PDA

View Full Version : 3 Round Mock Draft

adschofield
02-23-2007, 06:18 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/adschofield.aspx

Explain why a pick doesn't make sense, not just this pick sucks

ftbl88
02-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I will tell you why the Eagles picks suck.
1. If Griffin is still available at 26, we go with him. NO WRs for the Eagles on the first day!
2. Since we got Griffin and Leonard is gone and there is only one DE worthy of our pick here, we would go with Woodley.
3. It sucks that you have Waters going the pick before us. So in that situation we would probably go CB.

adschofield
02-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I will tell you why the Eagles picks suck.
1. If Griffin is still available at 26, we go with him. NO WRs for the Eagles on the first day!
2. Since we got Griffin and Leonard is gone and there is only one DE worthy of our pick here, we would go with Woodley.
3. It sucks that you have Waters going the pick before us. So in that situation we would probably go CB.

I actually had Waters to Philly at first, but I thought OLB was a bigger need. Also, there weren't a lot of good CB's at Philly's 3rd Round pick.

TNewFan41
02-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I love Landry and our R/3 pick ain't bad either, but we have no need to draft a first day K. Gramatica was fine for us last year...medlock on day 2 would make much more sense. :D

KCJ58
02-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Rams Draft

1. :|
2. :D
3. :evil:

Pit Bull #53
02-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Love the Abiamiri in the 2nd pick. It is perfect.

I'm not crazy about Jarrett, but I guess that's just a personal preference. Depending on how the next couple weeks play out, I could see us going with a top notch man-to-man corner if Adam Jones future is in jeopardy. I think Chris Houston would be a fantastic pick.

Wade in the third is good.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Denver doesn't need a CB first round. We kinda have a nickelback who was pretty much as good as Darrent was. His name's Dominique Foxworth, and he'll probably be better than Houston next year, so theres no point in drafting a nickelback in the first round.

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 07:14 PM
pretty good oakland draft

Caddy
02-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Johnson: Good pick
Harrell: Average pick
Woodley: Good pick
Johnson: Decent pick

AZ9er
02-23-2007, 08:17 PM
1st round: awesome

second round give us mcbean
third round duckworth

thomas is too much of a problem has mental issues herm wouldnt want that on his team

bucknut12
02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Puz- :| Unless he plays ILB

Pitcock- :)

Irons- :)

You get a B

Rayford Mcdaniel
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Lynch - Ideal.
Wilson - Would want to go safety here if your not gonna in the 3rd. Especially with his size he is a virtual no impact guy.
Stuckey - I dont really see us needing a WR to grab one over a S.

PalmerToCJ
02-23-2007, 08:43 PM
We have big contracts to Justin Smith and Robert Geathers at DE and just spent a 3rd rounder on Frostee Rucker last year... No Carriker.

We need a playmaker and Landry would be perfect in the first.

Round 2 Johnathan Wade seems like the pick that makes the most sense.

ftbl88
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, there aren't many good CBs left in that spot. We may go with a big DT or another MLB. We wouldn't need a great CB though, since it would only be our nickel. We don't have too many needs, so it is hard to figure out where we would go in your situation.

DBeebe82
02-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Bills Mock

1. :D
2. :)
3. :)

MikitsuroNa
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
AWFUL Giants Mock.

Rd. 1 we will not reach, give us timmons or poslusnzy.

Rd.2 No RB before round 4 for us.

kwilliamsfa
02-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Dubious Denver draft.

Pass rush is the #1 priority, so I'd think DL in round 1. If the Broncos wanted secondary help, why pass on Landry? Safety is a bigger need than CB, and Landry could be a cornerstone of the defense for years to come.

Crowder's a good power end but that doesn't add a whole lot to the pass rush.

If we're gambling on a DT in round 3, Marcus Thomas >> McBean. A MLB? Doesn't seem likely. RB, S, OL, WR are all needs that aren't addressed.

adschofield
02-23-2007, 10:22 PM
AWFUL Giants Mock.

Rd. 1 we will not reach, give us timmons or poslusnzy.

Rd.2 No RB before round 4 for us.

Yeah, I wanted to trade the Giants pick, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

etk
02-23-2007, 10:28 PM
First 3 picks were great, but Johnson was a bad one. If we draft a S it has to be one of the top safeties, so adding depth does not upgrade Will Allen. We also don't need a big safety like Johnson, we have Jermaine Phillips. Tampa 2 Free Safeties should be smaller and fast, like Brandon Meriweather :D Give us an OLB or a more suitable FS instead.

regoob2
02-23-2007, 10:34 PM
at this point the SF pick doesnt make sense because if we get a good D-line, that can pressure the QB, then our CB's will automaticly improve. Plus we can still get Clemens in FA

adschofield
02-23-2007, 10:34 PM
We have big contracts to Justin Smith and Robert Geathers at DE and just spent a 3rd rounder on Frostee Rucker last year... No Carriker.

We need a playmaker and Landry would be perfect in the first.

Round 2 Johnathan Wade seems like the pick that makes the most sense.

I meant Carriker to be a UT

adschofield
02-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Puz- :| Unless he plays ILB

Pitcock- :)

Irons- :)

You get a B

Yeah, I meant Puz to be a ILB, but I'll take a B

adschofield
02-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Dubious Denver draft.

Pass rush is the #1 priority, so I'd think DL in round 1. If the Broncos wanted secondary help, why pass on Landry? Safety is a bigger need than CB, and Landry could be a cornerstone of the defense for years to come.

Crowder's a good power end but that doesn't add a whole lot to the pass rush.

If we're gambling on a DT in round 3, Marcus Thomas >> McBean. A MLB? Doesn't seem likely. RB, S, OL, WR are all needs that aren't addressed.

thanks for the criticism, I kinda of go by what sites tell me the needs are so I will do more research next time, thanks again.

thebow305
02-24-2007, 01:53 AM
The timmons pick in round one is good, for the second I would rather have mccauley than eric wright, who is a reach at that point right now. TERRIBLE 3RD ROUNDER!

Tubby
02-24-2007, 02:01 AM
I would explain why the Aaron Rouse pick is terrible, but I've tried that before and nobody learns. Just know that it is terrible.

piuttosto
02-24-2007, 02:16 AM
1. So we pass on Landry and Willis for Ross, because Timmons isn't there...Right. :roll: Hell naw.
2. Buck Fush. Beason or Tanard Jackson would be better in the 2nd round, depending on what he picked in the 1st.
3. Hell, if Rufus Alexander is there then I'd want him. Did you notice that you didn't even give us a LB? You obviously should have known it was a need because you stated we wanted Timmons.

angelsdontkill
02-24-2007, 03:13 AM
I <3 that Panthers draft. I may be in a minority, but I want them to get Quinn.

kevin148
02-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Like the Charles Johnson pick....and I really like the Davis pick...but Levi Brown at 7 isn't realistic. We're not giving #7 money to a RT. McKinnie just signed a huge deal , as did Hutch and we're in contract negotiations with Birk...we have 300 million invested in O-Line and with all money needed for WR's ...which we'll try and acquire via F/A...this isn't a likely pick at all.

...Give us Brady Quinn in the first and it'd be a very solid (and likely draft).

adschofield
02-24-2007, 11:07 AM
I would explain why the Aaron Rouse pick is terrible, but I've tried that before and nobody learns. Just know that it is terrible.

I've heard your case for not taking a Safety day one, and I tried to find another pick, but nothing else made sense. With the available prospects on the board at that time, who would have been picked?

adschofield
02-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Like the Charles Johnson pick....and I really like the Davis pick...but Levi Brown at 7 isn't realistic. We're not giving #7 money to a RT. McKinnie just signed a huge deal , as did Hutch and we're in contract negotiations with Birk...we have 300 million invested in O-Line and with all money needed for WR's ...which we'll try and acquire via F/A...this isn't a likely pick at all.

...Give us Brady Quinn in the first and it'd be a very solid (and likely draft).

I thought the Vikings were high on Travarais Jackson

Davidfdez
02-24-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/adschofield.aspx

Explain why a pick doesn't make sense, not just this pick sucks

SF:

No corners in round 1. Okoye/Carriker/Landry I can live with.
I have a feeling that if Meriweather is still there at pick 43, Nolan will not hesitate in taking him.
Rd 3 not bad.

T-RICH49
02-24-2007, 07:37 PM
I love the Meachem and Grubbs picks but Thomas character issues worry me

trademaster
02-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Love the fist pick but we wont pass on Grubbs on the 2nd.

The Unseen
02-24-2007, 08:20 PM
1. No. The Jaguars would not draft a pass-catcher for the fourth year in a row.

2. Good pick.

3. The Jaguars are probably keeping all 3 QBs, so it's unnecessary.

LB51
02-25-2007, 08:31 AM
1st-Landry(maybe ross or houston)
2nd-Beason
3rd-Free

smittyjs
02-25-2007, 11:31 AM
pretty good titans draft.

SDSupaChargers
02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Solid chargers draft.

Green Bay Scat
02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
well the pack mock was a D+ at best, Lynch is just about a given. And although i like Wilson, we swung and missed on Carroll and i really dont think he would help. And then stuckey, isnt a solid reciver, maybe a #4 or #5. The packers would take Merriweather isnted of Wilson and ether Jonathan wade if we want corner or Steve Smith/Andre Allison if we want a WR.

The OUTLAW
02-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Ugoh is a better 2nd round pick for the Browns.

kevin148
02-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I thought the Vikings were high on Travarais Jackson

We are....but Childress has already said that no position is out of quesiton...when asked about the option of picking Quinn.
Some believe this is nothing more than a tactic to retain value for the spot in case of trade offers ...which would never work anyway and was tried with no success when we took Kevin Williams when Leftwhich was still on the board, and others (myself included) believe that Quinn is a top tier Qb while Jackson is raw and a develomental project.

Quinn probably sits year one anyway and Jackson and Bollinger battle for the starting gig...then in year 2 either Quinn would take the helm (should the Vikes suck again and be out of the playoffs) or perhaps he'd have more trade value having 2 years under his belt...or as an insurance plan.
This to me would be much like the Aaron Rodgers / Brett Favre or Matt Schaub / Mike Vick situation ...where you just don't let franchise QB's (potential) slip past you ...for a Tackle who'd make 7 money ? or a WR ?
We tried that got burned and with the recent history of WR's going in the lottery and tanking...I just am not as optimistic as most "experts" who throw Ted Ginn Jr in our slot because they think we're "desperate" for a WR and are willing to throw huge money on a maybe at a position that makes an impact like twice a game (even Owens/Johnson/Holt..ect.ect...) these guys only get between 4-10 catches a game. so their opportunities to be effective is pretty small. When you get a premier one you hang onto it (T.O. is the exception) but a DE or a OG and yes the QB their impact is felt every play.
That's why most value "lottery" (I hate that NBA Term..the NFL has never used a lottery system) pick is a luxury and must be used wisely.
Otherwise you're the Detroit Lions or Cleveland Browns and picking in the same position year in and year out.

Scotty D
02-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't like Moses. Reminds me to much of Kalimba Edwards.