PDA

View Full Version : Justin Forsett / RB / Cal / Mid Rounder

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Height: 5-8 | Weight: 196 | 40-Time: 4.45

Strengths:
Quick with good timed speed...Natural runner with good vision and instincts...Very elusive...Decent hands as a receiver...Smart and a hard worker...Team leader with excellent intangibles...Pretty productive...Also offers some special teams potential.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the ideal size that you look for...Gives terrific effort but is a marginal blocker...Not very powerful and offers very little as a short yardage runner...Does not have a lot of experience as a pass catcher...Overall upside is probably limited.

Notes:
His father is a clergyman and coach...Scored 63 touchdowns and rushed for nearly 5,000 yards during his final two years of high school...Finally got an opportunity to start as a senior after backing up Marshawn Lynch early in his career..Will have to make his mark in the NFL as a 3rd down / situational guy, return man and gunner.Interesting mid round RB. I think he'd be a great CoP back... seems to be a hard worker with a love for the game... "Marinelli-guy".

If we fail to address RB in FA, he'd be a player to target in the 4th.

(Poll note: Instead of selecting your opinion of his value, select your opinion of his priority in the projected round. For example: If you vote 1, he's your highest ranked prospect in the projected round. If you vote 2, there's one better prospect in the projected round. Voting 5 suggests that you have 5 or more prospects ranked above him in the projected round.)

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Sounds like Brian Calhoun. If Forsett can stay healthy though, I say go for it in Round 4. He seems to be a little harder worker than Calhoun too.

Addict
02-05-2008, 07:39 AM
the new OC wants a new starter through this Off-season, a mid-rounder hardly fits the bill. We need a replacement for Kevin 'Auch' Jones.

Iamcanadian
02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I just don't think Forsett fits Marinelli's offensive system. I believe Marinelli is going to pound the ball and he needs bigger RB's to accomplish that. If he feels Ducket can get the job done, he will pretty well draft only defense, if he thinks Duckett is strickly a 2nd teamer and cannot carry a full load, then he'll be looking for a RB who can.

Addict
02-06-2008, 06:05 AM
I just don't think Forsett fits Marinelli's offensive system. I believe Marinelli is going to pound the ball and he needs bigger RB's to accomplish that. If he feels Ducket can get the job done, he will pretty well draft only defense, if he thinks Duckett is strickly a 2nd teamer and cannot carry a full load, then he'll be looking for a RB who can.

Rashard Mendenhall

TacticaLion
02-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Rashard Mendenhall

Yer like a ninja, Addict...
... a sneaky ninja...

Addict
02-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Yer like a ninja, Addict...
... a sneaky ninja...

made a pic of myself with my webcam this afternoon, here's proof

http://limelight-942.static.dailymotion.com/dyn/preview/160x120/923942.jpg
and yes, parasols are very very ninja

Brothgar
02-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Why would we need forsett if we keep Duckett which I think we will.

Scotty D
02-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Why would we need forsett if we keep Duckett which I think we will.

Forsett could be a speedy compliment. Although if we were going that route there are other backs I like. Charles, Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, Slaton

wingboy2999
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Oh crap, these threads are back.

Bootland27
02-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Oh crap, these threads are back.

Its only the beginning.....once TL comes back these threads are gonna start popping up even more now that NFL has their own scouting reports.

bearfan
02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
I like Forsett a lot, from what I have seen of him he plays a lot stronger than what he is. Him and Lynch I thought were very much a like when they played together, but Forsett isnt nearly as good. I think it would be a nice pick up in the 4th round for you guys, and that you could have a quality back in him.

TacticaLion
02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Its only the beginning.....once TL comes back these threads are gonna start popping up even more now that NFL has their own scouting reports.

I asked and was told that these would be a good idea. Why throw all ideas about a prospect into the same thread and watch them get buried? Each of the ideal prospects should have their own place to be talked about.

**** it, though... I don't really care.