PDA

View Full Version : Offer from Philly?

ESimsfan87
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
On 97.1 the ticket, Karsch and Anderson were talking about two different Philly sources citing that the Eagles had offered us a 4th rounder and Reggie Brown for Roy,Roy, Roy...

So aside from the obvious no like aspect, what do you think about our first trade offer for either Roy or Big baby?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I'd shoot Millen if he made that trade

A mediocre receiver and day 2 pick(wasted by Millen) for Roy. No thanks

Xiomera
02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Make it Reggie Brown and a 2nd rounder and we have a deal.

Scotty D
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I never thought about Philly as a Roy destination, but they could definitely use him. Horrible offer though.

Bootland27
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
It makes no sense.....Trading Roy for another WR? We're better off just keeping him.

bsaza2358
02-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't exactly understand the logic behind the offer, but if it has any legitimacy, that would be interesting. As an Eagles fan, I'd do it in a second.

LonghornsLegend
02-07-2008, 01:18 PM

I agree that be much better then the original, but why even take another wr, id rather get a mid 1st for roy and get a defensive stud

figure there will be more deals to come, even if you guys keep him

bsaza2358
02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Who knows if the offer has any legitimacy at all? If anything, Detroit is making it public, so they can drive up the bidding from other teams.

ESimsfan87
02-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I absolutely hate the offer but if anything hopefully it can start a bidding war with a team who happens to be in the same division...has two first round draft picks...hmm...aging diva wr...got beat in a division game against the g-men even though they were supposed to win... no I have no idea what team it is.

Oh yeah- the Boys...

bsaza2358
02-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Whenever the Cowboys have a guy named Roy Williams on their team, he ends up playing crappy, but still gets overrated by idiots who don't understand the game...

Xiomera
02-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree that be much better then the original, but why even take another wr, id rather get a mid 1st for roy and get a defensive stud

figure there will be more deals to come, even if you guys keep him

It comes down to your opinion on how well Furrey and McDonald could perform outside of a Martz offense, and as #2/#3 receivers.

I am not optimistic about those guys performing well enough to not need another WR, but I would probably take a defensive stud over Roy at this point.

Addict
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
wow... Philly has lost it's mind, no way Roy comes that cheap.

bsaza2358
02-07-2008, 02:13 PM
It's not that bad an offer if you think about it. Not really "market value", but it's not attrocious. Reggie Brown is a solid #2 WR who could start and be productive for most NFL teams. He's only 24 or 25 and has more upside. He is also under a very reasonable contract through 2012 or so with no trade kicker (no extra cost). The Eagles eat most of the bonus cap hit for the Lions. They also have to bear the cost of signing Roy to a huge extension or new contract, which won't be cheap at all. Given those details and Roy's potential attitude issues, Philly is taking a lot of risk with its chemistry and cap room.

GDWTheSickness
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
It's not that bad an offer if you think about it. Not really "market value", but it's not attrocious. Reggie Brown is a solid #2 WR who could start and be productive for most NFL teams. He's only 24 or 25 and has more upside. He is also under a very reasonable contract through 2012 or so with no trade kicker (no extra cost). The Eagles eat most of the bonus cap hit for the Lions. They also have to bear the cost of signing Roy to a huge extension or new contract, which won't be cheap at all. Given those details and Roy's potential attitude issues, Philly is taking a lot of risk with its chemistry and cap room.

dude reggie brown is 27

bsaza2358
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
My mistake. He's still only a 4th year player and still has room to grow. He'll also come cheaper than Roy.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Reggie Brown just signed a 5 year extension last year(2006). So we would only have to pay his salaries for the next 3/4 years as Bsaza mentioned. He signed in November 6. I'd do that for a 2nd and Reggie. Reggie would be a decent second receiver after thinking about it.

If we get a second,and get a receiver that is guranteed to be here for 3 to 4years to compliment CJ that would be a good trade. The second from Philly would be a mid 2nd so that would work.

Hopefully, this Reggie Brown would have better luck than the last Reggie Brown that played for the Lions. I wonder how he is doing?

bsaza2358
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
If the Lions are desperate to move Roy, they will not get equal value for him. Maybe they can get a third + Reggie, but not that much more. I highly doubt that Roy Williams is worth Reggie + #2 to the Eagles.

Sniper
02-07-2008, 02:50 PM
If the Lions are desperate to move Roy, they will not get equal value for him. Maybe they can get a third + Reggie, but not that much more. I highly doubt that Roy Williams is worth Reggie + #2 to the Eagles.

Like I said in the Philly thread, Millen's not that dumb is he?

bsaza2358
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Millen has made some decent trades in his time as GM. His draft picks and coach selection are more suspect, though.

Scotty D
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Millen has made some decent trades in his time as GM. His draft picks and coach selection are more suspect, though.

Ehhh, Bly for Foster and Bell.

WMD
02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Let's just pretend this trade was never proposed and move on with our lives..

Pocket
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Trade_offer_to_Detroit_Lions_for_Roy_Willaims_from _Eagles/128454

Please god no.

TacticaLion
02-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Horrible value... I'd cry.

detroit4life
02-07-2008, 06:12 PM
theres no way we'd be better off keeping him and tryin to work a deal out or franchising him

Brothgar
02-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I think I can speak for all Lions fans when I say F that I'd rather take the second round pick from San Fran.

reinar
02-07-2008, 10:30 PM
turn it down.
ROy for a first rounder, or a MLB, DE, CB stud
Rogers for a first rounder, or above
KJ for a first rounder of above.

all 3 if you can find em, and fill our DEF needs. Cj, Furrey, and McDonald can and will continue to do well.
Duckett and another FA or draft running back will do fine.
Lets go 10-6 + next year, make the right trades, FA pick ups Millen.
Go Marinelli

Kid_Ego
02-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I like Roy but Randy Moss got traded for a top ten pick Roy isnt Randy nor has he ever had anything close to a randy season.
Then he got traded again for a fourth rounder to the Patriots Which randy didnt do well at Oakland But Williams hasnt exactly Blown the league up either I dont understand why they would take another Wide out but a player and a 4th sounds about right to me or maybe 3rd rounder by himself.

There is noone on earth who is going to give a first rounder for KJ the guy doesnt stay on the field enough. If you for a 3rd rounder Id say pull the trigger. First RB arent that hard to find in the draft. And KJ isnt backing up his draft status.

Rogers on the other hand is at a premium position but doesnt always seem to play to his potential if you got a 3rd for him it would be too much for bad Shaun and too little for good shaun.

TacticaLion
02-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Randy was a much different story. He was a horrible teammate in Oakland... didn't try and hardly played.

Branch went for a 1st... and I'd take Roy over Branch. It happens both ways all the time.

I'd take a high second for Roy... but not a 4th and an average WR.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
The problem is Roy is way more valuable to us than he is to other teams.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/dont_expect_roy_williams_to_be.html

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 02:58 PM

I say Kevin Curtis and a 3rd.

Addict
02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I say Kevin Curtis and a 3rd.

no way... a third?! We don't really need another receiver we're drowning in them right now. Let's just get a late first/early second for Roy for crying out loud.

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
no way... a third?! We don't really need another receiver we're drowning in them right now. Let's just get a late first/early second for Roy for crying out loud.

Well any chance that Jerry Jones can give us the second first round pick at #22????

Owens and Roy Williams at Reciever.
Romo gets better.
Barber gets better.

That moves makes the Cowboys the BEST team in the NFC and it wont be close.

Then we can draft

#14- Jeff Ottah, Pittsburgh( Hes the next Marcus McNeil)

#22 from(DAL)- Kenny Phillips, Miami or Derrick Harvery, Florida.

Addict
02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Well any chance that Jerry Jones can give us the second first round pick at #22????

Owens and Roy Williams at Reciever.
Romo gets better.
Barber gets better.

That moves makes the Cowboys the BEST team in the NFC and it wont be close.

Then we can draft

#14- Jeff Ottah, Pittsburgh( Hes the next Marcus McNeil)

#22 from(DAL)- Kenny Phillips, Miami or Derrick Harvery, Florida.

I actually called that trade like three weeks ago (anyone with time on his hands, look it up). Roy to Dallas makes perfect sense, for the reasons you listed but also:

- the cowboy's position (22 is perfect)
- the fact roy wants to go back to texas
- the fact roy will fill a boatload of seats since he's a TU Alum
- Dallas has 2 first round picks, so they have some wiggle room

Keep in mind that our new OC has said that his PRIORITY (draft or otherwise) is getting a new starting RB) three weeks ago I remember saying something the likes of

15 - Derrick Harvey, DE
22 - Rashard Mendenhall, RB

round 2

Mayo/Lofton

round three

Cason, King, Godfrey, one of the falling corners (bound to happen)

(by the way we have the 15th pick in the draft, and with Chicago in front of us if Matt Ryan doesn't fall Otah is probably gone)

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I actually called that trade like three weeks ago (anyone with time on his hands, look it up). Roy to Dallas makes perfect sense, for the reasons you listed but also:

Keep in mind that our new OC has said that his PRIORITY (draft or otherwise) is getting a new starting RB) three weeks ago I remember saying something the likes of

15 - Derrick Harvey, DE

round 2

Mayo/Lofton

round three

(by the way we have the 15th pick in the draft, and with Chicago in front of us if Matt Ryan doesn't fall Otah is probably gone)

I think Mendenhall will be a stud in the league...he has all the tools..he would be a steal at 22.

I really hope we can get Ottah at 15 though....or maybe Merling from Clemson.

Addict
02-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Mendenhall will be a stud in the league...he has all the tools..he would be a steal at 22.

I really hope we can get Ottah at 15 though....or maybe Merling from Clemson.

most mocks have him go between 16 and 25 right now, so it's definately an option.

If he's unavailable, how about we get a linebacker or corner with the 22nd and then hope Felix Jones is there in the second?

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
most mocks have him go between 16 and 25 right now, so it's definately an option.

If he's unavailable, how about we get a linebacker or corner with the 22nd and then hope Felix Jones is there in the second?

Antoine Cason should be there at 22.

I doubt Felix Jones will be there.

Addict
02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Antoine Cason should be there at 22.

I doubt Felix Jones will be there.

With a very talented class of corners in this year's draft we should be able to get some solid value in the second or third round... same goes for RB, but that's been prioritized by the OC.

LonghornsLegend
02-08-2008, 04:28 PM

15 - Derrick Harvey, DE

round 2

Mayo/Lofton

round three

thats the most realistic trade, and ideal on both ends...Dallas would part with that pick, and as far as you guys are concerned it seems to me to be a smart move as well, I mean honestly Stanton is about to be qb at some point, and if he doesnt pan out you need another guy, do you really need two guys on both sides like roy and calvin without a proven guy at qb to distribute the ball and a solid o line...

With losing Martz, and going to Stanton at some point, seems like CJ is enough and build up the defense and o line...Not sure who else is willing to part with a 1st but Dallas needs a wr badly and a young guy, getting someone proven wins every time for a team on the cusp of the super bowl

Addict
02-08-2008, 05:04 PM
thats the most realistic trade, and ideal on both ends...Dallas would part with that pick, and as far as you guys are concerned it seems to me to be alot smart as well, I mean honestly Stanton is about to be qb at some point, and if he doesnt pan out you need another guy, do you really need two guys on both sides like roy and calvin without a proven guy at qb to distribute the ball and a solid o line...

With losing Martz, and going to Stanton at some point, seems like CJ is enough and build up the defense and o line...Not sure who else is willing to part with a 1st but Dallas needs a wr badly and a young guy, getting someone proven wins every time for a team on the cusp of the super bowl

It does make perfect sense, which is why the front office won't think of it... remember this is the lions front office... pity though

asmitty45
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
agreed broth. I like reggie brown a lot but we should get more than a 4th for him

Brothgar
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
agreed broth. I like reggie brown a lot but we should get more than a 4th for him

Oh don't get me wrong I think Reggie Brown is somewhat under rated but he isn't a 4th round pick away from being Roy Williams.

wingboy2999
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I think Reggie Brown is somewhat under rated but he isn't a 4th round pick away from being Roy Williams.

Amen broth[a].

Addict
02-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Rod Woodson saying he thinks Roy IF he goes should go to the 49ers... their first rounder is the 29th... option?

wingboy2999
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
I saw we talk to the Cowboys first.

Addict
02-14-2008, 02:47 AM
I say we talk to the Cowboys first.

yeah definately. I think they would be more open to giving up a first-rounder in any case, since they have two.

wingboy2999
02-14-2008, 09:15 AM
yeah definately. I think they would be more open to giving up a first-rounder in any case, since they have two.

Try to get something like a 2nd day pick too. That'd be sweet. I'm just wishing but that'd be sweet.

Kid_Ego
02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
I think the only one who thinks higher of Roy Williams then himself is Detriot fans. If he was truly worth a first round pick you wouldnt be getting rid of him. I dont see him bringing more then a 2nd to a desperate team and a 3rd to any team with a brain. hes inconsistant and over paid. Teams dont like giving up High dollars and high draft picks. Well noone outside of New Orleans

wingboy2999
02-15-2008, 12:08 AM
....says the guy named Kid Ego.

Please, if you are going to come into a conversation, know what you are talking about. The fact he may be on his way out means that we should move him. It's not that we WANT to move him to get him out of town. It's that we want to get SOMETHING before he justs walks. If I knew he'd never walk, then no, no trade. But that is not the case.

detroit4life
02-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I think the only one who thinks higher of Roy Williams then himself is Detriot fans. If he was truly worth a first round pick you wouldnt be getting rid of him. I dont see him bringing more then a 2nd to a desperate team and a 3rd to any team with a brain. hes inconsistant and over paid. Teams dont like giving up High dollars and high draft picks. Well noone outside of New Orleans

have u ever watched more than a couple lions games? Roy is easily worth a first round pick his stats went down this year because he was hurt and he had 2 more quality WRs on our team. Its also because Kitna is god awful and never had time to throw to roy. Roy is a top 10 WR in this league easily and will get even better in the next couple years. And theres no way we settle for anything less that a very early 2nd

Addict
02-16-2008, 04:07 AM

Roy Williams is worth a first round, and I don't understand what your point is, Roy is a young superstar who can really make a difference for any team. The reason we're looking for trade options isn't that we WANT to get rid of him, it's that both he and Kevin Jones have said to bolt after their respective contracts expire at the end of this year.