PDA

View Full Version : LaBoy and Odom

toddmlazarchick
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
i see that both of these guys could be leaving your team this year. My team needs some help at DE. I wanted to know what you guys think of them and whether they are better suited for starter or just depth. thanks

smittyjs
02-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Odom when heathly can be a starter, but no to LaBoy

toddmlazarchick
02-04-2008, 08:30 PM
is odom better against the pass or run or is he equal at both?

Cashmoney
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
is odom better against the pass or run or is he equal at both?

He's nothing special as a runstopper but he's not bad either. He is however very good rushing the passer. Laboy, however, is a great situational guy and offers good depth. The big question on both of them is if they can stay healthy or not.

smittyjs
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
is odom better against the pass or run or is he equal at both?There both better pass rusher, but IMo Odom is overall better.

Pit Bull #53
02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I think Odom is definitely the better all around player. I also think he still has some untapped potential. Much better body type than LaBoy...Odom has longer arms (no official measurements, but it sure looks like it to the naked eye), and just looks more lean and athletic. I think Odom plays the run fine, nothing special though. He seems to make plays in the backfield and is good at holding at the point and stringing plays to the outside. Put up some really nice QB hurry numbers this year too when he was finally healthy. I still don't think he's hit his prime yet.

LaBoy is a great natural pass rusher. He just has that knack of getting a sack at key moments, when we need one and when everyone knows we're coming. He's a liability against the run though even though he's strong. I don't ever see him getting off blocks well. Think he's a rotational player, but a very good one. Only other concern is that he is basically a walking concussion. That's a damn big concern.

toddmlazarchick
02-05-2008, 12:01 AM
thank you pit bull for ur input. do u guys think u will resign either?

Cashmoney
02-05-2008, 12:19 AM
thank you pit bull for ur input. do u guys think u will resign either?

What!? no love for me or the smittmyster????? blasphemy!!!!!!
And I do Believe we will try to resign both since we have so much capspace, as long as the price is reasonable. Odom is a higher priority though. Good luck with randy starks!!