PDA

View Full Version : Grades and Reactions to last 4 Rams drafts

nfrillman
02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Pick....Round......Overall
1 24 24 Steven Jackson RB ...........Excellent, possibly the only RB taken early in that draft that isn't on the verge of bust status, A+
3 28 91 Tony Hargrove DE ............Terrible, character issues never went away, F
4 34 130 Brandon Chillar LB ...........Very good, highly underated IMO, B+
5 26 158 Jason Shivers DB ............Crappy crappy, F
6 36 201 Jeff Smoker QB ..............Decent 3rd stringer for a few years, C-
7 36 237 Erik Jensen TE ...............Who? F
7 37 238 Larry Turner T ...............Anytime a 7th rounder sees the field it is a decent pick, but lets not start thinking he was actually good, C

1 19 19 Alex Barron T ..................There are mixed feelings about him on this board and among Rams fans in general, but he is a solid OT and may perform better on the left side in years to come, B
2 18 50 Ronald Bartell DB ..............I am a big fan of Bartell, a CB with great size and athleticism. He will challenge Brown for the starting spot next year, B+
3 2 66 Oshiomogho Atogwe DB ......Should have made the probowl, he will become on of the elite safeties in the league, A+
3 17 81 Richie Incognito C ............Pick was questioned at the time, took a couple seasons to see the field, but when healthy he is a force, B
4 16 117 Jerome Carter DB ...........Was a decent backup safety for a couple years, but ultimately he provided the Rams very little, D-
4 33 134 Claude Terrell G .............Looked to have a solid future with the Rams, health and conditioning issues derailed that, C-
5 8 144 Jerome Collins TE ............One of many TE's the Rams have drafted recently, never did much, D-
6 18 192 Dante Ridgeway WR .......Some were high on him as a sleeper, but never developed, F
6 36 210 Reggie Hodges P ...........Started for a year, wasn't very good, but did start, C-
7 36 250 Ryan Fitzpatrick QB .......Very good 3rd stringer, successfully lost the Rams 5 draft spots in the comeback against the Texans, but he did decent when in, B-
7 37 251 Madison Hedgecock RB ..Superbowl champion, still wonder the rationale behind releasing him, great pick but no longer on team, A

1 15 15 Tye Hill DB Clemson.........I think he will become an elite CB in the league as early as next year, A
2 14 46 Joe Klopfenstein TE ........Not producing like a 2nd rounder should, in fact I think he had one catch this season, he has time to turn it around, D-
3 4 68 Claude Wroten DT ...........Pick was questioned, but he should be a solid member of the D-line in a rotation
3 13 77 Jon Alston LB ................Not sure what ever came of him, a lot of people were high on this pick. He has great athleticism but doesn't really have a position, F
3 29 93 Dominique Byrd TE .........Had a stupid legal issue this season, provides the Rams with solid depth at TE, but how much depth do you really need at TE, D
4 16 113 Victor Adeyanju DE .......Good run stopper at DE, should be a solid member of DE rotation for a good while, B+
5 11 144 Marques Hagans WR ......Looks to be blossoming, best case scenario is that he steps in as 3rd WR when Bruce retires (give us one more year), B
7 13 221 Tim McGarigle LB ..........Good member of the special teams, C+
7 34 242 Mark Setterstrom G .......Looks like he could anchor a G spot for years to come, great pick, A
7 35 243 Tony Palmer G ..............I like the Missouri guy, but he never did much to impress, F

2007 (A little early to grade, but I'll give it a shot)
1 13 13 Adam Carriker DE ............People who watched the Rams were impressed by his play, I'm very excited about him, A
2 20 52 Brian Leonard RB .............Could develop into an excellent weapon and dual threat, B+
3 21 84 Jonathan Wade DB ..........I am really high on him, when you question who is faster between Hill and Wade you know Wade must be electrifyingly fast. Still a little raw, but he could develop into a very good CB, B
5 2 139 Dustin Fry C ...................It's probably too early to judge him because he hasn't had a chance to play, but that is because he didn't outperform Romberg and McCullum, so I'll hold that against him a little, C-
5 17 154 Clifton Ryan DT .............Many, including me, are very high on Ryan. When he was in he seemed to dominate. Best case scenario is that he and Carriker can anchor the line, A
6 16 190 Ken Shackleford T .........When a team has as many injuries on the O-line as the Rams did and you still don't see the field you must not be very good at all, F
7 38 248 Keith Jackson DT ...........No longer with the team, didn't get to see him very much, F
7 39 249 Derek Stanley WR ..........Dominated D-II or D-III, which ever he was in. It's too early to tell so I'm not grading him