PDA

View Full Version : Chad Trade Rumors Thread

PalmerToCJ
01-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, at first I thought any idea of him/Bengals wanting to part ways were all created by the media but it seems like Chad's making some noise at the Super Bowl.

Lance McAlister's recent blog entry:
The end of Ocho Cinco in Cincy
Mark the day and time.....Jan. 30, 2008 on the Jim Rome show. I think Bengal fans will look back and remember this day for years to come.
If it wasn't obvious before, it is now......Chad Johnson has turned the page and his back on his Bengals career. This isn't cute....it isn't fun...and it's not an act. This is calculated and orchestrated. He and agent Drew Rosenhaus have put the wheels in motion to get out of town. They believe he's best served leaving Cincinnati. They view the field turf as greener any place else.
This is about money, losing, marketing and trust. Chad continues to believe he is being sabotaged by, not the fans or media...but the organization. This might be fixable if it was the media and fans. Anyone think this organization is good at making guys feel loved?
Chad pointed out two people in the organization that he believes have his back. That leaves 51 other players, a coach, his staff and owners on the outside of his world. Wonder how Marvin feels, considering he practically wrecked this lockerroom to be Chad's best buddy since halftime of the playoff game?
The worst case scenario now is that Chad returns. Anyone want that? Anyone think that would be productive for anyone? Chad won't mature. He's not capable, nor does he see a need. It was fun for a while. Now it's a real drag. And it's sad Chad chose this path.

Up until this point I was fine with Chad but to hear him say this today... I'd rather him be gone. To say you only really trust 2 people in the entire organization... How can you fix that? How could he come back to this team and have it work out well?

The whole sideshow that is Chad may be better suited elsewhere. Biggest problem IMO is that a lot of the team's that want him are higher in the draft meaning they wouldn't deal their first for him.

If he thinks he's better off with Beck throwing to him then he's a fool. This is really starting to annoy me.

Pay TJ (our most important WR) and hope Henry (our most physically gifted WR) develops into what he has the potential to be. Then draft a WR day one and sign a veteran to come in as the #3.

What a joke this has become.

GSOT
01-30-2008, 03:49 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/feardaspear26/Random%20Scans/l_9302198f551bd14ebd143b8724ac7493.jpg

PalmerToCJ
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
#21 overall and it's a done deal.

themaninblack
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
after actually seeing that interview it doesn't seem like he really WANTS to leave but idk. I was more frustrated reading it than actually seeing it. But if he continues this i say he's gone for sure.

PalmerToCJ
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
I thought on Mike & Mike a few weeks ago he acted like he didn't want to leave. He was saying he was frustrated with some things but that's understandable. The way he said it today just got me PO'd.

themaninblack
01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
ya im not happy with his talk but it doesn't sound as bad as I initially thought it was. He'll be fine when were winning again this year. I say he's here this year and if his attitude remains he will be gone.