01-31-2008, 10:15 AM
1ST ROUND
1. Miami Dolphins Chris Long DE Virginia
2. St. Louis Rams Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
3. Oakland Raiders Sedrick Ellis DT USC
4. Atlanta Falcons Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
5. Kansas City Chiefs Jake Long OT Michigan
6. New York Jets Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State
7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
8. Baltimore Ravens Matt Ryan QB Boston College
9. Cincinnati Bengals Kieth Rivers OLB USC
10. New Orleans Saints Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
11. Buffalo Bills Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
12. Denver Broncos Kenny Phillips S Miami(FL)
13. Carolina Panthers Ryan Clady OT Boise State
14. Chicago Bears Brian Brohm QB Louisville
15. Detroit Lions Phillip Merling DE Clemson
16. Arizona Cardinals Kentwam Balmer DT UNC
17. Minnesota Vikings Derrick Harvey DE Florida
18. Houston Texans Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
19. Philadelphia Eagles Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers DeSean Jackson WR California
21. Washington Redskins Calais Campbell DE Miami(FL)
22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) Aqib Talib CB Kansas
23. Pittsburgh Steelers Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
24. Tennessee Titans Limas Sweed WR Texas
25. Seattle Seahawks Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
26. Jacksonville Jaguars Mario Manningham WR Michigan
27. San Diego Chargers Reggie Smith CB/S Oklahoma
28. Dallas Cowboys Felix Jones RB Arkansas
29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) Devin Thomas WR Michigan State
30. Green Bay Packers Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
31. New York Giants Dan Connor LB Penn State
32. New England Patriots - Forfeited as penalty for cheating

2ND ROUND
33. Miami Dolphins Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
34. St. Louis Rams Charles Godfrey CB Iowa
35. Oakland Raiders James Hardy WR Indiana
36. Kansas City Chiefs Lawrence Jackson DE USC
37. New York Jets Pat Sims DT Auburn
38. Atlanta Falcons Sam Baker OT USC
39. Baltimore Ravens Patrick Lee CB Auburn
40. San Francisco 49ers Quentin Groves DE Auburn
41. New Orleans Saints Ali Highsmith OLB LSU
42. Buffalo Bills Tracy Porter CB Indiana
43. Denver Broncos Trevor Laws DT Notre Dame
44. Carolina Panthers Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
45. Chicago Bears Carl Nicks OT Nebraska
46. Detroit Lions Antoine Cason CB Arizona
47. Cincinnati Bengals Fred Davis TE USC
48. Minnesota Vikings John Carlson TE Notre Dame
49. Atlanta Falcons (from Houston Texans) Joe Flacco QB Delaware
50. Philadelphia Eagles Early Doucet WR LSU
51. Arizona Cardinals Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
52. Washington Redskins Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina
53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Justin King CB Penn State
54. Pittsburgh Steelers Ray Rice RB Rutgers
55. Tennessee Titans Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech
56. Seattle Seahawks Matrellus Bennett TE Texas A&M
57. Cleveland Browns Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
58. Miami Dolphins (from San Diego Chargers) Dre Moore DT Maryland
59. Jacksonville Jaguars Terrell Thomas CB USC
60. Indianapolis Colts Phillip Wheeler LB Georgia Tech
61. Green Bay Packers Brad Cottam TE Tennessee
62. Dallas Cowboys Heath Benedict OT Newberry
63. New York Giants Thomas DeCoud S California
64. New England Patriots Shawn Crable DE/LB Michigan

Vikes99ej
01-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Harvey to the Vikings is what I want to see the most right now.

Sniper
01-31-2008, 10:58 AM
19. Philadelphia Eagles Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

Much prefer Campbell, Smith or Cromartie here. I suppose Otah is better than DeSean Jackson though.

50. Philadelphia Eagles Early Doucet WR LSU

YUCK! I don't like picking receives that can't even average a first down per catch. Martellus Bennett would be rather excellent there.

Left you some messages

princefielder28
01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Left you some messages

Donnie Avery at WR????

rockio42
01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
i dont like the rams draft, cb isnt a need that needs to be addressed that high, rather have a de and an ot in the top two rounds

DiG
01-31-2008, 11:15 AM

Is that serious? I do like that he has a flat top but i can't see how he wouldnt be avail in rd 3 and even thats kinda early potentially.

princefielder28
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM

Is that serious?

of course....he's a small school prospect and at 6'2" he brings a little height to the receving corps for Washington.....if you can tell me anything about him then talk but I can almost guarantee that you really don't know what type of player he is

Young Legend
01-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Sam Baker or Anthony Collins in the second..getting a LT is more important then a WR..

fenikz
01-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Ouch terrible Cardinals mock, we have one of best young DT's rotations in the league, Dockett isn a All Pro and Watson is emergng as a stud NT, rotation Branch at either spot and we are set, we have zero need for a DT in the draft it's probally our strongest position actually.

Give us Derrick Harvey, he can start at our 4-3 RDE and 3-4 OLB and is the pure pass rusher that we are lacking.

As for the 2nd, I didn't get to watch Flowers much so I'm not sure what type of CB he is but aslong as he can cover a WR 1 on 1 and is physical he should fit into our scheme.

princefielder28
01-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Ouch terrible Cardinals mock, we have one of best young DT's rotations in the league, Dockett isn a All Pro and Watson is emergng as a stud NT, rotation Branch at either spot and we are set, we have zero need for a DT in the draft it's probally our strongest position actually.

Give us Derrick Harvey, he can start at our 4-3 RDE and 3-4 OLB and is the pure pass rusher that we are lacking.

As for the 2nd, I didn't get to watch Flowers much so I'm not sure what type of CB he is but aslong as he can cover a WR 1 on 1 and is physical he should fit into our scheme.

Alright thanks for the feedback....I was at a tough spot with them figuring out who to pick and Balmer has some versitility on the line so I went with him

DiG
01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
of course....he's a small school prospect and at 6'2" he brings a little height to the receving corps for Washington.....if you can tell me anything about him then talk but I can almost guarantee that you really don't know what type of player he is

you know what they say about making assumptions...

Athletically his tangibles are there. He's tall, long arms, good catching technique, and could have one of the better verticals amongst the wr class. In terms of speed he is a quick receiver but not necessarily fast. he will probably fair well in agility workouts at the combine but end up running in the mid 4.5s in his 40.

Now the negatives. He only averaged 40 receptions a year through 4 years as a starter. His senior year he only had 41 catches and the most he had in any game was 6. Against Div. II talent, I would hope that a 2nd round prospect would be able to put up much bigger numbers. Also, the guy simply has to add weight. At 6 foot 2, I would want my receiver to weigh at least 195-200 lbs, especially if he is being drafted as a possession receiver.

Finally, the NFL has given him a projected round "as early as round 3". this would be one of the bigger reaches of the draft to see him go here in rd 2.

Sniper
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Donnie Avery at WR????

No the value at WR right there isn't good enough to pass on a premier TE like Bennett. We need a receiving TE anyways with LJ Smith gone.

princefielder28
01-31-2008, 11:31 AM
you know what they say about making assumptions...

Athletically his tangibles are there. He's tall, long arms, good catching technique, and could have one of the better verticals amongst the wr class. In terms of speed he is a quick receiver but not necessarily fast. he will probably fair well in agility workouts at the combine but end up running in the mid 4.5s in his 40.

Now the negatives. He only averaged 40 receptions a year through 4 years as a starter. His senior year he only had 41 catches and the most he had in any game was 6. Against Div. II talent, I would hope that a 2nd round prospect would be able to put up much bigger numbers. Also, the guy simply has to add weight. At 6 foot 2, I would want my receiver to weigh at least 195-200 lbs, especially if he is being drafted as a possession receiver.

Finally, the NFL has given him a projected round "as early as round 3". this would be one of the biggest reaches of the draft to see him go here in rd 2.

Really the only negative you have against him is his weight....it's not tough to put on 10 lbs when you propelled yourself from Coastal Carolina to the NFL so he'll be fine there.

pickles
01-31-2008, 11:34 AM
I doubt that Chris Williams gets past the 49ers.

DiG
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Really the only negative you have against him is his weight....it's not tough to put on 10 lbs when you propelled yourself from Coastal Carolina to the NFL so he'll be fine there.

its more than just the weight. he played against guys that probably couldn't even play in the CFL and he never really stood out in terms of production. There were many games were he only had 2 or 3 catches. in order for a div II player to crack the fist 3 rounds of the NFL he has to have REALLY stood out as being above and beyond his competition. thats why these guy usually end up in rounds 5 and beyond.

and its not "that easy" to just add 10-15 lbs of weight jumping from college to the nfl. more than anything its the players frame. if im an nfl coach i sure as hell am not drafting a div II player in rd 2 that athletically seems to have the skill but never really displayed them in college and looks like todd pinkston.

Forenci
01-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Not to shabby for the Giants. I like the DeCloud pick, I think he could start at strong safety for us as a rookie. Though, let's be honest, just about anyone is an upgrade over James Butler.

I'm hesitant of taking Conner at the moment. I don't know what we're doing with Kiwi, so we'll probably have to wait and see on that one. I think at this point, Cason, Chris Williams or Pat Sims would probably be more realistic picks until we know if Kiwi will be playing LB or DE next year.

Good stuff overall though, PF.

T-RICH49
01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
good 1st round for KC but in the 2nd give us Sims, Highsmith(Donnie Edwards is older and will probably retire in a year or two)Lee, Porteror Cason

JCutlery
01-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Phillip Wheeler holds more value than Trevor Laws, in my opinion. Kenny Phillips is a great pick, though.

princefielder28
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
its more than just the weight. he played against guys that probably couldn't even play in the CFL and he never really stood out in terms of production. There were many games were he only had 2 or 3 catches. in order for a div II player to crack the fist 3 rounds of the NFL he has to have REALLY stood out as being above and beyond his competition. thats why these guy usually end up in rounds 5 and beyond.

and its not "that easy" to just add 10-15 lbs of weight jumping from college to the nfl. more than anything its the players frame. if im an nfl coach i sure as hell am not drafting a div II player in rd 2 that athletically seems to have the skill but never really displayed them in college and looks like todd pinkston.

Once he became productive and a force teams realized that he was really the only big threat for CC and opposing teams adjust to that. A CB with safety help can neutralize his abilities when there's limited talent surrounding him. If he ends up in round 5 like you're talking then that team prolly gonna get the steal of the draft. He'd be worth the pick if the Redskins took him because last time I checked they don't have an impact WR that cracks six feet and after Simpson there sure isn't talent w/ size at WR to help the Skins out.

KCJ58
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
give us Sam Baker in the 2nd round and i'll be happy

indyfan1985
01-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Give the Colts OG Roy Shuening instead of Wheeler. The only LB I see them taking that early is Ali Highsmith if he were to fall that far.

Thunder&Lightning
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
nice chargers pick

Caddy
01-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Good first rounder, but King in the 2nd isn't a great fit at all.

D-Rod
01-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Nice stuff for the Falcons

defensiveback23
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Reggie Smith is a great pick for the Chargers but I wonder if Rodgers-Cromartie's potential is too hard to pass up.

Bills2083
01-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Good day 1 for Buffalo.

Jensen
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Could I please get an explanation as to why the Cardinals would take a DT in the 1st round? That has to be the worst pick I've seen for the Cards in awhile.

SubNoize
01-31-2008, 06:09 PM
great Raider picks, both players could contribute immediately and that's what Oakland needs, no more projects just football players.

DiG
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Once he became productive and a force teams realized that he was really the only big threat for CC and opposing teams adjust to that. A CB with safety help can neutralize his abilities when there's limited talent surrounding him. If he ends up in round 5 like you're talking then that team prolly gonna get the steal of the draft. He'd be worth the pick if the Redskins took him because last time I checked they don't have an impact WR that cracks six feet

a possession receiver does not have to be over 6 foot. ask the colts if you have to have a receiver over 6 feet. last time i checked marvin, reggie, and gonzo were all 6 foot even. its always a benefit to be taller to be a possession receiver but its not the only qualifier. strength is often a bigger need than size for possession receivers and thats where simpson will be knocked the most.

i never said that simpson would be a 5th rounder. i simply said that most div. II guys end up around there. my guess at this point is that he goes in the early 4th round maybe mid 4th and as early as mid 3rd with a good combine.

and after Simpson there sure isn't talent w/ size at WR to help the Skins out.

imo earl bennett, keenan burton, jordy nelson, and adrian arrington are all higher graded "possession" wrs than simpson is and at least 2-3 of them woudl be there with the skins 3rd if they decided to go after a wr in the draft and not in fa or trade. if simpson runs in the mid 4.5s at 185 lbs what is he going to run with 15 lbs added to his weight.

princefielder28
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
a possession receiver does not have to be over 6 foot. ask the colts if you have to have a receiver over 6 feet. last time i checked marvin, reggie, and gonzo were all 6 foot even. its always a benefit to be taller to be a possession receiver but its not the only qualifier. strength is often a bigger need than size for possession receivers and thats where simpson will be knocked the most.

i never said that simpson would be a 5th rounder. i simply said that most div. II guys end up around there. my guess at this point is that he goes in the early 4th round maybe mid 4th and as early as mid 3rd with a good combine.

imo earl bennett, keenan burton, jordy nelson, and adrian arrington are all higher graded "possession" wrs than simpson is and at least 2-3 of them woudl be there with the skins 3rd if they decided to go after a wr in the draft and not in fa or trade. if simpson runs in the mid 4.5s at 185 lbs what is he going to run with 15 lbs added to his weight.

according to another draft source Simpson measures at 6'2" 190 and runs 4.52

DiG
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
according to another draft source Simpson measures at 6'2" 190 and runs 4.52

well espn.com and his school site both have him at 185 but i did hear that he weighed in at the shrine game at 6 foot 1 190 lbs so that is somewhat promising. fact remains that the second round is still a huge reach especially with the other wrs still available that are probably still graded out higher than simpson. todd mcshay has simpson as one of his top draft sleepers that he says is a "4th or 5th round project that could be drafted even as high as the 3rd round! thats right, coastal carolina in the 3rd round!"

aundrae allison was a better prospect last year and went rd 5 if that helps any...