PDA

View Full Version : Charles Godfrey / CB / Iowa / 2nd-3rd Round

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 208 | 40-Time: 4.40

Strengths:
Has excellent size with a solid frame and long arms...Outstanding timed speed...A fantastic athlete...Real quick with a burst to close...Very good ball skills...Is strong and tough...Physical and aggressive...A reliable tackler...Will deliver the big hit...Is versatile with experience at two positions...Still improving and has a huge upside.

Weaknesses:
Extremely raw and still learning the position...Has to work on his technique when it comes to footwork and positioning...Marginal instincts and awareness...Doesn't play as fast as he times...Inconsistent and gives up too many big plays...He relies too heavily on his natural talent...Risky and might be a bit of a "Workout Warrior".

Notes:
Older brother El Roberson played quarterback at Kansas State...He played safety early in his college career and only moved to corner in '06...Finally started to fulfill his potential as a senior...Will test through the roof and it'll be easy to fall in love with his measurables but he is still somewhat of a developmental guy...He'll likely be chosen relatively early based more on potential than actual college production.Strong, tough, physical and aggressive with great quickness and huge upside... seems like a great fit at CB and can (probably) be grabbed mid-late round 2. I think most of his weaknesses will fade with proper coaching and experience.

(Poll note: Instead of selecting your opinion of his value, select your opinion of his priority in the projected round. For example: If you vote 1, he's your highest ranked prospect in the projected round. If you vote 2, there's one better prospect in the projected round. Voting 5 suggests that you have 5 or more prospects ranked above him in the projected round.)

woodnick
02-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Strong, tough, physical and aggressive with great quickness and huge upside... seems like a great fit at CB and can (probably) be grabbed mid-late round 2. I think most of his weaknesses will fade with proper coaching and experience.

(Poll note: Instead of selecting your opinion of his value, select your opinion of his priority in the projected round. For example: If you vote 1, he's your highest ranked prospect in the projected round. If you vote 2, there's one better prospect in the projected round. Voting 5 suggests that you have 5 or more prospects ranked above him in the projected round.)

The coaching might be the issue though, but seriously he seems like an interesting prospect and I can't wait to see his measurables in Indy. I also wouldn't mind Ikegwouno in the 2nd, as long as his leg is healing corectly, he seemed to have better in-game performances IMO.

Addict
02-05-2008, 07:42 AM
if he falls to the third, I'm all for drafting him. If not, too bad but there's better options (probably) in the first two rounds.

Iamcanadian
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Certainly looks like a a typical Cover 2 CB. He'd be my 3rd option behind Taliq, and Cason in round 2.
It is extremely difficult to see who Detroit might draft in round 2 since it could really depend on who they secure with their 1st pick. If they get say Harvey in round 1 then a MLB or a CB will be our second rounder although a RB may be another option depending on how they view Jones's present and future health. I think it is simply going to come down to which prospect at those positions is the higher rated player. Normally I'd say Marinelli would completely ignore offense in this draft but it is pretty obvious that he wants to pound the ball and may feel he has to get somebody who is capable in his opinion of doing so.