PDA

View Full Version : 'Twas the Mock Before the Combine

Philliez01
02-23-2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/1792/Review.aspx
__________________________________________________ _________

Ok, here's a disclaimer, read this before reading the Mock. This is more of a test Mock and I think some of the things I did were based on testing the waters. This was more of a test and I know OAKLAND fans will say there thing so I posted your anger already so there's no need to throw the same argument at me that you have said in every thread. I saved your fingers the work. Philly's and New England's pick baffled me and some guys FELL that shouldn't FALL and other guys ROSE where they probably shouldn't RISE.

Comments Appreciated and feedback is MUCHO needed.

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
alright raider pick. ur explaination pretty much sums it up.

Philliez01
02-23-2007, 09:34 PM

What about Round 2? I just want to know the other pick and how you feel about that one just as well.

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 09:37 PM

What about Round 2? I just want to know the other pick and how you feel about that one just as well.

i think staley is better tha him right now but i have heard his stock has been rising.

kwilliamsfa
02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Two DL picks in the first two rounds? I can live with that... :wink:

1st - Johnson is great, though a case could be made for Carriker as well.

2nd - I'm not sure about Pitcock... he's not really the pocket collapser / backfield penetrator type (hmm, that sounds rather nasty).

bucknut12
02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
LaRon is a FS not SS idk why is listed as one.

LOVE the Ross pick

Ryan McBean is OK, would have preferred a MLB here.

'Twas the Mock Before the Combine' and it earns you a B+

EHobbs27
02-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Like the picks of Higgins and Meriweather, but I don't understand the Carriker pick. I don't understand any DL pick for the Pats unless the DL can play LB.

etk
02-23-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't see where the big shockers are? Good Bucs picks. Good picks all around I thought you made some different tweaks but they made sense. Meachem to Carolina and Carriker to NE were the only bad picks I can remember. Neither of those players are needs. I don't know why you had such a justification of the Russell pick, as if it shouldn't have happened or something. It's the right pick. Raider fans need to learn to accept him because he has a special arm.

Philliez01
02-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Like the picks of Higgins and Meriweather, but I don't understand the Carriker pick. I don't understand any DL pick for the Pats unless the DL can play LB.

I may have had a brainfart here, so I am probably wrong here but isn't Ty Warren a FA? If he is, I don't think Jarvis Green is a starter and Carriker's such a great talent that I think it would be ill-advised for the Patriots to pass up on him. He can play in both the 3-4 and in the 4-3 as a UT and I just can't see him being passed up on. If Warren isn't a FA, my apologies; I just thought his contract ran up soon.

Philliez01
02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't see where the big shockers are? Good Bucs picks. Good picks all around I thought you made some different tweaks but they made sense. Meachem to Carolina and Carriker to NE were the only bad picks I can remember. Neither of those players are needs. I don't know why you had such a justification of the Russell pick, as if it shouldn't have happened or something. It's the right pick. Raider fans need to learn to accept him because he has a special arm.

The world knows that but some Raiders fans don't, but it's good to see some intrigue before draft day on who's going #1 as last year proved.

I think I made some tweaks that people would've considered a major reach if no one else sees that, my fault there. I just explained Carriker but I believe I made a mistake there, should've looked more in-depth.

Meachem I feel makes sense and was considering putting him as high as San Francisco. I'm Afroman high on him and I think he would be a great compliment to Steve Smith. Of course LaRon Landry probably would've been the better pick but hey, it's something that I was curious on. I really believe if he has a great Combine/Pro Day that he can go high.

Philliez01
02-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Two DL picks in the first two rounds? I can live with that... :wink:

1st - Johnson is great, though a case could be made for Carriker as well.

2nd - I'm not sure about Pitcock... he's not really the pocket collapser / backfield penetrator type (hmm, that sounds rather nasty).

:lol: I usually try to avoid saying penetrate or penetration as it usually comes off weird; but there aren't many other adjectives to use in place. I would've added explanations for the 2nd round but I was running out of time. I think Pitcock would be a good pick for a team like Denver based on what else was there. I think CB is a depth need as I feel Foxworth can start.

sweetness34
02-23-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd like Staley in the 1st and Wendling in the 2nd. But overall, nicely done my friend.

EHobbs27
02-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Warren isn't a FA this year, but I believe his contract runs out in a year or two. I'm not too worried though because I feel that Belichick and company will do anything they can to keep him here. Warren is so valuable to this team. I also think Jarvis Green is very capable of starting here, so DE is not really that big of a need.

AZ9er
02-23-2007, 10:37 PM
nice kc picks

Chucky
02-23-2007, 11:00 PM
pretty good bucs picks, but i dont think the bucs would pass on poz in the second round

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Landry over Bowe for the Packers

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't see where the big shockers are? Good Bucs picks. Good picks all around I thought you made some different tweaks but they made sense. Meachem to Carolina and Carriker to NE were the only bad picks I can remember. Neither of those players are needs. I don't know why you had such a justification of the Russell pick, as if it shouldn't have happened or something. It's the right pick. Raider fans need to learn to accept him because he has a special arm.so did Leaf,Boller,and Leftwich.

thebow305
02-24-2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah.... not such a great phins draft.

piuttosto
02-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it. Perfect Giants draft.

kevin148
02-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Hate the Vikings picks.

Not saying they can't or won't happen...but Anderson is to much like udeze for me and Rice is the biggest ? amongst the top tier WR's.

If this happens I might turn the T.V. off all year long...okay , maybe not :lol:

terginomer
02-24-2007, 04:02 AM
nice bills draft!

comahan
02-24-2007, 04:51 AM
I would love Lynch and Houston.

Caddy
02-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Pretty decent Buc draft

etk
02-24-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't see where the big shockers are? Good Bucs picks. Good picks all around I thought you made some different tweaks but they made sense. Meachem to Carolina and Carriker to NE were the only bad picks I can remember. Neither of those players are needs. I don't know why you had such a justification of the Russell pick, as if it shouldn't have happened or something. It's the right pick. Raider fans need to learn to accept him because he has a special arm.so did Leaf,Boller,and Leftwich.

In your sig you call Peterson AP, like it should be. So I guess you have a right to want him over JaMarcus :D

02-24-2007, 08:14 AM

And Elway and Marino and Favre.

The Unseen
02-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Nice Jax draft

Philliez01
02-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Landry over Bowe for the Packers

That was my fault there, that does indeed make more sense though I do think Underwood can step right in and start if Manuel struggles.

Severe-I don't like Rice either as a prospect but considering he's the last top-tier WR left; I thought it was mainly a BPA based off of need. Craig Davis, I guess, would've been possible as well there but I thought Rice was a good enough caliber player to be up there.

ftbl88
02-24-2007, 01:39 PM
As an Eagles fan, it sucks that all of the main guys we want are gone, but I could see it happening, so the first pick is good in this situation. The second pick is also great for the Eagles considering who is left for the pick. Its a shome that Willis or Griffin wasn't left for our pick in the first though.

T-RICH49
02-24-2007, 03:29 PM
nice kc picks

GREAT KC picks.Jarrett and Mebane would be starters from Day 1

Philliez01
02-24-2007, 03:30 PM
As an Eagles fan, it sucks that all of the main guys we want are gone, but I could see it happening, so the first pick is good in this situation. The second pick is also great for the Eagles considering who is left for the pick. Its a shome that Willis or Griffin wasn't left for our pick in the first though.

Yeah I know, I literally just went to toonster's mock and picked out his first and I'm admitting that. Philly does get a good player at least but I think they would want a more typical LB than Gocong who's more of a pass-rusher.

The post-Combine Mock will likely come on Wednesday, I just noticed NO TEs go early.

LB51
02-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Average Giants mock

Eaglez.Fan
02-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Philly's 1st rounder is horrible. 2nd rounder is good

smittyjs
02-25-2007, 11:34 AM
I Hate Hall, rather have Houston if we go CB in round one, and i hate the fact than we even go CB in round one. Adam Carriker or Charles Johnson please....

Ravens1991
02-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Great Ravens mock.

21ST
02-25-2007, 12:00 PM
The redskins pick is so so

Philliez01
02-25-2007, 12:04 PM
I Hate Hall, rather have Houston if we go CB in round one, and i hate the fact than we even go CB in round one. Adam Carriker or Charles Johnson please....

At least you were honest there, but I know how the board feels about Hall but I think you could use a CB even before the Pac-Man situation. Houston is an interesting pick, I'll definitely consider that one and Carriker.