PDA

View Full Version : Why take a running back in the top 10?

Achilles33
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Why would you ever take a RB in the top 10? You could easily get a sufficient RB in the latter part of the first round or even on day 2. There have been tons of stud RB's found in round 3 and later. RB's have the shorest life span in the nfl. I really don't get why RB's are taken so high. Unless your team is just a RB away from the superbowl and you trade-up for the top RB, then I don't see why you ever pick a RB in the top 10. I would just pick the best one on the board in round 2. Can someone give me some insight on this? Doesn't make sencse to me now that I think about it.

EDIT: Wrong Forum. Mod edit this please.

Addict
02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding?

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Because if you dont somebody else will...how far you think Tomlinson and Bush wouldve dropped????

02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Simply because you just dont pass on elite RBs.

thebow305
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Who is this guy!?

Crickett
02-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Why would you ever take a RB in the top 10? You could easily get a sufficient RB in the latter part of the first round or even on day 2. There have been tons of stud RB's found in round 3 and later. RB's have the shorest life span in the nfl. I really don't get why RB's are taken so high. Unless your team is just a RB away from the superbowl and you trade-up for the top RB, then I don't see why you ever pick a RB in the top 10. I would just pick the best one on the board in round 2. Can someone give me some insight on this? Doesn't make sencse to me now that I think about it.

Like with just almost every position in the NFL, you need to look at it on a case by case basis. If a team needs a RB, then why not take one?

badgerbacker
02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Think about your questions before you ask them. Good players can come from the end of the draft at every position, so why don't teams trade away their first round picks for 6th and 7th round picks every time? Because the likelihood of success isn't as good in the later rounds as it is in the early rounds.