PDA

View Full Version : 7 Rounder! Comment please!

Patriots16-0
02-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Forgot this mock. I will do a 2 Rounder with comments. It's too early to a 7th rounder.

http://www.mymockdraft.com/8673/Review.aspx

Enjoy!

Turtlepower
02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Pretty bad Giants draft. Connor in the first is not filling an immediate need, but after that it is reach after reach. Jake Ike will be had in the 6th and so will about everyone else that you picked for the G-Men.

T-RICH49
02-07-2008, 09:08 AM
for KC:

Round 1. Good pick
Round 2. Love this pick I am really high on Godfrey
Round 3. Great pick
Round 4. Love that pick as well
Round 5. KC has Miami's 5th for Trent Green.Give us Tavares Gooden.2nd 5th is probably BPA so no problems with that
Round 6. JDB is a better pick there IMHO and we have Tampa Bay's 6th for Micheal Bennett
Round 7. not bad but KC also has NYG's 7th for Tynes

etk
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Bucs:

1. D. We need a receiver, but Manningham is a reach and he looks like a poor man`s Galloway at this point. Galloway got pushed around a lot near the end of the season and had little to no impact. We need receivers that are over 178 lbs that can actually release at the LOS and do more than go deep. Manningham would be almost useless in an NFL WCO. Calais Campbell please.

2. F. I dont like Pressley nor do I like the value. We need a NT and Pressley is an UT Plenty of great receivers here like Andre Caldwell that are better fits-value than Manningham.

3. A. Probably the best pick available.

4. F-. Who the hell is Brandon McAndrew and why do we need him. BJ Askew is fine thanks.

5. B. TE is not really a need at this point unless Stevens doesnt return.

6. D. Not a good system fit and we dont need 2 corners when we usually only keep 4-5 on the roster.

7. F. Anthony Morelli is terrible, and terrible for the WCO.

An awful Bucs mock, but I give you credit for trying. 7 rounds and you managed to fill one need.

Jakey
02-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Good effort bro...but that is a terrible Steelers draft (barring Otah).

Most of them are not good fits, and most of them are reaches. Can you please give a brief explination of the picks? Thanks bro.

Matthew Jones
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Can't wait to read this! Props on going seven rounds!

iloxygenil
02-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Falcons own the Steelers 7th round pick (Allen Rossum)

Diehard
02-07-2008, 10:26 AM
The Denver draft starts out okay, but after the first two selections it's a mess. I don't like any of the players (e.g. DE in 4th? Why?), and the actual picks are wrong (IIRC we have: 1,2,4,4,5,5,7,7)

Giants Pride
02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Pretty bad Giants draft. Connor in the first is not filling an immediate need, but after that it is reach after reach. Jake Ike will be had in the 6th and so will about everyone else that you picked for the G-Men.

I disagree a little. I hate the 2nd and 3rd round picks but I like Connor, Castille. You hit on the Giants needs, but with Jake Ike's injury he is going to be lucky to get a 2nd day pick.

Vikes99ej
02-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't like..... any of the Vikings picks!!! I don't want to pass on Reggie Smith and Chris Williams for DeSean Jackson. Keith Rivers falls all the way to 27?

Billingsley26
02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
not a bad bills draft.

i dont see NE drafting a RB at all, let alone two. they are fine with maroney, morris and faulk.

Patriots16-0
02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
not a bad bills draft.

i dont see NE drafting a RB at all, let alone two. they are fine with maroney, morris and faulk.

Morris and Faulk are old.

thebow305
02-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Decent Phins draft. Hate the Caldwell pick though, and we don't have a 5th rounder.

GDWTheSickness
02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
i couldn't make it past the 3rd round for the cowboys. their picks were pretty bad. props on going 7 rounds though.

Billingsley26
02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Morris and Faulk are old.

but if the team came down to maroney, morris, faulk, evans, slaton and broussard. i think broussard and slaton will be cut.

portermvp84
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I didn't mind 1. Sedrick Ellis, wouldn't mind DMAC. I wasn't happy with Williams in the second. I'd rather have a WR like Hardy or Doucet.

Patriots16-0
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
but if the team came down to maroney, morris, faulk, evans, slaton and broussard. i think broussard and slaton will be cut.

Evans is a FB. If we cut Morris and Faulk to get cap space, that would be:

Maroney, Slaton (a great duo), Broussard and Justise Hairston (our 2007 6th rounder).

Thunder&Lightning
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Great Chargers Draft!
Love Rivers in 1st round
Arrington in 4th is a steal
Zbikowski is another steal

Billingsley26
02-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Maroney, Slaton (a great duo), Broussard and Justise Hairston (our 2007 6th rounder).

I dont see us cutting Morris or Faulk. Especially Faulk. He is one of our most valuable players on the team. Morris played very well and earned his money this year.

toddmlazarchick
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
For Washington:

Round 1 - Calais Campbell is great here but i dont see DRC going that early to NE. He will be around for our pick and would be the best overall pick and fills a huge need for us.

Round 2 - James Hardy - also a solid pick we need a big tall WR to complement our group now

Round 3 - Dwight Lowrey - a solid pick here. we need a CB with the injury to rogers and springs getting old.

Round 5 - J R Leman - bad pick. we have Fletcher our starter and Blades who should really good promise as his backup to take over when Fletcher is done. I see Jolonn Dunbar a better fit he is a PLB not a MLB.

Round 6 - Dantrell Savage - bad pick. we have Portis, and Betts. Cartwright is our returner who might be out the door for Mason. we have 4 rbs that are gonna make the roster ahead of savage. Give us Killebrew, Dingle, Barnett or Castille before him.

Round 7 - Darrell Strong - solid pick. i dont know much about him though. we need a young blocking TE to go with Cooley so if he is a good blocker then yeah im all for it.

overall with exception to round 5 and 6 (which are hard to predict anyway) its a very solid draft for the skins id be happy if we went this way in April. you get rep for this man!!

Pryme
02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Awful cowboys draft. Talib is an awful fit. No QB in the third. The linebacker you picked wouldn't fit in the 3-4 as an ILB let alone a OLB.

fischbowl
02-07-2008, 01:04 PM
i love the my mock draft format. but not a great Bills draft...

LonghornsLegend
02-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I wont knock you too much because you went 7 rds but your picks rounds 3-5 were horrible for Dallas....qb in rd 3?? we need a backup not a guy to rely on, thats way too early to take a backup, olb in rd 4 is probably our most crowded position, i would rather take another cb there...and ss next we have roy williams still, and hamlin is essentially a ss, we would need a guy with range like marcus griffin....

your first 3 picks for us were really good thena fter that you werent right on our needs at all

bored of education
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
you are pissed the Ginants beat you damn. their draft alone tells me you are a ******.

zuttah, Ike are reachers for them and connor wont be there for them either.

Great draft for KC, but we have another pick in the 5th, 6th, and 7th!

SubNoize
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
I like how you put up a poll and then give yourself an A. Pretty classic stuff there. by the way, bad Raiders draft after round 1.

foozball
02-07-2008, 02:21 PM
why is jack ikegwuonu in round 2? that aint gonna happen...you know he blew his knee out right?

Patriots16-0
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
why is jack ikegwuonu in round 2? that aint gonna happen...you know he blew his knee out right?

I knew but I just remembered that after the mock.

foozball
02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
and where is dajuan morgan?

portermvp84
02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I like how you put up a poll and then give yourself an A. Pretty classic stuff there. by the way, bad Raiders draft after round 1.

Yeah, I don't like taking a tackle in the second round. We have bigger needs to fullfill.

GB12
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
You got the posions pretty right for the Packers, but I don't like the players for the most part.

Finsfan79
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
dont like the miami draft at all

Bills2083
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Keith Rivers > Malcolm Kelly in round 1...
This would be better for Buffalo...

1.) Keith Rivers - LB
2.) James Hardy - WR
3.) Fred Davis - TE
3.) Zack Bowman - CB
4.) Andre Fluellen - DT
5.) Kenny Iwebema - DE
6.) Justin Forsett - RB
7.) Ahtyba Rubin - DT

I'd like this.
I dont know how many Bills fans would..

saintsfan912
02-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Round 1 - DE for the Saints? Really? Will Smith and Charles Grant are fine. Keith Rivers or Kenny Phillips is a MUCH better pick there for us.

Round 2 - Not too sure about Porter but ok.

Round 3 - Rather have Hefney or Chevis Jackson than Hall.

Round 4 - No way we draft a guy like Carlson in the 4th. Prob go Barton, Grimes or Dunlap there.

Round 5 - If we don't go DT earlier than 5, we won't go there now. Prob better off with Hawkins or Bess to push Meachem to actually suit up next season.

Round 6 - Give me Alley Broussard before the kid with the weird name from MSU.

Round 7 - Don't really know anything about the kid from Round 7 so ok.

fenikz
02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
1st - With the top 3 CBs and Harvey and Gholston gone Stewart is the BPA and helps elongate Edge's Career - A

2nd - Not a big fan of Tribble, i feel there are plenty of CB's who will fall to the 3rd of equal value much rather have Crable or Ellis here - C-

3rd - Dizon isn't the OLB type we are looking for, we need a pure pass rusher, our secondary was exposed last year because of a lack of pressure, if we end up with Crable or Ellis in the 2nd then Chevis Jackson or Dwight Lowery are good picks here - B

4th - Barton is a great pick here we could always use quality O-Line depth and he is great value at this point - A-

5th - Monk is a huge steal at this point, I think that he will have a great combine though so he will be picked much earlier, we could either use his big body in the slot as a mismatch or play Boldin in the slot where he thrives - A+

6th - Sorry don't know the guy but we don't have much need for a ILB as we have 2 great starters and quality Depth, a Punter would be ideal here as Berger is just terrible, Dragosavich and Brooks are the top 2 in the draft either of those would be fine - D

7th - Never hear of Paleme either but of course once you get past 5 rounds it's based all on coaches preference, we could use a blocking TE here - D

Overall I give it a B+

would give you rep too but i used all mine today

02-07-2008, 04:22 PM
The Raiders day one draft is really good but after that you were quite off on the teams needs.

Patriots16-0
02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
and where is dajuan morgan?

Dajuan Morgan, Anthony Collins and Phillip Merling weren't in MyMockDraft board... :(

neko4
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
GB has no need for a DT and Donald Lee just had a breakout year at TE

Xonraider
02-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Sedrick Ellis, good pick. Only thing: He is 306, not 295.
Chris Williams... does he fit a ZBS?
The rest was terrible.

DiG
02-07-2008, 05:05 PM
skins:

rd 1 - Calais Campbell, Good fit for the Skins and I think that he is undervalued at this point however i find it hard to pass on Otah and Rivers though I understand the rationale.

rd 2 - James Hardy, I was sad to see all those good corners go off the board before the skins pick. I have a hard time still putting Hardy in the first round or early second and I think that late second is about right for his value.

rd 3 - Dwight Lowery, Before I scrolled down I was hoping this would be a cb. Though a guard is a real possibility. This works though.

rd 5 - JR Lemon, Not a good pick. We should be going OG with this pick. No question. And if we did go LB it woudnt be ILB.

rd 6 - Dantrelle Savage, Not sure why we are picking a rb with portis, betts, and rock and we just resigned mason.

rd 7 - Darrell Strong, 7 rounds and no olineman.....

defensiveback23
02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
The Charger do not need a LB at all. Rivers would have to play ILB in their scheme and Cooper/Wilhelm both stepped up in their first years of starting. The depth is good with Siler, Waters and Dobbins. We need a RT and Gosder Cherilus would be a perfect fit. I like Zbikowski in the 5th and Torrain is alright.

TacticaLion
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM

God forbid he makes a 7 round mock, likes how it turned out and gives himself a pat on the back. He gave himself an A? So what? The first 7 rounder I've seen on here... deserves it.

Pats16-0: I actually like this mock... a lot. Not big on McKelvin, but he's a great prospect and could be a good fit. Wheeler in round 2 is perfect... and Blake in round 3 is an outstanding pick. The only pick I'm not big on is DeCoud... but that's in the 6th, and it's safety depth.

If we left the draft with McKelvin, Wheeler and Blake... I'd be ecstatic. A for the mock.

RoyHall#1
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Way too many offensive picks for the Browns.

falconsrule
02-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Chad Henne in the 6th round?

BamaFalcon59
02-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Good Falcons draft outside of the need at offensive tackle. Barry Richardson would not solve that issue.

summond822
02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I have trouble understanding this draft for the Seahawks...Chris Johnson in the first...we need a RB that will run hard, not some gimmicky tweener ala Reggie Bush.

Martin Rucker is going way too early to the hawks...he's be there in the third more than likely.

Jacob Hester...cmon dude...we already have a really really good FB...don't know if you've heard of him or not, but his name is Leonard Weaver. He is explosive and is coming along nicely as a blocker...oh ya, he's a relatively young player too...so we don't need another FB project.

I really did not like this draft for the seahawks...we didn't even address our need for a run stopping DT or a G (we're okay at C).

Joeyjr09
02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
1.)Chris Long: Solid pick. Any of Long, Dorsey or even Gholston are ok there and fit needs. Moreso Long and Gholston then Dorsey. A
2a.) Sam Baker: Great pick, smart savvy LT that can move Carey over to RT and upgrade the lines talent as a whole. A+
2b.) Andre Caldwell: Would like a bigger WR as we already have a smaller guy in Ted Ginn. Position and need is ok but we need a bigger guy that brings a different element. Caldwell brings the same things we already have in Ginn. Although he's not a WR Fred Davis would bring some of different elements from the TE spot and is a much better value there. He'd be my pick. C-
3.) Terrell Thomas is ok in round 3. Definately a need and the right position is looked at but I'm not sure he's good enough to go that high. I'd be looking at a DE like Jason Jones or a QB like Flacco in that spot. Not a bad pick but there's better talent on the table. C
4.) Kellen Davis is very iffy to me at this point. Way to many other talents on the board. Specially Kendal Langford who is ideal as a 3-4 DE which we are in desperate need of. Can't pass on him at this point. F
5.) Miami doesn't have a 5th rounder. Traded to KC for Trent Green.
6.) I love murder someone to get Chad Henne in round 6. But no way on earth it happens. He is a 2nd round lock at this point and the number 3 QB in the draft. F for not being realistic. A guy like Shannon Tevaga or Simeon Castille would be welcome additions this late in the game.
7.) Sumerall? Who? Greg Carr would you have going to the Raider in round 7 isn't even declared and is likely a top a top 45 pick in next years draft. I'm fact I can't even find a 7th rounder that makes any sense. Maybe Brian Witherspoon?

scottyboy
02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
rounds 4-6 are the only picks that I can live wit

oh, round 1 wasnt bad. 2 and 3 made me want to puke blood though..

and injured guy who probably will fall till rounds 4-6 and an over rated Loserville WR

Matthew Jones
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Interesting first round pick. I like Rivers there but I could see Cromartie and wouldn't be too upset. Don't like Slaton - he's a wimp and we have some quality running backs. Trae Williams would be my pick. Hillis is the kind of guy NE would like, but they have Evans and Eckel at FB. I like Jason Jones or Eric Young there. I don't mind Goff at all. Gooden over Demps in the fourth, that's an awesome value. Bryant is a nice player. Steltz fell way too far, Henne too. Castille over Broussard. Wright is okay. Overall, a decent mock for the Pats, could have been better, but hey. Awesome effort!

imprint3454
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Can I buy some pot from you?

Chad Rinehart and Ahtyba Rubin drop to the 7th round? These two guys are projected 2nd-3rd round picks.

The Bears won't draft Ainge with Joe Flacco still on the board. The Bears have been scouted Flacco for a couple of years.

Horrible.

Yung Flippa
02-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Good First for the Ravens and Texans. Okay 2nd for the Ravens and Houston probably takes a secondary player like Hefney or Lowery. Okay 4th for Baltimore, but Tony Hills falling that low, they might take a chance on him. Houston takes Quentin Demps over Wells. Ravens might get tempted to take LaValle Hawkins in 5th. Give houston Dorien Bryant in 5th. Good 6th for both. Give houston someone like Cory Byod. Baltimore probably takes a chance and picks up Ray Ray's brother, Keon.

Yung Flippa
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
BTW MAJOR Props for doing a SEVEN round draft.

JagHombre22
02-07-2008, 11:54 PM
horrible Jags draft...

1) F- Reggie Smith has no place in the Jaguars secondary...

2) F- you have failed to yet address the most major need on our team...DE

3) F- We do not need a DT over DE...plain and simple...

4) D- Offensive Line is not a need and there are other needs that should have been addressed but tackle is a good position to draft...eh

5) B- Probably your best pick out of the entire Jags draft...

6) F- Hooray! you gave us a DE...too little too late...

7) F- a running back who won't make the team...great

and the Jags have the Seahawks sixth round pick...

BeerBaron
02-08-2008, 12:01 AM
ick...not a fan of the bears draft. clady is alright but round 2 is WAAAAYYY too high for ainge. rather have flacco.

OLB is NOT a top 3 round need for the bears. im tired of seeing that in peoples drafts.....

JT Jag
02-08-2008, 12:04 AM
No DEs for Jacksonville?

heavyduty
02-08-2008, 01:20 AM
as a bills fan i couldnt be happier

imprint3454
02-08-2008, 02:39 AM
OLB is NOT a top 3 round need for the bears. im tired of seeing that in peoples drafts.....Agreed. Even if Briggs does not return to the Bears, people outside the Chicago fan base, have not heard of Jamar Williams or Michael Okwo.

luckyjackaubrey
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Follow your team son, Harrison has been gone since before pre season began. He was last sighted as a Colt practice squad guy. They would never make any of the picks you have here. Why so many skill position guys for a team that lead the league in scoring ?

We need O-lline upgrades for RG and RT, linebackers, and DB's. No QB, no RB, no WR.

This would be why fans are fans and should remain so.

DeathbyStat
02-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Cards C+

Falcons A+

Baltimore C+

Bills B+

Panthers F

Bears C+

Bengals D+

Browns C-

Cowboys C+

Broncos C-

Lions C+

Packers D+

Texans D-

Colts F

Jag B-

Chiefs B+

Dolphins B+

Viking C-

Pat D+

Saint C-

Giants D-

Jets C-

Raider A-

Eagles C+

Steelers D-

Charger C-

49ers C+

Seahawks D

Ram C+

Bucs C+.......an F after you drafted Anthony Morelli

Titans C-

Redskins B-

TacticaLion
02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Lions C+

Only C+ for Lions? He filled the greatest positions of need with talented players... it at least gets a B/B+.

KCJ58
02-08-2008, 12:36 PM
1. No Glenn Dorsey, If Chris Long is off the board we want Gholston

2. Gosder Cherilus is a good pick but rather have Chris Williams if he's still on the board

3. I like that you but us getting a WR in the 3rd round nut i've never seen or heard of Keenan Burton

4. Kendall Langford never seen him play but ok pick i guess

5. Stanley Franks is a good pick we do need some depth in the DB

6. Yvenon Bernard the 2nd coming of Steven Jackson? probley not but i would have spend this pick on a OG or OC

7. I wouldn't be mad at all if we took Sam Keller with our last pick

DeathbyStat
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Only C+ for Lions? He filled the greatest positions of need with talented players... it at least gets a B/B+.

I really like the first two picks but I wouldn't touch Tommy Blake before the 4th round.....plus the rest of the picks are just ok

energizerbunny
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
alot of off the wall picks, Rubin doesn't even get drafted?

BaLLiN
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Reese's draft last year, every pick made sense and was for depth at the position needing depth, i dont think the giants would pick up another runningback, middle linebacker, and another Free Safety when they have Gibril Wilson (who will probably come back) and Michael Johnson after that.

SubNoize
02-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Raider A-

You're obviously not a Raiders fan, this draft was bad after round 1. OT is not an immediate need, we drafted Mario Henderson last year as a LT project, , so if we do go T it should be Cherilus or Nicks as Green can be upgraded at RT. James Hardy, Devin Thomas or Donnie Avery would have made more sense there. Round 4, Choice is a bad pick considering we already have a strong back in Fargas, a good change of pace back would have been good here, but the values off so he has Trevor Laws still on board and he'd be a good pick despite taking Ellis because Oakland really needs line depth with the possible departure of Kelly to FA and the likelyhood of the not keeping Warren at his salary. Round 5 pick belongs to denver but he has us keeping it so that's void. Round 6, Justin Forsett or Josh Barrett would be better choices Forsett offers that value we needed in picking up a change of pace back. Barrett would allow a smooth transition to FS for Huff. And Rd 7. BPA maybe a corner for some depth or any O-lineman that fits a ZBS. Overall he had some of the positions right, but we could have snagged better players than what we got.

Patriots16-0
02-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Forgot this mock. I will do a 2 Rounder with comments. It's too early to a 7th rounder.