PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones

Hermstheman83
02-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey guys,
Just been reading around and apparently the Titans are trying to trade that much maligned player. That's an intriguing fit because he's a very good cornerback, and he's a good punt returner. So, then in a draft, we could pick up Jake Long(assuming Sedrick ellis goes before him, he does seem to be hyped up pretty good), and then the #1 guard in the second round. Also, with Pacman Jones, our defense instantly becomes one of the toughest in the league(since it'd be a lot harder to run against a much younger corner tandem). In the third I wouldn't be opposed to Charles Godfrey, I hear some value him as a 4th rounder...but I remember him at U of Iowa and he was a monster his first two years, then he really dropped after that(I think that's the general feeling around Iowa City..I live like 45 minutes away).

Oh, but he's also been in trouble quite a few times. I don't think the Titans will get much for him(sounds like a Randy Moss situation to me), maybe a fourth round pick.

In all honesty, I don't see Herm and Co. taking a shot with him. I just thought I'd throw that situation out there.

BPhilb
02-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey guys,
Just been reading around and apparently the Titans are trying to trade that much maligned player. That's an intriguing fit because he's a very good cornerback, and he's a good punt returner. So, then in a draft, we could pick up Jake Long(assuming Sedrick ellis goes before him, he does seem to be hyped up pretty good), and then the #1 guard in the second round. Also, with Pacman Jones, our defense instantly becomes one of the toughest in the league(since it'd be a lot harder to run against a much younger corner tandem). In the third I wouldn't be opposed to Charles Godfrey, I hear some value him as a 4th rounder...but I remember him at U of Iowa and he was a monster his first two years, then he really dropped after that(I think that's the general feeling around Iowa City..I live like 45 minutes away).

Oh, but he's also been in trouble quite a few times. I don't think the Titans will get much for him(sounds like a Randy Moss situation to me), maybe a fourth round pick.

In all honesty, I don't see Herm and Co. taking a shot with him. I just thought I'd throw that situation out there.

As much of a need as he would fill talent wise, getting Pacman would be a desperation move in my opinion and one that if ends badly could set our process back a couple of years. I don't think we will go down this road and I'm perfectly ok with three young guys manning the secondary next year and will take our lumps there as we continue to progress.

villagewarrior
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Maybe if Pacman had been able to keep his nose clean during this long suspension but it seems like he is always finding a way into a negative spotlight. He doesn't seem to comprehend that he needs to be at home by midnight to stay out of trouble, and that shows a remarkable lack of intelligence that I would just as soon stay away from. No thanks.

bored of education
02-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I wouldnt give up more than a 4th for Pacman. godfrey will be gone early 2nd. he is in that porter, patrick lee level early mid 2nd level. i wold love if Godfrey FELLL to us in the 3rd.

if you want to wait for the third/4th we could get someone like Lowery, Simeon castille, John Hefney(great cover 2 prospect), Trae Williams , Terrel Thomas, Jack Williams(great cover 2 CB out of Kent St), Tyon Branch.

I wouldnt mind 6th round takening a stab at Jack Ikegwuono since he wont play at all next year due to injury.

Others i like are Jerrid gaines, Antwuan Molden and Brandon Sumrall

Hermstheman83
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
As much of a need as he would fill talent wise, getting Pacman would be a desperation move in my opinion and one that if ends badly could set our process back a couple of years. I don't think we will go down this road and I'm perfectly ok with three young guys manning the secondary next year and will take our lumps there as we continue to progress.

Yea, I actually like the idea of telling my children about good NFL players that are on the Chiefs(I.E. Jared Allen, dude really cleaned up his act and you can't help but respect that).
But since we're on the topic of the much aligned players. What about a guy like Corey Redding from the Lions? He's been a pro bowler so the talent is there....a guy on arrowheadaddict.com said "to the players that have trouble meeting their potential..meet Herm Edwards).

Splat
02-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I would rather be kicked in the balls then have this guy on our team.

villagewarrior
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I would rather be kicked in the balls then have this guy on our team.

You're dislike of Pacman is on an unreal level. I think I'd much rather have almost anything happen then get kicked in the jewels.

vidae
02-17-2008, 12:10 AM
I do not want him here. He is a good player but a terrible person.