS, SS, and RB. He started at SS and KR in the Army AA game and looked like he has potential but needs some polishing. If coach Nutt and his staff pull through and get 5 star juco RB Enrique Davis (number 1 juco player), 4 star CB Alonzo Lawrence, or 4 star juco WR Andrew Harris I think any one of those guys would be a better get than Barksdale.

JayP
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Let it go already....we don't have a rivalry with WVU, hence no reason to call Michigan scum. Let it go.

You take their coach, you become a rival....just not an on the field one.

I have a feeling that this one is gonna linger for awhile.

Best ND recruits... Offense I'd say Floyd, Rudolph & T-Rob. Defense would be Fleming, Filer, Johnson, & Newman.

Sniper
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM

Best ND recruits... Offense I'd say Floyd, Rudolph & T-Rob. Defense would be Fleming, Filer, Johnson, & Newman.

Ethan Johnson is reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly good.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Arthur Brown....not only does he have ridiculous long speed and closing burst, he's also jacked, hits hard and works even harder. He should start from Day One, and he will be an absolute beast in the NFL at any LB spot. He also gives us a good shot at getting his younger brother Bryce. I'd say that's the complete package lol.

Getting Bryce would be siiiiick. Anyway, I haven't seen much AB aside from his Rivals tapes, but my god he is amazing. Soooo fast. Another guy who seems pretty good is Marcus Forston.

JayP
01-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Ethan Johnson is reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly good.

I'm starting to think you have a mancrush on Ethan.

If you do, don't feel bad. The kid will probably have his own t-shirt on ND's campus rather quickly.

aheineken
01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Right now for Southern Miss it is 3-star DT Willie Packer. He's the best defensive lineman in the state. Only 260 lbs, he needs to hit the weight room, but his combination of strength and quickness are exactly what you look for in a penetrating DT. Of course, everything could change as we're still in the mix for 5 star WR DeAndre Brown and 4 star DB Charles Mitchell.

duckseason
01-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Haven't seen tape on everybody yet, but it's gotta be Darron Thomas. Watching him play, it looks like Dixon stepped into a time machine and went back to high school. Another thing I love about him is that he's already enrolled and in class, so he's got a head start and will be competing in the spring. He won't beat out Costa (assuming he's healthy) as a freshman, but I think he's a future star QB for us. I like him there more than Harper as of now.

DWilliams2IndyColts
01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
For USC Tyron Smith. The most athletic O-Lineman in the class

Joeyjr09
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Marcus Forston. Hands down no questions asked. He is an absolute monster.

sweetness34
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
For Illinois, either Luiget or Hardeman. I'll go Luiget, he's a monster as well, Fortson's not too bad either Joey but I'll take CL. ;)

etk
01-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Marcus Forston. Hands down no questions asked. He is an absolute monster.

You're nuts joey.
For Illinois, either Luiget or Hardeman. I'll go Luiget, he's a monster as well, Fortson's not too bad either Joey but I'll take CL. ;)

Agree, unbiased. DTs in the mold of Liuget are generally more effective pass rushers in college and the pros. He's just an impressive athlete. Forston may be more "ready" at this point.

Getting Bryce would be siiiiick. Anyway, I haven't seen much AB aside from his Rivals tapes, but my god he is amazing. Soooo fast. Another guy who seems pretty good is Marcus Forston.

My favorite video of him was taken off youtube for some reason. It was "Arthur Brown linebacker BEAST" to the song "Bulls on Parade". I watched it like 20 times with my jaw on the ground. He's a combination of Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Ernie Sims and just about every other beast LB that can close on the ballcarrier before they can even lift a toe.

Getting Bryce would be sick, but same could be said about Jamie Harper, Lamar Miller, and some other guys whose names I've forgotten that we might get. Miami will never ever run short on talented backs again.

reigle9
02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
D'Anton Lynn
Top offers, sick film and rated 3 stars. One of many reasons I don't pay attention to "stars".

keylime_5
02-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Kinda like AJ Hawk in 2002. He had everything but the star rating simply because he was hurt his entire senior year in high school. The star ratings on scout/rivals are basically "what have you done lately" meaning that the guys who were dominant at the combines and at the HS All Star games in January get rated higher than guys who don't do anything to hurt their stock, they just stay home and don't workout.

CC
02-01-2008, 07:10 PM

For a rivalry to occur, both teams have to care about the other one. Michigan fans don't worry about WVU.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Minnesota:

Offense- MarQueis Gray- QB, Brandon Green- WR, Vincent Hill- WR

Defense- Sam Maresh- LB, David Pittman- DB, Jewhan Edwards- DT

We might maybe not suck in a year or two.

Hines
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Mike Mauti, I believe he is going to be all conference for three years, and possibly an all american.

D'Anton Lynn will be getting a lot of playing time next year as a true frosh. He is going to be a good one hopefully.

Jack Crawford is extremely raw, but I believe he can have the same or bigger impact then Mo Evans.

Hopefully Marcus Davis, who can play QB and WR for us. He is going to be a good one.

kwilk103
02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
ours isnt jenkins

its de tevita finau---had offers from usc, okalahoma, cal, florida, colorado, auburn, tennessee

DChess
02-01-2008, 08:15 PM
For a rivalry to occur, both teams have to care about the other one. Michigan fans don't worry about WVU.

yeah agreed its not a rivalry. i mean you guys already have one in which you cant beat to save your life. we need to let it go, you guys already have way to much on your plate.

JayP
02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah agreed its not a rivalry. i mean you guys already have one in which you cant beat to save your life. we need to let it go, you guys already have way to much on your plate.

....touché

aheineken
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Right now for Southern Miss it is 3-star DT Willie Packer. He's the best defensive lineman in the state. Only 260 lbs, he needs to hit the weight room, but his combination of strength and quickness are exactly what you look for in a penetrating DT. Of course, everything could change as we're still in the mix for 5 star WR DeAndre Brown and 4 star DB Charles Mitchell.

I guess I have to change my answer now.

Zyro_1014
02-01-2008, 09:57 PM
For USC Tyron Smith. The most athletic O-Lineman in the class

yeah man i hear ya, that guy is a top 5 overall pick waiting to happen. he's a freak. I really like DJ Shoemate also.

I hope to god we get Matt Barkley Next year hes a frickin stud

slightlyaraiderfan
02-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I hope to god we get Matt Barkley Next year hes a frickin stud
Random guy asking Barkley: Will you be a Trojan?

Barkley: Is the Pope catholic?

No need to worry. :)

CC
02-01-2008, 11:16 PM

Whatever you guys want to tell yourselves. This whole situation has just reminded you that West Virginia is and always will be a stepping stone school, descending back into mediocrity now that their former golden boy Rodriguez moved onto bigger and better things.

Sniper
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM

We have three main rivals bud. Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Michigan State. 2/3 ain't bad. You're not a rival though. We don't ever play you.

kwilk103
02-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Whatever you guys want to tell yourselves. This whole situation has just reminded you that West Virginia is and always will be a stepping stone school, descending back into mediocrity now that their former golden boy Rodriguez moved onto bigger and better things.

better coaching STAFF is by far at wvu

we upgraded the staff

and we definately upgraded the bball coach

have fun when your 5* dbs dont develop

Sniper
02-01-2008, 11:40 PM

we upgraded the staff

Look, if these coaches turned Ryan Mundy into a dependable DB, they can do ANYTHING. And Barwis already made Alex Mitchell quit, so he's batting 1.000 in my book.

etk
02-01-2008, 11:44 PM

we upgraded the staff

Dude, listen to yourself in some of these posts. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you sound very bitter. Give it up already and move on for your own good.

kwilk103
02-02-2008, 12:03 AM
when a former all-american db calls out your secondary coach, thats bad

he said gibsons a joke and our dbs had no technique

we upgraded every at every position coach

CC
02-02-2008, 01:07 AM
If that's what you want to believe, you are entitled. I think Michigan will be just fine with Gibson. He never had guys like Warren and Boubacar to work with.

oregonbucfan
02-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Haven't seen tape on everybody yet, but it's gotta be Darron Thomas. Watching him play, it looks like Dixon stepped into a time machine and went back to high school. Another thing I love about him is that he's already enrolled and in class, so he's got a head start and will be competing in the spring. He won't beat out Costa (assuming he's healthy) as a freshman, but I think he's a future star QB for us. I like him there more than Harper as of now.

agree 100%

kwilk103
02-02-2008, 01:27 AM
If that's what you want to believe, you are entitled. I think Michigan will be just fine with Gibson. He never had guys like Warren and Boubacar to work with.

hes the guy aaron beasley was talking about

hes a horrible coach; our secondary had no technique

the main reason our defense was good was b/c of the lber and dline; those coaches stayed

and we upgraded the db coach

Sniper
02-02-2008, 07:45 AM
hes the guy aaron beasley was talking about

hes a horrible coach; our secondary had no technique

the main reason our defense was good was b/c of the lber and dline; those coaches stayed

and we upgraded the db coach

Like I said, if you can make Ryan Mundy not suck, you've done an OUTSTANDING job. And like CC said, he never had the talent that Michigan's raking in. Warren is a stud, Cissoko could see a lot of PT at nickel next year as a true freshman.

Oh wow if Gibson can do that with Ryan Mundy, could he even make Morgan Trent better than average? Is that possible?

RonnieRun23
02-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Marcus Forston. Easy.

kwilk103
02-02-2008, 11:18 AM
you obviously didnt watch our secondary; the got burnt all the time

when an all-american is calling out the secondary coach that is not good

hes rods coffee boy

Sniper
02-02-2008, 11:27 AM
you obviously didnt watch our secondary; the got burnt all the time

when an all-american is calling out the secondary coach that is not good

hes rods coffee boy

You were the one saying how awesome Mundy was doing. Now that you get ape raped by Michigan and they take your entire coaching staff, you have to be a bitter, sore loser and say "well he's not good at all".

Even against the weak competition they faced, West Virginia finished 14th in the country in pass defense at 188.8 yards per game.

kwilk103
02-02-2008, 11:35 AM
i never said mundy was great; just solid and didnt give up the big play

our dline and lber got a ton of pressure on the qbs, thus forcing the qbs into bad throws

im just telling you this was the only year our defense didnt suck and it was cuz our dline was good

a former all-american db said gibson was clueless and had no technique; the only reason he is coaching d-1 is cuz him and rod go back; the guy couldnt even play in the wviac

hes a coffee runner

Santonio10
02-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Mike Mauti, I believe he is going to be all conference for three years, and possibly an all american.

D'Anton Lynn will be getting a lot of playing time next year as a true frosh. He is going to be a good one hopefully.

Jack Crawford is extremely raw, but I believe he can have the same or bigger impact then Mo Evans.

Hopefully Marcus Davis, who can play QB and WR for us. He is going to be a good one.

I forgot about D'Anton Lynn. I think hes gonna be a REALLY good one too. Hes a beast on his film. He's a sure tackler and is a really tough kid. He's a Penn State type of kid. Crawfords gonna be a beast too.

CC
02-02-2008, 03:09 PM
i never said mundy was great; just solid and didnt give up the big play

our dline and lber got a ton of pressure on the qbs, thus forcing the qbs into bad throws

im just telling you this was the only year our defense didnt suck and it was cuz our dline was good

a former all-american db said gibson was clueless and had no technique; the only reason he is coaching d-1 is cuz him and rod go back; the guy couldnt even play in the wviac

hes a coffee runner

Well I guess it's a shame we all can't get the kind of coaches that couldn't cut it at Virginia Military and as OC for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

kwilk103
02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
no one wins at vmi---no winning seasons since the early 80s

and hes just gonna be a ceo and actually let his oc and dc call the plays and not override them like rod does

dave johnson---oline coach; former te coach at uga; coached probowlers in randy mcmichael, ben watson and 2nd round pick leonar pope; definately upgrade over greg frey

david lockwood---db coach; former minnesota dc; coached here in the late 90s when our defense was good; former uk db coach; upgrade over starbucks gibson

jeff mullen---oc/qb coach; def upgrade over rod smith as qb coach; coached ben mauk and riley skinner; smith was going to get fired at usf; as oc hes unproven but jim grobe said hes a good hire; wash at oc due to the fact that magee was the oc in name only

chris beatty---rb coach; one of the bright young minds in cfb; will get some of the best prospects out of the va tidewater area; also was a oc at d-1aa hampton

doc holliday---te/fb coach; top 5 recruiter in the country

steve dunlap---safeties coach; former marshall, syracuse, and wvu dc; defense had the #1 ranking in '96; always gave us trouble when we played against him

coach k---great dline coach; strength of our defense this year

jeff casteel---defense had the #4 overall ranking this year; coordinator of the year by rivals; good recruiter; was the reason we got tevita finau who is the best dlineman we've ever recruited (wanted by ou, fla, usc)

all these guys had legitamate d-1 expieriance before goin to big programs; all the former coaches went from the wviac to wvu

and rod doesnt know how to change the system to a non-running qb; we had one in scott mcbrien, rod basically forced him to transfer cuz he cant run and he kicked our butts for 2 yrs; see 2005 pre pat white; that was painful to watch a dropback passer run the option

mqtirishfan
02-02-2008, 08:13 PM
and hes just gonna be a ceo and actually let his oc and dc call the plays and not override them like rod does

Whatever, RR had a great deal of success at WVU doing what he did. And of course Stewart will let his OC and DC do their jobs with no interference. He's too incompetent to do otherwise.

doc holliday---te/fb coach; top 5 recruiter in the country

Top 5 recruiter in the country at a good school. He's a great recruiter, but Florida sells itself.

and rod doesnt know how to change the system to a non-running qb; we had one in scott mcbrien, rod basically forced him to transfer cuz he cant run and he kicked our butts for 2 yrs; see 2005 pre pat white; that was painful to watch a dropback passer run the option

Yes, because, as has been said numerous times, it's not like a QB under RR has never put up insane passing numbers before.

kwilk103
02-02-2008, 08:50 PM
he still ran the spread option when we had no running qb

he came in, took over a 7-5 team, insisted on being a spread option team and we preceded to go 3-8

hes 21-22 against ranked teams; 28-22 w/o pat white

and doc was a great recruiter at nc state

mqtirishfan
02-02-2008, 10:56 PM
and doc was a great recruiter at nc state

Top 5 in the country, though?

And seriously, RR can coach circles around Stewart. It's not even comparable.

keylime_5
02-02-2008, 11:04 PM
don't undersell holliday, he's a great recruiter.

mqtirishfan
02-02-2008, 11:20 PM
don't undersell holliday, he's a great recruiter.

I've already agreed upon that thought. I'm just saying he won't be anywhere near as successful at WVU. Nobody can be as successful leaving UF unless it's for OSU or USC.

kwilk103
02-03-2008, 12:07 AM
we also have chris beatty to recruit va tidewater---he is liked by the coaches in that area

holliday was great at wvu (he was a coach here under nehlen)

brought in guys such as jericho cotchery, mario williams, etc to nc st

dave johnson will be great in ga

keylime_5
02-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I've already agreed upon that thought. I'm just saying he won't be anywhere near as successful at WVU. Nobody can be as successful leaving UF unless it's for OSU or USC.

He won't put together classes like Florida got, but that doesn't mean he's not a great recruiter. Zook was a great recruiter at Florida and he's doing the same stuff at Illinois. You never know.

kwilk103
02-03-2008, 12:41 PM
hes also well respected by hs coaches in fla

and theres sooo much talent there; the 2* and 3* are just as good as some 4* in other states

Rich Jr
02-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Patrick Johnson is probably the biggest recruit LSU has had in the last 6-7 years.

DChess
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM

pretty sure we'll have a better team for at least the next two years, so have fun with 4 wins next year. also, you took john beline from us, we got bob huggins, who had bill walker, and michael beasley come to a terible basketball school to come play for him. but i digress, this isnt basketball forum.

We have three main rivals bud. Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Michigan State. 2/3 ain't bad. You're not a rival though. We don't ever play you.

as of right now, notre dame isnt much of a rival, you beat a team who one three times. your main rival, the only really good team, has had and will probably have your number for the next couple years. i never said this was a rivalry nor did i declare it was, i think you michigan fans have talked about how it isnt a rivalry more than we [wvu fans] have talked about it being one.

mqtirishfan
02-03-2008, 04:28 PM
as of right now, notre dame isnt much of a rival, you beat a team who one once. your main rival, the only really good team, has had and will probably have your number for the next couple years. i never said this was a rivalry nor did i declare it was, i think you michigan fans have talked about how it isnt a rivalry more than we [wvu fans] have talked about it being one.

Notre Dame won three times, thank you very much.

I don't get your point, though. Just because one team isn't good for a year or two, it doesn't mean the rivarly goes away. To suggest that is insane.

DChess
02-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Notre Dame won three times, thank you very much.

I don't get your point, though. Just because one team isn't good for a year or two, it doesn't mean the rivarly goes away. To suggest that is insane.

oh yeah my bad. i honestly just stopped paying attention to notre dame last year. i agree that rivalary doesnt go away but it kind of loses some of the luster for that year when the one team is just that bad. i was more refering to the point that michigan cant beat their main rival, and the only real competition that any of their 3 rivals produced