PDA

View Full Version : Dre Moore / DT / Maryland / Mid Rounder

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 311 | 40-Time: 4.95

Strengths:
Terrific size with a big frame...Excellent strength...Great speed and quickness with a burst to close...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Has good range and makes plays in pursuit...Can penetrate and wreak havoc in the backfield...Has the potential to be stout at the point of attack...Could play in multiple schemes...Has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Still pretty raw...Lackluster instincts and awareness...Inconsistent leverage...Does not use his hands well...Pass rush repertoire is limited...He doesn't play up to his weight room numbers..His work ethic and motor have been brought into question.

Notes:
First name is actually Marchondray...He played just one year of varsity football in high school..Could project to either a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme...Has everything you look for physically but just has not been able to put it all together yet, although he did have his best year as a senior...A "Workout Warrior" who will probably be chosen earlier than his film would otherwise indicate...Quite possibly a boom or bust type.If we trade Shaun Rogers, this guy is an intriguing 3rd/4th round prospect. Big and strong with quickness and can penetrate.

His weaknesses (awareness/leverage/use of hands/lack of moves) can be fixed with great coaching... something Marinelli can provide. If Rogers leaves, I'd like a player like this to join the DT rotation.

(Poll note: Instead of selecting your opinion of his value, select your opinion of his priority in the projected round. For example: If you vote 1, he's your highest ranked prospect in the projected round. If you vote 2, there's one better prospect in the projected round. Voting 5 suggests that you have 5 or more prospects ranked above him in the projected round.)

Brothgar
02-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I put him at 3rd

I'd rather have Frank Okam, Owen Schmitt.

woodnick
02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Okam might turn out to be just another Rogers tyoe of player that struggles with weight and consistency, so in view of those criticisms I don't think the Lions will invest in another guy that comes with those issues. Red Bryant might be a better fit than both those guys.

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Okam might turn out to be just another Rogers tyoe of player that struggles with weight and consistency, so in view of those criticisms I don't think the Lions will invest in another guy that comes with those issues. Red Bryant might be a better fit than both those guys.
I was thinking the same thing... but saw this:

Wears down too easily...Inconsistent and disappears from the action too often....Motor runs hot and cold..May have durability issues.

woodnick
02-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing... but saw this:

Ouch, for what I've read on ESPN.com they just say that he has a good but not great motor, but his concerns are really just durability and closing speed. They really rip on Okam though and his lack of effort.

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Ouch, for what I've read on ESPN.com they just say that he has a good but not great motor, but his concerns are really just durability and closing speed. They really rip on Okam though and his lack of effort.

It all leads me back to Moore...

woodnick
02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
It all leads me back to Moore...

But this is what I've seen on Moore: "Plays too high, hasn't shown great lower body strength and can get driven back. Lacks elite size, plays with a narrow base and can't anchor against double teams." Bryant doesn't have those issues.

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
But this is what I've seen on Moore: "Plays too high, hasn't shown great lower body strength and can get driven back. Lacks elite size, plays with a narrow base and can't anchor against double teams." Bryant doesn't have those issues.

True... but he weighs 311 lbs and has these qualities: Excellent strength...Great speed and quickness with a burst to close...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Has good range and makes plays in pursuit...Can penetrate and wreak havoc in the backfield...Has the potential to be stout at the point of attack...

jbombul
02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
i'd rather have trevor laws, hes like a perfect fit for the cover 2 as well as a marinelli guy

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
i'd rather have trevor laws, hes like a perfect fit for the cover 2 as well as a marinelli guy

Yeah... Laws is intriguing. I'll put him up.

Addict
02-05-2008, 07:45 AM

I prefer Laws too. But he'll go earlier than this guy probably because he did so wel in Mobile.

Iamcanadian
02-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Moore is the second coming of Rogers and won't be drafted by the Lions if Marinelli has any impute. Moore is a talented player but I've seen him described as fat and lazy, sound familiar.

Addict
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Moore is the second coming of Rogers and won't be drafted by the Lions if Marinelli has any impute. Moore is a talented player but I've seen him described as fat and lazy, sound familiar.

no kidding. This is Shaun Rogers excited:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/48/484605m.jpg
yippeeee!

Brothgar
02-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Well if we keep Rogers and we get Okam in the 4th round we have two monsters with motor issues so in the case that they both play 1/2 time we could do alot worse with a 4th round pick. Even if he is the next Shaun Rogers and we do get rid of Rogers Okam is still a 4th round pick I'd trade a 4th round pick for another Shaun Rogers.

Addict
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Well if we keep Rogers and we get Okam in the 4th round we have two monsters with motor issues so in the case that they both play 1/2 time we could do alot worse with a 4th round pick. Even if he is the next Shaun Rogers and we do get rid of Rogers Okam is still a 4th round pick I'd trade a 4th round pick for another Shaun Rogers.

I doubt Okam is still there in the 4th to begin with.