PDA

View Full Version : About a trade?

bigbuc
01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
There.s talk that Roy Williams the WR could be had.

Would you be happy with the bucs giving up there 1st round pick to get him?

Caddy
01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
I think it would be a decent trade. Williams would be a much safer pick than any wideouts in the first round of the draft ala Jackson, Manningham, Hardy, Kelly etc.

etk
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Most definitely. See above post. I love Calais Campbell & Brandon Flowers but even they don't come close to matching up with a dynamic offensive talent like Williams (just what we need). A deep threat with good YAC skills that also has the size to be effective in the red zone. ZOMGZZZ! Simms & Roy reunite? Roy has professed his love for Chris time and time again.

d34ng3l021
02-01-2008, 04:55 AM
That would suck.

Tampa 2 4 life
02-02-2008, 01:57 PM
LOL, didn't we do this in the forum mock?

etk
02-02-2008, 02:13 PM
LOL, didn't we do this in the forum mock?

Yeah, I offered P-L our 1st and Kelly for Williams. Then you guys took Sam Baker and Andre Woodson, and I quit. lol.

Caddy
02-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Haha. The good old days.

Watchman
02-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Most definitely. See above post. I love Calais Campbell & Brandon Flowers but even they don't come close to matching up with a dynamic offensive talent like Williams (just what we need). A deep threat with good YAC skills that also has the size to be effective in the red zone. ZOMGZZZ! Simms & Roy reunite? Roy has professed his love for Chris time and time again.

Why would Roy reunite with Simms on the bench? Wouldn't Roy be on the field?

etk
02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Why would Roy reunite with Simms on the bench? Wouldn't Roy be on the field?

On the practice field and in the locker room. Roy would certainly help Simms if he ever saw the field, but if Gruden can't make him into a decent WCO QB, no one can.

TRJ997
02-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm for it but RW's injury history can't be ignored. There are a few teams with mid/late picks who need a WR, but I wouldn't be surprised if no one offered a 1st rounder for him.

iloxygenil
02-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I'd be shocked if the Lions got a first round pick for Roy Williams, as INCREDIBLE as he is, he's constantly hurt...

I'd love to have him opposite Roddy White in Atlanta, but it's more of a nice thing to have instead of something we 'need' but a team like Tampa Bay could really do something nice with him if he could be had for a decent deal.