PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Laws / DT / Notre Dame / Mid Rounder

TacticaLion
02-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 295 | 40-Time: 5.00

Strengths:
Has a non-stop motor...Great strength...Technically sound and really understands leverage...Is real quick and a decent athlete...Outstanding tackler...Can penetrate and make plays in the backfield..Versatile and has played multiple positions in two different schemes...Has a ton of experience against top competition...Really smart and a hard worker...Active hands...Productive...Had a great senior year...A leader.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the height that you look for...Can be too aggressive at times...Is not overly stout at the point of attack..Has a limited pass rush repertoire and basically relies on hustle...Not very powerful...Bit of a 'tweener...Doesn't have much upside.

Notes:
Finished 49-0 as a state champion super-heavyweight wrestler as a junior...Was ranked as the #1 high school wrestler in the nation...Gatorade Player of the Year in Minnesota..Played defensive tackle for the first 3 years of his college career and moved outside to end as a senior when the Irish transitioned to a 3-4...Notched an amazing 112 tackles as a senior, which matched the total of his three previous years combined...Could project to either tackle or end at the next level depending on the scheme...Doesn't have all the physical tools you look for but his intangibles are top-rate...The type who will never be a star and projects as more of a backup in the NFL but could play in the league for a long time and coaches will adore him.Intriguing DT prospect. As jbombul said in another thread, great fit for the Cover 2 and a "Marinelli-guy". Might not be available in the 4th... Scott has him ranked 87th on his Top 100.

(Poll note: Instead of selecting your opinion of his value, select your opinion of his priority in the projected round. For example: If you vote 1, he's your highest ranked prospect in the projected round. If you vote 2, there's one better prospect in the projected round. Voting 5 suggests that you have 5 or more prospects ranked above him in the projected round.)

bearsfan_51
02-03-2008, 01:05 PM
He's a 3rd rounder at the latest. Anything else is wishful thinking.

Geo
02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I think someone takes him in the second round, but if he does reach the third, he won't last too long.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
If you didn't look at the name on that scouting report

You could replace it with Corey Redding 2006 and first half of 2007.

And why does the scouting report say great strength in the strengths

And not very powerful in the weaknesses.

I guess he's a strong DE and a weak DT.

Xiomera
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Tactica . . . I am really not understanding what all these threads are about?

Addict
02-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Tactica . . . I am really not understanding what all these threads are about?

I'm with Xio, I'm a bit lost.

TacticaLion
02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Many prospects that posters mention get lost/buried in the General Discussion thread (or others). On top of that, many posters don't know much about the actual prospects... strengths/weaknesses, ect.

If you've got a prospect that you're interested in, and you think would be a good fit, posting a thread and listing the strengths/weaknesses gives everyone a place to talk about him without the topic getting buried.

Regardless, isn't this what the forums are for?

Xiomera
02-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Tactica, it's the polls that aren't making any sense. It's gonna be damn near impossible to slot these guys realistically into a round.

And none of us have a list of 5 prospects we are targetting for each round.

Addict
02-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Tactica, it's the polls that aren't making any sense. It's gonna be damn near impossible to slot these guys realistically into a round.

And none of us have a list of 5 prospects we are targetting for each round.

HA you mean you don't! neither do I, but still, it's very well possible everyone except us has one

TacticaLion
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM

And none of us have a list of 5 prospects we are targetting for each round.It's also damn near impossible for anyone to make a 3 round mock that actually plays out. Some people know which prospects they want in each round, and those people have an easy time with the polls.

Take the easy one: Connor. Many of us know exactly which players we want in round 1, so that poll is easy. The rest of the polls are the same way. Know which players/positions you want to address? Cool... then answering the poll is simple.

Feel free to ignore the poll all together. Many of them have been answered, so at least some people have figured them out.

Xiomera
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
It's not they I can't figure them out . . . it's just that there is a discrepancy between what we want and reality. In the case of Connor, yes I like him a lot. But he isn't the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th guy I would take in Round One if I had the choice. If I had it my way, I'd take McFadden 1st, and Connor something likr 10th. . . but it's not realistic. That's all I am saying. We don't know who is gonna be available at 15. So how can I prioritize Connor over the unknowns?

I know what you're trying to do, but the polls don't work well.

End Rant . . .

TacticaLion
02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
It's not they I can't figure them out . . . it's just that there is a discrepancy between what we want and reality. In the case of Connor, yes I like him a lot. But he isn't the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th guy I would take in Round One if I had the choice. If I had it my way, I'd take McFadden 1st, and Connor something likr 10th. . . but it's not realistic. That's all I am saying. We don't know who is gonna be available at 15. So how can I prioritize Connor over the unknowns?

I know what you're trying to do, but the polls don't work well.

End Rant . . .

Easy answer: it's your reasonable opinion of who you want. Listing McFadden as your pick at 15 isn't reasonable... so you shouldn't include him in your poll option (unless you really want to).

It really isn't that hard, Xio... actually, it's like everything else on these forums. No one knows who will be available at 15, but they still make mocks. Second round? No one is sure at this point... but they still make projections. It's the way a pre-draft website works... no one knows for sure, but picks are still made.

So, it's all your opinion. Make a projection. Give a guess. No one will hold it against you.

Addict
02-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Easy answer: it's your reasonable opinion of who you want. Listing McFadden as your pick at 15 isn't reasonable... so you shouldn't include him in your poll option (unless you really want to).

It really isn't that hard, Xio... actually, it's like everything else on these forums. No one knows who will be available at 15, but they still make mocks. Second round? No one is sure at this point... but they still make projections. It's the way a pre-draft website works... no one knows for sure, but picks are still made.

So, it's all your opinion. Make a projection. Give a guess. No one will hold it against you.

that´s where you´re wrong tactica, I would.

Xiomera
02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
that´s where you´re wrong tactica, I would.

Let's take Laws at 15 . . .

TacticaLion
02-06-2008, 08:42 AM

Yes! Xio... we did it! We made a decision!

Addict
02-06-2008, 08:46 AM

:O do you have a website? I'll join YOUR forum!

Xiomera
02-06-2008, 12:46 PM
:O do you have a website? I'll join YOUR forum!

It's in my sig . . . sadly, it is not football related . . . but feel free to have a look, ha ha

Addict
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
It's in my sig . . . sadly, it is not football related . . . but feel free to have a look, ha ha

... I'm looking for that 'get a life' pic I used earlier in the NFL Draft section... but... can't find it. You look it up it's in the draft board thread.

Xiomera
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
... I'm looking for that 'get a life' pic I used earlier in the NFL Draft section... but... can't find it. You look it up it's in the draft board thread.

Yes, I will be sure to burn myself.

Jesus Christ . . .

Addict
02-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Yes, I will be sure to burn myself.

Jesus Christ . . .

I see your Jesus Christ and I raise you a Jesus Christ on a Dinosaur!

http://www.ericdsnider.com/images/dinosaur.JPG