PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald Contract Talks

fenikz
02-08-2008, 12:28 AM
I'll just copy the parts I felt are important

While wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald spends the week in Hawaii preparing for the Pro Bowl, the Cardinals have made a contract extension offer in an effort to lower Fitzgerald’s monstrous salary cap figure for 2008.

Fitzgerald’s salary is scheduled to be $14.6 million this season, with a cap number around $16 million.

“His cap number will have an affect with how we proceed in free agency,” Graves said, allowing that without a new deal, the Cards not only will be hamstrung with new players but also re-signing their own free agents.

“We will keep working on it,” Graves said. “All three of those guys, Larry, Karlos and Calvin, have expressed a desire to stay here. We just want to work a deal (with Fitzgerald) where we don’t lose any ground (building the team).”

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2234

It's about time they started talking, I'm kind of amazed that even with a $16 million dollar cap hit we still should have about $30 Million left in cap space, if we can front load his contract but cut the hit down to around $12 million, we should easily be able to franchise Dansby, sign Pace long term and have some room left to pursue some quality depth or a big name FA

Cashmoney
02-08-2008, 12:34 AM
You guys should just go ahead and trade him to us. We'll gladly take that money off your hands. ;)