PDA

View Full Version : 15 INT's Cromarties Goal for '08...LOVE IT!

Thunder&Lightning
02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
"Fifteen might be the goal next year"

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/02/05/sports/professional/chargers/18_56_502_4_08.txt

Gotta love how cromartie says he can get 15 int's next year. Guys a freak if any other player said he could do this i would be in doubt. Not cromartie, he hasnt even reached his full potential yet.

KCJ58
02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Steven Jackson promised a whole lot of yards last year and didn't deliver, just saying

LonghornsLegend
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Makes sense, you have to set your goals high so you continue to work hard to reach them, he had 10 so what sense would it make to shoot for 8, you always want to improve...

Hopefully it doesnt make him start guessing and jumping routes though for the picks...he certainly has the talent to accomplish one pick per game though, but I expect teams throw to him alot less then what they normally do, he's well known and he could end up with the deion sanders treatment and stay away from him

cardsalltheway
02-05-2008, 08:04 PM
No other player has done it in history, but you have no doubt that Cromartie can do it? Come on now. He's a great talent, but let's get serious here.

JK17
02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't see anyway he gets it. Anything's possible but c'mon. First off team's will be more aware of him. Secondly its an insane number. Players always set high goals like this.

More power to him for aiming that high, but in all likelihood....just not gonna happen.

02-06-2008, 07:00 AM
One of the more talented defensive players in the league so if there was anyone that could do this its probably him. However if teams stop throwing his way of course hes got no chance. Nice to know some players have already set really high goals for themselves next year though.

KRS1
02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
He can get it of course. The chances of him getting it on the other hand... Not so likely. He started half a season and got 10 this year so he has a chance but at some point if he keeps getting picks he will also stop being thrown at. The thing he has going for him is that his hands are just as good if not better than basically any reciever he is up against, but if he keeps playing like he did this year they will just go away from him. He was picked on this year as a 1st time starter but that probably won't happen in the future. So yes it's possible with his skills but probably won't happen. If he gets anywhere even close to 10 again this year he will pretty much cement himself in the top 3 or 4 CB's or even defensive players in the league.

GDWTheSickness
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
eh, its possible....i guess...11 would be a better goal.

brat316
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah people start avoiding throwing in your direction. Asante people avoid him he went from 10 to 6.

Addict
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
highly unlikely. He's got the talent, but QB's are bound to take him into account more, so his oppertunities will deminish.

SaintsFanForLife
02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
highly unlikely. He's got the talent, but QB's are bound to take him into account more, so his oppertunities will deminish.

I have to agree. Teams will place him in there game plans more now.

defensiveback23
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I think he'll reach double digits but 15 is pushing it. Although it should be noted that teams can't exactly throw away from him. Jammer is extremely underrated and teams generally didn't test him. He showed why against the Patriots. They can throw over the middle on our NB, but if we draft a good coverage safety like Smith to complement Weddle they are going to have trouble throwing virtually everywhere. Also a lot of Cromartie's picks came from his athletic ability, like the one handed pick on Manning, rather than great positioning. Once he gets the proper technique and positioning down from experience he might reach that goal.

soybean
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
carson palmer also shot for 70 percent completion rating this past season.

Thunder&Lightning
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Have Faith People...have Faith!

fenikz
02-06-2008, 08:55 PM
eventually they will just stop throwing towards him

Crazy_Chris
02-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I doubt he will break Night Train Lane's record next year. But I like that he is setting the bar high.

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Cromartie will be lucky to get 5 next year.....Jammer will get abused next year.

defensiveback23
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Cromartie will be lucky to get 5 next year.....Jammer will get abused next year.

I don't understand why people think Jammer is so bad. He is part of the reason Cro got so many picks. Teams stay away from him too. The Patriots tried to test him and he made them pay.

Splat
02-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't think he will even have ten people will stop throwing to his side of the field.

BroadwayJoe10
02-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't see it happening but i absolutely love it. I beleive CBs have to have a coccky swagger to them and think that they can shutdown anyone/pick off anything and the fact he's setting 15 for himself shows he isn't complacent with what he accomplished. I think a better goal for himself would be to not allow a td against him or somethin like that, becuase that he can control better than pickin off 15. Oh well, good for him.

d34ng3l021
02-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I dont think any CB will be able to get around the 14 or 15 area, unless they are in there first year starting and start all 16 games while playing lights out.

After that, teams are bound to avoid the man or zone you are covering. He already got 10 and has shown his freakish athleticism and I am sure that QBs and OCs are taking note of that around the NFL.

I dont think he is good enough to get the Sanders treatment yet, but things might change in a couple of years. Of anyone in the NFL that can get that treatment it is him (and Hall of course). But it is still very very very unlikely because of the rules in the NFL today.